Laver Reviews

of reviewers recommend Laver
Read Laver Reviews

08081811920

info@laveronline.co.uk

Tell us how Laver made you happy
Website needs some work. I make and install fitted furniture and needed some Medite MR MDF in a hurry. I ordered two sheets of 22mm and two of 9mm for click and collect and it clearly said ‘items in stock’ at checkout. I expected a text to say the items were ready but instead got a phone call to say they were not in stock and would be available in 7-10 working days. Come on Laver, why not tell me that at checkout? You just deserved a two star review because the guy who phoned me was apologetic and polite. Others be wary when you order online and check your purchase is actually in stock...
Laver should not take orders for timber they cannot supply this caused a longer delay and excessive expense.
Slightly disappointed with lavers on this occasion. I understood the delivery being late in the current climate but communication that it would not arrive on the date indicated on the invoice would have helped. In addition to this the external plywood clearly indicates that it is for interior use only and had become damaged by the strapping. The damage was not apparent until it was unpacked at which point I had already signed for the delivery so was unable to complain.
Lovely, item and customer phone contact, however delivery not acceptable!! Work tops arrived a day late and was left on drive as item was too heavy for driver?? If you know what your delivering send the correct manpower, cost me an extra £40, to call my joiner to move item from driveway as it was raining, delivery service should state doorstep delivery!! Not happy
Hello Sheena, thanks for this, we have passed this on to the relevant depot director to look into this issue further. Apologies for any inconvenience.
I only ordered from Laver as I was assured before purchase that I could arrange a delivery date that suited me. In short, I was told the local store would contact me within a couple of days to arrange delivery. Two days after puchase I arrive home from work to find timber sitting on my driveway soaked through from a day of torrential rain. Delivery note that required me to check all pieces before lorry left was stuffed though my postbox.
Good morning Mr Taylor, we apologise for this issue and we are asking the Bristol Depot Director to investigate and once we know what went wrong, we will respond accordingly. Thanks Laver Online
Ordered online no problem. Day of delivery told it would be early, phoned at 3pm told on it's way. Phoned again 430 still on it's way, 530 still on way will get driver to call. Finally 630 with no call lorry arrived. Had a few bits of damaged timber boards. Won't use again.
Hello, thanks for the feedback. We will investigate this and also take this up with the depot director at Borehamwood.
8 days to get 1 lenth kota it stinks. i should have paid a bit more and got it within 2 days. the best of it is last year i could have walked into oldbury branch and purchased over the counter but some idiot has closed direct sales to the public. Over the years i have spent thousands at Lavers not any more .
Hello We will pass this onto the depot director. Apologies.
Driver was given a wrong address and not told that I was a pensioner on my own, even though I had highlighted this when I was phoned confirming my order. I told the caller that I was a pensioner unable to help. Because it was a large load, 70 no. 150mm x 4.2 m he the driver declined to offload and was going to return to the depot. I contacted my builder, at a cost to myself, who came to help offload. I am disappointed that information requested by you and given by myself wasn't passed on to the poor driver who was left with a dilemma when he arrived. This load should have been delivered on a craned vehicle to avoid all these issues. I think you need to review your lack of communication skills among your office staff to avoid such situations in the future.
Hello Thanks for your review, we have passed onto the relevant depot to see where we went wrong on this order. We do apologise in advance.
Ordered a sheet of High Gloss MFC, but requested sheet to be cut into 5 pieces across the length. Cost of approx. £7-00 per cut (Must be a gold tip TCT blade). Took a few weeks to get the sheet and as I was not at home when it arrived I requested it to be placed on my driveway. In the evening I removed the cardboard packaging only to find black strap marks on the high gloss finish, the cut edges with several chips an one piece badly damaged on two ends. Contacted Laver and apart from apologing, "What would you like us to do to resolve ?" was the response. Disappointed!
kota mouldings just looked like had come from a coal mine and the wrappings were all ripped so the mouldings are not all fit for the purpose they were bought for ,i emailed about that fact but have not received a reply
Impressed with the website and products but was given wrong information by your depot on lead times and availability which didn't result in an order being placed. I'm also still waiting for a refund !
Good afternoon Mr Corner, sorry you feel you had a poor service. We have left a message on your mobile (the one you used to place the order) about your refund. Please contact us on 0843 3821920. Kind Regards Laver Online
I had to contact laver to see if my order was ready to collect,they said they would contact me on arrival of my order. When I went to collect my order i was roughly pointed out where my order was,bare in mind there were 4 long pieces of skirting boards, I asked for assistance to carry these to my vehicle,but they said that they were all busy,I don't think standing about chatting to each other was being busy,I then had to fetch my wife to help me carry the boards while the staff stood and watched,well done lavers
After sending 2 emails with no response from yourselves about when to expect my order. My order did arrive with no notice, email or call to arrange this, luckily i was in to accept it, would it have been re-delivered if i wasn't in?? who knows. I think your customer service really needs working on!!
Over 5 days since order. Still waiting on delivery date. No communication.
The collection depot is closed on weekends. Fine if you are in the trade and you can call in between jobs but hopeless if you are a weekend DIY enthusiast. By the time I finish work in the evening you are closed! You are also closed all weekend! PLEASE STATE ON YOUR WEBSITE THAT THIS SERVICE IS NOT FOR THE GENERAL PUBLIC!
Ordered 13 oak internal doors same brand and style. 5 delivered ok, 2 delivered were the wrong style, remaining 5 delivered were water damaged so altogether 7 not accepted and returned. Reported on the day to the branch but heard nothing since about when I can expect the remaining 7 doors.
ordered just 4 pieces of timber on line on Aug 23 for a simple job and organised a joiner based on delivery promised. paid immediately the £93 which included £20 delivery charge now told that delivery will be Sept 6 ( i am not available on sept 5) 2 week delivery these days I think is a bit long. perhaps you should indicate on your website that people buying just small quantities are a low priority for yourselves
Delivery was scheduled and never happened. Had to collect my order seven working days after ordering. Not impressed.
I placed an order on-line & fully paid for Upstands to match the worktop I recently had purchased, cut & fitted a few weeks previously, only to find out the following day that the product had been discontinued. £10.69 was taken from my account 21/07/16 and I'm still waiting for the money to be returned
50% of the timber delivered was badly warped out of shape, this delayed build time increasing cost, not happy.
Laver is rated 3.90 based on 465 reviews