Lifeline 24 Reviews

of reviewers recommend Lifeline 24
customer service

Tell us how Lifeline 24 made you happy
Would you like to tell us a bit more about why you decided to purchase a personal alarm? yes
Only one day after installing the Lifeline24 system, I received five fault alarms within 24 hours. After being told by each of the Lifeline24 emergency call operators that my pendant has a low battery, I examined the pendant & noticed it was used and not new. The fifth fault alarm occurred when the neck strap clasp holding the pendant came loose & the pendant fell into the toilet. I had no fault alarms after the pendant took a bath in the toilet, as I did not wear it again & ordered a wrist alarm.
Dear Mr Love,

Thank you for your feedback.

I am sorry to hear that the fall detector had a low battery when it reached you, this is certainly most unusual as all of our equipment is pre-programmed and tested before we send it out to our customers. I have passed this information on to our dispatch team to investigate further.

Having checked our system I can see that a replacement batter was sent out to you on next day delivery service as soon as the automated report had alerted us to the situation. As part of the safety precaution the equipment is set to detect low battery well in advance and the pendant would still operate fine for a long time from the original report making sure that in instances where a low battery is reported our customers are not left vulnerable unable to use the service.

I am glad to hear that you have received the replacement fall detector and are pleased with it.

If I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us on 0800 999 0400 and ask for myself.

Anny
Hi, Just become a new lifeline 24 customer.So far service good,but very disappointed being charged £35 for setup fee,for data and admin !,when other companies "set up" means that they come to your property and physically "set the system up"!!!!!
Dear Customer,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.

I hope that you have now been able to set up your alarm using the easy to follow installation guide that arrived with it. If you do require any further guidance, please give our friendly Customer Services Team a call on 0800 999 0400. We have a team of Technical Experts on hand who would be happy to talk you through this process.

As well as the initial administration involved in setting up your account, our new customer set up fee also covers the cost of pre-programming of the equipment so that it can arrive with you as plug and play. In addition to this we do not charge any further administration fees for the lifetime of the account and you are able to make as many changes to the information we hold on file as you would like.

Once again, I would like to thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback, this will help us to improve our service for our future customers.

If there is anything further we can do to be of assistance, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us on 0800 999 0400.

Kind Regards,
Anna.
As an active 87 year old, I wanted an alarm that would work in my garden. The advertising literature says it is suitable but I have an old house with thick walls and it can't detect the pendant. I explained this to the LifeLine operator on the phone before I ordered it and he said that I could return it if it didn't work. I duly paid, found it didn't work and returned it. Over a month later and I am chasing LifeLine for my money back. They have prevaricated and now I am told that I will get a refund minus the £35 set up charge. That wasn't explained to me when I ordered it! Disappointed and annoyed with LifeLine.
Dear Ms Gibby,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback, it is greatly appreciated.

I am sorry to hear that the alarm did not work outside of your property, however, in some cases such as yours, if the walls in the building are too thick they might prevent the signal being transmitted from the pendant outside of the property through to the alarm box.

I have looked further into the refund you have been issued and on this occasion as a gesture of goodwill I have arranged for the set up fee to be refunded to you, this will be processed shortly.

I am sorry for any inconvenience caused and do hope this resolution is to your satisfaction. Should you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Anny
I have been waiting for 1 week to be told to go ahead and test the alarm they said 24 - 48 hrs. I’m still waiting Alex
Dear Mr Martin,

Thank you for submitting a review, your feedback is appreciated.

I have searched the order ID, however, this it seems to be incorrect.
To enable me to assist you further, please could you kindly provide correct order ID and will check this for you.

It is our company procedure that once your new customer form has been received the alarm would be ready to be tested within 24-48 and an email confirmation is always sent to acknowledge receipt and to advise our customers of this, please could you kindly check your email inbox for such correspondence?

Anny
Connected alarm for my mum, made contact with call centre but they didn’t have any details about her setup. Had sent in information Friday morning and setup and tested on Monday. Operator telephone back 30 minutes later and set they had now setup her details. I said we will do another test call to check everything, but he said it was not necessary. How do we know they have been setup correctly?
Good Afternoon,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, we appreciate your feedback. I'm sorry to hear about the first time experience you have had with your mother's alarm system.

As the alarm connected to our team when you initially tested, it sounds as though everything is setup correctly in regards to the equipment itself. Please do feel free to test the alarm whenever you wish, to put your mind at ease.

If there is anything else we can help you with at all, please don't hesitate to contact our customer service team on 0800 999 0400.

Lifeline24
Very disappointed with the set up. I took a lot of time and trouble to enter my aunt's details on line. When we first tested the alarm we were told no details were registered and it couldn't be used. Went home and called Lifeline24 and were told that the details were all there and they would check with the call centre to find out why they didn't have them. Phoned to test things yesterday and the call centre lady left us to deal with another call. Think we're set up now but who knows!.Joyce
Dear Mrs Cahill,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I am sorry to hear of the initial experience you have had. I have arranged for a member of our customer service team to get in touch and ensure that you have managed to complete the testing steps.

If you would like to discuss anything in the meantime, please do get in touch on 0800 999 0400 and we will be more than happy to assist you.
Thank you again for your feedback.

Lifeline24
I had a bad experience with the testing of the equipment- the two women I spoke to were really unhelpful, verging on rude. I decided to cancel the subscription. On the positive side, the Lifeline customer services were great. I understand that the answering of the alarms is outsourced to another company.
Dear Customer,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I am sorry to hear of your experience when testing the equipment. I would like to reassure you that this is not the level of service that we aim to provide.

I can confirm that this occurrence has been looked into and is being raised directly with management.

We really appreciate your feedback so that we are able to address the issue that you faced. If you would like to discuss the matter further, please do get in touch with our customer service team on 0800 999 0400.

Anna
haven't been able to install it yet and I paid £35 for installation charges ??
Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, though I'm sorry to hear that you have not yet been able to set up your alarm.

As our equipment has the latest plug-and-play technology, it does not require an engineer to come out to fit it and so installation is not something that we charge for. The one-off £35 fee covers the pre-programming of the equipment and all administration for the account. I apologise if this is not something that was made clear to you.

I have arranged for a member of our customer service team to give you a call this afternoon to answer any questions you may have, and they will be able to talk you through the set-up if you require any further assistance.

Please accept my apologies again for any confusion or inconvenience caused.

If there is anything else that we can do to help you at all please do let us know. Our Customer Service Team can be reached on 0800 999 0400.

Lifeline24 Team
excellent service when ordering, equipment arrived promptly and was easy to install, but when doing the testing, the last person we spoke to was very abrupt, sounded irritatered and bored and i got the impression she couldnt wait to put the phone down, which spoilt the whole experience which is why the star rating i chose was 'poor'.
Took approx 6 weeks from point of sales to installation. Your set up is too focussed on internet which for a 93 year without such a service is somewhat difficult. Your letter of introduction never received due to incorrect address/postage?? The address for the unit was incorrect but finally reached destination. Whilst the call centre staff are friendly and customer focussed, company does not appear pro-active in ensuring follow up i.e., credit card details and initial call made but no follow up when customer set-up requirements not received after point of sale (as mentioned the letter never arrived). In addition, your service is expensive compared to others in this market place so would have expected better. Thank you Peter (Carer for Ken) 00 353 85 85 88 014
Dear Mr Snell,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I am extremely sorry to hear of the time it has taken to get the alarm equipment set up and running. I can understand that the use of our online forms can be difficult for some elderly people. In these instances, it tends to be family members, friends or carers that help to organise the set up. When this is also not possible, we have the option of a paper copy for those that would find this more convenient. Our customer service team is also open 7 days a week to assist with any queries, they can be reached on 1 800 937543.

With regards to the address, we always ensure all addresses are verified using an Eircode finder. If you would like us to investigate this with GLS further, please contact myself directly on the above number.

We do offer a price match guarantee, if a customer receives a cheaper quote for the same service, we will match it.

I would like to thank you again for your feedback, and I apologise for any inconvenience that has been caused.

If there is anything more I can do for you at all, or if you would like to discuss the experience further, please don’t hesitate to contact me on 1 800 937543.

Philippa
I received an email notification from you asking me to add an extra emergency contact detail, which I had every intention of doing anyway. I have sent you 2 emails so far requesting instructions on how to change my contacts information but have had no replies except for this review form. I will try to phone customer services to see whether I can get in the information I require.
Unfortunately I needed to cancel my order as my grandparents decided that they did not want the product after all. Although the contact centre team were helpful and prompt in response to my emails, they initially failed to offer the full refund I was entitled to under distance selling regulations and by virtue of the fact that we had not been presented with the terms and conditions to read and sign, having not yet worked through the new customer registration process. I had to specifically challenge their response to get the full refund including the £35 "new customer fee". I believe this is terrible service for a company that deals primarily with vulnerable people; if Lifeline24 had been dealing directly with my grandparents, I know they would not have challenged the initial response. The matter was rectified, but then I also had to chase up the refund as it had still not been processed three weeks after returning the equipment.
Dear Customer,

We are so sorry to hear of your distress regarding this matter. We do aim to provide a swift, friendly and flexible service and do sincerely apologise that we have not been able to deliver such a service on this occasion.

We hope that the refund has now appeared in your bank account and once again, please accept our sincerest apologies for the experience you have had.

We wish you all the best.

Louisa
Waiting for reply to the form I submitted and permission to connect up?
Dear Mrs Malley,

Thank you for your feedback.

We apologise for the delay in the confirmation of your forms being processed, it is possible that the email we sent was lost in transit. We have now resent the confirmation that the alarm can be connected and tested.

If you have any other enquires of this nature at any time please call 0800 999 0400 and our customer service team will be happy to help you.

We apologise again for the inconvenience to you.

Caroline.
Delivery efficient and set up easy. Checking system was working was hurried and no consideration given to age of caller. Thought there was a very strict check to be done and then get rid of them.
Your advertising on line, implies that the annual cost is £119.00. But with a set up fee of £39.00. The first years payment is £158.00. The second years payment is £154.00. So your annual costs are not £119.00. A little confusing I thought. Apart from that I believe the service is excellent.
could you please tell me what is involved in set up. I assumed it meant someone would come and do this for me, as I have nobody able to do this for me. Also free next day delivery was not so.
I came home from hospital last Thursday, expecting to be connected next day. The packet didn't arrive on Friday but 2 came on Saturday. We rang your number, and were told nothing could be done until the form was received. This was completed and sent online, but as it was Saturday, still nothing was done till Monday, when finally I was told I would be connected yesterday, Tuesday. I had paid for this in advance and expected a 24 service as promised in the sales literature
Pricing on the website was misleading and not as clear as other providers. The 33p per day did not indicate that it had been calculated on the special opening offer of 3 months free and could be implied that this is the continuing cost. Also the 3 months free did not say we were paying for 9 months. It could be taken that the price indicated was for 12 months and a further 3 months was added without charge. Another site with a similar opening offer made this completely clear. When the direct debit letter came indicating the renewal charge this was far more than I anticipated and I felt like reporting you to the Advertising Standards Agency.
The staff at Lifeline are great and helpful, thank you! However, it is never made clear that the system may not work in all cases - i.e. the alarm will not work if the phoneline is engaged. Yes, this could be gotten around by spending £15 per phone point and purchasing an extra thingy. Staff do not seem to know how many of these are needed nor exactly what causes it. So the person with the system is left confused and lacking in confidence, not a great start!
I am hard of hearing. Fortunately I had a friend with me when I first logged in because the man who answered was clearly not English and I could not understand his accent. Also he called me Patreesha. Pat, Patricia or Mrs Manning would have been fine. Also the black wristband looks trashy and hardly likely to last perpetual wear.
Lifeline 24 is rated 4.80 based on 3,697 reviews