Juicy Bikes Reviews

99% of reviewers recommend Juicy Bikes

About Juicy Bikes: We make electric bikes designed for the hills of the Peak District and pride ourselves on our reputation for best value and great service. Our bikes are as much about style and comfort as they are about technology - we want our riders to love our bikes and enjoy the pleasures of cycling once more.

Juicy Bikes
Eco Republic
5, The Colonnade

How would you rate Juicy Bikes?

Sue
Verified Buyer

we bought two Juicy bikes I had the new Poco bike OMG it is magic it has given me a new lease of life I am 5' 3 and it is perfect it is so easy to ride, we have 40 miles batteries and it last a long time saddle is very comfortable the bike is very easy to manage and looks stylish. My husband had the Sport click and he loves it he says the same as me comfort easy to handle
stylish we will never go back to ordinary bikes. I have problems with my legs lack of a calf muscle and power this has been the answer to my problem , you still have to peddle however when the pressure builds up in my leg and it needs to rest I put on the power and the battery kicks in which relieves my leg pressure and I can turn off the power when my leg has rested .we love our Juicy bikes we took them to Alsace for a month with us and used them every day it was fab it has been the best couple of thousand pounds we have spent in a long time thank you JUICY bikes we love them. The sales and customer service team are brilliant well done and thank you.
Gosh - Sue, thank you for this great feedback. It's good to hear you're enjoying the bikes.
Sue &
Verified Buyer

We went to Juicy Bikes with open minds about buying electric bikes. We had done our research earlier, but following our discussions ,two test rides, our decision was easy and we bought two bikes and a tow bar cycle rack. There was no hard sell, just sensible and practical advice. The fact that there is power to assist peddling when necessary, mans that we are now cycling much more than we ever have done. Brilliant !
We're really pleased the bikes are doing their job. Thank you.
Pamela
Verified Buyer

In general pleased with my purchase although I have had a couple of minor issues.
Hi Pamela. Do let us know what these issues are - we're keen to help resolve. We'd like you to be completely happy!
Simon &
Verified Buyer

Really great electric bikes at a really good price by really nice people.
Our pleasure, Thank you both.
Nick
Verified Buyer

Super service,super staff, super bikes. Very happy would definitely recommend.
Thanks Nick!
Philip
Verified Buyer

I have enjoyed using my Juicy Bike for its first year in and around Hereford City. The battery assist is very useful and in particular, on some of the hills and gradients which I would otherwise have difficulty with.

Queuing traffic at street junctions find it amazing to see a cycle 'powering away' from standstill without visual signs of effort from the rider!

Whilst I recharge the battery during daytime with free electricity via my house roof PV panels, I have noted recently that this recharge appears to be needed more frequently. I am concerned about battery durability as the cycle will not now cover the suggested 25 miles prior to recharge.

Sincerely, Phil Edwards
Hi Philip and thanks for the feedback. You will notice that as the weather gets colder, range will reduce. When the spring returns your range will increase again.
Annamaria
Verified Buyer

I love my Juicy Bike, it flattens out the hills of Sheffield for me and makes getting around the city so easy.
Susan
Verified Buyer

Couldn't be happier with my Juicy, I'm always recommending it to anyone who shows an interest. As a newly diagnosed MS sufferer I'm unable to walk very far so my bike is a lifeline, enabling me to get to the shops and volunteer at a local school. I have to be careful getting on and off because of the weight but otherwise it's brilliant! Staff at the New Mills shop were really helpful too. Thank you!
Thanks Susan. We'll let the staff at New Mills know... It's great to hear about your volunteering work - hats off to you!
Simon
Verified Buyer

excellent advice, top quality service and the two we have purchased are wonderful. They are very easy to use and are ideal for the Glossop hills.
Thanks Simon - good to know they're performing around Glossop!
Craig
Verified Buyer

Very happy great product but my light doesn't work apart from that all great
Give us a call Craig, or we can fix during your first free service
Tom
Verified Reviewer

We've had our bikes for, I guess, about seven years now. They still work! There were, if memory serves me (unlikely, I'm 80 now!) a few very minor teething problems which were sorted without quibble. J has completed several 25-mile charity rides and I still have the same idiotic grin as I ride 'Lucy' down to the Co-op for the paper and the occasional bottle of Pinot. Wicker baskets are wonderful. What's not to like?
Thanks for sharing Tom. Good to know you and Joyce are still enjoying the bikes!
David
Verified Reviewer

Good bikes from friendly people. Could be a bit better organised when arranging test runs for people living out of the area.
Also I would echo a previous review that more warning could be given about the tenancy for electric bikes to run away when turning at low speed. My wife ended up with the bike on top of her when she tried a walking speed 90 degree turn. Turning the pedal caused the motor to kick in and the back wheel to shoot away sideways.
Hi David - our advice, when doing slow manoeuvres, is to keep one brake lever partly held. As soon as the brakes are slightly operated all power to the motor is cut, helpful during a 90 degree turn. Thanks for sharing.
Elizabeth
Verified Buyer

Very good bike impressed with the way it goes
Thanks Elizabeth
Jeff
Verified Buyer

Hi, I have been the proud owner of one of your Juicy cycles for just over a year now , and in that time I have cycled coming up to 1, 000 miles. I had tried many other cycles from other suppliers but finding your company at The Cycle Show at the NEC in 2015 and receiving some sound advice from Oliver I went ahead and placed a order.
The cycle I purchased was value for money , if I have needed any advice your company has been most helpful. I would not hesitate in recommending Juicy Electric Cycles to anyone .
Jeff Ruscoe. Shropshire.
Thanks Jeff, we'll make sure Oliver gets your feedback. Enjoy your bike.
Sara
Verified Buyer

After riding for a couple of months to get used to riding on the road again, my folding electric bike gave me the confidence to cycle from where I live in Bromley to London for The Freecycle this summer. I cycled the entire route twice and then came home on main roads from London . I had the power to pull away from traffic lights and felt relaxed and in control. I could carry lots of snacks and drinks in the panniers along with a good padlock leaving my body free to move. The ride and subsequent cycling trips are very comfortable on the saddle and with the puncture resistant tyres. I do not always use the power assist so I can work as hard as I want and go longer distances in the knowledge that if I get tired I have the power to get home. Also so when people say I'm cheating because of having the assistance I can tell them what I do which inevitably impresses particularly those who are finding cycling without help a struggle. They can see it is keeping me on a bike and keeping me fitter as I get older.
Thanks for sharing Sara - that's very informative. Good to hear your fitness is improving and the bike is doing its job. Thank you.
Sally
Verified Buyer

Bike is great, easy to use. Particularly like the 'accelerator' to help get going on inclines and to push it up hills.
Used it 3 times so far. Unfortunately on the last occasion on a canal towpath, the back wheel slipped sideways, I crashed into the bridge, the bike and me fell over. End result was a trip to A&E, x rays, painkillers. Ultimately resulted in spinal surgery a few weeks later. Think there needs to be more caution given to riders about the possibility of this happening and what the consequences may be ( although I am sure mine are quite extreme!!). Another electric bike rider I was with experiences the same back wheel sliding but was better able to cope with it.

Don't let this put you off having an electric bike, they are great, but do treat them with caution.
Oh Sally! So sorry to hear this news - not the best way to find out how powerful the bikes are. We hope you recover very soon and thanks for sharing - wise words indeed.
John
Verified Buyer

Delighted with my Juicy folding bike. I have been out daily for around 10 to 12 miles usually with ascents and descents of more than 700 feet. The bike has been trouble free.
I am in my mid seventies and hadn't been on a bike for thirty years. I purchased this bike to help with my arthritis, new knee, ankle joints and diabetes. When I found I could do a full rotation of the pedals on an excercise cycle I went Juicy Bikes and tried their cycles with this great success.
I hope my general fitness will will improve and I will start to shed some excess weight.
Thanks John - pleased the bike is doing its job for you.
Valerie
Verified Buyer

I like my Juice bike a lot, but it's a bit long and heavy no good for carrying on the roof rack of the car.
That's useful feedback Valerie. We also have some lighter Compact Plus folding bikes and our new, light-weight Roller is receiving very good reviews. A tow-bar mounted cycle rack is something you might find useful too.
Linda
Verified Buyer

I had a very bad back issue for about 1 and a half year which did not allow me to walk for more than 30 mins without being in pain at my worst state. The bike allowed me to go around with as much effort as I want put in to strengthen myself up, but at the same time give me the help while I can't. Very well build bike. It's not the cheapest in the market but from the look and the spec that you get it's worth the money. Only down side is, someone small like me, 5ft, can't really fold and unfold the bike by myself.
Thanks for sharing Linda. Hope your fitness is improving and you can continue to enjoy your bike even more.
Marie
Verified Buyer

I absolutely LOVE my Juicy Bike!

I can't praise the design and workmanship enough. It has given me confidence to get out and about and even with arthritic knees it is so easy to ride. The service at Eco Republic was fabulous too, such friendly staff - it made the whole process of buying one such a pleasure.
My partner even loves it enough to ride it up hill to the shops instead of taking the car, despite the girly colour and basket on the front.....he needs one of his own!
Seriously though - I highly recommend them, especially to people who suffer from joint problems. I would encourage anyone to try one and I guarantee you will fall in love.
Thank you Marie - that's praise indeed. We'll be sure to let the staff at Eco Republic know too. Thanks very much for sharing.
Juicy Bikes is rated 4.82 based on 97 reviews