L&C - London & Country Mortgages Reviews

92% of reviewers recommend L&C - London & Country Mortgages

Beazer HouseLower Bristol Road

Pauline
Verified Buyer

I have used London & Country Mortgages for several years now and wouldn't want to change to anyone else. They have full access to all the mortgage products on the market and being an experienced portfolio landlord it's important to get the right advice on this. My advisor Doug Miller is great he knows exactly what he's doing, everything works seamlessly from start to finish. I couldn't be happier with the service I receive from Doug at L&C totally recommend him to anyone looking for a mortgage, excellent customer service, fast and efficient service and no fee!
Amy
Verified Buyer

From the beginning my advisor, Sean Bohill, was helpful. Excellent customer service. I applied originally to buy a house but sale fell through and Sean helped me with my second application which was quick and went very smoothly. I would really recommend L&C and their advisers
Paul
Verified Buyer

Mortgage advisor and case handler were excellent and the mortgage handling website is user friendly
Alison
Verified Buyer

Took away stress of having to search for best mortgage from me. Staff are friendly, experienced & Knowledgeable in their field. Kept me advised of what was going on and found the best mortgage for me.
Verified Buyer

Very quick, helpful and friendly service
Verified Buyer

Staff were very efficient and gave good advice and made the whole process stress free
Jeffrey
Verified Buyer

First class service and professional approach ensured my success with mortgage appplication. All with no cost to me. Would not hesitate to recommend L & C
Akemeh
Verified Buyer

Thomas Whitting dealt with my case. He's absolutely brilliant. This was the second time and I will definitely be coming back to him. He's an asset.
Alex
Verified Buyer

All our needs & requests were catered for.
Kieran
Verified Buyer

L & C Mortgages, and in particular our adviser Connor, were brilliant from start to finish. What could have been a very stressful process was made much easier by the wonderful customer service we received. Communication was excellent throughout the whole process and everything was handled very efficiently. We couldn't have asked for more. This was the second time we have used L & C and we wouldn't hesitate to use them again in the future, and to reccommend them to anybody.
Unverified Reviewer

Dreadful service and having told the broker the deadline for a £1000 cash back deal (which would have covered the cost of Home buyer's report), he simply ignored me - and then spent the final office hour on FRiday calling constantly and even though I was driving, asking for card numbers etc. Poor listener, poorly organised, arrogant and has lost me the £1000 cash back deal as he missed the deadline. Totally unimpressed - avoid like the plague! You can go direct yourself and have less hassle.
We're sorry to hear about this. Please could you email socialmedia@landc.co.uk with your full name, postcode and case number so that we can locate you on our system and investigate? Thank you
Karen
Unverified Reviewer

I have just put in my application to L&C with all my documents yesterday. I came here to check reviews and what I found was all the verified users have positive reviews and all the unverified reviews have negative reviews.
I am quite puzzled as to why?

I am quite happy with the L&C lady who corresponds with me so far and hoping it stays that way.

What have been the passed timescales for mortgage applications to come to an offer?
Thanks
k.
Unverified Reviewer

I had to repeat everything despite saying i did not have much time. This was not a communication issue - the advisor had heard me but I got the impression he had entered some details into the wrong box. This happened twice, with no explanation or apology for my rapidly deteriorating time. After i went to ask my partner something (without using the mute button, so he would hear that i was only feet away and only going to be a few seconds) I told the advisor the answer. He said nothing, so i thought he was doing something on the computer. Minutes later, I said "hello?" to see if he was still there, and he had not even taken a note of my answer. Poorest call centre experience ever - on par with unsolicited sales calls from foreign countries, with slightly better line quality for the audio...
Thanks for taking the time to review us. Unfortunately we can't seem to match your email to our database. If you'd like us to investigate your experience, please do email us at socialmedia@landc.co.uk with your case number, postcode and full name. Thanks L&C
Alex
Unverified Reviewer

An awful company to work with. My advice is do not use them under any circumstances.

They recommended a mortgage not based upon best value but on what was in their interest, we ended up with five different contacts which made communication nearly impossible. I found one lady who tried to get things sorted but was no better than the rest when it came to following through on promises.
We're sorry to hear this. In order to speak with your team and improve for the future, we just need your full name, postcode and case number. Please can you email us at socialmedia@landc.co.uk and we'll look into your experience. Thanks L&C
David
Unverified Reviewer

We had an application going through sourced by L&C. The chosen lender then reduced the amount they were willing to lend. At this point L&C dropped the case like a hot stone. As soon as this happened no one at L&C was interested and we eventually drifted off to another broker who successfully secured the mortgage.

Getting any information from L&C about the reasons for the change was extremely difficult as was getting hold of a copy of the valuation that we had paid for. All their friendliness will evaporate if it appears they can't get an application through.
We're sorry to read this, David. Please could you email us with your full name, postcode and case number so that we can locate you on our system and investigate? Thank you
Unverified Reviewer

Communication - Simply terrible, they don't return phone calls, emails are sometimes ignored too. Only given one option of a lender, all done behind the scenes where you don't get a choice.
Thanks for reviewing us. Unfortunately we don't seem to have your email address on our records. Please could you email us with your case number, postcode and full name for us to investigate your experience? Thanks
LS
Unverified Reviewer

After arranging our first mortgage flawlessly, we thought we'd use L&C again for the remortgage. Sadly, it's been far from flawless.

Shortly after the offer was issued, we got a letter from the solicitors stating there would be a shortfall of nearly £2k, which we would need to pay before completion. I'm sure I don't need to tell you, it's not exactly a pleasant experience receiving such correspondence.

Basically we hadn't been informed that the last payment to our existing mortgage provider would take 10 days to clear, meaning we hadn't borrowed enough on the remortgage to cover the existing one. The "advisor" seemed perfectly willing to accept how we worked out how much we'd need, and definitely didn't mention any such risks. Or offer any advice come to think of it.

So I emailed our "advisor" and "case manager" and told them of this error. I get no response. So I chase up, and the "case manager" says she has handed the issue over to the "advisor" who would sort it out. And of course we never heard from either of them ever again. Such amazing "case management". Honestly I'm not sure what these people actually do. Absolutely no idea.

Anyway, after a few emails and phone calls directly to the solicitors, I eventually managed to resolve the issue by pushing back the completion date. Would have been nice for L&C to have stepped in and actually helped, but obviously they couldn't give a crap after offers are issued.

I'm not going to bother using them again. I could forgive the initial error, but ignoring emails and basically being unresponsive when we needed help is unforgivable in my opinion. Will feel more comfortable doing the work myself in future.

We're so sorry to read this - and we'd like to look into your experience with your team. As you chose to review us anonymously, we've no record of your name, case number or postcode. Please could you email us at socialmedia@landc.co.uk and we can start our investigation. Thank you
Unverified Reviewer

Shocking customer service! I was trying to get my first mortgage for a property. I was recommended by a friend. The guy called Daniel started out helpful, making promises that he would help me get the right mortgage then suddenly poof and he disappeared. Wouldn't respond to my email or telephone call. Very rude!!

I think L&C show you their high percentage of successful mortgages because they discard the ones who are less likely to be successful like a piece of Sh**.

I ended up going with someone else, was excellent, all my future properties will be with this broker. Thank you L&C for making me see the dark before the light!!
Thanks for taking the time to review us. We'd like to investigate your experience - please could you email us at socialmedia@landc.co.uk with your full name, postcode and case number - and we will look into this for you. Thanks
Jeremy
Verified Buyer

I was pleased that they were able to find a mortgage solution to suit our needs.
Erin
Unverified Reviewer

Don't waste your time with L&C! I have never written a review of a company ever in my life however we were dealt with so poorly that I feel I need to warn other potential buyers. We are first time buyers and had heard positive things about L&C. We had initially approached them prior to getting an offer accepted and had been impressed by the service; we had given them our details and were informed to get back in touch once we had an offer accepted. When we got back in touch (on a Saturday)- we were first told that our advisor/nor any of his team were available and we could start again with a new advisor or try on monday. We opted to start again with a new advisor as we were keen to get on with the application. We were told they would phone us back- They never did. Later that day I phoned back myself and was then told actually mortgage applications could not be done on the weekend anyway and to phone back on Monday. On phoning on Monday we realised that the intial advisor was actually on annual leave and were forwarded anyway to a new advisor. He then asked us for huge amounts of information which we provided. We already had an idea of the mortgage we wanted to take with HSBC and we told him this. We were then told that he needed to go away to get potential mortgage offers 'approved' before he presented them to us and he would contact us the next day. When we heard nothing by lunchtime the following day we contacted him- we were told he was still waiting for approval. This process then took another 24 hours before he presented to us his recommended mortgage offer. This was with a building society we had never heard of and we were not happy to go ahead with. On asking him why he had not presented a few possible options to us we were told this is not the policy and they only offer one quote and if you don't like it that pretty much the end of it. So after 5 days of wasting our time we left in no better position that when we started. After complaining, he did tell us he could do another search for us to try and get the HSBC offer we had previously asked about- however this would take another 24 hours and the process would have to be approved again. The entire experience from start to finish was extremely unprofessional. They do not phone back when they tell you they will. They do not inform you at the start of the process that they will only present to you ONE mortgage recommendation, which had we of known we would not have bothered. Please BE aware and don't waste your time.
Thank you for taking the time to write your review, Erin. We're so sorry to hear that it was a negative one. If you would like us to investigate your experience, please do email your full name and case number to socialmedia@landc.co.uk. Thank you
L&C - London & Country Mortgages is rated 4.65 based on 1,227 reviews