Magazines Direct Reviews

Rockwood House, Perrymount Road

Categories:
Books & Magazines
Entertainment

How would you rate Magazines Direct?

24 reviews
Review and raise up to £2.00
Gordon Raftus

You've raised
£1.26 for charity!

Read & write reviews about Magazines Direct in our app We'll donate to charity for every review written
Gordon Raftus
Verified Reviewer
"Ordered the Chat Magazine as a gift for my wife in November .2017...first issue to begin on January 18 2018... never came ..called Magazines Direct and they said it was sent ....waited 2 more weeks still no magazine ..called again and they said we will send you back issues and extend your subscription .....waited two more weeks no magazine..called again and told them no magazines have arrived yet ....called again and they said we sent them ...it is March 21 2018 and not one magazine has arrived ..so I called them and they said they were having problems sending to Canada ....we can extend your subscription and send you back issue .. no sense in doing that ..I had to cancel"
"I bought a subscription for my Mother-in-Law this Christmas.There was some trouble with them taking the money by direct debit, but it was paid on 17.1.18 and I was told the first issue would be sent out at the end of January. Come February still no magazine so I emailed the customer service to chase it up. I was told the first issue would be end of February. Then they debit my account again on 20.2.18! A completely unauthorised payment. I immediately cancelled my direct debit to stop any further unauthorised payments. My money was refunded on 22.2.18 and my Mother-in-Law finally received her magazine. Then I receive a letter telling me that as I had cancelled my direct debit the subscription had been cancelled and the last issue would be end of March!!! So I've paid for a six month subscription with the renewal being 17.7.18, but I am now being told that it had been cancelled. I was also told that both payments had been refunded. I checked my bank (even called them to be sure) and the January payment has not been refunded. This is without doubt the worst gift buying experience ever! So much hassle. What a terrible way to run a business. Ask they had to do when they saw that I had cancelled my direct debit was to contact me and ask me if I wanted the subscription to run until July, which I did!!! I will never use them again. There are other companies out there, I definitely advise using someone else! Also I'm sure their reviews on Feefo are doctored to only show the positive reviews! And I could not see how to add a review myself!"
"Totally useless. Their on-line system does not work and they don't even seem to understand what a Direct Debit is. Horse and Hound should be ashamed that they are using such a shambolic company."
Craig Murdoch
Unverified Reviewer
"Believe everything you read here. Do not deal with this lot as its a sham. Ruined a birthday present for my daughter who lives in America. Looking now like a long fight to get my money back (if I ever do with the likes of these people) Cant Believe I have been so stupid to fall for this. Please don't end up like me. I will try my hardest to let as many review forums know of them."
"Took a subscription to Style at Home magazine last Christmas for my mother, received all magazines to date it decided not to renew again this year, received lots of letters offering a renewal which I decided against as there are usually better subscription deals in the actual magazines themselves. Today my mother received a letter telling her MY subscription gift to her was expiring and offering her a renewal price! Talk about desperate for sales! I am so angry, they had no right to do that, they shouldn’t be contacting her, using her details for further sales is wrong, that is harassment and out of order! I won’t be ordering from them again."
"Poor online ordering system for a gift sub to Practical Boat Owner meant that a) initially ended up with 2 subs because site crashed during order; b) I never received a receipt for the a/c no. that remains active; c) attempts to send a gift card failed repeatedly; d) gift recipient never received an email or any kind of welcome; e) log in registration is cumbersome; f) when gift recipient downloading first edition, there is still no recognition of being a paid up subscriber and one is presented with a big red button saying buy or subscribe, that is - until you click on the copy and it opens anyway. Generally v poor build or reliability of digital product"
"Very helpful chap. Excellent service!"
""For the third time now I have been unable to download the digital version of TV Times magazine. On all occasions the call centre has been unable to resolve the issue. Previously I have had to contact the CEO email and escalate that way. I have now had enough and cancelled my subscription""
"On 2 occasions last week I tried to purchase an online subscription for Ideal Home magazine. On each occasion there was a problem in payment being accepted by the system so I subsequently phoned to complete this transaction. Again there was a problem with payment being made, despite trying 2 different bank accounts to try and accomplish this. However, payment was finally accepted. On looking at my bank statement this week I noticed that the payment had been taken twice. I phoned to ensure a refund of one of the payments was made to me and was told that the money had been refunded. I waited a few days but still there was no sign of the payment to my account. I again phoned and found out that the refund was credited to a "magazine account" for future use. The operator I spoke with on this occasion has assured me that the refund will go to my bank account within 72 hours. The question I have from all of this is why is it assumed that I would want the refund credited to my "magazine account" and not the bank account from which it was taken in the first place?"
"I just received a subscription confirmation email for a subscription I never purchased. I would like to know how this happened and they need to remove my details. ASAP."
"I purchased a subscription and paid for it with a money order. Subsequently, I ordered another one at a sale price. I was told I could simply cancel the first one and get a refund. No problem. No PROBLEM? That was 6 months ago and I have STILL not received my money back. They PROMISE refunds - your money back. This is the WORST service I have ever had."
"Disgraceful customer service. Ordered a subscription in mid December 2016 and have still not received the magazine. Attempts to get an explanation by telephone and email have been unsuccessful. They send emails that don't answer my questions. They really don't care. Reading other reviews this is definitely a case for trading standards. Certainly a negative rating but have to give one star to be able to express my frustration. Whether I get my money back remains to be seen"
"Possibly the worst customer service I have ever experienced. I had to repeatedly chase the for a free gift and voucher which came with the subscription I purchased. After 5 months I received the free gift but after 6 months they decided I was not eligible for the voucher. No such thing as a goodwill gesture, and really poor customer service in general. I will not buy from them again. Avoid!!"
"I am still waiting for a refund of about £90 for a discontinued magazine, which I should have received 7 months ago. My emails are acknowleged but they do not answer my specific questions. This is appalling customer service & they do not warrant a one star."
"Without a doubt, the worst company I have ever ordered from! Not one mistake but 5 consecutive mistakes over the same order. Beyond unsatisfied. Will never recommend to anyone."
"I was informed that they were going to charge me for a repeat subscription which I hadn't asked for. I wrote to them on the 10th February saying that I did not want to continue the subscription. I had confirmation on the same day that the subscription wouldn't be renewed. On the 21st February they took the full subscription from my account. Haven't even received any magazines. Won't be using them again."
"Still complete dissatisfied with this company. Had to obtain repayment of unauthorised charges to debit card via my bank's disputed payment service. Still awaiting refund of remainder of subscription due to discontinuation of magazine paid for. I had an email at the beginning of December saying refund would be processed within ten days - almost 2 months later I'm still waiting. Non-existent customer service, quite the worst I've ever come across."
"Sorry to learn just now about so many bad experiences...I ordered and paid for subscription last Dec. and no deliverirs yet..traied to reach them through email but spme of theis addresses turned out to.be unknown...what can we all do?isthere a chance to ask for refund through visa?"
Caroline Cook
Verified Reviewer
"Took Woman and Home subscription out early December 2016 in time to attract a £50 editors choice beauty bag as advertised on their site. On querying its non-arrival this week was told I did not qualify for the gift. I did not make this offer up. Appears to be a deliberate attempt to avoid giving this. On reading the other reviews am really concerned I am dealing with such a disreputable company. Perhaps Trading Standards is the way forward?"
"Awful customer service. I tried to phone to sort out missing subscription payment and gave in after 46 minutes on hold. Emailed three times and each reply bears no relevance to the problem. Not going to bother again, absolutely appalling company"
Magazines Direct is rated 1.17 based on 24 reviews