Cactus Language Reviews

97% of reviewers recommend Cactus Language
"Good native speakers teaching the classes, aided by the book; learned grammar and culture"
"Cactus in theory have a great curriculum and when it goes well it goes very well. The issue is that in both classes I have taken part in, there is a tendency for the class as a whole to lose focus, especially in my most recent class. While we are still learning something, whether it be germanic culture or whatever, I feel it just takes a bit too much away and can make it difficult to understand what I should be learning. On a separate note, I am also unhappy with the way the language school handled the cancellation of lessons in my last course, opting to send us a text the afternoon before to tell us not to turn up before advising in the end they will just refund the lost time. I was very disappointed as I wanted to progress and feel that the last course did not really achieve that for me. Overall cactus have a great setup but are not able to adapt well and do not ensure their quality is maintained from class to class."
"I'd definitely recommend Cactus for those wishing to learn a language. I started at Beginner 2 for French and have since continued up two further levels with the school, as have most of my class. The group sizes are small, the teachers are professional, fun and often willing to help with your studies out of hours too. The two hour lessons are just the right length of time and the month-long breaks between levels has enabled me to do some much-needed revision. The only drawbacks I've faced is that the textbook can be a bit confusing at times and the class has occasionally gone a bit too fast for me, but that just underlines the fact that you really ought to do a couple of hours homework/revision between lessons in order to stay on track!"
"Fantastic course and tutors."
"Cruz is a great teacher - He is very good at explaining grammar but also manages to keep the lessons fun. He's also good at making sure everyone understands and is involved. The only improvement I'd say is to do with the location and that's that the rooms are quite cold and would be nice to have proper tables (Islington)."
"I have just completed Basic 1 and 2 in Spanish the course was very professionally run and well organised. the instructor was very friendly and approachable, gave constant feedback on how you were doing, aimed the level and speed of the class at the slowest persons pace which allowed for a more enjoyable time, as there was no pressure put on you during the lesson only constant encouragement. as a more mature student and learning something new for the first time in a lot of years I found the course informative and enjoyable can't wait for Spanish basic level 3."
"Good material, good pace, enjoyable and relaxing environment, definitely recommended overall"
"Very good teachers but electronic boards, dvd and CD players are missing in the classrooms. It would be beneficial for students and teachers."
"The course is very professional and pushes simeone to learn faster"
"It was really enjoyable and gave a good grounding!"
"Cactus has been fantastic and I will continue to use them. I hope to continue to study Italian. It is just disappointing when we can only study one session a week that is inflexible as I have a pressured job. Sara Conca has been fantastic and I cannot fault her. It would be good if the class could continue even if the numbers are very low."
"Cactus language school is a great place to learn, offering many languages to choose from. Their team is easy to contact and you get replies quickly."
"A very good learning environment"
"Easy to get to. Instructor that speaks the language of study. Would highly recommend"
"I just finished a 10 week evening course, and I can’t wait to start the next one! It’s been a wonderful experience so far! From start to end, customer service has been excellent as well as our teacher! I couldn’t be happier with my choice, thank you!"
"Very well organised, teachers and staff"
"I enjoyed learning French beginner course. I did struggle a bit as the course was full immersion. However, my teacher was extremly supportive and every lesson was fun and well prepared. My classmates were also great. i highly recommend Cactus!"
"Enjoyed the whole beginner course for French and will be going back for the next course. Would highly recommend!!!"
"Flexible learning, good pace, plenty of pupil-pupil interaction"
"Cactus courses are a great way to progress beyond language apps/PC software into real classroom-based lessons without too much commitment as there are no strict rules or pass/fail criteria. The atmosphere was relaxed yet still challenging. The venue was in the city centre, very easy to reach with excellent facilities."
Cactus Language is rated 4.63 based on 150 reviews