Laura Ashley Reviews

71% of reviewers recommend Laura Ashley

How would you rate Laura Ashley ?

Kate Hulm
"Always having a sale on lots of nice stuff"
"Be warned if you buy any product from Laura Ashley they will be very unhelpful if you want to return it. I bought a gift for my Mother which wasn’t suitable. Came back with my receipt (a gift receipt) to find out you can’t get a refund with that. Not explained to me at purchase (because it’s hidden on the back of the receipt). Insisted on speaking to the manager Julie (who was in another store) who refuses to budge. So basically unless I can find the original receipt (not a gift receipt) I can’t get my money back. Now also the clock is ticking I have until 26:6 to find the receipt. Horrible policy. Horrible customer service (non-existent). So only buy if you are 100% certain you want their product and watch out for the small print - no doubt a dying breed of High Street retailer whose owners unhelpful customer service policies will hasten their demise. I am one customer who won’t EVER be back (unless I can trace the original receipt to get a refund) so good luck to the Unit 9, Brunel Retail Park, Rose Kiln Lane Reading - wonderful example of how to alienate your customers, never to return ... great strategy!!"
Stuart Tucker
Verified Reviewer
"I ordered a mirror for £78.75. When I received it a few days later, the price had reduced to £63 which is a 20% reduction. I spoke to LA customer service and they would not refund the difference. I ordered the item again for £63, thinking I would return the other more expensive one but they never sent the other one! I contacted LA to see where the item was but my emails bounced back undeliverable. I had to get my credit card involved and they are able to refund the £63 but cannot help with overpaying for the other item by 20%. I wasted so much time having to get the credit card company involved. Bottom line is I will not be buying from them again which is a shame as we have a new house and there is a showroom in Kingston where we live."
Michelle Lodge
"The mirror is ordered online was faulty so returned to the shop. Received a refund on the delivery charge, sales advisor checked the new mirror for faults before leaving. Great service."
Stephen Moon
"Ordered some made to measure blinds recently,both vertical and Venetian,the quality is excellent with both being deliver within two weeks ,process was easy and convenient and the pricing very competitive"
Susan Hiley
"I’ve made purchases before and have found everything to be just fine .lm very happy with the service and the quality."
Suzanne Hearne
"Assistants most helpful and very friendly. Delitghted with my cushions."
Wendy Steibelt
"Very efficient and helpful staff ,they went out of their way to advise me and then get the curtain fabric I wanted."
"Reported problem with Lewes carpet that is approximately 18 months old. A row of pile is falling out of carpet. After obtaining email address sent in photos. This was my second contact with L A. Got no reply. Wife rang and customer service agent couldn't find attachments (probably looking at my first contact via the website). We were told that a contact email address would be supplied within 24hrs. This did not happen so emailed 4days later. Had a response today and told that nothing could be done. Informed L A that I was not happy with this response. Would avoid purchasing this carpet."
"Lovely products"
"Ordered a garment online for collection from store. Received immediate order confirmation but 8 days later, still waiting to hear that my order is ready for collection. No updates or any other further communication since ordering. Yes, it does say on the site "Your order should take 5 - 7 working days to arrive in store". Nevertheless, still a bit of a shock both at this time of year when you're likely to be ordering in time for Xmas (order placed at beginning of December), and in this day and age of online shopping. This company need to pull their socks up!"
Glenys
"I purchased two sets of very wide ready made lined curtains but on drawing one of them up, I discovered that the middle thread of the curtain tape had snapped. As I was in a hurry to get them up and didn't want to wait for new ones to be delivered, I changed the tape myself and returned the offending tape to my local Laura Ashley store where I was informed that they could do nothing about it as I had purchased the curtains on-line and not from the store. Not a very helpful response! However, worse was to come. The remaining 3 curtains were gathered and were about to be hung at the window when I discovered that the middle thread on all three curtains had snapped. They were being held in place by the two outside threads. I rang LA immediately but was informed that because they had been gathered, nothing could be done. I was very cross. I changed the tape on all 3 curtains and sent the offending tape back to LA headquarters. I am old but handy with a sewing machine so although it was a time consuming job I was able to rectify the problem myself. I didn't want a refund or compensation or payment for the tape I had bought. A genuine heartfelt apology would have been acceptable but to date I have heard nothing and don't expect to. I hope it was only this batch of heading tape that was faulty. Some people may have hung curtains without realising the middle thread was broken and I was alerting LA to this fact and that they may receive more complaints. I have purchased from LA many times in the past and always received excellent service but their customer service at the moment is appalling and I have vowed never to purchase from them again. To customers purchasing curtains I would say to not only check the curtain material but also the header tape, tho the flaw may not be visible until gathering up. LA's policy is that once the curtains are gathered, there can be no exchange. In these circumstances this policy is very poor and perhaps needs reviewing as a matter of urgency. LA's standards and customer care, are, on this occasion extremely disappointing."
Kath Haskell
"helpful staff and lovely products"
Helen
"Anxious to please, very helpfull. Pleased with product and would definitely shop there again, good quality."
Mr Joyce
"Good product (wall paper), good price and prompt delivery."
Rosemary Burt
"Beautiful store and excellent quality products. Bought some wallpaper, lampshade and hand wash and hand cream."
Andrew West
"We ordered some furniture, the delivery date given was kept, they arrived within the appointment timescale, the delivery staff had excellent customer service skills."
Christine Wilson