Juicy Bikes Reviews

98% of reviewers recommend Juicy Bikes

About Juicy Bikes: We make electric bikes designed for the hills of the Peak District and pride ourselves on our reputation for best value and great service. Our bikes are as much about style and comfort as they are about technology - we want our riders to love our bikes and enjoy the pleasures of cycling once more.

Juicy Bikes
Henmore Trading Estate
Off Mayfield Road

How would you rate Juicy Bikes ?

"Customer service was fine, although there was only one guy in the shop on his own with other customers, so perhaps could be better staffed as they knew I was coming to collect the bike. The bike itself is wonderful - from the first week of owning it I have been using it 2 to 3 times a week for work, doing 10 miles each way and for somebody who hasn't ridden a bike for years, I'd say it is doing a superb job of keeping me motivated even on those cold mornings! I would recommend Juicy Bikes to anybody, especially using the Cycle scheme as I did."
"made my life easer traveling to work in the dark at 5am."
"I bought my bike from a local dealer, who sadly closed down the shop soon afterwards. My fear about having any problems, in this case a fault developing on my charger, happened. However, upon ringing Juicy bike HQ, they quickly and without hesitation sent out a new unit. Absolutely brilliant customer focus, and the bikes are awesome too. Really happy with this UK based company."
"Love my juicy bike, it's now in France and doing many happy kilometres. Thanks for all the help in changing the brakes etc for riding in Europe."
"Great bike, cycling is pure pleasure again.Bring on those hills! Very comfortable bike, battery easily recharged. Pleasant, helpful service from Juicy."
"We bought the bikes to take on our extended trip to Europe with our Motor home. They are brilliant and so easy to get on and go. We are both retired and not fit and we have not been on a bike since our childhood. It has given us so much freedom to explore places we wouldn't get to by Motorhome and you can park anywhere!! All we need now is a basket to carry our dog and everything will be perfect. We feel like kids again!!"
"Friendly personal service, thank you!"
"Our electric folding bike arrived on Friday 6th Oct after several weeks of waiting due to high demand. It arrived in a large box direct from China and was not checked at the UK end as far as I can tell, for any possible defects or problems. As it turned out there were no problems and assembly was straightforward, although some basic tools were needed and some people might struggle to put it together. A stand which holds the bike off the ground allowing for adjustments to be made helps. In fact I had to make quite substantial adjustments to the front brake to get it working and some minor tweaks to the rear derailleur also required. Having done all of that everything worked well. If you are lucky enough to live close to the Juicy UK office then they would do all this for you, but I am a days drive away! Have not used the bike much yet, so cannot give a meaningful report on road use, but first impressions are good. As a final comment I would like to say that I have had no follow-up contact from Juicy Bikes UK since the bike arrived in its box back in early Oct. It would have been good customer service in my view to receive a call from Juicy asking if everything was OK. It is after all a bike costing over £1000! This questionnaire is the first contact."
Thanks for your comments David. We did indeed find it difficult to keep up with demand this year without letting quality slip.

Our bikes are first checked by our own quality control staff sent from our Peak District workshop before they leave the factory. We do check each again after they arrive in Derbyshire and before being sent to customers with UK TNT who are generally very reliable.

Often we send to a customer's local bike shop if we haven't a Juicy Bike stockist nearby (we actually prefer this) but many customers choose to receive the bike direct and we are always available (well, Monday to Saturday, 9.30 to 5.00 by phone, 24 / 7 by email) to help with any questions.

Your idea to get a call on the day of receipt of a new bike is excellent and we've been discussing how we might make certain this happens for every customer. It's a challenge, certainly. But we do like to push ourselves and have some ideas for including this into our daily routine.

Thanks again for your feedback and we're pleased to hear the bike is working well.
"We love our brilliant Juicy bikes ! So glad we bought them. The whole experience of purchasing them from very friendly and helpful staff to the great quality of the bikes themselves, a joy to purchase and ride."
"Cycling is so different. We can cycle further distances, hills are no problem but we are still getting the exercise we want. The bikes are so easy to use and comfortable."
"So much fun when you can pass everyone on an incline 😁"
"The perfect bike for whizzing round. Bike folds up easily"
"Excellent value but most important was the comfortable ride and easy operation of the 3 modes"
"Fantastic bikes. So stylish and the best around for the price."
"Excellent customer service cannot fault their commitment to ensuring the customer is happy. Thank you."
"Friend recommended Juicy Bikes so went to Buxton shop.E bikes available to trial at shop which helped decision which one to buy after initially scrutinising bikes on website. Folding compact ideal for daily short trips and now got Basil rear basket fitted (panniers to cumbersome for rear use) I use it shopping, going to Leisure Centre with my kit and fitting it into car. I have also ventured on 20mile day excursion which with sparing use of battery assist on hilly bits only was enjoyable and not too tiring. Padded saddle and handlebars comfortable when riding and as I am not a speed junky the maximum speed is sufficient for road and trail use."
"I looked at quite a few of this type of bike and overall decided on juicy. I purchased the Dutch style because of the low step through and I haven't been disappointed."
"started to look for a Ebike visiting a number of suppliers to my surprise at most I was unable to even test the product I was expected to spend what I considered a lot of money. I also found they appeared to be more interested in selling me the expensive model rather than what would be best for me. On visiting Juicy at New Mills I met Sarah who was so helpfull and in no way pushy. I was offered a test ride of any of the models in the shop and soon made my decision. The Bike was ready for collection when they said and have got to say as a 64 age man with a very poorly knee I find the bike fantastic. I have had 2 questions and within hours they are back to you with the answers. I feel like I have been treated very well and would have no problem with these lovely people.I purchased the Classic."
"Lovely 24 inch poco bike with a much needed throttle. but no suspension saddle or forks. Nice river colour. Front Light wasn't working at shop so it took quite a while to get that sorted. I eventually put my own sprung saddle on for a softer ride. I have now found my third power mode is not working. So when it goes in for a 6 month service I hope I can get that sorted."
Thanks for this update Corrine and we're pleased you like the bike. Please do not wait for 6 months - just call us or pop in and we'll be glad to get everything working properly.
"I have never had a bike that makes me smile like my juicy bike does. I have been out on it everyday (even in the rain). The after care service has been 1st class. I love my bike ????"
Juicy Bikes is rated 4.85 based on 132 reviews