Lance James the Jewellers Reviews

Read Lance James the Jewellers Reviews

online@lancejames.co.uk

Lance James The Jewellers, 3 Barrack Square, Chelmsford, Essex

Tell us how Lance James the Jewellers made you happy
Furrer Jacot in Switzerland redirected my email to Lance James in the UK following my request to resize my wedding ring. Two local jewellers were only able to offer an option to fit some small balls to reduce the ring size, which I didn't really consider as an option. Julia and Jill picked up my enquiry, sent ring samples to me to try for size and then arranged for the reduction in size with Furrer Jacot. I have to say that the service provided by Julia and Jill was exceptional - quite rare nowadays when we all work in a busy environment! I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Lance James for any requirement - first class service and aftercare!
I’m in love with my new ring! Aquamarine marquise.
Lance James the Jewellers 5 star review on 19th October 2020
Lance James are an amazing family run business and I couldn't fault their fantastic service. They made me feel very special which is something I always find important being a customer. I have come back many times since as their gift ideas and so unusual and beautiful. A big thanks to Antony who is a fantastic goldsmith.
Outstanding customer service both online and in the Chelmsford store. I purchased some beautiful pieces of jewellery and will definitely return and recommend to others.
Terrible customer service! Lack of communication with the customers after everything is paid. You need to keep checking on them every week otherwise you might not have a ring on time! I found it rude when they either block you or don't response to your email with a simple questions! Save the energy and avoid stress!Don't use them!!!
I had such an amazing transaction with Lance James and would highly recommend them to anyone. Went over and above without hesitation to help and source the item and engrave it. In particular Jill deserves enormous credit. The company should be very proud of her and her handling of a very delicate topic, thank you so much. Best wishes to you all.
I have been buying items from Lance James since 2009.

We went in to look at wedding rings and Antony helped regards an idea and design I wanted for my wife’s ring. They did a beautiful job and I love looking at that ring even now.
I have been buying items on a regular basis ever since.
They’re extremely friendly, helpful, professional and have become my trusted ‘go to’ jewellers.

I have just purchased my first on-line item and their quality service continued, with prompt postage (despite our troubled times) and great communication. The delivery even had a hand written note in there and its these small things that maintain the personal service feeling I always get when buying from them.

Great items, great quality, great service, great people.

Yes you got it........they are recommended and I will obviously be continuing my custom with them.

Thank you for everything over the last ten years.
Excellent service, communication, and quality.
Very good company to buy from and would definitely recommend.
First ever purchase from this company and excellent service. Necklace cane within 2 day first class with lovely had written note saying thank you which is lovely. Necklace is beauty would definitely purchase from this jewellers again.
Amazing craftsmenship and service overall, making the idea of finding 'the perfect ring' seem a lot less stressful than first thought. Amazing to see such professionalism when bringing my vision to life from desining a personalised ring to choosing the perfect stone for it. I couldn't recommend their service enough!
I bought the 6.5mm Tantalum & Palladium Wedding Ring.

A little disappointed with the band as the edges are sharp and I have cut myself twice rubbing my little finger across the side of my wedding ring finger.

Second of all I only realised after purchase that it is Palladium 500 and not 950. Personally I feel this should have been noted on the sales page as it has an effect on allergies as Palladium 950 is purer and naturally hypoallergenic whereby 500 can have silver in it which I can react too.
Hi Paul,

Thank you for your comments. We were surprised to read your review as we have had no direct contact from you with regards to this matter.
We would have been more than happy to investigate the situation, had you brought it to our attention. Please contact us directly so we can help you further.
Please use the contact details as below:
Email: online@lancejames.co.uk
Telephone: 01245 698386

The Lance James Team
I sent a Pandora bracelet for a clasp repair. The service has been excellent. A quick turnaround. Informed at the start regarding cost and payment etc and returned super quick. On receipt I was totally thrilled with results as my bracelet is as new. Many thanks to Jill for all her help . I wouldn’t hesitate to use Lance James again.
I stumbled across Lance James by luck. They have alot of beautiful jewellery and the customer service was more than excellent, I can’t describe how good the service was (thank you) If you’re looking for some jewellery that is a little different and special this is the place to look. Many many thanks once again.... a very happy customer
Bad company thifes stay away from these people do not buy any thing from this site
Hi Marina,

Sorry, you felt the need to write Lance James a poor review. As explained to you previously, our Terms & Conditions state that when an item is returned to us for a refund, the original postage costs are not included in that refund unless the item is faulty or damaged. This is not the case as you have just had a change of heart about the purchase. We are sorry the item was not to your taste but you did receive a full refund for the goods purchased in line with our T&Cs.

The Lance James Team
Bad company thifes stay away from this people do not buy any thing from this site
Hi Marina,

The Lance James Team
Sent my Pandora ring to be repaired. Communication was excellent and the service fast and professional. I cannot recommend them enough.
Lance James were able to create my "dream ring " by reusing the gold and gems from my wedding and engagement ring.
Definitely recommend!
Hi sent my partners pandora bracelet and charms to lance James to be re-oxidised and polished following mistakingly using silver dip. The bracelet looked terrible when I sent it, it came back less than a week later looking like new. Highly recommended, great customer service.
I popped into Lance James, Hertford after checking out their web-site & seeing that they do on-site repairs & adjustments. I had two link-bracelet items to be re-sized, both of which were done within 15 mins & at minimal cost.
I also wanted some advice on a new wedding ring for my wife & can honestly say that it's one of the best customer service experiences I've had in a very very long time.
Not only were the adjustments made perfectly (& with obvious skill), but the product knowledge & passion for the craft is obvious.
I could not thank thank them enough & will be returning to purchase a ring soon.
Jackie at Hertford has done the most amazing job making a beautiful signet ring for me. I am over the moon with the result. Jackie also tidied up a bracelet for me and made it wearable again and enhanced my partners necklace which he now wears with pride. Thank you so much for the efficient, professional service that you provided. Can recommend Jackie to the highest level for her work and personality.
Lance James the Jewellers is rated 4.74 based on 53 reviews