Laver Reviews

of reviewers recommend Laver
Read Laver Reviews

08081811920

info@laveronline.co.uk

Tell us how Laver made you happy
I ordered some sleepers from Laver about a month or so ago. After I placed the order, I received a confirmation from the local Deputy Manager saying they’d received it, and would get in touch to arrange the delivery. After a week, I hadn’t heard anything, so I tried to call - when I did, someone answered the call, but hung up. I then emailed the Deputy Manager back, but never heard a response. I left it another week, then called again and finally got through - when I asked when I might receive the delivery, they looked up my order and found it would be delivered the next day. This was great, as I didn’t have to wait much longer, but pretty poor in terms of communication (it stated on the website, you’d be able to work out a delivery date with the company, not just be told when it’s coming). It was also being delivered from a subcontractor, which I also wasn’t too happy about. When the product arrived, it was all good except for one of the sleepers that had a bit of damage. They didn’t offer to replace it, and as we’d waited quite a long time for the product, we didn’t bother to ask for one. All in all, we’re happy with the sleepers, but the delivery service and communication could really be improved - this is especially true when you’re being charged almost £60 for delivery, which is a massive charge compared to other places. The only reason I stuck with Laver for the delivery was that it was in stock and in total came to a slightly cost (inc.delivery) as a local competitor, whose delivery charge took it over slightly (but was only £20). In all honesty, I’m not sure I would order from Laver again, unless the service improved.
Good morning Jess Thanks for your review and we apologies on the lack of communication. Some of our depots are still short staffed due to furlough. I will ask the Bristol depot manager about this order and advise you accordingly Kind Regards Ben
Addition to previous review re decking.after a further phone call, decking was sent out just in time before my guys walked off the job.thanks but let's not cut it so fine next time fellas.
Good morning, thanks for this second review. Alas, without your order reference number, I am having difficulty in seeing any order you placed with Arnold Laver? Was it placed online or directly with one of our UK depots? Which one please? Thanks
Quality products
The product looks adequate from the data on the internet but it is not available to examine.
The prices were OK, the planned delivery date was good, the driver that turned up was very good. It's a shame that the driver on the previous days round had forgot to put my load on their truck!
Quality of wood was excellent . The system of paying online, going in and waiting to get a slip, then waiting 20mins for someone to get wood, then going back inside to wait another 10mins to get more paper is ridiculous. Waste of paper and my time/your time. For online orders I think they could streamline this to going straight to collection point with printed or even on phone receipt of payment.
Placed the order a week ago and although I should have had contact from the local depot within 2 working days, still haven't heard a dicky bird. Suppose I'd better call them to chase it up, but I'm a bit disappointed that I have to. Fortunately I'm not in a great hurry..... but definitely a bit average so far....
I ordered online with the promise of a call within 3days, when my goods would be ready to collect. I received no call or text. I had to ring Lavers myself 7days later and after a short delay was told that they would be ready to collect. I went to the Bradford depot to collect. They had no record of my order but supplied the items from stock that they had in. Good job I had printed off my order.
Delivery prompt, driver helpful and friendly - 5 star for customer service. Disappointed in the 6 sheets of 4mm ply, as most had damaged edges and or areas where the outer layer was damaged. Some had these areas painted with some white paint presumably to afford some protection. I was able to cut the panels I wanted from each sheet, and perhaps my expectations were too high - but next time I would certainly inspect each panel before signing for the delivery. I would also discuss, before ordering, what counts as a minor blemish versus a damaged product. I have always used this company for my hardwood requirements and will continue to do so, albeit on an occasional basis. Looking forward to giving a 5 star rating in the future. Paul
Order placed last week and still awaiting delivery. Rang this morning to ascertain when delivery would be and am still waiting for a return cal at midday
The product was priced well and was as described. The customer service on collection was poor. Staff had a poor attitude and we're not helpful to someone who's not visited the yard before.
Good quality timber, however they didn't deliver on the day that I was told. Had to ring up to find out when it wasn't coming on that day but scheduled for the following day,
Compared to a local builders merchants the price was good.The website is well designed and it was easy to find what I wanted. I was phoned the day after placing the order online to arrange a delivery day. All good so far. At 4.30 on delivery day it was looking like a no show so I phoned the depot. Driver delayed so was now due to be delivered the day after. What time I asked. Nobody knew, call in the morning. So I did and still no information. Eventually delivered around lunchtime. It took a long time to unload because other customers wood was on top and had to be moved off first. The wood I got was in good condition but a lot longer than ordered (4.8m vs 1.8m) .... more wood for the same price, but heavier lifting and extra cutting for me. Arnold Laver, if you seriously want 5* reviews then you need to sort your communication and procedures out - within your own team and with the customer. I wasn't told about the delay. Nobody checked with me if longer lengths were ok. The drivers schedule and whoever loaded up clearly didn't match. The depot office had no idea about delivery schedules. Everyone was friendly, trying to be helpful but in this instance your operation proved to be disorganised.
As timber was ordered by total metre length I gave additional details of the longer lengths needed for my project to make sure I could get the right cuts from it as delivered. When I checked following delivery I had been sent only the specific lengths I had mentioned and not the total length I had ordered. Probably partially my fault for not being clear enough in my additional notes, but as the amount I was sent was less than ordered and paid for I would gave expected this to be queried before delivery. Of course according to the small print I should have checked the order before the delivery driver left, but this is not always practicable and no doubt wouldn't be welcome by the driver if everyone insisted on doing it! One visually checks the quality and if the quantity looks right you trust that you have been sent the amount that you paid for. Next time I will be making the driver wait!
Very happy with purchase, customer service was very good over the phone to arrange delivery, however I didn't rate the delivery man, didn't find him helpful or coutious to help me move a very large and heavy 3m worktop from one side of the hall way to the other. I took that quite personal.
The product was competitively priced. I selected collection but two days later I had a phone call from the driver saying he was at my house (I wasn't there as wasn't expecting a delivery!). Some if the skirting was slightly damaged but I managed to cut that out and overall lost about a metre. I opened the last packet today to find it was the wrong skirting. So now need to call and get it exchanged. It's put me behind on my schedule now. I just hope it's exchanged quickly.
The person who contacted me from the store was extremely helpful. However he said the delivery driver would deliver in the afternoon on the agreed day and that the driver would text me an hour before he arrived to let me know he was coming. The delivery driver actually arrived in the morning and did not send a text. Luckily I was at home.
Not quite sure why I've been asked to write a review as I cancelled the order due to delivery taking a week. There was nothing at the checkout telling me this so I proceeded to order, but then cancelled when I realised how long it would take. I ordered tuesday (needed by saturday to finish a decking project) but Lavers couldn't deliver until the following tuesday so I ordered from elsewhere on thursday and rec'd friday. I STILL HAVEN'T RECEIVED A REFUND!
The service was great - but the product was poor. Then again it was only £5 worth of external timber.
I placed an order for 13 sheets of 18mm and six sheets of 9mm Medite MDF. The 18mm arrived but not the 9mm still waiting. There was no communication from the office but at least the driver was very helpful. Just a normal to poor level of service and communication which is what I have come to expect from the majority of suppliers.
Laver is rated 3.89 based on 466 reviews