Magnet Reviews

of reviewers recommend Magnet
Telephone

Tell us how Magnet made you happy
Had the Cream Gloss Juna eight years ago, still in excellent condition. Sold my house in May the Estate Agents were blown away with the kichen including integrated alliances and a modern rangemaster cooker. The lady who bought my house also fell in live with the kitchen. Picked my Magnet kitchen for my new house, using my own fitter again. Sooo excited. Chose the dearest worktop in the shop but the lady showed me a cheaper version just as nice. Magnets every time
Honest, helpful staff, good quality kitchen, very reasonable prices, every single timescale met. Could not recommend them more highly.
We purchased a great kitchen at a great price. All staff were very helpful and any niggles were sorted out straight away.
I am a great convert to Magnet kitchens, which my builder suggested for my kitchen. I had enthusiastic help from the salesman (Kris) and the quality of the kitchen (being installed as we speak) is really good; solid, stylish, fab choice of handles, and with what my builder tells me are the German made mechanical fittings, it looks like a really expensive kitchen (which it wasn't - it was very reasonably priced.) A painless experience. Well done Kris and Magnet kitchens.
They provided a great plan and flat pack kitchen and appliances at excellent discount price. It looks great!
Poor design left me over £500 out of pocket to correct their mistakes
Everything started well however once the kitchen was stripped leaving us with a shell the problems have started. We have had a couple of no show appointments for the fitting and the fitter involved has not answered any of our calls today after promising us yesterday that he would start work today. Nobody is able to give me a definite answer as to what is actually happening and the whole process has become extremely stressful to us. The original start date we were given was 10/06/19 and were told that it would be a two week job. It is now 10/07/19 and we still have no kitchen nor any idea when we will actually have one. Granted there was extra work on the floor and ceiling which is now finished by sub contractors reccomend by Magnet but still no sign of our kitchen. My wife is extremely stressed and upset at the lack of communication and it really seems as if the left hand does not know what the right is doing here. I contacted head office today and they have told me that they will give me some sort of update tomorrow morning. If I am let down once more I am seeking legal advice. Given the record to date I do not think I would trust Magnet again and my only hope is that they will turn this disaster around as my wife and I are coming to the end of our tether with the incompetence with which we have been dealing and the lies that we have been told.
Kitchen itself is great and very few problems with units and other items. Our problem was with Magnet’s Fitting Services, as their contractor was useless, took over 19 weeks to finish the job, had never fitted our product before, resulted in 3 call outs from Electrolux to make good the fitters errors, ripped us off for extra’s and with no support from Magnet at all!!! So, consider their kitchens, but don’t trust their fitting, as all they do is hide behind irrelevant codes of practice and fitting agreements with no useful support whatsoever!!! Beware
I bought a kitchen from magnet in enfield all the drawing and plan was wrong anglous and matt can't design a dog house I took them to a Ombudsman service and there can't do anything about it I took the drawing to magnet in solihull retail park and he said it was a design problem so the magnet directors should know all about this issues and why there employ anglous and matt for there can't do there job waste of money it costs me a lot of money to put it right magnet company is ripped off customer
Do not recommend this place. Get kitchen anywhere but magnet, after paying £11000 I can tell you, if anything goes wrong after you paid the money, it's not their problem and you will have to fix it yourself. I have a 24 month warranty piece of paper which they ignore. Good luck if you go with them. They do not respect TrustMark.
Soooo bad! They said they would deliver on a Tuesday and was in the van Monday so would be with us at 8am....well. Turns out the kitchen had not been made. Finally arrived Thursday with missing pieces. And they act like the Furniture Ombudsman suggested £50 per day minimum is law. Anyway - at least I persuaded 3 people to go to Wrens instead since then. Can't let friends or family use them.
had a quote for nearly 10 grand, really??? small kitchen and this was supposed to have been half price! then they phoned me back saying they would knock £400 off. i have no faith in these companies why the hell dont they say that in the first place? went to wren and Howdens and was quoted half the price, avoid magnet they are a rip off, totally!
Stay well clear of these kitchens, the quality is absolutely shocking. I had a total of eight units replaced due to hole alignment issues and an additional unit that had surfaces resembling something that had being kicked around the car park. Other issues included; damaged edges, poor quality edges, panels not aligned, parts missing and joints not aligned. Despite bringing numerous quality issues to the attention of the customer care team almost two months ago they have failed to resolve the outstanding issues. Due to delays whilst waiting for replacement units, the lack of action to resolve and acknowledge the poor quality, implicated costs, substantial amount of time spent trying to sort, the whole experience has being extremely stressful. I have added several photos to highlight these issues.
Just had a very bad experience with Magnet Stourbridge branch. Initially, because l saw a trainee planner, she omitted to tell me that the products were flat pack, so if l wanted them made up l needed to pay another£1700. I was told this after l'd agreed to the purchase and paid a £300 deposit. As l'd have had to pay the fitter l'd arranged to do the work for me another £1500, l had to go with their fitting service for £2083, otherwise l'd have lost money. It took ages for their fitter to get in touch and l found him unpleasant. At this stage l'd been told by Magnet that before anything was ordered l'd go in store to look at an itemized list (l'd not had one up to now) and agree to everything before l paid the balance/kitchen ordered. I'd been given a date for fitting which the fitter didn't know about, but told them l didn't want to confirm until l'd been given a complete cost of electrics etc. To my surprise l had a letter from their factory saying that my kitchen had been ordered and a date when it was going to be delivered. As l hadn't even been in the store to finalize every thing, you can imagine my annoyance. I'd had enough of their unprofessional attitude, so went in store to cancel my order and receive back my £300 deposit. The manager at the Stourbridge branch was rude and nasty. Despite never telling me, he said l couldn't have back my deposit once the order had been placed and l should have read their terms and conditions (which l was never shown) He had no right to order the kitchen without finalization, as agreed. After getting very upset and speaking to customer services l eventually got back half my deposit £150. I was told l couldn't have it all, as they'd had to pay for the rude fitter when he came to see me!! I'd used Magnet in the past and had good experiences, but never again after what's happened. I think the manager at Stourbridge needs training in manners, store procedures and personal skills.
I paid £10k for a ‘slab in frame’ kitchen (ex fitting, appliances and work tops), basically just the chipboard. Imagine my surprise when it turned up and the cupboard doors were actually just mocked up ordinary ‘slab’ doors. And the reason I didn’t get the ‘slab in frame’ doors I was sold was because ‘...there was no alternative...’. As you can probably guess that wasn’t what their sales woman told me. Whilst I accept fitted appliances need mocked up doors it’s inexcusable to put fake ‘slab in frame’ doors on ordinary cupboards. I’ve taken this to my local Trades and Standards officer to try and stop anyone else getting ripped off. If you like the premium look of this type of kitchen go to Howdens it’s cheaper and they make no qualms about supply mocked up doors. I’ve uploaded two photos the genuine ‘slab in frame’ I was sold and the fake ones I’ve been told I’ll just have to put up with.
Agree with the review that said they ask you to rate them on trustpilot immediately, and yes it's probably because you can't see the faults. The quality of the cupboard doors is extremely poor to say the least, the MDF covering isn't finished properly. My kitchen is just over a year old and is already starting show age. Looking back I was bullied by the designer into having what she wanted. As far as I'm concerned I wasted £22,000 on a kitchen I could have got from B&Q at half the price and better quality. If it was possible to give 0 stars I would have.
Awful customer experience in two different magnet stores. Staff not interested in helping you if they know that you dont want the kitchen immediately. Makes you not want to buy from here purely on the appalling customer experience. We will be avoiding.
I wish I'd come across this site before buying... The truth of the matter is, Magent ask for all their trustpilot reviews immediately after sale, at which point everybody is happy. But it's only once your kitchen gets fitted that you realise just how terrible the products are, how bad your design is in reality and how little the staff care. Magnet the organisation is set up so you can basically only deal with the store your bought from, with very little discourse to raise it up the chain, and honestly the store does not care when you have an issue afterwards. I spent over £10k with Magnet and frankly I wish I hadn't - the product is no better than the cheaper places, the design has fundamental flaws and omissions which the store won't take the blame for and now we're left with a non-functioning terrible looking kitchen that they want to take more money off us to resolve - I'm pleading with everyone else, don't make the same mistake Avoid
Horrible experience. They do not refund the money. After a year still nothing!?! I can not believe it. Please stop buying from them anything if you want to avoid any disappointment. Rubbish customer service. The least honest company I have ever came across. When I think about them there is only one word that crossing my mind: SCUM!!!
Do not trust their guarantee. They will push their guarantee as a selling point when you are deciding on buying a kitchen yet once your kitchen is fitted you will get no help or cooperation if anything goes wrong. Never again Magnet
Magnet is rated 1.92 based on 24 reviews