La Redoute Reviews

46% of reviewers recommend La Redoute

How would you rate La Redoute ?

"Horrible experience ! I bought a shoe cupboard from them, the panel was scratch and it took over a month to get them to send me replacement. They can’t just send the panel itself but send the whole unit ! I have to took time off to receive the bloody item !!! Another worst part, the replacement arrived. The finished of the shoe cupboard is different. The 1st one that I received was matt finish , the second was gloss finish ! I end up needed to change all the 3 panels . On top of this.. I am speading 7 p per min to call their customer care !! AVOID !!!"
Elizabeth Osborne
Verified Reviewer
"If I could give La Redoute zero stars I would. Avoid La Redoute at all costs, faulty goods and an untrustworthy company with cocky useless agents. Agree with so many other dissatisfied customers on here, please be warned. Items are either poor quality grossly overpriced rags, severely delayed, out of stock or faulty, if not all of the above and you will have to fight tooth and nail for your rightful refund. Received faulty brogues weeks ago and am still waiting for the refund to be deposited back into my account even now! The insole almost fell out upon trying on and was too short for the size leaving a big gap at the toe! Sent their shoddy shoes back through their Hermes return service, told to wait 14 days once back to their warehouse but not a squeak well after this time lapse. So much time wasted chasing this up with useless agents devoid of a brain cell or basic manners. Told to call on their chargeable customer services phoneline which is an absolute cheek when they are at fault. Finally received email stating the brogues had not been returned and to send a copy of my postal receipt in evidence if I wanted my refund!!! Luckily I kept this with the Hermes stamp. I always post with Hermes and they are 100% reliable and trustworthy, the opposite of La Redoute who could learn heaps from them about the meaning of good customer service. This company are intent on keeping your money for returned goods, please beware and using delay tactics in the hope you forget or give up! If you return an item be sure to get a receipt from the courier as they will deny receipt. The return order sheet was also placed inside the shoe box, so absolutely no mixups at my end. To add insult to injury they have the cockiness to add the tagline 'at La Redoute we strive to offer an amazing customer service' to all their useless emails, what a joke. All you get from this company is red faced! Please be warned- always keep your returns receipt or you will not see your refund."
"I'm very unhappy with the service of La Redoute. The site states the 'easy return-policy', but the reality is a lot more cumbersome. You need to pay the costs of sending something back yourself. The customer service suggested that I should pay for returning the package back to France (which would costs about EUR 30,-) to get refunded for the amount I paid for the product (about EUR 31,-). Additionally, the customer service is unable to provide answers for your specific situation: they only copy + paste standard pre-written non-specific answers. I will never (!) order a product again at La Redoute and I would like to warn other potential buyers as well!"
Elaineliddle
Verified Reviewer
"I have orderd a few items and am very happy with my orderd and delivery time xx 10/10"
"I couldn't actually see or receive my order because of the terrible delivery company (Panther Group) selected by La Redoute. Missed scheduled deliveries twice in a row despite having received items on time by La Redoute. I would highly recommend all retailers NOT TO USE Panther for delivery. 6 Apr - item was delivered to Panther in wrong depot 7 Apr - item was moved to the correct depot (more than 24hrs before scheduled delivery) 8 Apr - scheduled delivery missed because they couldnt scan item on time... 11 Apr - scheduled delivery missed again"
"La redoute have taken order and the payment and not sent the order. 12 days on...3 emails which have not been replied to and two phone calls (first told me la redoute have been v busy!, the second told me that la redoute would send an email later that day with the results of the investigation of my failed to be delivered order...of course la redoute did not send that email reply). advice is to AVOID this company - they take your money, don't deliver and then don't answer queries and worst of all they still have my money!!!! fraudulent practices I have resorted to reviewing here in the hope that la redoute have the courtesy to reply and offer an explanation, as well as to warn others to avoid this dishonest company. I rate la redoute zero stars"
"I ordered some bedroom furniture in December and 3 months later, I am still waiting for some of it. There was nothing to indicate that it would be out of stock at the time - had there been, I wouldn't have placed an order. I've chased multiple times and I was firstly told there was insufficient stock in the website (despite it still being available for sale online). Then I was told it had arrived in France but there were "IT issues" causing further delays. Customer services keep fobbing me off with the same, copied and pasted response and nobody seems to have a clue when my items may arrive. I has issues with the courier who delivered the rest of the order (Panther Logistics - avoid at all costs). Despite La Redoute's website saying that their couriers will text to arrange a convenient time for delivery, this does not occur. Panther text about 10pm the night before they intend to deliver. This gives you zero time to arrange leave from work/someone to wait in. They don't provide a phone number to reschedule deliveries and the "tracking link" which they send in their text messages doesn't let you track the order, let alone reschedule. I was hounded by a delivery driver who was trying to deliver despite me phoning customer services (having searched online for a number to no avail and replied to the automated text message in the hope that this would result in me receiving a number - it did). Panther's customer services didn't bother to tell him that I'd rescheduled so he kept phoning me to say that he was on his way and I kept asking him not to bother. He then turned up at 10pm in the evening, despite the cancellation, but told La Redoute that he has delivered at 7pm. Oh and Panther actually managed to lose my kingsized bed. They told me it would be delivered one day and they cancelled because they had lost it! All in all, an utterly useless combination. Avoid La Redoute furniture unless you want a load of agro."
Chichi
"their product are great and delivery is fast"
VIVIEN WORTHINGTON
"I bought a black faux fur jacket from la redoute, at a discount price, and was extremely impressed with the quality. I had many compliments when I wore it to a recent christening. Many thanks."
Fee & Dave Finlayson
"Been shopping here for ages now. The quality of the clothes is top notch and although you do pay a bit more for them, they are well worth the money."
Nicoletta Pilardi
Verified Reviewer
"The worst company ever, please do not buy from them. Twice I made the mistake to purchase from them and on both occasions they messed it up. I was delivered a chair (matching a desk) only to be told (5 days after I received the chair) that the desk was discontinued. The 2nd episode was in early December 2017 when they delivered me a faulty rug (big stain on a pattern), after the return they sent me another rug but it was smaller. I have spent so much time on the phone with them, it is appalling. Simply stay away please."
"Ordered a jacket and it never arrived. I did get my money back but only after weeks long struggle with the company. Will not order again."
"They gave me more credit so I shopped around on the site, to then be told after 2 weeks that they've canceled my order due to late minimum payment which I'd already paid. Theyre french so expect rude service."
Mrs Nicki Mussett
"Great value and selection of products. Had to return an item after Christmas, customer service were very helpful and informative. Simple process from start to finish."
Mrs J Y Jones
"Great service, quality products."
Heather Matthews
Verified Reviewer
"Order three items to be told 2days later that due to high demand there will be a delay its Christmas folks...4weeks later 2items arrived really not happy the dressing gown was such poor quality and was not the one I ordered .....I will never order for this firm again."
Suzanne Mills
Verified Reviewer
"Terrible customer service. No response to my emails, but I can ring them at 7p per minute, but face being on hold for over 10 minutes. All I wanted was clarification of when my order will be dispatched, but nobody matters with la Redoute. Keep coining it in on that complaints line! I feel like telling la Redoute to stick my order up their derrière. Lousy company, avoid at all costs."
"I ordered some really nice quality products in 40% discount on Nov 10 and when it came to checkout, I was informed that due to high demand there may be delays in delivery. I read some negative opinions earlier so I was a bit concerned that they may finally cancel my order but I decided to wait and see. On Nov 16 I got an email about delays again and on Nov 17 that my order is being prepared. About a week later I received my parcel, everything was there and nice quality as expected. I'd be completely happy if they gave me some more specific delivery dates."
"Very long wait for parcel. Kept emailing and no replies. Phoned...waited for 10 mins before my call was answered and then by a rather abrupt lady. I won't buy from this company again I have not enjoyed their customer service at all."
"Ordered item stated in stock, waited over 2 weeks to be told sold out,"
La Redoute is rated 2.87 based on 52 reviews