Magazines Direct Reviews

3% of reviewers recommend Magazines Direct
5PM
5PM

About Magazines Direct: Magazines Direct is your favourite magazines at great prices including Marie Claire, Woman and Home, Ideal Home, Golf, Nuts, NME, Uncut, InStyle, Livingetc, Wallpaper. Visit magazinesdirect.com. IPC Media produces over 60 iconic media brands, with print alone reaching almost two thirds of UK women and 42% of UK men – almost 26 million UK adults.

IPCsubs@quadrantsubs.com

Rockwood House, Perrymount Road

Categories:
Books & Magazines
Entertainment

Tell us how Magazines Direct made you happy

"After being charged 4times for the the same magazine subscription, I decided to ring customer services. never has a department been so miss named. After one phone call got refunded twice , (after 15 working days). ,AND then I was invoiced twice again!!! Phone call number two , promised to refund all 3 overcharges (£150), and confirm back...heard nothing. Phone call number three..confirmed a credit of ONE subscription. They were unable to pass through to their supervisor as they have to email them..promised a return email...NOTHING.. This is THEFT , and the customer service process is totally unprofessional...."
Are you Magazines Direct? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"Deanter magazine subscription. Rude and non-delivery issues. Avoid at all costs."
"Four months and four phone calls after my initial order, with NO magazines sent, I finally got a refund. Don't deal with them!"
"Extremely rude customer service . Felt like I was calling a bank when had to go through tighter security questions just to ask a simple question . Very blunt cold and unhelpful ‘magazine direct does not offer any discount for returning customer . No rewards ‘ so rejoin as the price is better for new customers . Felt so annoyed when I got off the phone due to the mans attitude that spoke to me ! Will go else where !"
"ordered as a xmas present, nothing received in December, present ruined having to puchase something else at the last minute, no one answering the phone to request refund, says i've had 2 issues already and cancellation is Dec 19 - only had 6 month subscription, contacting bank to cancel dd tomorrow seems to be a disorganised and evasive company."
"I paid for a two year subscription as a gift for my sister and discovered it had never been sent. I was told several times the refund has been processed and sent and I must wait 10 days. After repeated phone calls always getting the same story, but in different forms...one was even..the money had been sent by cheque and I must wait 30 days... the cheque never arrived and I am still waiting... this has been going on for 6 months. I then cancelled my personal existing subscription because I no longer want to deal with magazines direct and now the same thing is happening with the money for this subscription. Payment has been processed but never arrives.I have been a customer for years with magazines direct but I have no wish to deal witha company any more who does not treat their customers well ."
"I noticed I had been charged twice (inexplicably) for a gift subscription. Spoke to their customer service who told me they only had record of one payment and I needed to email them proof. I emailed them a screenshot of my statement showing the charge twice. After a few days a response and acknowledgement they would refund (allow up to 15 working days - FIFTEEN WORKING DAYS, for something not my fault). Checking for my refund... I then noticed I have been charged again! Now a total overcharge of almost £80. On Working Day 15 exactly, I received a refund for my initial overcharge. I still await my refund for the second overcharge, now almost 2 months after reporting the initial problem. This company offers a basic product / service and can at very best described as a shambles. It might even be fraudulent. Avoid at all costs."
"Awful - messed up a gift for an 83 year old lady who had broken her arm, added it to my subscription. After many, many, many, many e-mails thought I had sorted it and cancelled friend's subscription only to find her name on my subscription - what a shambles!"
"I have had to cancel my subscription for Cycling Weekly due to either not receiving it or being delivered the following week.I am still owed one copy I have been contacting them every week for three weeks,they say they will send me the issue I am owed but I have not received it yet(I do not believe they are sending it)just trying to fob me off and blame Royal Mail.Disgusting service."
"I ordered my magazine, first issue should have arrived 14th June, a month it still hasn't, I've rung and e mailed but they say they have sent it but will send another. It's been ten days and still no issue has arrived, apparently its Royal Mail's fault but I don't what has happened, however I do know I'm paying for something I haven't received. They have offered a free month at the end of the years subscription but that isn't much use if they can't deliver to me, I've checked the address they have forme and that seems OK. I really not sure what is going on here"
"Ordered the Chat Magazine as a gift for my wife in November .2017...first issue to begin on January 18 2018... never came ..called Magazines Direct and they said it was sent ....waited 2 more weeks still no magazine ..called again and they said we will send you back issues and extend your subscription .....waited two more weeks no magazine..called again and told them no magazines have arrived yet ....called again and they said we sent them ...it is March 21 2018 and not one magazine has arrived ..so I called them and they said they were having problems sending to Canada ....we can extend your subscription and send you back issue .. no sense in doing that ..I had to cancel"
"I bought a subscription for my Mother-in-Law this Christmas.There was some trouble with them taking the money by direct debit, but it was paid on 17.1.18 and I was told the first issue would be sent out at the end of January. Come February still no magazine so I emailed the customer service to chase it up. I was told the first issue would be end of February. Then they debit my account again on 20.2.18! A completely unauthorised payment. I immediately cancelled my direct debit to stop any further unauthorised payments. My money was refunded on 22.2.18 and my Mother-in-Law finally received her magazine. Then I receive a letter telling me that as I had cancelled my direct debit the subscription had been cancelled and the last issue would be end of March!!! So I've paid for a six month subscription with the renewal being 17.7.18, but I am now being told that it had been cancelled. I was also told that both payments had been refunded. I checked my bank (even called them to be sure) and the January payment has not been refunded. This is without doubt the worst gift buying experience ever! So much hassle. What a terrible way to run a business. Ask they had to do when they saw that I had cancelled my direct debit was to contact me and ask me if I wanted the subscription to run until July, which I did!!! I will never use them again. There are other companies out there, I definitely advise using someone else! Also I'm sure their reviews on Feefo are doctored to only show the positive reviews! And I could not see how to add a review myself!"
"Totally useless. Their on-line system does not work and they don't even seem to understand what a Direct Debit is. Horse and Hound should be ashamed that they are using such a shambolic company."
"Believe everything you read here. Do not deal with this lot as its a sham. Ruined a birthday present for my daughter who lives in America. Looking now like a long fight to get my money back (if I ever do with the likes of these people) Cant Believe I have been so stupid to fall for this. Please don't end up like me. I will try my hardest to let as many review forums know of them."
"Took a subscription to Style at Home magazine last Christmas for my mother, received all magazines to date it decided not to renew again this year, received lots of letters offering a renewal which I decided against as there are usually better subscription deals in the actual magazines themselves. Today my mother received a letter telling her MY subscription gift to her was expiring and offering her a renewal price! Talk about desperate for sales! I am so angry, they had no right to do that, they shouldn’t be contacting her, using her details for further sales is wrong, that is harassment and out of order! I won’t be ordering from them again."
"Poor online ordering system for a gift sub to Practical Boat Owner meant that a) initially ended up with 2 subs because site crashed during order; b) I never received a receipt for the a/c no. that remains active; c) attempts to send a gift card failed repeatedly; d) gift recipient never received an email or any kind of welcome; e) log in registration is cumbersome; f) when gift recipient downloading first edition, there is still no recognition of being a paid up subscriber and one is presented with a big red button saying buy or subscribe, that is - until you click on the copy and it opens anyway. Generally v poor build or reliability of digital product"
"Very helpful chap. Excellent service!"
""For the third time now I have been unable to download the digital version of TV Times magazine. On all occasions the call centre has been unable to resolve the issue. Previously I have had to contact the CEO email and escalate that way. I have now had enough and cancelled my subscription""
"On 2 occasions last week I tried to purchase an online subscription for Ideal Home magazine. On each occasion there was a problem in payment being accepted by the system so I subsequently phoned to complete this transaction. Again there was a problem with payment being made, despite trying 2 different bank accounts to try and accomplish this. However, payment was finally accepted. On looking at my bank statement this week I noticed that the payment had been taken twice. I phoned to ensure a refund of one of the payments was made to me and was told that the money had been refunded. I waited a few days but still there was no sign of the payment to my account. I again phoned and found out that the refund was credited to a "magazine account" for future use. The operator I spoke with on this occasion has assured me that the refund will go to my bank account within 72 hours. The question I have from all of this is why is it assumed that I would want the refund credited to my "magazine account" and not the bank account from which it was taken in the first place?"
"I just received a subscription confirmation email for a subscription I never purchased. I would like to know how this happened and they need to remove my details. ASAP."
Magazines Direct is rated 1.12 based on 34 reviews