L&C - London & Country Mortgages Reviews

92% of reviewers recommend L&C - London & Country Mortgages

Beazer HouseLower Bristol Road

Rodger
Verified Buyer

They quickly understood our situation and requirements and came up with a tailored offer which was exactly as we were looking for. The process was very straightforward and they handled the whole transaction up to formal offer. We are delighted customers and would not hesitate to recommend.
Tariq
Verified Buyer

Stress free process. Looks after your interest fully and ensures you get the best deal. Will be back in three years time for new updates.
Steven
Verified Buyer

The process was as good, if not better than sitting in front of a mortgage advisor. Everything was explained very clearly and made perfect sense and we were kept informed of all developments throughout the whole process.
Rita I
Verified Buyer

L&C mortgages were very helpful, super quick and efficient in getting me the best possible mortgage deal for my first buy to let mortgage. Adil was fantastic in starting the process, getting all the information, and ensuring that everything was in motion. I'll be looking forward to their help for next time I need a mortgage!
Caryn
Verified Reviewer

Excellent service by Aaron Taghdiri and Scott Lawrence who have both been very helpful and efficient in a friendly manner throughout my mortgage application. I got quick response for every question I asked or for every issue that needed resolving. I would highly recommend L&C.
Richard
Verified Reviewer

Really slow to do anything took over 3 weeks to not get us a mortgage dip, approached another broker had dip within 6hours. So after 3 weeks of no urgency and lots of stress finally got to deal with a company and a person that was actually bothered and got us what we needed. Yes they did charge a fee they were not free but they knew what they were doing and didn't waste our time. Don't waste your time here there are much better options out there. Just because something is free doesn't make it a good deal. In this case you get what you pay for or don't in L and Cs case definitely avoid.
Thanks for taking the time to review us. We're really sorry to read about your experience.
Shane
Verified Reviewer

I am currently In the process of using L&C. I would avoid at all costs.

The communication is non existent. More a case of persistent mis-communication. Mortgage approved with post office. House sale agreed. Given date for completion. Mortgage is then audited by post office. Absolutely no feedback from L&C apart from, "it'll be complete in 2/3 days". 4 weeks later, still waiting and still being told the same thing.

Despite suggesting looking at alternative providers, the advisor simply said no, we expect it to be completed in 3 days. Generallly dreadful service and clearly focused on commission not best interests of the mortgage applicants!

Avoid.
We're really sorry to read this, Shane. If you can email us your case number - along with the name of your adviser to socialmedia@landc.co.uk we will chase this up for you. Thanks L&C
David
Verified Reviewer

A great, stress free and easy service.
Verified Reviewer

We had a terrible experience before the mortgage was even arranged! The girl that we spoke to was very friendly and seemed very helpful to begin with. We managed to get an agreement in principal very quickly, so felt confident that they would be a good company to go through. Wrong. Once we had an offer agreed on a house we wanted to move forward and get the mortgage set up the problems started. After missing several agreed times to talk on the phone and ignoring several emails she finally got in touch with a mortgage that she felt was the best option for us. However, as it was a fairly unknown bank we wanted something to compare it to, so asked to compare the rates to that of a high street lender (just felt that it may be easier to pop in branch if there was ever a problem) however she didn't take too kindly to this. Said she would go off and get some other quotes, but then it was the same old story... not calling when agreed, not responding to emails, finally got in touch one evening but didn't have any details as 'the computer systems were down' but will phone tomorrow - surprisingly that never happened! Tried calling half a dozen times, sent a few emails chasing it up but then just gave up. and went elsewhere. After about two weeks she started calling us, asking us to get in touch immediately as she is back in the office now. If this is the kind of treatment you get as a potential customer, I can only imagine the problems you will have getting any kind of contact once the commission is in the bag. I would deflnatly avoid. We ended up wasting weeks just waiting around and getting no where, and no one likes being lied to, or arranging to be free for phone calls only to be ignored.
Thanks for getting in touch, Siobhan. We're sorry to read your review... If you'd like us to investigate your experience, please do email us at socialmedia@landc.co.uk with your full name and case number. Thanks L&C
Verified Reviewer

I had a terrible experience with L&C and can't help but believe it's because I wasn't willing to back down and use their solicitors and ensure the sales guy got extra bonus!! During the first conversation I was very clear that we were looking to exchange quickly (4 weeks); and was advised that he would pick a bank with a good rate but who would also get things going quickly!!! Three weeks later I still have no mortgage as the Bank he picked didn't recognise my solicitor and seemed incapable of adding them on.

If you add to this the tone of the emails; when he hadn't asked me the right questions and I politely explained the difference between a valuation and sales price.

AVOID and go local ... we had it arranged in an hour and a half with our local bank.
Thanks for taking the time to write your review, Angela. We’re sorry to read this and we’d like to address some of your concerns around service. Our advisers will offer the option to use our recommended conveyancing service which is comprised of a panel of different solicitors and conveyancing firms. The service aims to offer a level of control and service standards to help the transaction progress smoothly. Having access to a range of firms helps to manage that effectively for our customers and helps ensure that lenders will be happy to work with the solicitors.

However, we understand that customers will have their own preferences and the conveyancing service is entirely optional. I’m sorry you felt that the process was sales driven but there is no obligation and your choice to use your own solicitor would certainly not impact the service on your case.

If you do believe that the right questions were not asked or communication tone was inappropriate, we would be happy to investigate this on your behalf. Simply email us at socialmedia@landc.co.uk with your case number, full name and postcode. Thank you
Gilberto
Verified Buyer

The account manager never show up
I water for 4 month for a simple remortgage was finished. In the end, I had to hit my own solicitor.
We're sorry to hear this Gilberto. If you could email us at socialmedia@landc.co.uk with your full name, postcode and case number we'll look into this for you. Thanks L&C
Paul
Verified Buyer

The whole process of remortgaging our property was seamless. L&C got us a great deal, super quickly and kept us in updated and informed, so we knew exactly where we stood.
Verified Buyer

Our advisor Jack Watson was exceedingly helpful in understanding our requirements and getting us the best deal when other avenues had been cut off. I would fully recommend anyone at least talking with then, even if it is to rule them out. It doesn't cost anything to see what they can do. Thanks for sorting us out.
Dissatisfied
Verified Reviewer

L&C stay away from them I had 1 issue and the call I got was sorry Santander said no because you house had subsided and bye I have Emailed them about the issue and they have not replied at all yes my house has subsided and yes its been underpinned I have also had a Engineers report done what said the underpinning was successful
Sorry to hear about this, I've asked a team leader to have a look into this for you this morning and someone will be in touch as soon as possible to see if we can move things forward. L&C.
Nicola
Verified Buyer

As first time buyers, L&C made the whole process of finding a mortgage very easy and stress-free. Everyone we interacted with was very helpful, but Dominic Moore in particular really did an excellent job and we very much appreciate everything he did for us. Communication was excellent and being able to sort out everything (solicitors, insurance etc) through one channel made the whole experience completely hassle free. We would recommend L&C to anyone.
Paul
Verified Buyer

Very professional and always available to answer any questions, made the whole experience very quick and easy. Would not hesitate in recommending L&C

Paul Khan
Marie
Verified Buyer

Adam has been brilliant; working hard to get us a great rate and very efficient. His communication has been excellent and we wouldn't hesitate to recommend L & C and in particular Adam.
Quan
Verified Buyer

I am very happy with the service which I have received.
Thank you Jamie Henderson and Jason Stead .
Diane
Verified Buyer

Mark Cooper has been absolutely fantastic! Our first two purchases unfortunately fell through (no fault of ours) but Mark has continued to provide us with excellent service. He fully explains the process, is always there to answer questions promptly and I have been blown away by the quality of his customer service. He is a real asset to the company. Mark and L&C were recommended to me by a work colleague (and we work in the banking industry!!!) and I will also recommend L&C to anyone wanting a mortgage. 100% satisfied customer.
Thomas
Verified Buyer

My mortgage application was accepted
L&C - London & Country Mortgages is rated 4.65 based on 1,241 reviews