La Redoute Reviews

La Redoute have a Customer Happiness Grade of D. Customers are happy with their prices, delivery and customer service but are unhappy with their returns process and refunds. Full Insights

41% of reviewers recommend La Redoute

Fashion Accessories
Fashion
Lingerie & Underwear
Fashion Accessories

How would you rate La Redoute ?

"I ordered 6 items all of which came separately (in separate packages delivered by Hermes and left on the doorstep) over the course of about 3 weeks. One item (a desk) required a large item delivery slot but because we had no control over the date or time when they would deliver it took 4 delivery attempts (over 4-5 weeks) before we could get hold of it. There was no way to contact the courier except by going through their main call center and there was no way to choose between an afternoon or morning slot - you just get what you are given and are told this by text the night before which is no good if you work full time. When the desk finally arrived it was damaged and we were only offered a small refund. We couldn't face the delivery horror of trying to get it replaced so had to stick with it. I don't think I'd ever order anything from La Redoute again."
"Received wrong item twice in a row - Ordered a pair of black flats from the website and received a pair of black sandals with a 2 inch heel and different straps. After posting them back, I placed a new replacement order for the flats. When I got this next delivery, I had received the SAME WRONG SHOE again! Made a complaint to customer service, but they were unable to help me in any way with the return process or over any compensation whatsoever. Waste of time!"
"I've had very similar experiences to others including: long delays then being told an item has been discontinued, not giving me the promised discounts , asking for money back only to receive a statement showing a credit that I cant access, long waits on with very expensive call charges...…… Can I at least save you some money and time spent on the phone calls. Through an awful lot of searching, I found an email address and I have got responses using it. It's helpline@redoute.co.uk Such a shame this company delivers bad service as I like a lot of their products. Good luck everyone"
"Good collection of clothes but the delivery is ridiculous. On their website, it says 3-7 working days for delivery, but I've placed my order on the 25/07 and I still haven't received it (03/08). I would expect at least an email, notifying me that the delivery will be delayed. I placed that order for my holiday, that I am departing today..."
"Impossible to get a response from these people Side tables turned up damaged. They call and say they will try again, which they do not, and do not bother calling mobile provided. Tables now out of stock. Not impressed."
"There’s a reason for all the negative reviews. I ordered a parcel, which arrived in the shop yesterday. Got there today with my confirmation email and text. Shop keeper had no idea where the parcel was and said that it never came in. Called Customer Services to get a refund on the order, to which they said “we need a few days to deal with this matter”. Fair enough, however they proceeded to tell me they couldn’t provide me with any updates and that they couldn’t transfer me to the parcel shop team so I would just have to wait until my refund is processed with no information. That is completely unacceptable. I asked for an email confirmation and all I had was “I’ll ask them to email you.” So at this point I have no parcel, no refund and have no idea when anything will be processed or whether my query was even passed on the parcel shop team, so will have to phone back daily to ask for updates."
"Horrible experience ! I bought a shoe cupboard from them, the panel was scratch and it took over a month to get them to send me replacement. They can’t just send the panel itself but send the whole unit ! I have to took time off to receive the bloody item !!! Another worst part, the replacement arrived. The finished of the shoe cupboard is different. The 1st one that I received was matt finish , the second was gloss finish ! I end up needed to change all the 3 panels . On top of this.. I am speading 7 p per min to call their customer care !! AVOID !!!"
"If I could give La Redoute zero stars I would. Avoid La Redoute at all costs, faulty goods and an untrustworthy company with cocky useless agents. Agree with so many other dissatisfied customers on here, please be warned. Items are either poor quality grossly overpriced rags, severely delayed, out of stock or faulty, if not all of the above and you will have to fight tooth and nail for your rightful refund. Received faulty brogues weeks ago and am still waiting for the refund to be deposited back into my account even now! The insole almost fell out upon trying on and was too short for the size leaving a big gap at the toe! Sent their shoddy shoes back through their Hermes return service, told to wait 14 days once back to their warehouse but not a squeak well after this time lapse. So much time wasted chasing this up with useless agents devoid of a brain cell or basic manners. Told to call on their chargeable customer services phoneline which is an absolute cheek when they are at fault. Finally received email stating the brogues had not been returned and to send a copy of my postal receipt in evidence if I wanted my refund!!! Luckily I kept this with the Hermes stamp. I always post with Hermes and they are 100% reliable and trustworthy, the opposite of La Redoute who could learn heaps from them about the meaning of good customer service. This company are intent on keeping your money for returned goods, please beware and using delay tactics in the hope you forget or give up! If you return an item be sure to get a receipt from the courier as they will deny receipt. The return order sheet was also placed inside the shoe box, so absolutely no mixups at my end. To add insult to injury they have the cockiness to add the tagline 'at La Redoute we strive to offer an amazing customer service' to all their useless emails, what a joke. All you get from this company is red faced! Please be warned- always keep your returns receipt or you will not see your refund."
"I'm very unhappy with the service of La Redoute. The site states the 'easy return-policy', but the reality is a lot more cumbersome. You need to pay the costs of sending something back yourself. The customer service suggested that I should pay for returning the package back to France (which would costs about EUR 30,-) to get refunded for the amount I paid for the product (about EUR 31,-). Additionally, the customer service is unable to provide answers for your specific situation: they only copy + paste standard pre-written non-specific answers. I will never (!) order a product again at La Redoute and I would like to warn other potential buyers as well!"
"I have orderd a few items and am very happy with my orderd and delivery time xx 10/10"
"I couldn't actually see or receive my order because of the terrible delivery company (Panther Group) selected by La Redoute. Missed scheduled deliveries twice in a row despite having received items on time by La Redoute. I would highly recommend all retailers NOT TO USE Panther for delivery. 6 Apr - item was delivered to Panther in wrong depot 7 Apr - item was moved to the correct depot (more than 24hrs before scheduled delivery) 8 Apr - scheduled delivery missed because they couldnt scan item on time... 11 Apr - scheduled delivery missed again"
"La redoute have taken order and the payment and not sent the order. 12 days on...3 emails which have not been replied to and two phone calls (first told me la redoute have been v busy!, the second told me that la redoute would send an email later that day with the results of the investigation of my failed to be delivered order...of course la redoute did not send that email reply). advice is to AVOID this company - they take your money, don't deliver and then don't answer queries and worst of all they still have my money!!!! fraudulent practices I have resorted to reviewing here in the hope that la redoute have the courtesy to reply and offer an explanation, as well as to warn others to avoid this dishonest company. I rate la redoute zero stars"
"I ordered some bedroom furniture in December and 3 months later, I am still waiting for some of it. There was nothing to indicate that it would be out of stock at the time - had there been, I wouldn't have placed an order. I've chased multiple times and I was firstly told there was insufficient stock in the website (despite it still being available for sale online). Then I was told it had arrived in France but there were "IT issues" causing further delays. Customer services keep fobbing me off with the same, copied and pasted response and nobody seems to have a clue when my items may arrive. I has issues with the courier who delivered the rest of the order (Panther Logistics - avoid at all costs). Despite La Redoute's website saying that their couriers will text to arrange a convenient time for delivery, this does not occur. Panther text about 10pm the night before they intend to deliver. This gives you zero time to arrange leave from work/someone to wait in. They don't provide a phone number to reschedule deliveries and the "tracking link" which they send in their text messages doesn't let you track the order, let alone reschedule. I was hounded by a delivery driver who was trying to deliver despite me phoning customer services (having searched online for a number to no avail and replied to the automated text message in the hope that this would result in me receiving a number - it did). Panther's customer services didn't bother to tell him that I'd rescheduled so he kept phoning me to say that he was on his way and I kept asking him not to bother. He then turned up at 10pm in the evening, despite the cancellation, but told La Redoute that he has delivered at 7pm. Oh and Panther actually managed to lose my kingsized bed. They told me it would be delivered one day and they cancelled because they had lost it! All in all, an utterly useless combination. Avoid La Redoute furniture unless you want a load of agro."
"their product are great and delivery is fast"
"I bought a black faux fur jacket from la redoute, at a discount price, and was extremely impressed with the quality. I had many compliments when I wore it to a recent christening. Many thanks."
"Been shopping here for ages now. The quality of the clothes is top notch and although you do pay a bit more for them, they are well worth the money."
"The worst company ever, please do not buy from them. Twice I made the mistake to purchase from them and on both occasions they messed it up. I was delivered a chair (matching a desk) only to be told (5 days after I received the chair) that the desk was discontinued. The 2nd episode was in early December 2017 when they delivered me a faulty rug (big stain on a pattern), after the return they sent me another rug but it was smaller. I have spent so much time on the phone with them, it is appalling. Simply stay away please."
"Ordered a jacket and it never arrived. I did get my money back but only after weeks long struggle with the company. Will not order again."
"They gave me more credit so I shopped around on the site, to then be told after 2 weeks that they've canceled my order due to late minimum payment which I'd already paid. Theyre french so expect rude service."
"Great value and selection of products. Had to return an item after Christmas, customer service were very helpful and informative. Simple process from start to finish."
La Redoute is rated 2.71 based on 58 reviews