Laughing Hens Reviews

of reviewers recommend Laughing Hens
Read Laughing Hens  Reviews

About Laughing Hens :

Your online shop for all your knitting and crochet needs.

+44(0)1829 740903

sales@roosteryarns.com

The Croft StablesStation LaneGreat BarrowCheshire

Prompt service but colour of wool very different from colour shown on website.
Wool returned as colour poorly represented on internet - a very blueish pink
Pleased with the yarn ! Disapointed with the shade it is a lot darker than it shows on the web site!!
I have been a reasonably regular customer for the last few years and have always received good and prompt service. However on this occasion, although I was charged for the full order, five balls of yarn were missing and I am in the process of trying to obtain the remaining part of my order. Hopefully the matter will be resolved quickly.
Part of order missing, no response when sending email correspondence to chase missing item
Previous orders wold have rated very good. However this wool was wanted for a Christmas present, and I was not informed that it was out of stock until I emailed to ask what was happening to my order. I had selected laughing hens as other online retailers were out of stock of this colour, and LH said it still had some. It was only last week that I was asked to order a replacement colour, which I felt was disappointing, and too long a wait.
I paid £6.75 for fast delivery 3 days later received email stating it was out of stock..After I complained they refunded delivery..Wouldnt have bothered if I hadn't emailed them
Wool came within a couple of days, as I was only buying one ball, I did think that £2.95 for postage was a bit steep.
Although service is good, it's hard to get enough choices of colour and stock.
Haven't received my order yet. As soon as I get it I'll write a review.
There was a problem with part of my order. I needed the whole thing to start my knitting project but one part was delayed. Telephone communication was great but they didn't email information about the order. Overall, delighted to have wool and needles but feel should have been informed proactively about delays. However, seems like an honest firm and I would order from them again.
My order was delayed by over one week & I had little, or no, communication from Laughing Hens until I emailed them myself. I realise that this is a very busy time of year but how long does it take to send a short email explaining the delay? Other online firms manage to do this-it was my first order with them & I am reluctant to place any further orders.
Hasn't arrived yet so can't
I have not recieved my order yet, so a review isn't possible. The tracking number I was given, was not recognised by the postal website given.
It's not their fault. Shipping via UBS from the USA takes forever.
Wool takes too long to arrive.
Although it warns you if a yarn is going to take longer than normal, it is too long. When my yarn was sent off, it took two days for it to arrive. Too long.
Product not what I was expecting. Thought I was buying Kidsilk Haze Stripe, needed some to complete an unfinished project. Unfortunately this is another manifestation of the yarn, so will be returning it. No complaints about the service which was very efficient.
Although I enjoy the emails I receive from Laughing Hens, I was a bit disappointed that being attracted to one of the patterns advertised and ordering the pattern and yarn as advertised, it turned out to be out of stock, and it took a couple of weeks for my order to arrive. I also ordered a couple of books that took longer than I've come to expect from other online yarn sites. I don't actually find the website very easy to use. I've once or twice given up and searched for the same product elsewhere.
As the web-site said orders would be dealt with within one to two working days I was a bit put off when I heard nothing for a week and had to send two emails to get any response. I appreciate that what I ordered probably was coming from Germany but it would have been helpful to be told why there was a delay. However I am delighted to have found somewhere that stocks Regia slipper soles -- everywhere else has Bergere de France which are more expensive.
Laughing Hens is rated 4.71 based on 6,879 reviews