Litvinoff & Fawcett Reviews

of reviewers recommend Litvinoff & Fawcett
Telephone
Read Litvinoff & Fawcett Reviews

About Litvinoff & Fawcett:

Quality bed and mattress makers

jlitvinoff@inbox.com

9 Yorkton Street

Tell us how Litvinoff & Fawcett made you happy
Love the design of the bed, it"s a real solid wood bed, and is sanded smooth on all edges. The mattresses are natural fibre and very comfortable. Plenty of storage underneath too, we had ours on slightly longer legs at minimal cost. I bought three beds, I love the very simple natural style. Delivery excellent.Thankyou
Thank you very much for your custom and review,
Julian
Strong and well made bed, I will always get my beds from them in the future
Thank you for your support.
We had a dream of having a huge huge bed in our new home. We built the base based on the size of the room, and came to you guys with the measurements and you made us the most incredible bespoke mattress. You spend a lot of time asleep so you may as well make it comfortable and fabulous!
Good thinking... and thank you for your review.
The store experience was extremely positive and the quality of the mattress is excellent. Having been recommended by a friend, I too would highly recommend this business and their mattresses and aftercare.
Thank you. Recommendation is the best form of advertising, and doesn't add to the cost of the goods.
The mattress is ridge-y and has to have a mattress topper. Previously had a L&F mattress which lasted 20 y and was great. Quality not what it was
Dear Alison,
I am sorry you were disappointed. Our methods have remained much the same for more than 20 years. You chose our budget mattresses, which whilst good, are designed more for spare rooms and occasional use. Perhaps your previous mattress was one of the more generously filled ones which are inevitably more costly.
I have been a customer for over 40 years. The quality of their beds has always been excellent and my latest purchase - their beautiful Abbot bed in oak - is just beautiful. They liaised brilliantly with their workshop, their carriers and me so that the bed was delivered to Yorkshire on the day and at the time we had agreed. I couldn't be happier.
Thanks for your review and continued custom. Much appreciated.!
Great quality. I love it's so solid and not squeaky
Thank you. Rock solid and built to last - that's our aim!
Great mattress Great service thanks
Thank you. We aim to please.
The bed frames are super solid and last, their mattresses are the best!
Thank you. The bed frames will last a lifetime. Unfortunately the mattresses wont - but we are doing our best!
Very good mattress made with all natural materials aiding a good nights sleep.
Thank you. We agree - natural materials last longer and are more comfortable.
Good value, efficient delivery, *very* comfortable mattress. And I was remembered as a previous customer when buying a mattress twenty years after my first purchase!
Thank you. Very glad you are happy. It is always great to meet returning customers again.
I had such a good experience buying from here - from the patience and knowledge on hand in the showroom (I had three children under five with me..) to the easy and helpful delivery times all to suit me. A top quality service at a great price. Thank you!
Thank you for your kind comments. We are really glad that you are happy.
Fantastic bed and mattress,nearly two years on and we are extremely happy with the purchase. A great buy for a fantastic mattress that would have cost thousands elsewhere!
We all are very glad you are happy. Our mattresses are made in much the same way as mattresses costing many times more - but without the frills.
Over the last 30 years I have bought 3 ? Mattresses and have been very happy with all of them. AND when I was manager of The Archduke at Waterloo Julian and Lucien Adamoli worked with me and knew their mother Vida and I think her maiden name was Litvinoff !!,,,,
Thank you Paul. Vida was my sister, and of course slept on our beds, as do Julian and Lucian.
A good quality at a fair price.
Thank you for your response.
They sold me a mattress which within months - the side panel stitching unravelled. Was told by Julian that this stitching "wasn't necessary". ??The side panel buckles badly, and the "luxury mattress" buckles and dips really badly. They would not accept this AND the consumer has to pay for transporting the mattress for them to 'examine the problem'. So if you live far from London, and don't have transport you'll be paying up to £70 to get it to them.
Read T & C's carefully before buying.
By her own admission ours is the 5th (yes fifth!) mattress in rapid succession that has not met with her approval. (The previous four were not ours and had been sent back). She refused to adhere to the returns procedure that we insisted she read before we agreed to accept her order. Instead we have been subjected to increasingly abusive emails similar in nature to the above review.
I have just rented a beautiful holiday cottage in Wales. Now I have terrible trouble sleep and am always uncomfortable in bed. Whilst on my holiday I slept soundly, out like a light for a full 8 hours each night. I was so comfy and no pain in my hip or back like I usually get each morning at home. I looked at the make of the mattress and found it to be one of your, a classic orthopedic. I have decided to go ahead and buy one if I can find it on your website. I too live in Wales so hoping you deliver, Jan
Hi Jan,
I am very glad you found us.
Julian
Being guided by the L&F website and Julian from the company, I opted for the Luxury 'Medium' open coil mattress and space saver platform bed. I really like the bed frame. It has a nice hand made, artisan quality to it and looks great. However, I'm not such a fan of the mattress.

There is no doubting that it is well made, but, it is not medium it is very firm. My parter commented that - "this mattress is so hard it could take on David Haye and win!
We persevered with it for several weeks thinking we just needed time to get used to it. Over time I developed pain in my hip and lower back. At this point I contacted Julian just to make sure we had been sent the right mattress.

His advice to me, and mine to you, is to call into the showroom and try out the mattresses as there is a marked difference between the tensions. I live in Manchester, so not so easy to pop in, but I will next time I'm in London as I'm still convinced I was sent the wrong mattress. Meanwhile, I purchased a mattress topper in the hope that it would help. It hasn't.

I've had to give up on this mattress as my back couldn't take it anymore, and I've bought another one locally (having tried it in store first). You might argue that it's my own fault for buying a mattress online. In my defence, I bought it after reading the 5 star rave reviews on here and thought I was onto a winner. I also wanted to support a small business. Ultimately, I've been left feeling disappointed, not to mention out of pocket, hence the 2 star review.
Stewart, I am sorry you are not happy and feel that you have been wronged. If one orders a mattress without trying it, there is always a danger that it will not be what you were hoping for. The same mattress may be too soft for some, and the firmest may not be firm enough for others. We try to advise as best we can, but ultimately comfort is subjective. We have never claimed that our mattresses cure back pain, and sincerely believe that they will not be the cause of it either.
I am glad you approve of the bed base anyway
Best regards, Julian
I left writing my review until I'd had a good chance to 'test' my L&F bed frame and mattress and it's been over 4 months now since I purchased...

I live on a narrowboat and needed a bed frame that could be raised up for under-bed storage as well as not being over-sized, enabling room all round for access, and went for a Platform Bed raised by 20cm. This was absolutely perfect, easy to put together and fitted exactly in the space available with plenty of room underneath. It is very sturdy and approx 1 inch smaller than the mattress, meaning that there are no bits sticking out on which to crack your knee!

I will admit to hesitating over the mattress (4' medium pocket sprung) as it was twice the price of a run-of-the-mill Dunlopillo or similar. However, I am super glad that I went for it! I have occasional back problems due to a ruptured disc in my lower back that nobbled me about 25 years ago. My previous mattress was doing nothing to help the situation and when I got my L&F mattress I was suffering some back pain and couldn't stand up for long periods.

I am deliriously happy to report that 4 months of sleeping on my L&F mattress has seen my back pain disappear - completely! I can't pinpoint exactly when this happened - it was a gradual thing, but one day I suddenly realised that I was free from pain. And it can only be down to the mattress. It is, quite simply, the best mattress I have ever slept on and I love getting into bed and letting the day go.

I exchanged emails and had a few phone conversations with Julian (who I think is the owner) and he was extremely helpful and friendly. I cannot recommend this fabulous family-run business enough and have already passed on their details to many family members and friends. Top hole!
Thanks for your comments. Its great to get such feedback.
Our beds have duly been delivered and we are thoroughly enjoying sleeping in them.
I have to say I am so impressed. The firm mattress that I bought is so comfortable and yet I feel it really supports me well.
Your mattresses are extremely good value for money and it was good to be able to come and try them out in such a leisurely manner. I hope to be still enjoying it for several years and will definitely be back when it is time for a new one.
The delivery man was charming as well and help to carry them upstairs.
I will definitely recommend your mattresses to others.
A friend recommended you to us. I suspect we owe them a drink!
Thanks, We are happy to be of service.
Litvinoff & Fawcett is rated 4.81 based on 135 reviews