Litvinoff & Fawcett Reviews

of reviewers recommend Litvinoff & Fawcett
Telephone
Read Litvinoff & Fawcett Reviews

About Litvinoff & Fawcett:

Quality bed and mattress makers

02077393480

jlitvinoff@inbox.com

281, Hackney Road, London

Tell us how Litvinoff & Fawcett made you happy
The Litvinoff mattresses are really comfortable and long lasting. We bought our first in the 1980's and it was great and it lasted 25 years, far longer that the guarantee. So great quality and great value. While we were in the shop we were served by Mr Litvinoff who is very knowledgeable and friendly. Once ordered it was delivery at the time agreed. I wouldn't buy from anywhere else.
Thank you for your recommendation.
Really good everything.
Thanks Harry. We love sending beds to France!
Love the design of the bed, it"s a real solid wood bed, and is sanded smooth on all edges. The mattresses are natural fibre and very comfortable. Plenty of storage underneath too, we had ours on slightly longer legs at minimal cost. I bought three beds, I love the very simple natural style. Delivery excellent.Thankyou
Thank you very much for your custom and review, Julian
Strong and well made bed, I will always get my beds from them in the future
Thank you for your support.
We had a dream of having a huge huge bed in our new home. We built the base based on the size of the room, and came to you guys with the measurements and you made us the most incredible bespoke mattress. You spend a lot of time asleep so you may as well make it comfortable and fabulous!
Good thinking... and thank you for your review.
The store experience was extremely positive and the quality of the mattress is excellent. Having been recommended by a friend, I too would highly recommend this business and their mattresses and aftercare.
Thank you. Recommendation is the best form of advertising, and doesn't add to the cost of the goods.
The mattress is ridge-y and has to have a mattress topper. Previously had a L&F mattress which lasted 20 y and was great. Quality not what it was
Dear Alison, I am sorry you were disappointed. Our methods have remained much the same for more than 20 years. You chose our budget mattresses, which whilst good, are designed more for spare rooms and occasional use. Perhaps your previous mattress was one of the more generously filled ones which are inevitably more costly.
I have been a customer for over 40 years. The quality of their beds has always been excellent and my latest purchase - their beautiful Abbot bed in oak - is just beautiful. They liaised brilliantly with their workshop, their carriers and me so that the bed was delivered to Yorkshire on the day and at the time we had agreed. I couldn't be happier.
Thanks for your review and continued custom. Much appreciated.!
Great quality. I love it's so solid and not squeaky
Thank you. Rock solid and built to last - that's our aim!
Great mattress Great service thanks
Thank you. We aim to please.
The bed frames are super solid and last, their mattresses are the best!
Thank you. The bed frames will last a lifetime. Unfortunately the mattresses wont - but we are doing our best!
Very good mattress made with all natural materials aiding a good nights sleep.
Thank you. We agree - natural materials last longer and are more comfortable.
Good value, efficient delivery, *very* comfortable mattress. And I was remembered as a previous customer when buying a mattress twenty years after my first purchase!
Thank you. Very glad you are happy. It is always great to meet returning customers again.
I had such a good experience buying from here - from the patience and knowledge on hand in the showroom (I had three children under five with me..) to the easy and helpful delivery times all to suit me. A top quality service at a great price. Thank you!
Thank you for your kind comments. We are really glad that you are happy.
Fantastic bed and mattress,nearly two years on and we are extremely happy with the purchase. A great buy for a fantastic mattress that would have cost thousands elsewhere!
We all are very glad you are happy. Our mattresses are made in much the same way as mattresses costing many times more - but without the frills.
Over the last 30 years I have bought 3 ? Mattresses and have been very happy with all of them. AND when I was manager of The Archduke at Waterloo Julian and Lucien Adamoli worked with me and knew their mother Vida and I think her maiden name was Litvinoff !!,,,,
Thank you Paul. Vida was my sister, and of course slept on our beds, as do Julian and Lucian.
A good quality at a fair price.
Thank you for your response.
They sold me a mattress which within months - the side panel stitching unravelled. Was told by Julian that this stitching "wasn't necessary". ??The side panel buckles badly, and the "luxury mattress" buckles and dips really badly. They would not accept this AND the consumer has to pay for transporting the mattress for them to 'examine the problem'. So if you live far from London, and don't have transport you'll be paying up to £70 to get it to them. Read T & C's carefully before buying.
By her own admission ours is the 5th (yes fifth!) mattress in rapid succession that has not met with her approval. (The previous four were not ours and had been sent back). She refused to adhere to the returns procedure that we insisted she read before we agreed to accept her order. Instead we have been subjected to increasingly abusive emails similar in nature to the above review.
I have just rented a beautiful holiday cottage in Wales. Now I have terrible trouble sleep and am always uncomfortable in bed. Whilst on my holiday I slept soundly, out like a light for a full 8 hours each night. I was so comfy and no pain in my hip or back like I usually get each morning at home. I looked at the make of the mattress and found it to be one of your, a classic orthopedic. I have decided to go ahead and buy one if I can find it on your website. I too live in Wales so hoping you deliver, Jan
Hi Jan, I am very glad you found us. Julian
Being guided by the L&F website and Julian from the company, I opted for the Luxury 'Medium' open coil mattress and space saver platform bed. I really like the bed frame. It has a nice hand made, artisan quality to it and looks great. However, I'm not such a fan of the mattress. There is no doubting that it is well made, but, it is not medium it is very firm. My parter commented that - "this mattress is so hard it could take on David Haye and win! We persevered with it for several weeks thinking we just needed time to get used to it. Over time I developed pain in my hip and lower back. At this point I contacted Julian just to make sure we had been sent the right mattress. His advice to me, and mine to you, is to call into the showroom and try out the mattresses as there is a marked difference between the tensions. I live in Manchester, so not so easy to pop in, but I will next time I'm in London as I'm still convinced I was sent the wrong mattress. Meanwhile, I purchased a mattress topper in the hope that it would help. It hasn't. I've had to give up on this mattress as my back couldn't take it anymore, and I've bought another one locally (having tried it in store first). You might argue that it's my own fault for buying a mattress online. In my defence, I bought it after reading the 5 star rave reviews on here and thought I was onto a winner. I also wanted to support a small business. Ultimately, I've been left feeling disappointed, not to mention out of pocket, hence the 2 star review.
Stewart, I am sorry you are not happy and feel that you have been wronged. If one orders a mattress without trying it, there is always a danger that it will not be what you were hoping for. The same mattress may be too soft for some, and the firmest may not be firm enough for others. We try to advise as best we can, but ultimately comfort is subjective. We have never claimed that our mattresses cure back pain, and sincerely believe that they will not be the cause of it either. I am glad you approve of the bed base anyway Best regards, Julian
Litvinoff & Fawcett is rated 4.82 based on 138 reviews