Laughing Hens Reviews

of reviewers recommend Laughing Hens
Read Laughing Hens  Reviews

About Laughing Hens :

Your online shop for all your knitting and crochet needs.

+44(0)1829 740903

sales@roosteryarns.com

The Croft StablesStation LaneGreat BarrowCheshire

I am delighted with the yarn but was a bit disappointed with the length of time the order took to arrive. Especially when I felt the p&p was a bit pricey. It Arrived on Saturday 28th I have been ordering wool from Shetland and it has only taken a couple of days by 2nd class post
The knitting needles are perfect, just as expected. However, after paying £6.95 for next day delivery (more than the cost of the needles) and ordered well before the cut off time, I was very disappointed that they weren’t even despatched until the following day.
Though I knew there were two lots in my order, there were in fact three with a clear difference between the main bulk and one other lot in particular. I had impulsively stared as soon as the wool arrived, but in low light, so it wasn’t until the following morning I realised the difference, so I’m going to knit back and front in fine shaded stripes and the sleeves solid in the main lot! I think it’ll be fine when it’s finished! Not what I had expected, but retrievable.
Rang the shop for some information on my left over order left messages but no answer very dissappointing
I had bought the book and whole lot of wool for A story in Yarn they sold me nicely got wool and Book . Telephone them 3 times today for the late arriving order so that I can start my project but unfornatulatey no one bother to ring me back I have some wool but not the whole lot wish someone answer I left messages but no one rang back very dissappointing
Send my order
Although you confirmed my order for cashmerino fushia 3 balls I have not received any. I realise there was limited stock - 3 balls available - I am still waiting. The rest of the wool is excellent
wonderful yarn, but sad to given a discount voucher which is not apply to my next purchase.
when the delivery arrived
It didn't. I was told new stock arriving in up to 14 days and was happy to wait. Then half the order arrived next day, then three days later was told they could not fulfil the rest of my order. This was for one project. I was given option of what to do but first lot of order arrived too soon for me to do anything without full information which was not given at time.
I never received this order, as it turned out it was out of stock. Very little information from Laughing Hens.
Sorting out problem with order.
Knew order was delayed but needed to phone up to prompt the dispatch after waiting a second week. Wool came with two different dye lots. Phone again to get this sorted. Awaiting arrival of wool for full order with same dye lot. Need to visit post office to send first lot back- shouldn't have to do these things.
The order arrived promptly and nicely packaged. I would give 5 stars, except that I did not receive the 6-ply knitting pattern that is advertised as being free with Regia 6-ply yarn. I emailed straight away to request the pattern but have heard nothing back yet.
The customer service has so far been very good. However, part of my order was out of stock, that part was sent later and arrived within a few days, BUT the first part of my order which was sent a month ago still hasn't arrived. I was assured that they had resent that missing part, still waiting 10 days later ! Getting a sinking feeling about this. But I do appreciate that Laughing Hens are not responsible for postal problems, although all other goods I have ordered since placing my order with them have arrived very quickly. Maybe there is a problem with their local post office?
Easy to order and used free postage offer. Was disappointed how long my order took to arrive.
My stitch markers arrived promptly but the box was damaged allowing the markers to fall out.
all good except my order of 2mm circular needles - were supposed to be 150cm instead I got the same length (100cm) as the other circular needles I ordered. Fast efficient delivery however and all other purchases good. I've only just discovered the incorrect length as I've just started work on a pattern wdhich required extra long circular needles
this yarn looks jewel-like on the website but is a mossy grey-green in reality. I phoned to request an alternative colour when I realised (from a trip to a shop) but my request was not processed so it had to be sent back. Happy customer for many years so this was a one off problem.
I have purchased yarn from Laughing Hens in the past and have been very happy. Unfortunately with my last purchase I find that a couple of the balls have had what I can only describe as joins in the wool by a strange sort of plastic - this is only small but when knitting it does not allow a smooth finish. I did not experience this with my first purchase of Baby Rooster wool.
Laughing Hens is rated 4.71 based on 6,832 reviews