Laver Reviews

65% of reviewers recommend Laver
Courier, Own Driver

How would you rate Laver ?

"Very good quality products supported by effeicent and knowledgeable staff. Beats the competition 'hands down' in terms of product quality."
"Bought some 3.6m lengths of 19mm x100mm rough sawn timber- local branch (Newcastle) didn't stock it so got it in from Bradford. I was told I couldn't order it by 'phone - had to order online. Arrived on time - helpful driver. Very disappointed with the quality - I know it's fencing timber but some of this is firewood grade ! Also, I can't understand why ordering online is cheaper than ordering in branch"
"Purchased loose timber for fence, all sawn sections. Timber was dry and straight, price was good and delivery well organised and on time."
"Good seler....."
"My first experience of buying from Laver. Very impressed. Will definitely be back."
"First class service, fast delivery."
"Great company I wish I'd found sooner. Prices are less than half of wickes and the timber is good quality. Only problem for me is that my local depot (hull) isn't open at the weekends."
"Ordering online is easy, so easy in fact rang up up to confirm my order. Staff friendly and helpful. Had difficulty getting what I wanted elsewhere, no problem at Laver and prices are very good too. Laver will be my prefered supplier in future."
"Order arrived day before expected with excellent assistance from driver. We were kept informed of delivery day and time throughout. Brilliant service and will use again. Timber very acceptable quality."
"Good timber delivery driver superb"
"Ordered a sheet of High Gloss MFC, but requested sheet to be cut into 5 pieces across the length. Cost of approx. £7-00 per cut (Must be a gold tip TCT blade). Took a few weeks to get the sheet and as I was not at home when it arrived I requested it to be placed on my driveway. In the evening I removed the cardboard packaging only to find black strap marks on the high gloss finish, the cut edges with several chips an one piece badly damaged on two ends. Contacted Laver and apart from apologing, "What would you like us to do to resolve ?" was the response. Disappointed!"
"worst experience buying materials, First we wait for prices more than a week, first order was 1 item wrong, last order, today 30.06.2017, we pay a few boards and send the driver to collect, we receive back from our driver the attached pictures (last 3), they try to load in our van the damaged product, we refuse, after several calls from our office they take back the damaged boards but we left in the van 4 boards, 3 x 15 mm mdf and 1 x 12 mm birch plywood, currios the birch plywood was in between the mdf sheet. when we unload at our workshop, the birch plywood was the shape of a boat (first 2 pictures). No recommended."
"Ordered 5 sheets of MDF online. Delivery was made 4 working days later as advised. Items arrived well packaged & protected from damage. Delivery driver was very helpful - offloading items by crane directly into back garden where required. Overall highly recommended."
"Ordered a bi-folding door followed instruction on the email to call after two working days if no delivery date had been sent. Called 5 days after order placed and was told someone would ring back in an hour. No call received so called next day and was told would check with supplier and email me in the hour!! No email received. Sent email to company stating what poor customer service I was receiving, no reply called again no call back, called again got a call back and someone was going to ring today!! No call so called again and no one could tell me if the order was on its way. Cancelled order only to be told there would be a charge for storage even though they could not tell me when then order would be recieved,when I asked to speak to the person making this decision I was informed it would be cancelled with no charge!! Never had such a poor service and won't be using them or recommending them."
"Prompt delivery, would have been 5 stars if I could have had a PM delivery as requested"
"Excellent customer service and easy online purchase. Plus the timber that was deilivered is excellent quality. Definitely worth paying a little more to have much better quality!"
"kota mouldings just looked like had come from a coal mine and the wrappings were all ripped so the mouldings are not all fit for the purpose they were bought for ,i emailed about that fact but have not received a reply"
"Very quick and efficient transaction. Delivery was well organised and driver was very helpful. Thanks!"
"Laver is rare - a timber merchant that shows its prices online, has a website with supermarket-style shopping basket, and delivers without fuss. I was out when my order arrived, but it was stacked neatly in my driveway when I returned - just as I had instructed. Brilliant!"
"Impressed with the website and products but was given wrong information by your depot on lead times and availability which didn't result in an order being placed. I'm also still waiting for a refund !"
Good afternoon Mr Corner, sorry you feel you had a poor service. We have left a message on your mobile (the one you used to place the order) about your refund. Please contact us on 0843 3821920. Kind Regards Laver Online
Laver is rated 3.76 based on 335 reviews