Lyca Mobile Reviews

sales@lycamobile.com

3rd Floor, Walbrook Building, 195 Marsh Wall

Category:
Business & Office

How would you rate Lyca Mobile ?

"ITS TOO MUCH RUBBISH LYCAMOBILE SERVICE, ILLITERATE PEOPLE THERE."
"Appalling customer service thats if you can get someone to answer"
"Lycamobile is a fraud! I have purchased their SIM card for Florida US at the Airport when arriving. The SIM card worked just fine in Miami, but as soon as we left Miami, approx. 30 km out of the city, it started working really slow and eventually I was not able to open any page, google nor find a map I needed for my trip. The card cost me USD 69.95 and for this much money the SIM card should be working flawless, but it didn’t not even close! I eventually had to buy a new card from another provider which worked great. I am asking for a full refund and waiting for their answer. Almost all the data is still on the card. Furthermore, their customer service keeps telling me I shall ask the re-seller for a refund, but I will certainly not do that, since I am not anymore in the US AND LYCAMOBILE ARE THE ONES GUARANTEEING FOR A GOOD PERFORMANCE OF THE SIM CARD AND NOT THE RE-SELLER!"
"No coverage at all so bad."
"Bought a wrong bundle , rang right away to inform them for refund , they said it would be done , turn the data off , did all they ask, they did not provide refund, rang next day they said i have used the bundle which I didn't and refused to refund the money. Worst customer service, guys in India are not asked, it's like they are forced to be there. Please do not ever use lyca"
"Took out a £10/month UK bundle in March 2018, all was ok until it was time to refresh the bundle, 10 pounds topped up, still got a message that I had insufficient credit. Was told I needed credit to talk to an agent, was desperate as I work long hours and need to stay in contact with my child, who suffers from a bad respiratory condition. Topped up another 10 pounds after 2 days, and to date...my phone has insufficient credit. This company needs legal action against it. They are a fraud."
"If you are looking for a UK sim while travelling, I do not recommend that you use Lycamobile. Try Giff Gaff or one of the others. I purchased one Bank holiday weekend, registered it and purchased a £10 bundle. Unfortunately I entered a 7 in the number instead of a 1 so of course I could not use the sim. Being a long weekend I could not contact Lycamobile until Tuesday. When I did speak to an advisor I was advised to send an email which I did and received an automated response saying that a Representative would contact me. The Advisor told me that it would take 24-48 hours. When my phone was still not active after 48 hours and I had received no contact, I contacted Lycamobile via their 322 number and was advised that a senior advisor would contact me. I have received an email telling me that Lycamobile are not liable for my error but as a goodwill gesture they will transfer the credit in 3-4 working days. As I am returning to Australia in just over a week this is not a great deal of help. My husband has had excellent service and no hassles using a Giff Gaff sim and top up. Based on the service and response I received from Lycamobile I would not recommend them at all."
"Travellers from INDIA , LYCA MOBILE DOES NOT WORK IN MOST PARTS OF EUROPE AND PLEASE DONOT BUY IT , ITS PATHETIC , THEY WIL TALLK VERY NICELY WHEN THEY WANT TO SELL SIM CARD BUT POST THAT THEIR CUSTOMER CARE IS PATHETIC , MY PARENTS WERE STUCK WITHOUT DATA FOR 7 DAYS AND THEY SAID WE CANT DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT SO DONOT BUY LYCA MOBILE FOR SWITZERLAND OR EUROPE IN GENERAL ABSOLUTELY CHEATERS LYCA MOBILE SHOULD YOU BUY LYCA MOBILE FOR EUROPE - ANSWER IS ABSOLUTELY NOT"
"The worst mobile network in the world. I ported my no. to lyca UK and I had no possibility to receive any calls , the customer service very impolite an nasty, Indians that they speak a very bad English My bad and my mistake to port my old no to the Lyca UK"
"Worthless service and support. In two months, I've had a zillion problems and each of them take such a long time to resolve and they don't even update you on the case status. Worthless support."
"Worst Company Ever dealt with!!!!!!! I bought a sim card online paying by my debit card. They haven't mentioned anywhere that they charge every month from my account. I'm leaving Uk and I no longer need this sim card and I want to cancel auto renewal. I contacted them through facebook and they say if I want to cancel auto renewal I need to make a request before 30 days and an additional one month payment is required. That means I have to pay for two more months even if I don't use it. I'm going to ask my bank if they can stop payments for Lycamobile."
"Terrible customer service, number i was given to activate bundle didn't work, and they don't give you correct information. When I called them, they do not help. STAY AWAY!!!!"
"It is basically a scam, their website is abysmal, you can't renew your plan from it or change your payment options. This is done to make you call their support center which is paid and you are put on hold for half an hour or more. They coverage is simply awful as well, on the street in the centre of London you get no reception, really??? I wanted to move to a different provider for the above reasons so I needed to get a PAC number and to cancel the auto-renewal of my bundle. I supposedly had cancelled it from their website and via a text but wanted to make sure as I was calling regardless. I asked the support agent to cancel the auto-renewal at least 5 times and she assured me it was cancelled as I was getting a PAC code. Apparently it wasn't cancelled even though their website and agent assured me it was. I called again and another support agent blamed me for not cancelling it but if I wanted a refund I could contact higher support at an email on their website. That mailbox is definitely not monitored regularly as I received a reply 4 days later from a different email account which seems to be more active. After 8 days of waiting as a whole, the final reply I received was just the date my number was transferred to the different provider which has nothing to do with my query and just shows how non-existent their support is. Stay away - abysmal website, bad service, wrong contact information on their website, abysmal support, and scammy practices. Literally the worst, not worth the low prices."
"Very bad service"
"Avoid! Impossible to top up,with a visa card from abroad. I did not use my mobile for 3 months but had crédit on it. They deleted my number!!! If You do not use your number but still receive text message ms but do not make any without warning they delete your number for ever. 447424510523 no more existing. Awful. The worse ever. Imagine if you are traveling or in a coma!"
"OMG Why did i move to lycamobile. Was only with them three days and went back to my old phone company. Please Please do not go with this company they are the worst, rude arrogant no help what so ever. If you do decide to go with them. You will be sorry"
"Shocking! Had no service on my sim for 3 week, decides work every now and again. Rang Lyca customer service, no help whatsoever, told me it will be sorted in 48 hours, she only took the number that isn’t working, so how am I suppose to know the outcome? Fs"
"Very very bad service, no internet! I can not get through to customer services! Every time i ring im just going round in circles...so annoying! Keeps telling me i have no balance..not helful at all..would not recommend at all!!"
"Lyca is making money by fraud activities. You can observe that on web site of lyca mobile data plan section and it offers data also auto check for monthly renew of lyca data without user notice. Usually any web should not do that but these guys making money this way from users. If you need i will show my credit card statements. DO NOT go with Lyca service at all."
"Very arrogant and bad customer care, nothing clearly mentioned in website. it is not clear, I could not change bundle, i had taken 10GB data internet plan (by purchasing 20£ topup, choosing UK plan mega ) but internet was nt working properly, I had to call customer care multiple times but it didnt get through as i was getting i dont have sufficient Top Balance balance. To my agony I had taken UK plan Mega 20£ plan, I could nt call customer care as i didnt have top balance as I had taken bundle. Crazy!! ended up not using 9GB of my internet. !! Customer care was always arrogant, almost mocking me. Why the hell someone call customer care? because we dont have information how exactly it works...they keep saying login to lycamobile.co.uk, had purchased 20£ top up twice, i didnt know i should take a Bundle. It exhausted in a day because i had used internet!! Yes you may call me stupid, otherway of looking at is, how did they activate my connection without getting my plan details? And no bonus of 2£ as they claim in advertisement. All bogus. Again done topup, but unable to change my Bundle plan im told i need to wait it complete 30 days, atleast it shoould be enabled on the day expiry, why should i login again after expiry? Very unhappy customer, specifically with Customer care."
Lyca Mobile is rated 1.13 based on 104 reviews