Light In The Box UK Reviews

35% of reviewers recommend Light In The Box UK
10PM
10PM

About Light In The Box UK: LightInTheBox.com has been a worldwide business leader selling high-quality consumer goods since 2006. LightInTheBox.com provides customers worldwide with high-quality products at wholesale prices; straight from the manufacturer. Find a great selection of?

Category:

6 - 12 Hours
Returns & Refunds
Difficult
refunds process
"Had terrible trouble. Ordered on 27 Nov as Xmas presents 2 remote control flying fish which cost 30.66 incl postage packing. Could not contact them as said no order pending. No phone number and email back just said go to your orders. Tried to get my money back via PayPal. Jan 16 had a post office through my door saying owe £11.90 customs charge. Would never purchase anything from this company again. I would not recommend them to anyone do not use . I have not collected item so do not know what the refund process is."
Are you Light In The Box UK? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"Item not as decribed. Coat more like a long jacket than the full length one the photos indicated. Material thin. Not good quality. An finding the Website impossible to navigate. Type in returns or returns policy nothing comes up. An expensive mistake. Stay clear !"
"I wish I had read reviews prior to purchase. This was a bad and costly experience and I would not recommend this seller thankyou anyone. The shrug I purchased arrived way too late, and after the date given. I did not like it enough to keep, so requested refund. Their communication/ticket system was confusing and complicated. When I took package to the PO it was going to cost £7.45. I went back to the irritating ticket system to point out that I would like a prepaid label as it had arrived too late, but this was not honoured."
"Never again will I shop with this company . They are a disgrace and should not be allowed to trade"
"Are the prices too good to be true? I was contacted by my banks fraud team when I tried to pay for items 4 times. Thank goodness! Then I read these reviews. Seems to risky. Will not be going through with the payment."
"This company took 5 payments from me in error in October. They admitted they took 5 payments instead of 1. We have now sent over 100 messages to eachother. This has bee ongoing since October, never received goods or refunds. Have now given up and am taking further action. Look up the reviews before ordering as this website is a scam."
"Thus is the worse comany i hsve ever ordered from. DO NOT USE THEM!! I ordered two drones for my children for Christmas.. I ordered them early because of the busy holidays and they were coming from China. I never received one but I was refunded although I had to pay approx £20 taxes which I did not get back. The other drone worked on boxing day and that was it the battery won't charge. I've contacted customer services and they have told me the they will not replace or refund so I'm approx £90 out of pocket with no drone."
"DONT TOUCH WITH A BARGE POLE!! Ordered a bag at beginning of November. Royal Mail tried to deliver on 28th November. I was out but they left a card saying I had to pay a Customs Charge of £11.11 Nothing in their information mentioned CUSTOMS CHARGES! I have not collected parcel and they refuse to pay me £11.11"
"The company lies about its services and prices of products. Something which is advertised as costing £25 ends up costing £50 with super expensive shipping customs duties which are not mentioned when the purchase is made. Shameful."
"Avoid this company. If you need a refund, their costumer service will do their best to simply avoid paying. I have been trying to resolve an issue for over a month without success. Don't fall for it."
"HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE! i bought a sink tap which was nothing like the photos,it arrived after 1 month and i tried to get a refund and i was refused, after i send the tap back !! Stay away do not buy from them, you'll get scammed!!!"
"The ski jacket and ski pants are way smaller than the label suggests and paying the extra import tax, I am now shopping in uk where a size 42 (16) is correct and not your 42 (size 10) very disappointed and £160 worse off!!!!!!"
"The order took 3 weeks longer than the stated time to arrive, I'm still waiting for them to arrive so cannot comment on quality or value for money. I was finally given a £30 credit but only if I spend another £60 with them!!!, I was expecting a refund on shipping, not a discount voucher. very disappointing service. overpriced goods from China"
"FRAUD! FRAUD!! FRAUD!!! AVOID LIKE A PLAQUE. I WAS ASKED bY COURIER cOMPANYTO PAY ADDITIONAL £65 FOR DELIVERY CHARGE AFTER PAYING £180 FOR PARCEL AND EVERYTHING INCLUDED."
"They have taken payment twice from my bank account .The ticket system they use is ridiculous.So confusing .Basically i had a problem at check out with my bank card it kept saying try again.I tried twice then again with a different card .Still no joy or so i thought .A few days later i realised the item was ordered 3 times .I obviously don’t need 3 wedding dresses so i tried to cancel .This is virtually impossible because of the ticket system they use .I finally managed to sort the order and they refunded me for one order .Now i am still waiting for a refund for another ,I have sent bank statements proving they have taken the payment twice.But still no joy .They think because i have had one refund they owe me nothing .No matter how many times i contact them they do not understand.So basically i have paid for 3 dresses ,refunded for one ,received one still not got the other money back"
"I ordered a blazer along with some other items for the same size to check how this company works and if satisfied to continue shopping from them. Unfortunately the size guide in the website was wrong and I asked to replace it and then started all the fuss. They were asking continuously for proof with pictures about the size and I had to send twice the email with pictures to prove what I was saying. I have returned the item 1 month ago ( I had to pay for the cost of the delivery back although the mistake was not mine but was on lightinthebox who had wrong size guide) and still I have not received any refund and they are telling me that they still have not received the package that I had sent it tracked and I know that it has been delivered. Terrible customer service. If you are lucky enough to find your size then fine otherwise It does not worth the trouble. It has been 2 months now since I made the order, the company still keeps my money that I could use to order sth else. All these exist in messages"
"I have waited a month for my order. It was not clear to me that the item was coming from China. While I was out today the Post Office could not deliver the item and left a card saying I have to pay customs duty charge of £11.09. The bag that I ordered was only around £15 so postage and extra charges cost more than the bag! I would never have ordered it if the supplier had been honest and made me aware. So now I have to go online and pay the Post Office so they can deliver in a couple of days. I will write another review if the goods are poor!"
"Product is good but delivery is shocking - initial quote of 6-12 days, shipped next day with no tracking. Weeks passed and when chased, customer services said it could be up to 38 days before they consider looking in to it and has even been as much as 60 days before. Finally turned up about 4 weeks after ordering, very poor service and customer care. Also, so dissatisfied with the service that I have tried several times to unsubscribe from all mails and I'm still getting several emails per day!!"
"I have written a review recently and although I have now received 10 of my refunds , I have now reveived a card from the Royal Mail and parcel force saying I have to pay customs duty to receive the items. I never did receive any confirmation of an order being placed and no where did yhey say you had to pay customs to receive your item. An absolute disgrace. I look forward to receiving my money back into my account."
"Ordered some black and white dance shoes for £24.29 on September 9th. 2018. They added £8.39 'shipping and insurance. Shoes arrived at the end of September, and I paid £12.64 'Customs/postal charges' to receive the parcel containing....two left shoes. I informed them immediately, and went into their 'ticket' system of complaint resolution. Lots of communication; they did everything except return my money. Paypal were excellent. I got the £32.68 back through their complaints resolution process, but am over £27 out of pocket as they insisted I send the shoes back to Hong Kong by tracked delivery. Incidentally, why do most of the five-star reviews look as if they've been translated from another language? They are not QUITE right, idiomatically."
Light In The Box UK is rated 2.46 based on 96 reviews