Magenta Self Storage Reviews

91% of reviewers recommend Magenta Self Storage

Popular Questions:

How can I contact Magenta Self Storage?

About Magenta Self Storage: Magenta Self Storage offers simple, all-inclusive storage space for personal and business use. We have facilities in Acton, Nottingham, Oxford and St Albans.

08000119823

info@magentastorage.co.uk

Acton W3 7SZ - Banbury OX16 3EL - Nottingham NG2 3HQ - Oxford OX2 0EZ - St Albans AL4 9PU

Tell us how Magenta Self Storage made you happy

How would you rate our facility?
"Very Friendly and helpful staff and very reasonable prices but I feel the units need lighting inside each individual one. The lifts need modernising as the old style service metal doors are stiff to open and close and if someone leaves one of the doors open on another floor you can’t call the lift. Only one loading bay which can get crampt and busy. You also need to be open longer on Saturday’s and Sunday’s. Have you considered 24/7 access??"
(Oxford) - Posted 1 year ago
How would you rate our facility?
"It's always a very clean and trustworthy site, and the staff are always helpful."
(Oxford) - Posted 2 years ago
How would you rate our facility?
"I've only had my lock up for a week and the staff seem to be very helpful. However, the first 2 times I've been the front door has been open due to the key pad being stuck, meaning everyone was just walking in and out without any security check, as a result of this the alarm was going off multiple times. And the first day I went in I went to pick one of my boxes up and there was half a broken glass on the floor. The manager came to sweep up the few bits that were left but there could have been an injury. Overall, it's a nice space and easy to use, but the lack of security really worries me."
(St Albans) - Posted 2 years ago
Thank you for taking the time to leave review. We take security very seriously at Magenta Storage and can only apologies if you feel that your security was recently compromised.

Unfortunately, one of our keypads recently broke which meant customers could not access the facility. In order to provide customers with access we decided to hold the gate open and use a manual sign-in sheet. This was rectified as quickly as possible and the gate is no longer held open.

I would also like to apologise for the broken glass. We clear up spills and breakages as soon as we find them and we check the facility on a daily basis for anything that could cause an accident.

We hope that despite these initial issues you have a positive experience at Magenta Storage.
How would you rate our facility?
"Magenta actually made me sad when they stopped accepting credit cards for payment. I went into the Nottingham location to update my credit card details and was told they no longer accepted credit cards. This didn't ring true. I asked why and was told 'new legislation' - really, I thought only the government could legislate. I then asked when they were going to let me know about this new 'legislation' and was told they were doing it at that precise moment. No of this rang true. Accepting credit cards maybe an inconvenience to you but for numerous reasons is very convenient for me the customer."
Thank you for your review. Having spoken to the relevant store manager I can confirm that we have not stopped accepting credit cards and have not intention of stopping customers paying by credit card.

By law we are not allowed to store your details (especially the CVV number) and process your card automatically without complying with the necessary legislation. Unfortunately, our industry does not currently meet this legislation but we are working to find a solution to this. Until this is in place we are required to contact you each time you want us to charge your card.
How would you rate our facility?
"Could do with opening longer or giving everyone access til ten pm using the keypad to get in"
Thank you for your review. I have emailed you directly about your access issues, which hopefully we can rectify.
How would you rate our facility?
"On the whole, happy, last time I came down there were two bulbs / tubes out, meaning I couldn't see what i was doing and being a wasted trip, I assume this has been sorted now? I would have left a response but there were no pens available."
Thank you for your review. Unfortunately, from time to time bulbs do blow in the facility and we do replace them as soon as possible. We can only apologies for any inconvenience caused as a result.
How would you rate our facility?
"Adequate service.Turns out to be quite expensive for actual location. Payment goes out every 4 weeks instead of a full calendar month."
Thank you very much for your review. When you placed your enquiry you should have been made aware that our storage is charged on a 4 weekly basis, rather than monthly. I can only apologise if this was not the case. It's also a shame to hear that you think our storage prices are expensive. We work hard to make sure we're competitive in the local area and provide customers with value for money. Again, I apologies if you feel that the price doesn't match the service.
How would you rate our facility?
"It is clean and tidy. Helpful staff"
Thank you for positive commends about our facility and staff. Can I ask what might have improved your score from 3 starts to 4 or 5 stars? We're always looking to improve and your comments would be very welcome.
How would you rate our facility?
"Happy with the space provided and the interaction with the team, however for long-term corporate users of storage space there are issues with the invoice/payment processing. Upon our receipt of an invoice, this needs a purchase order to be raised and authorised which can take over a week, the paperwork processed by the finance team and then included in the next scheduled pay run for the company. This can take over 30 days (but less than 60 days). We pay quarterly at the moment, perhaps invoices could be raised earlier for scheduled hire periods so we don't end up being chased every time?"
How would you rate our facility?
"Very usefull for my business"
How would you rate our facility?
"The manager (or someone more senior) arrived to fix the broken lift and was very friendly and sorted out an issue regarding payment."
"I got behind on my payments because I had to go back overseas to home rather quickly. I did become up-to-date once I returned to the UK. I feel I was harassed considerably by the branch and I had tried to explain that in my line of work I am not sitting at a computer all day and don't have access constantly. I have also asked several times about a new unit as mine is an upper one and I feel it is dangerous for me to be on a ladder trying to retrieve my stuff. I have been told that no help would be available to assist me get my stuff from the back of the upper locker. Why do you not have a tool that can be borrowed for people to use in theses instances? The depth of a locker especially as a woman i just cannot access heavy suitcases etc. I admit that once i had paid my overdue account I was treated better."
Thank you for you review of Magenta Storage and I'm sorry if you felt harassed when your bill became due. We recommend that all customers sign up for payment by direct debit, that way we don't have to call you to take a payment each time. Regarding the top lockers, we understand that they're not easy to use and we are investigating some alterations that can be made to make access a bit easier.
"We find the loud music (which seems to come on automatically) very annoying - especially if we have to be there for a while. Not everyone likes that sort of thing!"
Thank you for submitting a review about Magenta Storage. Please don't hesitate to ask our staff to turn down the music if you are finding is distracting. We will ensure that, going forward, the standard volume of the music is reduced.
"Good. As long as the prices to not increase."
Thank you for your review of Magenta Storage. We do everything we can to keep our prices constant and competitive compared to other providers. Unfortunately, from time to time we cannot absorb our increased costs and as a result prices may rise.
"Overall ok but we were not informed about additional charges eg vat as extras."
Hi there,

Thank you for leaving a review about your experience with Magenta Storage. We are terribly sorry that you did not receive notification of VAT being added to your storage charges.

The UK government remove the VAT exemption form storage charges and subsequently we were forced to charge this going forward. At the time it was removed, all of our customers were sent a letter explaining the change to charges.

We are very sorry that you did not receive the letter.

Kind regards,