Lyca Mobile Reviews

sales@lycamobile.com

3rd Floor, Walbrook Building, 195 Marsh Wall

Category:
Business & Office

How would you rate Lyca Mobile?

We need a working email address to verify that your review is genuine.

"Very very bad service, no internet! I can not get through to customer services! Every time i ring im just going round in circles...so annoying! Keeps telling me i have no balance..not helful at all..would not recommend at all!!"
"Lyca is making money by fraud activities. You can observe that on web site of lyca mobile data plan section and it offers data also auto check for monthly renew of lyca data without user notice. Usually any web should not do that but these guys making money this way from users. If you need i will show my credit card statements. DO NOT go with Lyca service at all."
"Very arrogant and bad customer care, nothing clearly mentioned in website. it is not clear, I could not change bundle, i had taken 10GB data internet plan (by purchasing 20£ topup, choosing UK plan mega ) but internet was nt working properly, I had to call customer care multiple times but it didnt get through as i was getting i dont have sufficient Top Balance balance. To my agony I had taken UK plan Mega 20£ plan, I could nt call customer care as i didnt have top balance as I had taken bundle. Crazy!! ended up not using 9GB of my internet. !! Customer care was always arrogant, almost mocking me. Why the hell someone call customer care? because we dont have information how exactly it works...they keep saying login to lycamobile.co.uk, had purchased 20£ top up twice, i didnt know i should take a Bundle. It exhausted in a day because i had used internet!! Yes you may call me stupid, otherway of looking at is, how did they activate my connection without getting my plan details? And no bonus of 2£ as they claim in advertisement. All bogus. Again done topup, but unable to change my Bundle plan im told i need to wait it complete 30 days, atleast it shoould be enabled on the day expiry, why should i login again after expiry? Very unhappy customer, specifically with Customer care."
"The worst mobile network in the world. Customer service is a waste of time and rude. Will never choose lycamobile again and will not advice anyone to get it."
"The Internet is very slow and the Customer Service is unhelpful and waste of time."
"Non-existence customer service. Only recorded voice which pass you around the other options!!! The internet is not connected, I have 15G data on my bundle. I called On their website says "Please call Customer Services to instantly activate your Mobile Web service – call FREE on 612" this number doesn't exist!! I tried to call customer service on 0207 132 0322 from non-Lyca mobile, the recorded voice telling "we are aware of fault"!!!, I chose to talk to somebody directly but the recorded voice from Lyca says" You don't have enough credit, you must top up....!!!!!!!!"
"The worst customer service ever. i have been with lycamobile for 5 years and now want to change of operator. Called them to get my PAC number to be able to keep my number . had one lady on the phone after a wait of 10 minutes, fairly nice who started the process, after 3 days i received a mesage saying that my request has been dealt with but still no pac code. Called them back and after 15 minutes wait got told that i can have it as i haven't top up my phone since 6 months . ask to talk to a manager and got put on hold for another 5 minute for telling me that i cant have my pac code. starting to get really upset trying to explain to this guy that i received the mesage saying that all have been dealt with. the ony things he done is cutting me off everytime i was talking and HUNG UP ON ME . Never seen something that bad !!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
"Registration seems easy, but logging in to their system did not work at all (after trying every way to log in with the username and password combo they sent in SMS - capital letters in the password, 0 in the front, country code in the front, without any prefix in the front, etc..), so we called their customer service. When we called their customer service, an automatic voice broadcasting system offered us a lot of options, but we could select English language only when we picked at least 2 options before. Whatever, this was the least annoying thing. Person one at the customer service was a woman who hardly spoke English, however, she talked to us like we were idiots and she could not / did not want to understand that we did the logging in just like she said but it did not work. She said goodbye, did not even letting us to finish our sentence and she hung up the phone. Person two who picked up the phone asked what was our problem, and then he explained how to log in and dropped the call too, but without even saying goodbye. He was very arrogant too. I wanted to give a bad rating on Facebook too but for some reason, they disabled reviews on their page.. what a coincidence..."
"extremely bad customer service on the helpline number since past 40 mins with no information on how long it will before it gets patched to the representative. Bought 15 GBP UK plan that says unlimited UK call s while making a call it says insufficient balance. Extremely bad and poor experience"
"Purchased Lycamobile sim in Frankfurt, Germany. 5 Euro for SIM and 1 GB of 'Super High Speed Internet' data for 10 Euros. Very cheap. Tried it, data did not work. Went back to store and they set APN. Tried again, it did not work. I was told to go outside of store. I was able to get E with unstable 3G. 95% the data was so slow it was not useful for Facebook or email, Hotspot use was impossible. It was a waste of money. Definitely preferred Lebara with 2 Euro SIM but could not activate in Germany. I should have paid for easyRoam and my own data plan."
"I wish I could give less than 1 Star...Not only is customer support non-existent but so is coverage...You need to pick a spot to stand & use phone or dropped calls. Try calling support! 30 min hold then they drop your call Best of all try leaving....They will not give you your account number...Don't believe me? Take a look if your a subscriber...You cannot find your account number it is never listed just your cell number. Then when you want to leave & take your number to port to another provider they say...(after 30 minute hold on phone) Oh ot will be a 2 hour wait to get YOUR OWN ACCOUNT NUMBER!!! These slime balls have to be breaking some laws!"
Kashish Jindal
Unverified Reviewer
"They are fake company. Its customer care is very rude and helpless. They don't know anything they just know how to delay things. Then they say you have to mail them which they will reply in two weeks and will say your request is processing. There internet also doesn't work in Europe."
"Lycamobile is a scam, shitt company, I bought a sim card from a lycamobile booth in my uni as the promoter said I am the new customer so I can get a £15 bundle with £12 and I can get a free NUS card. Since I just arrived UK and I really do not know what is going on so I believed them and bought it. Once I get back home and I checked online, the price is £7.5 for the £15 bundle for new customer. While, still I accepted it and hoping to get my NUS card, turns out there is no way to get the free NUS card if you do not order the sim card online.. I called the customer serivce, they said they have never heard of this promotion. I told the dude just open your own company website on Chrome and you will able to see the big picture of the NUS card promotion. That dude goes "wow okay I saw it, maybe you should try to get a new sim card, buy a bundle or something I think the system will prompt you how to apply your free NUS card." I think their customer service officer assumes all of their customers are stupid.. I admit I was stupid enough to buy their sim card."
"Why this company has more than one star is beyond me. I would give it zero if I could. The bundle activation codes don't work, customer service is NOT FREE and completely useless. If you feel like burning money for no reason, go with Lycamobile. Otherwise just stay away and go with literally any other company."
"Failed to top up twice in a roll but money was deducted from my bank account. Then called customer service twice, they couldn't help with anything. Basicly it seems to me a scam, and a business like this dishonest can survive, it's unbelievable"
"in my opinion you are the weakest phone company in the world and I do not change it"
"Given a free sim card with a flyer for a student deal. failed to top up twice. their website says the customer service line is open until 8pm on weekdays but when you call after 6 it says they close at 6. not impressed."
"Lycamobile charge me $30 each day everyday from 1st Oct to 4th Oct, I called them up thinking was incorrect filing they treat me like this telling me my account was on ay as go no monthly plan hence they charge 30 per day....@$#%$^$% I was always on 28 per month pan never have any changes. I escalated the issue to australia Telecommunication ombudsman already."
"I dont know how to select a half a star or no star. They are being a cheaters, i had 25 pounds in balance when i go to bed yesterday. Today morning the balance is 80 pence. The bundle suppose to auto renewal has failed, i dont know for what reasons. Even if the auto renewal has failed i dont know how so much internet was consumed and the balance is made 80 pence is out of question."
John Anderson
Unverified Reviewer
"29 minutes on hold trying to call their customer service only to get through to a customer service operator who was quite useless to be honest."
Lyca Mobile is rated 1.15 based on 87 reviews