Laughing Hens Reviews

of reviewers recommend Laughing Hens
Read Laughing Hens  Reviews

About Laughing Hens :

Your online shop for all your knitting and crochet needs.

+44(0)1829 740903

sales@roosteryarns.com

The Croft StablesStation LaneGreat BarrowCheshire

this yarn looks jewel-like on the website but is a mossy grey-green in reality. I phoned to request an alternative colour when I realised (from a trip to a shop) but my request was not processed so it had to be sent back. Happy customer for many years so this was a one off problem.
I have purchased yarn from Laughing Hens in the past and have been very happy. Unfortunately with my last purchase I find that a couple of the balls have had what I can only describe as joins in the wool by a strange sort of plastic - this is only small but when knitting it does not allow a smooth finish. I did not experience this with my first purchase of Baby Rooster wool.
Some products delivered on time but others, despite showing as available on the website, turned out to be unavailable so have not been delivered as yet. This has caused a delay in starting the project.
Although very pleased with actual contents of patterns they were photo copies of the original patterns . I did not realise so found that a bit of a let down.
Very quick delivery and well packaged
If they had checked their emails more regularly they would have seen my request to change the order. I wrote in plenty of time but they did not see it until after they had posted the item.
Quick service and fast shipping. However, I was given wrong info when I inquired about dye lot numbers on the 5 skeins of yarn. There were two different dye lots (which was not evident when I was choosing yearn color from website) Also when asked what the dye lots were, I was told 2 of one dye lot and 3 skeins of another. When I received the yarn there was only 1 skeins of the dye lot I needed and 4 of the one I did not. I had to adjust my pattern. Would have liked the communication to be more accurate.
The shade was lighter than wanted. Wanted a more of a Teal colour. But I started knitting but couldn't get on with the wool due to the fine random cotton thread, so gave up and have returned the other 3 balls of wool in todays post! Hence the order last evening to knit up the other pattern which I downloaded free. Thank you.
Pattern arrived promptly which is a miracle as the address was marked Great Britain and not Cyprus even after I emailed immediately to say the Address was wrong and it should be Cyprus and not United Kingdom even though I chose Cyprus the Web Site had a mind of its own and put United Kingdom hence the email. No confirmation of that I'm afraid. Bearing in mind that there is another Nicosia in the USA I cannot risk ordering anything else from this company which is a shame as the have good products. Sorry!
Disappointed with length of time to deliver goods. Almost a week! Also colour of yarn not as expected. Had to return. Love knitting company manage to deliver yarn next day via Hermes.
The first part of the order (the pattern book) arrived right on time, which was great. However, the yarn was out of stock, and instead of offering to send in two lots, I was just informed it would be 5-10 days. After 2 weeks I sent an email which went unanswered. However, when I phoned, Laughing Hens were helpful, and the yarn has since arrived. I do think better communication when orders are delayed would be great, especially as the money for the full order was taken, and no email should ever go unanswered. But there's never been a problem before, and I would certainly continue to use the site. Anyone can have a 'blip' in service, and it's how issues are resolved which is the mark of a good supplier.
My order took nearly 2 weeks to arrive as the yarn was out of stock - this was not shown on the website or order form. I was emailed later. It arrived without the free pattern that should have accompanied it so that I had to telephone to find out why; it took a further 5 days for the pattern to arrive by post. However, the quality of the yarn and the pattern is excellent and the customer service and communication is extremely good.
No problem with the wool but I ordered it in October and it arrived in March. I was told it was out of stock after the order had gone through (maybe let people know before they order in future), so I bought it elsewhere. I think a message to ask if the customer still wants their order after four months would be useful. Have ordered from your site previously and had no problems.
I made my order only to be told after part order received, that an item was out of stock and may be in in about a weeks time. at this moment in time I am still waiting for the item, without which I can't start my project. Wish I had been told when ordering
i cannot write a review of the product because I have not received it yet.
At the moment I can't rate you as I haven't received my goods. Please look into it. They were to be delivered to an office in Spain. I hope you have all the details of my purchase etc. without my repeating them.
My previous experiences with Laughing Hens has been good but this time it took over 4 months to fulfill the order. I was actually on the point of cancelling the order when the wool arrived (the money for it had been taken when I placed the order). So, all is well now and the wool is lovely but I wouldn't have palced the order if I'd known that the wool was out of stock.
Have received the Noro yarn ordered but still waiting for pattern book ordered, or refund!
Disappointed with the time it took to receive the order. Otherwise no complaints.
lovely colour but almost impossible to unravel skein onto a bobbin for a knitting machine!
Laughing Hens is rated 4.71 based on 6,891 reviews