Magnet Reviews

5PM

Popular Questions:

Delivery

How does Magnet deliver?

How can I contact Magnet?
Click Here

Tell us how Magnet made you happy

Telephone
"I paid £10k for a ‘slab in frame’ kitchen (ex fitting, appliances and work tops), basically just the chipboard. Imagine my surprise when it turned up and the cupboard doors were actually just mocked up ordinary ‘slab’ doors. And the reason I didn’t get the ‘slab in frame’ doors I was sold was because ‘...there was no alternative...’. As you can probably guess that wasn’t what their sales woman told me. Whilst I accept fitted appliances need mocked up doors it’s inexcusable to put fake ‘slab in frame’ doors on ordinary cupboards. I’ve taken this to my local Trades and Standards officer to try and stop anyone else getting ripped off. If you like the premium look of this type of kitchen go to Howdens it’s cheaper and they make no qualms about supply mocked up doors. I’ve uploaded two photos the genuine ‘slab in frame’ I was sold and the fake ones I’ve been told I’ll just have to put up with."
Are you Magnet? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Get Access
"Agree with the review that said they ask you to rate them on trustpilot immediately, and yes it's probably because you can't see the faults. The quality of the cupboard doors is extremely poor to say the least, the MDF covering isn't finished properly. My kitchen is just over a year old and is already starting show age. Looking back I was bullied by the designer into having what she wanted. As far as I'm concerned I wasted £22,000 on a kitchen I could have got from B&Q at half the price and better quality. If it was possible to give 0 stars I would have."
"Awful customer experience in two different magnet stores. Staff not interested in helping you if they know that you dont want the kitchen immediately. Makes you not want to buy from here purely on the appalling customer experience. We will be avoiding."
"I wish I'd come across this site before buying... The truth of the matter is, Magent ask for all their trustpilot reviews immediately after sale, at which point everybody is happy. But it's only once your kitchen gets fitted that you realise just how terrible the products are, how bad your design is in reality and how little the staff care. Magnet the organisation is set up so you can basically only deal with the store your bought from, with very little discourse to raise it up the chain, and honestly the store does not care when you have an issue afterwards. I spent over £10k with Magnet and frankly I wish I hadn't - the product is no better than the cheaper places, the design has fundamental flaws and omissions which the store won't take the blame for and now we're left with a non-functioning terrible looking kitchen that they want to take more money off us to resolve - I'm pleading with everyone else, don't make the same mistake Avoid"
"Horrible experience. They do not refund the money. After a year still nothing!?! I can not believe it. Please stop buying from them anything if you want to avoid any disappointment. Rubbish customer service. The least honest company I have ever came across. When I think about them there is only one word that crossing my mind: SCUM!!!"
"Had the Cream Gloss Juna eight years ago, still in excellent condition. Sold my house in May the Estate Agents were blown away with the kichen including integrated alliances and a modern rangemaster cooker. The lady who bought my house also fell in live with the kitchen. Picked my Magnet kitchen for my new house, using my own fitter again. Sooo excited. Chose the dearest worktop in the shop but the lady showed me a cheaper version just as nice. Magnets every time"
"Everything started well however once the kitchen was stripped leaving us with a shell the problems have started. We have had a couple of no show appointments for the fitting and the fitter involved has not answered any of our calls today after promising us yesterday that he would start work today. Nobody is able to give me a definite answer as to what is actually happening and the whole process has become extremely stressful to us. The original start date we were given was 10/06/19 and were told that it would be a two week job. It is now 10/07/19 and we still have no kitchen nor any idea when we will actually have one. Granted there was extra work on the floor and ceiling which is now finished by sub contractors reccomend by Magnet but still no sign of our kitchen. My wife is extremely stressed and upset at the lack of communication and it really seems as if the left hand does not know what the right is doing here. I contacted head office today and they have told me that they will give me some sort of update tomorrow morning. If I am let down once more I am seeking legal advice. Given the record to date I do not think I would trust Magnet again and my only hope is that they will turn this disaster around as my wife and I are coming to the end of our tether with the incompetence with which we have been dealing and the lies that we have been told."
"Do not trust their guarantee. They will push their guarantee as a selling point when you are deciding on buying a kitchen yet once your kitchen is fitted you will get no help or cooperation if anything goes wrong. Never again Magnet"
"AVOID..!!! using Magnet Kitchens I'm disgusted with Magnet Kitchens and regret buying a kitchen with them. I had damaged draws and bubbled-up unit doors fitted, which had to be replaced. The replacements was sent to the Milton Keynes brunch, 2 weeks before they was booked in to be fitted. On the day they was supposed to be fitted, I was told the replacements was also damaged. Magnet had plenty of time to check these items, but they couldn't be arsed, by the sound of it, more DELAYS. 3rd replacements received damaged as well. It took 4th attempts to receive these items. Now I've been told the fitters are on Holiday for 2 weeks now, more DELAYS. Very poor after sale service...they just take your money and run. No care or urgency to complete this kitchen project. Not worth anywhere near the ££££'s I paid. My Kitchen was started on 8th April 2019 and it's now looking like it won't be 100% complete till June, SHOCKING.!!!!!! Stressful and Angry with Magnet, I've lost a lot of time and money, booking work off, since the start of this project."
"Magnet value their rude staff over customers. We went to magnet to think about getting a kitchen, initially they were great, positive and had a ‘can do’ attitude. They spent time with us at the initial meeting and went through everything. Time came to measure up by the fitter and communication was really poor. When the fitter came they were extremely negative about what we were having done and left us feeling we had paid for a kitchen which wouldn’t work and couldn’t be fitted. It was due to be fitted one month later and the fitter said he would talk to an electrician and plumber. Our advice would be not to use their recommended tradesmen as communication was again really poor, we had to chase quotes weekly as late as two days before the fit (leaving it too late to get anyone we may find). Their tradesmen refused to give a breakdown, drilled through a water pipe twice and the fitter continued with his negative attitude all the way through the fit. On advising magnet about this, the head office wasn’t bothered and the local office - Nick in Truro said he would call to talk about it and never did, saying he wouldn’t look into it further as it came down to the stress it had caused me and my family....which they were not bothered about evidently! We wouldn’t recommend them because the whole process was stressful, time consuming and very negative from everyone we met."
"Honest, helpful staff, good quality kitchen, very reasonable prices, every single timescale met. Could not recommend them more highly."
"The build quality and quality of installation was atrocious. It was that bad that I had to demand a full refund and that they remove the kitchen. After twelve months and four attempts at putting my kitchen right, to which they actually made worse at every attempt, they agreed to remove the kitchen and refund 100% of the purchase price. I am now undergoing the fitting of another kitchen by a local builder rather than their fitting crew and it is amazing the difference in both quality and fitting."
"We purchased a great kitchen at a great price. All staff were very helpful and any niggles were sorted out straight away."
"Having a dreadful experience with Magnet who started fitting our kitchen in first week of January and made a hash of it. They haven't done anything for a month meanwhile we have broken units, leaking sink, off-centred and skewed hob. One part fell off the wall, some cupboards wobble, a drawer front broke off, veneer has lifted and the worktops haven't been fitted correctly so the joints have broken. What is more galling is the 'protect our backs' and 'it's not our problem' responses we have received. We are having to push them to get anything done and even then they want to bodge things rather than admit they screwed up and supply replacement parts."
"I am a great convert to Magnet kitchens, which my builder suggested for my kitchen. I had enthusiastic help from the salesman (Kris) and the quality of the kitchen (being installed as we speak) is really good; solid, stylish, fab choice of handles, and with what my builder tells me are the German made mechanical fittings, it looks like a really expensive kitchen (which it wasn't - it was very reasonably priced.) A painless experience. Well done Kris and Magnet kitchens."
"They provided a great plan and flat pack kitchen and appliances at excellent discount price. It looks great!"
Magnet is rated 2.31 based on 16 reviews