Kwik-Fit Reviews

of reviewers recommend Kwik-Fit
Email, Live Chat, Telephone

Tell us how Kwik-Fit made you happy
Mobile tyre fitting - do not use! They accept your booking, take your payment, send confirmation of booking appointment in 2 days time - then email to say they won’t be coming for 4 days. No car for 4 days - payment taken - dreadful service. I wish I’d read all the bad reviews before I parted with my money! Two of their email contact addresses they have on their website don’t take emails. What a dreadful company
Told i needed a new tyre as it was badly worn on the inside,called at another local firm informed me the tyre was fine just needed the puncture mending
Went to the Kwik fit off lode lane Solihull quoted at least a 2 plus hour wait How can they call it Kwik
garage at… This is a review for Reading garage at Richfield Avenue  I gave up taking my car to this garage... everytime I've been there they "recommend" many things that you don't actually need...I took my car to fix a nail punching and they "recommended " changing the 4 tires... and they refused to fix the punching... I think this is a management issue... because I used to go to the one in Addlestone and they are just fine. If you don't want to get ripped off don't take your car to this garage. They abuse of our ingenuity of car mechanics.....
Tried telling me about lots of faults on the car, there were none, confirmed with car dealership only wanted exhaust checking :: beware::: I did a google and find this is common practice bbc dailymail etc have reported similar
The AA called ahead to the Sevenoaks branch to check if they could replace a punctured tyre. The branch confirmed they had tyres in stock and could do the repair within 45 minutes. After an hour and a half at the branch I was informed they didn’t have correct tyres and I would need to come back. I declined especially after I had to tell the staff 3 times which tyre had the puncture and them arguing they knew what they were doing and I was wrong. On a positive, they did find the puncture on the third tyre they tried.
I booked to have two tyres fitted at home as I have a disability. I was quoted over £25 cheaper but would have meant going into a garage to have the work done and I didn’t feel up to that. I booked and paid 24 hours later on Friday I got a call saying they could no longer install at home and I would need to go into the nearest garage and have to wait another 24 hours. The company that originally quoted me couldn’t get the tyres in prior so I ended up paying more money and the garage took over 75 minutes to complete the work. A total waste of my time and money. Been waiting for customer services to get back over 6 days I have heard nothing from them!! Cheaper and more reliable companies out there stay away.
Took my car for MOT week before christmas to Kwik-Fit Birstall. Long story short - they quoted me £700 for work which ended up costing less than £200 elsewhere!! Will never return to Kwik-Fit.
I had a new tyre put on my car at Kwik Fit in Wrexham to which they rotated my tyres back to the correct place very kindly and grately, but ever since I drove at 70mph my steering wheel would shake, so I went back on the weekend and asked if they could take a look at the balancing and explained it was at 70mph, and the rude woman response was 'Our machines only do up to 70mph, so if your driving over that which is illegal anyway, there is nothing we can do about it.' So i explained this has never happened before to which she explained 'we have had other customer's complain about the wheel shaking, but as it's over 70mph there is nothing we can do' to which she then said they could 'check' but it's a 2 hour wait, to which i refused as the way i had just been spoken to! To which i got a second opinion who then advised me this was rubbish! I went to F1 autocentre the next day, and said the same thing to them, which there was No Problem with the 70mph 'limit', to then find out 2 of my tyres had been counter balanced and were completely off by 20! Only go to Kwik fit if you want to mess your car up or be spoken to rudely.
Booked appointment at Kwik Fit centre as i belive after hiting a curb due to careless other driver made my front wheels tracking not being safe and working correctly.. Expected that after free appoitment to check wheels allignment some correction would be done (not expected to have work done for free). arrived at the centre 10 min prior to appoitment just to be told few words only rude way that made me cancell the appoitment. When arrived, being just told ,,its going to be coupple hours.'' when asked does job takes that long on it, got told straight, ,,no , it will be coupple hours before we get you on the ramp.'' my replay was, ,,so what about making appoitment for selected time?, does that mean anything?'' to witch the response just is ,,APPOITMENTS MEANS NOTHING''. after these few words i decidet to cancel appoitment and leave. the reception guy just responded ,,ok''. Im starting to understand all negative reviews left on kwik fit. it feels that becouse checking is free, centres just avoid doing the job at all. Leaves me with unsafe driving condition and unhappy revievws to leave
they wanted over £800 for MOT 'repairs' which turned out most were not needed -I paid less than £300 in another garage! Complete con artists, would never ever go to kwik fit again..thank god I got a second opinion
I’ve been to Kwik Fit twice in for an MOT, once last year and again last weekend. I found the staff to be friendly and informative on my last visit so I chose to go agin this year for an MOT The major reason I am leaving a little 1 star is because of the terribly misinformed information I was given about to the change in law regarding MOT failures!! With no dangerous faults on my vehicle AND 1 week remaining on my current MOT I was told that it would be ILLEGAL to drive my car on the roads as of that day INCLUDING COMMUTING TO WORK. I had 1 week remaking on my MOT and was told that branch couldn’t fix it for 2/3 weeks. I rely on my car to get me to work, I can’t afford time off. Found out today that’s not exactly correct. READ THE CHANGE IN LAW YOURSELF! I took it on good faith I was being told the correct information and it has cost me a weekend of stress, rushing around and nearly £1200 for a new car i didn’t need for repair I could have fixed for £300/£400 in the coming week! The whole experience and information I was told has left me feeling like an idiot and I’m enraged. Based on that I will don’t think I’ll be going back
Had my MOT at Erith Kwikfit. Car was failed on several major faults all linked to suspension arm and drop links. However, had replaced the drop links previous year so was concerned. Took the car to another garage the next day and it passed without any problems at all. Went back to Kwikfit to question their MOT and received a hostile response. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. They are a massive rip off and if I had left my car there to have the ‘faults’ rectified I would have been looking at a £600-£700 bill. BE WARNED.
Took my car for MOT to the Erith Branch and was told that before they could carry out the MOT I needed to pay for 6l of engine oil bcos the engine oil in the car was low otherwise my car engine will knock. . After the MOT, I was told there was a nail in my tyre and needed 2 buy new tyres, and front & rear break pads needed replacing as well as 2 brake discs quoting £500. As I didn't plan to spend that amount on a 3 year old car, I said I will bring it back at the end of October. I took it to Ancaster Nissan for full car service and was told I only need 1 tyre, and the other tyre with the nail was repaired. For the brake pads, they can still go another 15000 miles, after which they will recheck it to see if it needs replacing. The discs dont need changing at all. In total, I paid £380 for a full service, repair of a tyre and replaced a new tyre. The same would have cost £800+ with Kwit Fit even though it was the manager that attended to me at Kwit Fit.
Took my car for MOT and was told that before they could carry out the MOT I needed to pay for 6l of engine oil bcos the engine oil in the car was low otherwise my car engine will knock. . After the MOT, I was told there was a nail in my tyre and needed 2 buy new tyres, and front & rear break pads needed replacing as well as 2 brake discs quoting £500. As I didn't plan to spend that amount on a 3 year old car, I said I will bring it back at the end of October. I took it to Ancaster Nissan for full car service and was told I only need 1 tyre, and the other tyre with the nail was repaired. For the brake pads, they can still go another 15000 miles, after which they will recheck it to see if it needs replacing. The discs dont need changing at all. In total, I paid £380 for a full service, repair of a tyre and replaced a new tyre. The same would have cost £800+ with Kwit Fit even though it was the manager that attended to me at Kwit Fit.
Over priced company. After purchasing a tyre on 30/9/19 from Kwik-Fit I found out that I could have purchased the same at another garage near for over £50 cheaper. Further there were many other garages who were a lot less than Kwik-Fit. Never again.
Rip off merchants. Took in for MOT, had fairly new tyres but checked over before hand and could not see an issue. They called saying that there was a tear that went down to the threads in one of the tyres and it will cost £80 to change. It was only after I agreed that colleagues told me this is a trick of theirs and after looking it up online saw other people making the same complaint. They then phoned me up saying the wheels are out of line and they can fix it for £130, I said no. The wheels are fine, had no issues and there was nothing picked up in the advisories last MOT and the service picked up nothing about 5 months before, yet they have made a list of 8 advisory items despite very few miles being done on the car since the last MOT. Will never use again, it seems like most the people in my office have been ripped off by Kwik Fit, please do your research before choosing your garage, speak to family and friends that can vouch for them, and try and avoid chains at all cost, as Halfords have ripped me off before too.
My son booked a MOT and Interim service online for the 11th September 2019 and payed in full £112 My son dropped of his car a Vauxhall Corsa S Eco flex Reg. SH63 PLJ @ 08:30 11TH September at the Coatbridge depot.. He was contacted at 10:05 by the depot supervisor/manager Craig and was told his car needed a coil spring and a spec switch to pass its MOT. My son gave the go-ahead for the repairs but told the car would not be ready until after 16:30. My son phoned me and asked if I could collect his car as he was backshift and started work at 14:00. I agreed. At 17:01 my son text me and said that he was contacted and that the car was ready. I got a taxi to the depot and waited until 17:55 and then was told the car was not MOT’d or had the service done yet and could I come back in the morning. I asked why and was told by Craig that it needed a coil spring and a spec switch fitted and he didn’t have the time to complete the job even though the car was there from 08:30? He asked me to pay the bill at this time. I asked if I had to pay for the MOT and service also as I did not know my son had already payed it. Craig said as a goodwill gesture he was going to give my son 2 years free wheel alignment because his car wasn’t ready. I payed £250 which I thought was for MOT, Service and the two repairs specified, it wasn’t till I got home I realized that he had charged me £139.95 for what he said was a good will gesture. My son took the car back the next day but Craig did not speak with him. I phone the depot also just to be hung up upon. The wheel alignment was not asked for and my son did not want it so I don’t understand why this guy charged me £139.95?
Cheap but........ Have now got oil leak drips on driveway!!! Overfilled On checking dipstick, level is 6mm above high mark!!! Very poor service. Engine plastic cover has been removed, but not replaced after service, now cost £60 to replace it. When asked about it, just got excuses that it was not fitted!!! Trust is a big thing, I would never use them again!!! Cheap yes but I would rather pay double and use a main dealer.
Kwik-Fit is rated 2.58 based on 83 reviews