Magnet Reviews

of reviewers recommend Magnet
Telephone

Tell us how Magnet made you happy
I paid £10k for a ‘slab in frame’ kitchen (ex fitting, appliances and work tops), basically just the chipboard. Imagine my surprise when it turned up and the cupboard doors were actually just mocked up ordinary ‘slab’ doors. And the reason I didn’t get the ‘slab in frame’ doors I was sold was because ‘...there was no alternative...’. As you can probably guess that wasn’t what their sales woman told me. Whilst I accept fitted appliances need mocked up doors it’s inexcusable to put fake ‘slab in frame’ doors on ordinary cupboards. I’ve taken this to my local Trades and Standards officer to try and stop anyone else getting ripped off. If you like the premium look of this type of kitchen go to Howdens it’s cheaper and they make no qualms about supply mocked up doors. I’ve uploaded two photos the genuine ‘slab in frame’ I was sold and the fake ones I’ve been told I’ll just have to put up with.
I wish I'd come across this site before buying... The truth of the matter is, Magent ask for all their trustpilot reviews immediately after sale, at which point everybody is happy. But it's only once your kitchen gets fitted that you realise just how terrible the products are, how bad your design is in reality and how little the staff care. Magnet the organisation is set up so you can basically only deal with the store your bought from, with very little discourse to raise it up the chain, and honestly the store does not care when you have an issue afterwards. I spent over £10k with Magnet and frankly I wish I hadn't - the product is no better than the cheaper places, the design has fundamental flaws and omissions which the store won't take the blame for and now we're left with a non-functioning terrible looking kitchen that they want to take more money off us to resolve - I'm pleading with everyone else, don't make the same mistake Avoid
Horrible experience. They do not refund the money. After a year still nothing!?! I can not believe it. Please stop buying from them anything if you want to avoid any disappointment. Rubbish customer service. The least honest company I have ever came across. When I think about them there is only one word that crossing my mind: SCUM!!!
Everything started well however once the kitchen was stripped leaving us with a shell the problems have started. We have had a couple of no show appointments for the fitting and the fitter involved has not answered any of our calls today after promising us yesterday that he would start work today. Nobody is able to give me a definite answer as to what is actually happening and the whole process has become extremely stressful to us. The original start date we were given was 10/06/19 and were told that it would be a two week job. It is now 10/07/19 and we still have no kitchen nor any idea when we will actually have one. Granted there was extra work on the floor and ceiling which is now finished by sub contractors reccomend by Magnet but still no sign of our kitchen. My wife is extremely stressed and upset at the lack of communication and it really seems as if the left hand does not know what the right is doing here. I contacted head office today and they have told me that they will give me some sort of update tomorrow morning. If I am let down once more I am seeking legal advice. Given the record to date I do not think I would trust Magnet again and my only hope is that they will turn this disaster around as my wife and I are coming to the end of our tether with the incompetence with which we have been dealing and the lies that we have been told.
AVOID..!!! using Magnet Kitchens I'm disgusted with Magnet Kitchens and regret buying a kitchen with them. I had damaged draws and bubbled-up unit doors fitted, which had to be replaced. The replacements was sent to the Milton Keynes brunch, 2 weeks before they was booked in to be fitted. On the day they was supposed to be fitted, I was told the replacements was also damaged. Magnet had plenty of time to check these items, but they couldn't be arsed, by the sound of it, more DELAYS. 3rd replacements received damaged as well. It took 4th attempts to receive these items. Now I've been told the fitters are on Holiday for 2 weeks now, more DELAYS. Very poor after sale service...they just take your money and run. No care or urgency to complete this kitchen project. Not worth anywhere near the ££££'s I paid. My Kitchen was started on 8th April 2019 and it's now looking like it won't be 100% complete till June, SHOCKING.!!!!!! Stressful and Angry with Magnet, I've lost a lot of time and money, booking work off, since the start of this project.
Magnet is rated 2.22 based on 18 reviews