LampShopOnline Reviews

90% of reviewers recommend LampShopOnline

Tell us how LampShopOnline made you happy

customer service
Phil J Moore
"Great service, really happy with my new lights will be ordering more!"
Jetmir Zeneli
"top seller, fast delivery! recommend"
"I’m amazed at how quickly I received the bulbs. Fantastic price, obsolete bulbs, I didn’t want to spend a fortune as I’m changing my lights soon but needed a good look in the meantime. I’ll be sure to bookmark this firm!"
"Still waiting"
"I paid for next working day delivery. Because I had not received any confirmation of delivery, I contacted via online chat only to find that my order had not been correctly processed and therefore had not been passed on to the warehouse. I received a refund of the delivery charge but unfortunately when the florescent tube eventually arrived it was smashed in the middle"
"Order placed with no problems but have never received a receipt. When I called I was told I will get an email as soon as the items are despatched. Never received this email. I received the lamps but where not the ones I ordered. Not a great experience so far"
"Once again no invoice received after purchase Fed up with having to call and request a VAT invoice every time"
Good afternoon Mr Corcoran,

I am sorry to hear you are having recurring issues with your invoices,
I have made our accounts team aware of this as well as your account manager here.
From now on a VAT invoice will be emailed through as soon as the invoice has been processed.
Once again, please accept my apologies for the inconveniences caused.

Kind regards, Ellie Britton.
"Your courier has not delivered the goods as yet."
Good afternoon Mr Fraser,

I am sorry for to hear that your order didn't arrive when expected.
We did ship your order on the 4th, this should have been with you on the 5th.
It looks like something happened with the FedEx van causing the delay.
I am sorry you weren't made aware of this and kept up to date.
I can see that your order has now been delivered, I hope all is now as it should be.
Once again, please accept my apologies for the initial inconveniences caused.

Kind regards, Ellie Britton.
"order came however the description read compact and it was not what I received, I cannot use this bulb and therefore am not happy"
Hi Dee,

Thank you for your review and for ordering from LampShopOnline.

These lamps are known collectively as compact fluorescent lamps.

I can see that you have ordered and received a 28w lamp, if this is too big for your fitting it is likely that you were replacing a 16w lamp which is smaller in size. These sizes are published on our website.

We would be more than happy for you to return these items to us to replace them with the correct goods if you would like to email this across to sales@lampshoponline.com we will gladly organise a return for you.

Kind Regards
Matt
"I ordered lamps for a night light, 7W 240 v. Unfortunately I needed E12s and ordered E14s so they don't work. Not your fault."
Hi Anthony,

I am sorry to hear that the lamps ordered weren't suitable.
We do have the 7w Bell E12 Nightlight listed on our website, the product number is 02393.
We would be happy to take the lamps back for a full refund as we do not have an exchange procedure.
Please email sales@lampshoponline.com and we can get the returns form sent through for you.

Kind regards, Ellie Britton.
"order arrived short delivered"
Hello Adrian,

Thank you for taking your time to leave a review,
I am sorry to hear you were missing 5 tubes from the original delivery.
It was myself who organised the 2nd shipment, I can see the 2nd delivery of the remaining tubes has now been delivered and signed for.
I hope all is now resolved, apologies again for the inconveniences caused here.

Kind regards, Ellie Britton.
"I ordered several LED tubes and a twin LED lamp, all arrived promptly and well wrapt. The tubes worked well but unfortunately the lamp did not work. I phoned sales and they said they would send me another one to replace it. In the meantime while waiting for the replacement I looked at the wiring in the lamp and decided to rewire the lamp how I thought it should be and is now working and fitted thanks to DIY. 4 weeks on and still no sign of a replacement which I do not need now."
Hi David,

I am sorry to hear you have had a few issues with the goods ordered.
I can see a replacement was sent via FedEx they did try to delivery 3 times and left a card advising this, as nobody was available to sign for the 2nd parcel of the replacement tube. I have just checked and the parcel is still at your local hub. As you no longer require the tube I will ask FedEx to return this parcel to us.
In regards to the issue with the fittings, I am glad to hear you managed to resolved this, apologies for the inconveniences this caused you.
I have emailed you a 10% discount code for your next order.

Kind regards, Ellie Britton.
"Have not yet received my order so unable to complete satisfaction survey"
Hi Jean,

I am sorry it took you a little longer to receive your order,
I can see your order was placed on the 18th, processed on the 19th and collected by Royal Mail on the 21st.
It was shipped on a 48 hour service, so the goods should have been with you by the 23rd.
I am sorry this wasn't the case, Royal Mail took a little longer than expected.

I hope you have now received your goods,

Kind regards Ellie Britton.
"Not convinced this was new as described. No packaging and looks used. Not impressed but the item does work"
Hello,

Many thanks for using and reviewing our service.

I am sorry that you feel that you have received a used part but we only sell brand new parts. The item you ordered, an Osram QT-Fit8 2x58-70 comes boxed in 20s with no individual packaging and was ordered direct from the manufacturer. These items come with a 3 year warranty from the manufacturer and should you have any issues with the part, please do let us know and we will happily sort a replacement.

Kindest Regards
Matt
"I am still waiting for them to arrive, not good"
Hello Bernard,

Thank you for taking your time to leave a review,
I can see your order was shipped from us on the 6th, and the review request email was sent on the 7th.
Your order was shipped from us via Royal Mail on a 2-6 working day service, so you order should be with by now.
I hope all has been received, however if any further issues arose please let me know and I will have a look into getting them rectified.

Kind regards, Ellie Britton.
"First time order of two items and only one delivered. Spent ages trying to contact Lampshoponline and when I did speak to them they told me it was 'unusual' not to have put the item in the order (although other reviews indicate a similar issue). Second item had to be put on second order and no gesture of goodwill for the problem. Think I will order elsewhere next time."
Hello Mark,

It is unusual for two tubes not to be in the same parcel, unless a picking error has occurred and only one tube has been sent out.
Which seems to be the case on this occasion.
I am sorry it took you a while to get this issue rectified and nothing was done to try and improve this situation.
I have emailed you a discount code for our website, i hope you will be able to give us another chance in the future.

Kind regards, Ellie Britton.
"This is the first time I've purchased from you, I ordered 2 bulbs which arrived very quickly. However, the only packaging was the thin cardboard of the lightbulb box, a small brown padded envelope and a large Fedex plastic bag. Not surprisingly as I opened the envelope hundreds of bits of glass fell out and both bulbs were completely smashed. I called to complain and asked if a replacement was going to be sent could it be packaged with some bubble wrap or something more substantial. I was reassured this would happen, only to receive my replacement order with even less packaging than the first time! Complete incompetence. I can't be bothered to complain a second time, I will just buy from somewhere else in future."
Hello Jane,

I am sorry for the inconveniences caused here, smaller lamps should be send out in a jiffy bag, with extra packing like corrugated card and/or bubble wrap. Apologies again that this was not the case with both of your deliveries.
I have shown your review to our warehouse manager and he is going to raise this issue with his staff.
I have refunded the order in full as a gesture of apologies.

Kind regards, Ellie Britton.
"Placed the order on the 12th and it’s now the 14th & I still haven’t received a notification to say the goods have been dispatched.?"
Hi Ian,

Thank you for reviewing our service and I am sorry that you feel it falls below your expectations. As you have stated, this order was placed on the 12th. However, you ordered this using our 2-6 working day delivery and today is only the 2nd working day since placing your order.

I can however confirm that the order has now been dispatched for you and should be with you in the next couple of days.

For future orders, we do offer expedited delivery services for our customers who require their goods quicker, such as next day, pre noon etc.

Thank you for ordering from us and I hope you receive your goods shortly :-)

Regards
Matt
"ordered 2x 6ft bulbs - I received 2 bulbs of different lengths and the 6ft one was damaged - Phoned and no quibble refund offered - Goods poor, customer service good (refund pending!)"
Hello,

Thank you for taking your time to leave a review, I am sorry to hear that you have had issues with the goods received.
I'm glad to hear all has been rectified now.
Thank you for your comments in regards to the customer service side, I hope you will be able to give us another chance in the future.

Kind regards, Ellie Britton.
"Having placed the order, I did not receive an email copy of the order, as is normal standard practice. 2 days later, I have still not received either a copy of the order or any details of expected delivery. Not good!"
Hello Janice,

I am sorry for the confusion that was caused in regards to receiving emails,
we did have a slight issue with our system back as far as we are aware this has now been rectified.
Your order left us the day after you placed your order so you should have received them by now.
If any further issues did arise please let me know, and I will try my best to rectify them.

Kind regards, Ellie Britton.
"Advised delivery up to 3 days but still not received (3rd day yesterday). Please deliver ASAP as needed for elderly couples bedroom. Thanks"
Hi Jonathan, apologies for the delay. We have a slight stock issue with the brand we normally supply for the specs you ordered. We have resolved this and your parcel is on it's way to you as of today. Kindest regards - LSO
"I'm afraid only 2 stars. Initial delivery of fluorescent tubes arrived as promised but were folded in half ! Snapped ! Replacements were delivered following day but without the starters now I'm told the starters won't be with me till Monday earliest . Too late so I have to buy some locally . Very nice people but poor service on this occasion ."
Hi Garry,

I am sorry to hear that you are not happy with the level of service you have received.
I appreciate this is a bit late, 459359654000 is the tracking number for your order and it is showing as out for delivery today.

Kind regards, Ellie Britton.
"Frankly, the whole purchase experience was puzzling and worrying, as the promised e-mail confirmation after placing the order was never received, so I was left hanging in terms of what to expect, and then, worse, the next thing I get is a series of e-mails from FedEx, telling me that something will be delivered, but with no clarification of what (a single fluorescent tube) will be delivered, or who exactly (LampShopOnline) has asked FedEx to deliver something to me (even more confusing was that the weight of the package was specified as 10kg - a single fluorescent tube weighing 10kg??). I think your communication method, involving the deliverer has a lot of room for improvements."
Hi Kenichi,

Thank you for your review of our service.

Firstly, let me apologise that no order confirmation was sent, we are looking in to this at the moment to ensure this doesn't happen in the future.

However, I can see that your order was placed on the 17th October, using our standard 1-3 day delivery service and was delivered and signed for on the following day, 18th October. As our costs for delivery do not change based on weight, nor do we charge customers extra for overweight deliveries, all parcels are scanned in at FedEX as 10kg.

I am sorry that you feel on this occasion your shopping experience has not been adequate and we will work to rectify the issues you have raised.

Kind Regards