L&C - London & Country Mortgages Reviews

93% of reviewers recommend L&C - London & Country Mortgages

Beazer HouseLower Bristol Road

How would you rate L&C - London & Country Mortgages?

Alastair
Verified Buyer

L&C did a great job of taking the pain out of our mortgage search and application. Our advisor listened carefully to our requirements and quickly came back to us with the best options in the market. The application process was then handled quickly and efficiently and we soon had an approved mortgage offer. Given the number of jobs to do when moving house it was a great relief to make the mortgage process so straightforward.
Thanks for taking the time to review us, Alastair. L&C
Verified Buyer

Nicola Pratt has been very helpful from start to finish. I would not hesitate to recommend L&C.
Thanks for taking the time to share your review - we'll be pleased to pass this feedback on to Nicola. L&C
Unverified Reviewer

I was trying to source a buy to let mortgage for a couple of cottages and had been wondering the most effective way of doing this. As I work a away for my job, I was considering that my partner and I could move into one of them, therefore having one on a residential mortgage and then renting out our mortgage free house in Kent. However, on asking for advice from Perry, he immediately seemed to jump to the conclusion that I wanted to commit mortgage fraud, and when I told him my father lived next door, he grew even more unwilling to help. I had spoken to him a couple of times on the phone, prior to this, and he came across as unhelpful and unfriendly. I wished for him to come back with some potential figures from lenders and an agreement in principal, but he told me no lender would do this until the freehold of the combined cottages had been split. How is it that I have managed to obtain an agreement with a different lender then? Perry's attitude was appalling and he made me feel like a common criminal when all I was doing was asking for his advice. I know you must be a very busy and successful company who doesn't need my business, but I work in a customer care roll for a big corporate company, and I would never treat my customers in this manner. If I did, I wouldn't keep my job. I would be glad for some feedback from yourselves. I am still waiting for a vendor decision on the cottages, as he is trying them on the open market at a higher price first. If he doesn't sell, then he may accept my offer. I have an agreement in principal with another company but would still consider a more competitive quote from yourselves. Perry suggested that I look elsewhere...I clearly don't want to deal with him again. I look forward to your response.

Fiona Griffiths

Verified Buyer

I had an initial glitch but after getting the issue escalated, its been taken care of nicely so far. Will come back with more update once the application is completed.
Verified Buyer

They made the process so easy and smooth. Explained what was necessary and chased up the lender. It couldn't have been easier for me.
Thanks for taking the time to review us, Heidi. We're so pleased to hear that you found the whole process smooth and easy. Thanks L&C
Unverified Reviewer

It’s true what they say …you get what you pay for.
I contacted L&C to assist with my adverse credit application and was referred to Alex (broker).
I had already done my research and knew what my options were.
To cut a long story short, he didn’t know the lender’s borrowing criteria (I knew more than he did) and was sluggish at responding. He also gave me wrong advice about commission/ bonuses being factored into mortgage multiples!!
Complete waste!
We're sorry to hear this and would like to investigate. Please can you email us at socialmedia@landc.co.uk with your full name and your case number? Thanks L&C
Mark S
Verified Buyer

I found Daniel and his support Hayley to be very helpful through the entire process.
Richard
Verified Buyer

Dealing with Dominic Moores at L&C was excellent, fast, efficient and fee-free! Great service.
Andre
Verified Buyer

Whilst searching for my first property, an estate agency passed on my number to L&C and I received a phone call from them. I didn't like that and I thought I didn't need it, but had gone along with it anyway. I nearly hung up the phone, but it turned out that sticking with them was one of the best decisions in the whole process.

Only criticism is that at the time of the mortgage application I've been told by my adviser that I can expect the lender's decision by the end of the day, which turned into many weeks and it was quite a stressful waiting game, I can't blame L&C for the delay itself – it was actually the lender who seemed quite disorganised. Everything worked out in the end and I feel like L&C helped me finding the best mortgage deal, which I wouldn't have found despite my own research.

I'm also glad I didn't sign up with a different mortgage adviser/broker, who would have charged me £1000 straight away, no matter if it would have been successful or not. L&C received a commission at the end whilst I didn't pay anything extra (I checked the lender's website and it confirmed that I would have received exactly the same deal had I applied directly), and I think for the amount of time they spent on my case they deserve every penny.
Thank you for taking the time to submit your honest review Andre, we really appreciate it. With your permission, we'd love to share this 5* review with your team. Many thanks L&C
Anon
Unverified Reviewer

We are first time buyers and needed help navigating our first purchase. I called L&C to get an idea of what we needed to provide and I was bombarded with questions about our income/expenses/deposit without any official numbers in front of me which i explained several times. I also explained I was just calling to find out how to get the ball rolling...I felt rushed through and we were offered a mortgage in principle that night. We worked with the figures suggested and made an offer on a house which was accepted. Following up with the underwriting our case worker was very impatient, he didn't allow me time to ask questions and personally made me feel like we were unlikely to get a mortgage (he was very negative & not encouraging at all). We felt totally out of control but pushed on with L&C because we feared losing out on the property. Our broker told us he would only be able to provide us with one quote so we have to decide if we wanted a 2, 3 or 5 yr fixed without seeing any figures. He also only gave us one quote from Skipton (who have very good customer services btw) so we felt like it was a 'take it or leave it' situation. I honestly do not feel like the broker had our best interests at heart nor do I think we got the best deals/rates. The application was delayed because the advisors did not tell us we needed our gift letters on Skipton's official forms (which you can download straight from their website)...an avoidable delay!

Following on from the application, communication was terrible. Our second case worker only spoke to us briefly and would not return emails/calls for over a week. The main contacts we had were sales calls for us to purchase life insurance & home insurance. I also had an issue with the sales tactics....'I hate to think what you will do (my name) if anything should happen to (partners name)'...it was disgusting.

We actually found out our mortgage offer had been accepted directly from a letter from Skipton with L&C phoning me three days later to let us know the same news.

We will not be recommending L&C to anyone and I will be making sure this review is seen on other sites too. However I cannot fault Skipton or Premier Property Lawyers who have been wonderful and a huge relief to work with after the customer services of London & Country.
We're sorry to hear this Faye and we would like to investigate this experience. Please can you send us your details (including your full name and postcode) to socialmedia@landc.co.uk? Thank you and our apologies again for this experience, L&C
Verified Reviewer

I rang to discuss mortgage options and the man I spoke to on the phone sounded very disinterested, I felt very insulted when he belittled mine and my partners earning, flat out said theres no chance of getting a mortgage till we get rid of a car and get better jobs, kept referring to our jobs as temporary due to the fact we're fixed contracts& was incredibly rude. I will be spreading the word about how I was spoken too& considering I am a first time buyer really put me off.
We're sorry to hear this and we would like to investigate this experience. Please can you send us your details (including your full name and postcode) to socialmedia@landc.co.uk? Thank you and our apologies again for this experience, L&C
David S
Unverified Reviewer

1/ Our previous mortgage was through L&C. But when the Case Manager left the company our existing records appear to have been disregarded and we had to start all over again.

2/ Since approaching L&C to discuss our mortgage requirements in mid-February, we had dealings with seven different people – plus an (unimpressive) online tracking service.

3/ We were advised to take a mortgage through HSBC (our bank) and assured that we met all criteria. We were then told our application had failed. Then we were told this failure was a mistake by HSBC and our application was being fast-tracked. Then we were told it had failed a second time & advised that it wasn’t the best choice anyway. We were then advised to apply for a mortgage through Santander. Then we were told the HSBC application had not failed, but HSBC just needed proof of address. But when I phoned HSBC they told me it was a simple internal process & they couldn’t see why L&C hadn’t addressed it with a simple phone call. Our initial impressions of L&C professionalism had already faded badly – but by this point they vanished.

4/ In exasperation, we contacted a rival broker, and the experience was like light and day. We found their service to be much faster, very much more personalised and they got it right first time, with Approval in Principle on the same day. Most importantly, on those occasions when we phoned the brokerage, it was always possible to actually speak with the relevant person within 30 minutes – rather than always having to leave a voicemail that would prompt a response at some point in the following 3 days. The process was a simple one. We quickly received a formal offer.

Our experience suggests L&C needs to make substantial improvements in its efficiency, communications & standards of customer service.
Thank you for getting in touch David. After receiving your review we have decided to investigate your experience further and our compliance team will be in touch shortly. Thanks for sharing your experience, and we hope to get to the bottom of it. Thanks L&C
Brian
Verified Buyer

Always in the ball with all products and latest mortgage deals to suit individual needs. Great follow up team and service to oversee mortgage to completion. The online tracking system is very useful. Full marks to Owen at L&C. I have now used him a number of times for my buy to let portfolio and will certainly continue to do so.
Thanks for taking the time to send your review, Brian. We'll be more than happy to pass this feedback on to Owen. L&C
Sandra

VERY GOOD THEY DONT CHARGE YOU FEES FOR THERE SERVICES
Lisa
Verified Buyer

Fantastic customer focus, first rate service.
Thanks for writing your review Lisa, we're so pleased to hear that you're happy with the service you received when arranging your mortgage. Thanks L&C
Verified Buyer

Always on hand to answer questions. Very professional service offered by Nick.
Lianne
Verified Buyer

Really easy process, explained really well and help every step of the way....couldn't be better! Thank you
Beverley
Verified Buyer

Very quick efficient service. Our friendly, professional advisor Liam ensured the whole process went smoothly from start to finish
Jack
Verified Buyer

Found me an excellent new mortgage deal.
Andre
Verified Buyer

I`ve dealt with L & C Mortgages for several years, their standards are consistently high, offering a first class service, thoroughly checking my requirements and offering the best deals I`ll use them again and recommend them to others
L&C - London & Country Mortgages is rated 4.67 based on 1,166 reviews