Kwik-Fit Reviews

38% of reviewers recommend Kwik-Fit
08AM
8AM

Popular Questions:

How can I contact Kwik-Fit?

Tell us how Kwik-Fit made you happy

Email, Live Chat, Telephone
"Made a complaint in January about disgraceful service in Hamilton Kwik Fit. Have had 1 contact from a “manager” who left a message to call back. Called back quickly and never heard since. Have received letters saying kwik fit received a recent contact from me and to call them. It’s now June and I have asked for no more letters, no calls and to forget my complaint as 5 months later is useless."
Are you Kwik-Fit? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"Kwik Fit Thornbury, Bradford. Absolute scam artists. Tried to charge me £1,200 for a new exhaust (without catalytic converter), 2 front budget tyres and some brake fluid. When I asked how much just for the exhaust I was quoted £625. I got all of the the work done for £320 from Calverley Autos and my brake fluid was full when I checked it. What made me really angry though was that their reception was full of vulnerable OAPs who will all have been getting scammed. I’m going to complain to Trading Standards. Avoid."
"Took my car in for an interim service and MOT yesterday. Dropped the car off 8:20 for its 8:30am appointment. Was told would be done by 1pm. 2pm I phone them to ask if my car is ready,they said it would be ready at 4:30pm. I asked why it would be so long as they had had my car since 8:30am. Was then told that they had run out of oil,I said that it has been booked in for a week so they had plenty of time to ensure they had the correct parts in,was then told that they didn’t have the correct filter so had to order it in (then in my log book the filter hasn’t been marked as changed) then get a phone call at 3:30pm to say my car is ready. Go and collect my car and there is a massive 4 inch scratch on my passangers door above the handle. I asked what had happened,the guy who was in charge that day an L Skeet and the guy who signed my paperwork Bryn came out and said that it was already there and had marked it on the MOT card and they just walked off. Why would you mark a scratch. Proof of this was not able to be given and have written a formal complaint. Avoid this place at all costs!!!!!!!"
"KwikFit Windsor - poor service I took my car into KwikFit Windsor last week for my tyres to be tracked. The service took about an hour and the cost was reasonable. As I drove away from the Windsor Garage, both my traction control and stabilising control warning lights came on in my BMW 320d. I know that these type of notifications can occur shortly after works to the tyres so didn't think too much of these warnings until the next day. The car became very floppy to drive and in light rain became dangerous. I took the car back to KwikFit Fit Windsor at the earliest available time and told them about the problem. The fitter, Manager and another fitter all told me that this had nothing to do with them, mate. It must be an intermittent fault that I hadn't noticed previously. Wrong, the fault occurred minutes after driving away from the Windsor Garage. The car drove just fine until they carried out their tracking works! I am pleased to say that they fixed the fault at my second visit, but sadly, only for a couple of minutes before the tracking warning signals reappeared and the vehicle began to move irratically again. Of course, I called them immediately but was again told that this fault had nothing to do with their works. I had no choice but to book the car into the BMW Garage in Maidenhead to resolve this potentially dangerous fault. I will not use Kwik Fit again and I will insist that they settle any costs that I incur to resolve their shoddy and dangerous works. Darren Mott Windsor"
"I’ve been to Kwik fit fielden Street on September 2018 to chenge my tyers, same as usual the answer is (we don’t have time we are fully booked) went to Kwik-Fit Anniesland been served with no problems and I bought insurance with my tyers. I had a puncher last week so I went to Kwik-Fit fielden Street and the answer is sorry we’re fully booked come back tomorrow or try somewhere else!!!! So I said to him I’ve got insurance with you for my tyers then he said you can try your luck afternoon!!!! maybe we can help!!!!! I came back afternoon and he said there’s nothing wrong with your tyer your wheel is damaged you need to fix it!!!! If been to fix my wheen and the ppl on that garage checked the wheel and the tyer... the answer is nothing wrong with your wheel and they mark where is the leak on the tyer.... so ( they haven’t checked my tyer and they are not interested to work ) i came back to them and the same answer sorry we can’t help we’re busy and fully booked!!!! And at the same time there’s no customers waiting and there’s no cars waiting!!!! I’ve spoken to the complaint department they sent me to another branch and ive sent pic and video of the place at the time I hope something going ti change!!!! The manager at the time called Andy !!!"
"Awful customer service from Maidstone Kwik fit! An MOT service clearly geared towards making as much money as possible from a vulnerable women."
"Very dangerous company and i would stay away from them.. Very dangerous company and i would stay away from them. Took a nice running fiesta to Horsham Kwik Fit, Had two tires fitted and an oil change. left Kwik fit with a lopsided steering wheel and a knocking sound from one of the tires they changed. took it back and the manager was rude and sarcastic he also said its normal for the steering wheel to be at 45mins to the hour instead of 12 o'clock. they are dangerous and never ever will i go there again."
"Unfortunately a tyre exchange in July 2018 was not done properly and my wheels were not properly reattached leading to one of them flying off when next being driven. Fortunately no one was injured but 6 months later am still trying to get transparency on what happened and compensation. Customer service considering the incident is non existent"
"took my car in for tracking and alignment. when I got it back the mechanic said he had adjusted it but the report sheet showed the 'after' with a red value. when I questioned this he said that 'it should be like that as it was set by the factory'. when I checked with the manufacturer they said that 'whoever claimed this was a dangerously ignorant, incompetent and irresponsible individual who should not be let anywhere near a vehicle'!! I contacted KF who have not even bothered to respond"
"The Wilmslow branch. Appalling dishonesty from both the manager and staff. I had a punctured tyre and was persistently lied to by the staff. They insisted that they needed to change both tyres, even though all tyres on the vehicle were perfectly legal, and not even that old. I had challenged them instantly, and they persisted in lying to me. It was only as my tow-truck driver threatened to drive off, did the back down and offer to just replace the punctures tyre. I will never use them again!"
"Admittedly I turned up as an emergency- my exhaust had fallen apart and I was about to embark on a long journey. The mechanic said they were only fixing tyres and could do nothing until the following day- gave no suggestions for any other local people who could help. When I lived in Milton Keynes 6 years ago, they lived up to their name- they were fast and efficient. Not now, sadly."
"Booked for MOT at reading branch on their website weeks providing all vehicle details. Few hours before me having to take my car for MOT test Kwik-Fit cancelled my MOT booking because their garage is not equipped for MOT of larger 4x4's (my car is Class 4 MOT). Very unprofessional. Avoid..."
"Air con regas leaked after 2 days"
"I had the tyre insurance when I changed my two front tyres 6 months ago but when I went to them about a repair because there was a screw in one of them they said it couldn't be repaired because it was on the edge so I said can I have a new tyre then because I have bought the insurance for them from your selfs he said no because they were to worn even when I only had a mot from them a week before when I said I wasn't going to leave until they changed them they called the police"
Kwik-Fit is rated 2.68 based on 34 reviews