Light In The Box UK Reviews

6% of reviewers recommend Light In The Box UK

How would you rate Light In The Box UK ?

"It wasn't clear where the order was being sent from before purchase, but as soon as I discovered it was coming from China, I sent a cancellation request and this was BEFORE the order had been collected by the courier. This request was ignored as was another request to cancel BEFORE the order had been collected by the courier. Naturally I refused to accept delivery of an order that I had cancelled but despite all of this I was told I would not get a full refund as the dress had been dispatched, despite me clearly demonstrating that this is against my statutory rights as a consumer and written evidence that the dress had not been dispatched before my cancellation requests where sent. Section 34 of The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 states: (2) The trader must reimburse any payment for delivery received from the consumer, unless the consumer expressly chose a kind of delivery costing more than the least expensive common and generally acceptable kind of delivery offered by the trader. (8) The trader must not impose any fee on the consumer in respect of the reimbursement. Search "The Consumer Contracts" on your chosen search engine as you'll find loads of info on it. I don't believe that a company as large as this doesn't understand it's legal obligations to it's customers, so the only conclusion I can draw is that they simply ignore them. I have collected all of the evidence and the full timeline of events, all of which is being prepared for submission to Trading Standards. The arrogance of the customer service team that I dealt with is astonishing and without doubt this is the worst company I have ever dealt with by a long way. I did politely explain very early on that I was entitled to a full refund from this company and in the end that's exactly what I got, albeit via a charge back through my credit card company. If you're not familiar with the charge back process, it's where a dispute is settled via your credit card company and if they decide in your favor, they take the money from the trader and give it back to you. In short, I got all of my money back, Light in The box lost all of the money from the order, lost the item (at the time of writing this it's still in the UK delivery depot), lost loads of time arguing with me and lost a number of customers in the process. It's such a shame as I gave many opportunities for this to be rectified during the month long dispute, which spanned over 45 messages, but Light In The Box weren't interested. It's also worth noting that their web site won't let me post my review, claiming "Server Busy", I notice that my order number is in the URL given for me to post my review (automatically sent very early on in the dispute) and I was signed in to my account with them, so if I was feeling cynical I'd say there's a possibly that I might not be able to post my review on their site, as it shows a side of their business that they'd rather keep out of the public eye. If you are brave enough to order from this company, then I wish you the best of luck."
"They will rob you! Worst service ever, absolutely disgusted. I would rate zero if I could. I processed a complaint with the company due to unwarned customs charges. To get my parcel from the post office I was asked to pay over £13 on top of the original order and delivery price. This was not made clear to me throughout the ordering process. I wasn't even made aware of where my products were coming from, so I had no way of knowing these extra costs would occur because the website failed to give any indication of this. I couldn't afford customs charges on top of the order, I told the company I felt it was unfair to trick me by quoting a false final price. They wouldn't cover customs charges, so I requested a return and full refund. They then told me I wouldn't get a full refund, instead extra handling, customs and extra delivery charges would be removed from what I paid! Even though I've not ever received the item! And they haven't even bothered to confirm what price refund I would get after I've asked them twice. The customer service is appalling, they've just copied and pasted routine responses, argued with me, refused to help and ignored half of my questions. They say "it's out of their control" and "they couldn't predict customs costs" - this is a lie. They could predict it because I provided my address, I couldn't predict it because I wasn't even made aware! They 100% have the ability to help and offer me a full refund, but they don't understand the concepts of helpful service, complaint resolution and goodwill. I am disgusted. I feel robbed, ripped off and disrespected. I've lost my money for nothing. I have reported to an ombudsman. DO NOT SHOP HERE. IT'S NOT WORTH IT."
"what everyone else say below is true, DO NOT BUY FROM THESE GUYS! You will pay on time and then you will never see your package ever! You can contact customer service and they will send you a standard reply telling you to wait longer and longer on every message. First is 7-10 days, then 14, then 20, then 30 now is 35. and i expect this to grow because there is still no sign of my package. Customer service are a bunch of dishonest liars, helpless and they only waste your time without attempting to resolve any issue. I've contacted the manager twice and neither of the 2 managers was capable to reply to ONE of my questions, they have completely ignored my message and just replied with the standard "wait longer"message because my package "might" be delayed. I have even paid for insurance so that if my package is lost or damaged i would get "a new one shipped out immediately" but that is not an option for them. I am trying to cancel but they basically told me that is better to wait for the package and keep it because returning it it will be at my expenses and they will refund only when THEY get the package back"!!! The fact that I have paid and didn't received anything is not important for them. What's important for them is your money and once they have it you're on your own. If you want to waste your time throw your money in the bin, it's quicker. You've been warned!"
"DISGUSTED > I ordered a pair of shoes for my wedding and as the order confirmation came through the estimated delivery was 8-21 working days. This left me with little to no time to know if the shoes would fit and a chance to wear them in ahead of our big day. I immediately emailed the customer service team ( though their contact details are well hidden!!) 10 minutes later. The reply I received said the shoes had already be sent. This was surely a bare faced lie - unless they were tied to a snails back and sent out. I was then told I would have to wait until they arrived and then send them back ( from the UK back to the US!!). Again a tactic to force the sale through. They took the money from my account and 14 days later there is no sign of the order. Will never use this company again."
Claire Taylor
Verified Reviewer
"Terrible Service!! The item took 2 months to arrive, no responses from anyone on where my item was or how it could be tracked. I finally received a notification from Royal Mail advising that the item's postage was not paid in full and it would cost me an additional £13.01! So I've paid £16 for delivery of an item that took 2 months to get to me! I have complained to a supervisor to no avail. They say I should have taken out the insurance to cover the customs cost. Disgusting, DO NOT BUY THROUGH THIS COMPANY!!!"
"order ref 1803110428419129 I ordered a custom made dress. Because i have a large bust, i specified shoulder to bust measurements and other measurements needed to ensure that the dress fitted and the waist is at the right place etc. They could not cope, so i asked for my order to be cancelled. Bear in mind that they were still confirming my measurements for the order at the point i cancelled. Now they are trying to claim that they have already started the creation process and deny me a full refund. How can they have started the creation process and started using materials when they have yet to confirm the measurements for the dress."
AVOID LIGHT IN THE BOX
Verified Reviewer
"The worst customer service ever. I bought a pair of light up trainers and 1 of them wont charge up. My daughter has only worn them once. They cost over £30. They offered a £5 refund or an £8 voucher. I didn't want to give them 1 star but you cant give zero. Avoid this cheap and nasty site at all costs."
"Cheap, falesly labelled products, very poor after sales service, basically ignore you. DONT BUY STUFF FROM THEM. WASTE OF MONEY"
Jonathan Boyd
Verified Reviewer
"Ordered some warm white led lighting strips from them and they only offered expedited delivery 3-4 days. After 11 days and a few emails the lights arrived in a badly damaged box from China, I managed to fix the damage to the lights to get them on and lo and behold they are Cool white so not only did I pay for expedited delivery and not get it but I have received a damaged item amthats not even the right item and light in the box aren't even replying to my emails asking for the issue to be fixed. Don't bother with these clowns."
"Read a lot of negative reviews about this company but I have to say in there defence I have had no problems with them. Having said that I brought a watch and I decided to return it with in a certain time they stipulate, as it did not function as i expected and was refunded without any issues. They responded every step of the way through the return process and I was most impressed to be honest the best after sale service ever I was a bit shocked especially after all the bad reviews I had read. Also I had to pay £8.70 to return the item to make sure it was insured (Item £35.00) value. They refunded that as well big surprise so for me I would have no problem using them again and recommending them. I am astonished at the negative reviews they I sure people are quick to moan when somthing goes wrong but not so quick to praise good service. Well done LIGHTINTHEBOX."
"Everything. Delivery time. customer services, quality of goods and appearance not as advertised. I've read many reviews and find there is almost no chance of a refund. Stay away."
"Awful. I ordered an item on 08/06/17 with a shipping of time of 9 - 14 business days. The item never arrived they have since changed the expected delivery multiple times, '38-40 days'; 'up to 60 days' and now it's 'up to 180 days'. They will not give me a refund despite repeated requests and I now receive a 'cut & paste' stock reply to my requests. I would give this company no stars or minus stars if I could!"
"I initially ordered a bike from light in the box, when the item arrived it was faulty and the wrong colour frame so I arranged and paid to send it back which they accepted. When I sent the bike back to their warehouse in Poland I asked them to send me the correct colour frame and sent pictures of the faults, when the replacement arrived after a week it was the same bike they sent in the first place with even more faults, I arranged to send the bike back again, but this time asked for a full refund. I was told by transglobal light in the box have refused to accept the faulty bike at their warehouse and they are also telling me I never sent the bike back to them so they are not refunding me the money and to top it off received a customs and duty charge for nearly £200 which I paid extra to cover this cost when initially ordering the bike, but I am also now being told I have to pay even after they told they would cover the customs charge. So I have not been refunded for the bike and I also have to pay the customs charge and I don't even have the bike either! I cannot explain how upset I am about the way I have been treated as a customer. Please be careful when you shop with Light in the box!"
"Items ordered and quoted 10 days delivery - these items weren't dispatched for a further week and now (a month later) their eventual response to my contact is that it can take 30 WORKING days (or 2 months in real time) from the date of dispatch. This is what you get when you deal with China, a complete disregard for the rules others play by."
"Bad company Scrap : Light in the box limited litbinthebox Scrap Liang Zhang hi5wholesaler@gmail.com contact@lightinthebox.com If you order with this compagny a big order you may not received anything because they use Intelcom to cover falsification fraud ! Intelcom sign your name ! And you don’t receive your items at all ! Bad company Scrap : Intelcom Express 1380 Rue William #200, Montréal, QC H3C 1R5 Téléphone : 514-937-0430 Signature total falsification fraud ! Intelcom sign your name ! And you don’t receive your items at all !"
"VERY VERY BAD quailty of product DO NOT BUY FROM THEM!!"
"It's not clear that these items are shipped from China. Items delivered were poorly made, bits were broken and items incurred MASSIVE undisclosed shipping costs. Avoid unless you enjoy being ripped off."
Light In The Box UK is rated 1.24 based on 17 reviews