Magnet Reviews

of reviewers recommend Magnet
Telephone

Tell us how Magnet made you happy
Just had a very bad experience with Magnet Stourbridge branch. Initially, because l saw a trainee planner, she omitted to tell me that the products were flat pack, so if l wanted them made up l needed to pay another£1700. I was told this after l'd agreed to the purchase and paid a £300 deposit. As l'd have had to pay the fitter l'd arranged to do the work for me another £1500, l had to go with their fitting service for £2083, otherwise l'd have lost money. It took ages for their fitter to get in touch and l found him unpleasant. At this stage l'd been told by Magnet that before anything was ordered l'd go in store to look at an itemized list (l'd not had one up to now) and agree to everything before l paid the balance/kitchen ordered. I'd been given a date for fitting which the fitter didn't know about, but told them l didn't want to confirm until l'd been given a complete cost of electrics etc. To my surprise l had a letter from their factory saying that my kitchen had been ordered and a date when it was going to be delivered. As l hadn't even been in the store to finalize every thing, you can imagine my annoyance. I'd had enough of their unprofessional attitude, so went in store to cancel my order and receive back my £300 deposit. The manager at the Stourbridge branch was rude and nasty. Despite never telling me, he said l couldn't have back my deposit once the order had been placed and l should have read their terms and conditions (which l was never shown) He had no right to order the kitchen without finalization, as agreed. After getting very upset and speaking to customer services l eventually got back half my deposit £150. I was told l couldn't have it all, as they'd had to pay for the rude fitter when he came to see me!! I'd used Magnet in the past and had good experiences, but never again after what's happened. I think the manager at Stourbridge needs training in manners, store procedures and personal skills.
Poor design left me over £500 out of pocket to correct their mistakes
I paid £10k for a ‘slab in frame’ kitchen (ex fitting, appliances and work tops), basically just the chipboard. Imagine my surprise when it turned up and the cupboard doors were actually just mocked up ordinary ‘slab’ doors. And the reason I didn’t get the ‘slab in frame’ doors I was sold was because ‘...there was no alternative...’. As you can probably guess that wasn’t what their sales woman told me. Whilst I accept fitted appliances need mocked up doors it’s inexcusable to put fake ‘slab in frame’ doors on ordinary cupboards. I’ve taken this to my local Trades and Standards officer to try and stop anyone else getting ripped off. If you like the premium look of this type of kitchen go to Howdens it’s cheaper and they make no qualms about supply mocked up doors. I’ve uploaded two photos the genuine ‘slab in frame’ I was sold and the fake ones I’ve been told I’ll just have to put up with.
I wish I'd come across this site before buying... The truth of the matter is, Magent ask for all their trustpilot reviews immediately after sale, at which point everybody is happy. But it's only once your kitchen gets fitted that you realise just how terrible the products are, how bad your design is in reality and how little the staff care. Magnet the organisation is set up so you can basically only deal with the store your bought from, with very little discourse to raise it up the chain, and honestly the store does not care when you have an issue afterwards. I spent over £10k with Magnet and frankly I wish I hadn't - the product is no better than the cheaper places, the design has fundamental flaws and omissions which the store won't take the blame for and now we're left with a non-functioning terrible looking kitchen that they want to take more money off us to resolve - I'm pleading with everyone else, don't make the same mistake Avoid
Everything started well however once the kitchen was stripped leaving us with a shell the problems have started. We have had a couple of no show appointments for the fitting and the fitter involved has not answered any of our calls today after promising us yesterday that he would start work today. Nobody is able to give me a definite answer as to what is actually happening and the whole process has become extremely stressful to us. The original start date we were given was 10/06/19 and were told that it would be a two week job. It is now 10/07/19 and we still have no kitchen nor any idea when we will actually have one. Granted there was extra work on the floor and ceiling which is now finished by sub contractors reccomend by Magnet but still no sign of our kitchen. My wife is extremely stressed and upset at the lack of communication and it really seems as if the left hand does not know what the right is doing here. I contacted head office today and they have told me that they will give me some sort of update tomorrow morning. If I am let down once more I am seeking legal advice. Given the record to date I do not think I would trust Magnet again and my only hope is that they will turn this disaster around as my wife and I are coming to the end of our tether with the incompetence with which we have been dealing and the lies that we have been told.
AVOID..!!! using Magnet Kitchens I'm disgusted with Magnet Kitchens and regret buying a kitchen with them. I had damaged draws and bubbled-up unit doors fitted, which had to be replaced. The replacements was sent to the Milton Keynes brunch, 2 weeks before they was booked in to be fitted. On the day they was supposed to be fitted, I was told the replacements was also damaged. Magnet had plenty of time to check these items, but they couldn't be arsed, by the sound of it, more DELAYS. 3rd replacements received damaged as well. It took 4th attempts to receive these items. Now I've been told the fitters are on Holiday for 2 weeks now, more DELAYS. Very poor after sale service...they just take your money and run. No care or urgency to complete this kitchen project. Not worth anywhere near the ££££'s I paid. My Kitchen was started on 8th April 2019 and it's now looking like it won't be 100% complete till June, SHOCKING.!!!!!! Stressful and Angry with Magnet, I've lost a lot of time and money, booking work off, since the start of this project.
Stay well clear of these kitchens, the quality is absolutely shocking. I had a total of eight units replaced due to hole alignment issues and an additional unit that had surfaces resembling something that had being kicked around the car park. Other issues included; damaged edges, poor quality edges, panels not aligned, parts missing and joints not aligned. Despite bringing numerous quality issues to the attention of the customer care team almost two months ago they have failed to resolve the outstanding issues. Due to delays whilst waiting for replacement units, the lack of action to resolve and acknowledge the poor quality, implicated costs, substantial amount of time spent trying to sort, the whole experience has being extremely stressful. I have added several photos to highlight these issues.
Agree with the review that said they ask you to rate them on trustpilot immediately, and yes it's probably because you can't see the faults. The quality of the cupboard doors is extremely poor to say the least, the MDF covering isn't finished properly. My kitchen is just over a year old and is already starting show age. Looking back I was bullied by the designer into having what she wanted. As far as I'm concerned I wasted £22,000 on a kitchen I could have got from B&Q at half the price and better quality. If it was possible to give 0 stars I would have.
Horrible experience. They do not refund the money. After a year still nothing!?! I can not believe it. Please stop buying from them anything if you want to avoid any disappointment. Rubbish customer service. The least honest company I have ever came across. When I think about them there is only one word that crossing my mind: SCUM!!!
Magnet value their rude staff over customers. We went to magnet to think about getting a kitchen, initially they were great, positive and had a ‘can do’ attitude. They spent time with us at the initial meeting and went through everything. Time came to measure up by the fitter and communication was really poor. When the fitter came they were extremely negative about what we were having done and left us feeling we had paid for a kitchen which wouldn’t work and couldn’t be fitted. It was due to be fitted one month later and the fitter said he would talk to an electrician and plumber. Our advice would be not to use their recommended tradesmen as communication was again really poor, we had to chase quotes weekly as late as two days before the fit (leaving it too late to get anyone we may find). Their tradesmen refused to give a breakdown, drilled through a water pipe twice and the fitter continued with his negative attitude all the way through the fit. On advising magnet about this, the head office wasn’t bothered and the local office - Nick in Truro said he would call to talk about it and never did, saying he wouldn’t look into it further as it came down to the stress it had caused me and my family....which they were not bothered about evidently! We wouldn’t recommend them because the whole process was stressful, time consuming and very negative from everyone we met.
Magnet is rated 2.16 based on 19 reviews