Lovefone Reviews

customer service
Read Lovefone Reviews

hello@lovefone.co.uk

37 Tottenham St

Tell us how Lovefone made you happy
(only JPEG and PNG files) (Optional)
Visited to get screen replaced, which was nice and speedy. Paid for Premium screen but found that the colours were more washed out than the original screen. Went back to get it done again and had the same problem, which was pretty disappointing. Another customer came in with the same issue while I was there. Obviously something wrong in the supply chain somewhere, disappointing that customers aren’t taken care of and not warned about the serious issue. No refund or money off was given other than £5 returning customer discount. Credit to the technicians though, service was really fast.
iPhone screen replacement - Poor quality replacement screen with poor quality color resolution. When I queried this at the time of repair I was told “this is not the Apple store” .Lovefone advertises high quality replacement items and is only £40 cheaper than an genuine Apple repair so I would expect better. To top it off the replacement screen has since cracked again from being in my handbag.
I went to get the screen of my iPhone6s plus changed and I was not very pleased with the result. It doesn't work properly now, it sometimes clicks things I haven't clicked and the 3d touch function doesn't work anymore.
Had a problem with my battery. They replaced it quickly. Paid £30. Unfortunately it turned out that there was another issue with the phone, so brought it back. They said they would put an Apple battery back in as I was going to take it back to the Apple store. Unfortunately what they put in was not an Apple product. Took the phone to Ismash who tested and showed me the non standard battery. No charge from them.
I've used Lovefone before and had a good replacement screen fitted. Sadly this time the screen was very poor, with washed out colours and very low contrast. The colour representation was bad enough to make it difficult for my eyes to adjust to. I took the phone back and Lovefone weren't interested in helping - they said that as it was a third-party screen, the colours aren't guaranteed to be of any particular quality, and that the phone is technically functioning, which is all they will guarantee. This is a shame because the first time they replaced my screen (on a different phone), it was very good. Disappointed.
I paid extra for a personal courier service- yet the courier that came to collect my phone Akos Kis- was rude, dismissive and highly unprofessional towards all staff, loading bay and myself. He went to the back of the building, even though I was meeting him at the front. Then refused to come into the building to collect the phone. Even after reception calmly agreed for him to come up and collect the phone, his behaviour was atrocious. He was threatening towards staff and has since been banned from our building. He has further taken a pass from loading bay and not returned it. I will not be using this service again. The courier who dropped off my phone was perfect, yet too much trouble has been caused and reputation ruined from that courier.
Dear Amy,

We're very sorry to hear about your experience with the courier.

We care very much about the service we provide and we are discussing with the courier company about this situation so that this kind of situation won't happen again.

We apologise for the inconvenience caused.
Amazing service however I replaced my screen less than a month ago and noticed 3 white dots when I opened an app that has a black background which I’m not happy about and googled it to see what the cause of it is and people mentioned it only happens when a second hand screen has been replaced. As it was a 6s screen that was replaced I feel annoyed and disappointed that I spent £90 to have this result, I should have just went to Apple.
Dear Aisha,

We're sorry to hear that the screen we've fitted has those three stuck pixels. This is something covered by our lifetime warranty so please come back to us asap and we'll replace the screen immediately.
I paid for pristine phone which is advertised without scratches but screen is scratched.
Hi Jeremy,

We're really sorry to hear this. Your feedback is much appreciated and we do hope you give us the chance to sort it out.

All our Certified Refurbished handsets in Pristine and Very Good condition are fitted with new screens.

We'll be in touch shortly to arrange a convenient solution.

Best regards,
The team @ Lovefone
Service was great, fast, friendly and all that. It is only when you compare the screen quality with a real iPhone screen you start to appreciate the far superior quality of an autehntic part. It has a slightly yellow hue to the presentation (not cool white) and it is also impossibly to see in sunlight especially when wearing polarised sunglasses. Labour and servic, awesome! Screen quality ... terrible
Fast and cheap but no improvement of my battery life, which was the purpose.
Hi Remi, sorry to hear about the issue with your battery. Please come into our Greenwich or West end location and we'll replace it for you free of charge. Our batteries are the best on the market but we do occasionally get defective ones.
Screen sticky after repair
Going back to teh shop tommorrow. Screen has already come loose and a screw has fallen out.
We have sent a few phones over here, most of the time the phones are OK, but have received a few phones back with backs not fitting properly leaving large gap in the side with the explanation "It's what happens sometimes unfortunately".
Screen is not 100% responsive. Returning to the store this week to ask for another repair/refund. Not satisifed.
Had the screen on my iPhone 6 replaced. Got half way across London before I realised that it wasn't working and that the screen wasn't picking up my fingers in certain places. Had to take it all the way back. To be fair to them they fixed it there and them. But they should have tested it properly in the first place.
To be honest I am not happy with the outcome of the service that was provided at Lovefone. I had my screen replaced and noticed as soon as I got back to work that the screen was not completely sealed. I emailed Roxanne (who was great to deal with and very efficient getting back to me through my entire experience) and she said I should definitely pop back in, when I got there I was told by the employee that had replaced the screen that there was nothing they could do as the frame was bent. I’m not sure how the frame could have been bent before I gave it to them as it had been in a protector case since the day I got it but with this aside he didn’t seem sure he hadn’t noticed this while replacing the screen, if he had he should had mentioned it when he gave it back to me. My suggestion/solution would be to make all customers aware that this could potentially happen, maybe with a quick consultation with the repair guy or just a brief outline of potential risks then at least the customer is aware of the possible outcome. Although the service was quick I would much rather have taken it somewhere that had done a good job than Lovefone who did a quick job. It was not worth £99.
Dear Claire,

We’re sorry to hear you are not happy with the outcome of our service.

The iPhone 6 frame is famous for bending while being held by people in their pockets or even when their in a case - just google “bent iPhone 6” and you’ll get 28 million results. That’s a result of the large screen and very thin body.

We’ve never bent the frame of an iPhone during the repair and that would be pretty difficult to do when replacing the screen. What we usually do is we try to get the aluminium back case back in it’s original shape as most of the time is suffers some damage when the screen gets damaged - we have some special tools to do that.

You are right that we should have mentioned that the body is slightly bent before we replaced the screen and we’ll do something about our procedures to make it clearer. The only reason why we haven’t mentioned the bent frame is that it’s such a common issue we got to ignore it.
After being told my repair would take around half an hour I returned to the shop after 45 minutes to be told the only replacement was faulty but more stock was en route and would take around another hour. After waiting around all day I eventually got my repair after 3 and a half hours. If they don't have the stock then why book people in for appointments. Grrr! Fuming after wasting a full afternoon and no offer of compensatory discounts
Hi Adam, sincere apologies for the stock issue. It's very unusual for us to run out of stock however the last week has been exceptionally busy with people returning from their holidays.
On further inspection of the replacement screen, I realised that the phone is actually damaged and bent at the top. The holes on the screen do not properly align with the iphones features underneath. I think I would rather have paid apple to fix this.
My replacement screen isn't quite right - the colours are slightly blue and its pretty annoying not be told this might have been the case before installation.
Dear Andrew, we apologise for the inconvenience. We'll email you now to arrange a replacement of your screen.
Some difficulty finding LoveFone last Friday as their street address is not the same as that on the discount coupon they sent me. They are now in Tottenham Street. Asked for a battery replacement for my iPhone 4, they said it would take 10 to 15 minutes. Great, instant service. Went for a sandwich, returned, phone was ready, paid and left. Having charged the battery to 100%, I left it on standby with no apps open. The result was that it was down to 15% in 48 hours, 2 days, which is EXACTLY the same as when I took it in! Like the old battery (I assume the battery had been changed) the new battery takes quite a short time to charge back up to 100% compared to when the phone was relatively new, which indicates a lack of battery capacity rather than a high drain from the phone. So, no, I will not be using LoveFone again.
Dear Chris,

Thank you for your feedback. I apologise for the incorrect address in the email, we have now amended it.

Unfortunately some of the batteries are faulty and we can't test them fully before fitting them. When we replace a battery there are a few quick tests which we do to check it but some issues are not visible immediately. We offer a one year performance warranty for the repairs we do and we will replace the battery for you free of charge - I'll email you now to arrange a convenient time.
Lovefone is rated 4.89 based on 4,460 reviews