"LMB Contract / REF number: 2016-10-0338
No idea if these reviews on here are genuine or not and I am pretty sure LMB have done good jobs in the past but I can only comment only my experience factually:
- Rear ground extension - Project management non existent. Builders hadn’t a clue how big the door opening should be , and could not even build symmetrical parallel walls - out by 3-4 cm at widest point (slight problem for floor tiler!)
- Rear extension roof taking around 2 weeks to do yet left unfinished. and not properly done
- Lintel for rear extension left dangerous and undone. (At least they could've put the bricks back!).
- MD Lee Murphy Constantly demanding money even when next stage of contract had not been completed (in this case , stairs needed to be completed for next payment). According to two surveyors before stairs were in, the whole loft extension should of had a water tight roof and insulated walls before stair installation. This a standard regulation in the industry which should of been implemented here before installation and demanding of money.
- Theft of items on site by contractors with police called. Mr Murphy even went to his carpenter accusing me of stealing his items! I even have the carpenters Whatsapp messages calling me ‘evil’ to prove this!!!!!!!
- Inadequate equipment supplied to LMB staff with carpenter falling off unstable ladder. Even had to help the roofer to the car and help him with certain aspects of work, all of which I should not have done!
- Roofing beams for rear extension slope roof not even touching walls. So had to force Lee to get it done properly. Why was I in this position in the first place?
- An enormous amount of rubbish on scaffolding. yet refused to get a skip claiming he hasn't got enough money for skip or materials ( receipt docs and can be easily proven with Whatsapp messages). Rubble subsequently fell from there narrowly missing my father.
- Contractors CONSTANTLY complaining of NOT GETTING PAID. How the hell does that make us feel after giving money to LMB?????!!!!! Even had to pay one of the contractors directly and minus it of the total amount owed to LMB. Ridiculous. This can be proven with signed receipts from them and him
After giving up on LMB I decided to pull the contract. After which:
- Threats by his solicitor trying to take me to court even when next stage of hadn't been completed (as per contract). As in the letter , apparently I gave no reason as to pulling the job ?! More lies fed to the solicitor I guess.
- BTW, Lee don’t be childish by showing your solicitor John all the nice conversations we had. If you want, talk to me face to face and don’t hide behind your solicitor and we can go to court and ask Whatsap for full undeleted transcripts.
- Lee Murphy had threats to take scaffolding down when roof hadn't been completed or sealed watertight when two elderly pensioners reside inside.
- Claimed he owned the materials on the driveway , so decided to take them away. so Police were called. He even took the staircase , claiming it was his :-) Proof of how I paid for it, I easily can be prove in court . Even have Lee on CCTV and microphone on drive him taking the stuff which I will release when necessary.
- Also, he told his workers to call me to offer a service to finish the job for double the price with him taking his cut. They can all back me up. Disgusting.
There is actually a lot more I could write up on...and all will come out in due course with the necessary evidence(or/if this goes to court). All of above can be proved with screenshots of FULL Whatsapp messages, text messages, CCTV recordings, police reference numbers, etc... and Mr Murphy cannot refute any of it
I actually think Lee is a sound family guy, and just lost his way in life and given into pressure and greed, and believe me I have seen it all to often in business. LMB are expensive and thought that extra money would relieve some stress off the family. In fact the total opposite happened and I should never of been in this position.
I am only writing this as his solicitor John Tsoukkas of Dollman and Pritchard (01883347823) ref JT/pa/LMB2.14 sent me another letter a few days ago- probably to try to scare me or shut me up. Make up your mind , first you want to take me to court and the next you don't. Just so childish.
"We are extremely happy with the new loft conversion by LMB. An absolute first class service from start to finish, if anyone is looking for a loft conversion I would recommend LMB all day long.
Lee and his staff have been amazing they reassured us with any concerns we might of had throughout the process.
The workman were polite, respectful and friendly and always tidy up after themselves. They were very punctual and carried out their work swiftly and to an extremely high standard.
The finished conversion has exceeded our expectations, we now have a massive bedroom with a beautiful ensuite and walk-in wardrobe. We would like to thank LMB for ending our year on a high.
"Absolutely fantastic workmanship and first class customer service from Sheila and the team. Multiple plans drawn up to cater for your needs at no extra cost.
Also with Manager Director Lee Murphy input into designs..invaluable..
Vincent South Croydon"
"LMB carried out a superb conversion to our 1950's 2 bed detached bungalow . We now have a upstairs ! , consisting of huge master bedroom with en-suite , an office and storage areas . LMB completed on time , with no ( additional ) surprises ! , there electrical and plumbing contractors were also very cooperative - in designing and upgrading the old systems and incorporating new circuits and outlets ect . Without any hesitation , we would recommend LMB Loft conversions Ltd
Mr & Mrs muggeridge , Orpington , Kent"
"We recently had a loft conversion and additional building work by LMB , we are very pleased with the finished loft we now have two rooms and extra toilet it was completed very quickly .
The initial build was quick and we were impressed we had the floor skeleton outlines of the rooms and stairs with in a week .
Lee managed the job courteously and asked our opinion every step of the way and all tradesmen he used were high quality . Particularly the carpenters and painter and decorator, there experience in this kind of build was obvious due to the efficiency of the whole process .
All off LMB staff were polite and got on with there work without disturbing us which was particularly good as my husband works from home and he was in the house when the work was taking place
They always left the house tidy when they left
The work was off high standard and the office ensured that the whole process was painless
Informing us in good time we had to pay fees and keeping informed what was happening
LMB also removed two chimneys breasts which took place when we were away again LMB work quickly and efficiently to complete the job and we were delighted with the way they have transformed our house .
Mr Mrs pilbeam ,
"We love the new loft space that LMB have created for us. They demolished our existing two dormers and replaced it with a beautiful new loft, complete with two bedrooms and two en-suite shower rooms.
We chose LMB based on their experience, their value for money and Lee's personal involvement and commitment as the owner. We also viewed a completed project of theirs where we were impressed with the level of finish.
All the tradespeople were skilled, efficient, reliable and friendly. The quality of workmanship was very high. As on all builds, there were surprises and minor issues along the way, but LMB dealt with all of them professionally. Dave, our project manager, was a pleasure to work with and visited us once a week to ensure we were all on the same page.
We are extremely happy with the finished product and we'd have no hesitation in recommending LMB to others."
"Thanks to all the team at LMB loft conversions
You have done great job in creating my dusty loft
To a master bedroom and en-suite , clean , quick ,
Quality work and would recommend your company .
"My husband and I were extremely satisfied with our loft conversion. The service we received from start to finish was friendly and professional and the end result was delivered on time to a high standard. Would certainly recommend this company."
"Dear Lee & team , our loft was recently finished December 2015 much to our satisfaction our personal thanks to Jamie and Gavin who were the first fix team , they arrived before 8 am everyday for about 3 weeks which was pretty impressive .
They had explained throughly what they needed to do and Hartley disturbed us . Most of all they Owens a Henri Hoover which inspired me to buy one myself . Next came Matthew plumbers team , Jim , joe , Darren Matthew team would come and rescue even if a water shortage , hot water central heating problems which were not there fault , the elelctrian team did there job so quick and efficiently I don't have time remember there names . Dane the plaster also did a very good job in record time . The roofers were very efficient they changed the whole front roof in 3 days . We were very pleased with high spec wet room well done to lam and Dominic , mark the carpenter had fitted very nice wood flooring , banister and doors and built in cupboard all by
himself . Dean painting team enjoyed their work and were always cheerful , they had helped to choose the right colour scheme for our room , the painting is spot on . Thanks to all the brilliant teams , well done LMB , you have a dream team behind you which has made you very sucsesfull.
Wishing you a happy Xmas and a prosperous new year
Mrs chew ( Beckenham )"
"We are delighted with our loft conversion. The team from LMB were fantastic and we were kept informed of every detail throughout the project. The project ran to schedule and all snagging issues were resolved swiftly. Lee paid us regular visits to ensure we were happy with the build which we were! Thank you LMB."
"LMB Lofts has a great team who are friendly, courteous, and understand they are working in someone's home, and not a building site. As well as a loft conversion, which has transformed our house, they also knocked down seven chimney breasts to give us vital space for what we required. They did their utmost to protect our house from the mess, which was practically unavoidable given the job. I have recommended them to two friends, one of whom subsequently had an LMB loft too.
Martin Duckworth, Croydon"
"Having decided upon a loft conversion we researched three companies in our area including LMB . When Lee the owner came on his initial visit he in formed he converted two lofts on our road . After viewing them we were convinced we would be choosing the best company , as they were both finished to a high standard .
We are very happy with the extra space it has provided and will enjoy many hours in our new bedroom including our en-suite . We upgraded from french doors to bi-fold doors and metal Juliet to glass , lee was helpful in assisting with our decision making .
We had a couple of issues, but these were quickly and amicably resolved to our satisfaction . Although we are not architects we were able to draw accurate plans of the layout , we are pleased that the finished room was exactly as imagined . All the trades people were efficient, friendly and respectful of our home .
We are extremely happy with the final result result therefore have no hesitation in recommending LMB
E & P , tait
"Tidy, efficient, incredibly hard working and very understanding. We couldn't recommend LMB highly enough to anyone thinking of a loft conversion. The first fix builders treated our home with upmost respect and consideration. Thank you Bobby and Rob. In under 4 weeks they had lowered our ceilings and put in three rooms with minimal disruption and to a very high standard. Our house has been transformed and your team are an asset to the company."
When a review is marked
it means Reviews.io has the additional trust signal necessary to ensure that the review is genuine. Customers reading the reviews can then use this information to help them decide which reviews are more relevant and steer them in their purchasing decisions.
If a review does not have the
label next to it, we do not have the additional information from the customer/company to verify that the review was written from the privileged user position.
Even though some reviews do not carry the
badge, it does not mean that the reviewer has no experience with the company - it just means that we could not confirm a specific purchase.
badge offers one more way to help gauge the quality and relevance of a company review.
How can I make my review "Verified"?
If we are unable to automatically verify you as a
you can email supporting documents to
so we can investigate and mark your review as
We prefer an invoice, delivery note or receipt.
When a review is marked
it means Reviews.io has NOT had the trust signals necessary to ensure that the review is genuine. Customers reading the reviews can then use this information to help them decide which reviews are more relevant and steer them in their purchasing decisions.
How can I make my review "Verified"?
If we are unable to automatically verify you as a
you can enter your email address below and we'll be in touch to verify your review.