John Charcol Reviews

of reviewers recommend John Charcol
Read John Charcol Reviews

About John Charcol:

John Charcol is an award-winning team of independent mortgage experts who provide friendly and professional advice both over the phone and in person. We help thousands of people each year and have become one of the top mortgage brokers in the UK.

Tell us how John Charcol made you happy
We're so grateful. After several mortgage brokers from other companies had been too slow and inefficient to help us, we came across John Charcol, in particular Steve Molina and Hayley Sydes. The application process for a 2nd charge mortgage was lengthy due to our current situation, but Hayley kept giving us daily email updates - which was such a caring and approachable way to ease our minds that things were taken care of every step of the way. Anytime there were challenges, Hayley was there to promptly help, with both warmth and efficient action. Making us feel number 1 priority. And thank you to Steve for the excellent advice that led us to getting an offer, and then for helping us get another offer from a second lender when the first one flaked. Steve never gave up. Neither did Hayley. Excellent customer service, we will be back in future.
I have been working with John Charcol for many years and I have always had excellent service.
Thanks to Sarah Dormer and Michelle Gilbert for their professional yet friendly approach, excellent communication skills and resilient. I am happy to recommend their services to everyone and I will not hesitate to use their service again.
I find John Charcol very accommodating and helpful.
Such a smooth process. Steven was very responsive, efficient and kept us informed at all times. We're really happy with the mortgage we got.
The staff were professional throughout the process and found a deal that was suitable to my needs.
I honestly cannot thank Daniel Bowles enough!!! From the bottom of my heart I cannot recommend him enough- the phrase 'going above and beyond' springs to mind.
After I initially had a very poor credit rating, financial issues and basically been told by every other broker that I was unable to get a mortgage any time soon, Dan actually took the time in helping me and offering me phenomenal advice/support at the drop of a hat.
Without Dan I would never be in the position where I am today (a first-time buyer) and getting on the ladder. After seeing how horrible the property market can be at time (aimed at Estate Agents) Dan & John Charcol were a breath of fresh air in my first property completion as you could actually tell Dan cared about customer service and finding the right product for YOU.
We have been working with John Charcol for the past few years and we have been always very satisfied with great service. Thanks to Sener for his very high level of professionalism and excellent communication skills. We are very happy to recommend John Charcol to anyone requiring mortgage broker services even in complicated circumstances.
Excellent service from the first phone call to the final completion. Thank you.
I first started dealing with John Charcol around 9 months before our BTL remortgage actually completed. We had to try two or three different routes to get the mortgage we needed (due to a unique rental situation), so got to build a great relationship with the team, brilliantly led by Charlotte A. Charlotte was a great, prompt communicator, and each time we hit a problem, she always had an alternative avenue for us to go down. Thankfully, this persistence paid off, and we got the remortgage, raising the capital we needed for a renovation project. Thanks to Charlotte for all the support. I am very happy to recommend.
Great service and advice. Many thanks.
Very happy with Norbert arranging a bespoke mortgage for me. He kept me informed throughout. Reasonable price for a unique product. Highly recommended.
This was my first remortgage with John Charcol and I will never go anywhere else. Great advice and support throughout the whole process from Cristian and Thomas. I would definitely recommend to everyone! Cristian was brilliant and helped chasing up with solicitors.
This is my second re-morgaging transaction with John Charcol, the service is incredible. Penny and Toni were very efficient, professional and very helpful all the way.

Look forward to work with John Charcol in the future.
Excellent as always from Jack and Cristian at John Charcol. Superb advice and support throughout. A very professional and efficient service, great communication and valuable guidance on products and options, ensuring it is easy to make an informed decision. Really grateful. 10/10
I was leasing with both Hayley & Tiara for my mortgage application. I was more than amazed with the help that was provided which went far and beyond. Really appreciate both for their support and proactiveness on this matter through out the process. Thank you both for the smooth and prompt mortgage application process.
Great customer service, thanks Norbert.
Hi
I dealt with Steve Molina and Katy Swift. Steve did a great job of walking me through options to refinance. As a team, they were exceptionally well informed and took me through the process thoroughly, dealing promptly with questions. Quick follow up and call back when I had queries or needed to send further information. Would definitely work with them again.
From my first contact our dealings with Tiara Hardy and also Katy Swift have been exceptional. At every stage we felt they worked hard and went out of their way to help us realise our dream by buying a beautiful house but with a non-regular lending product. I'm genuinely amazed at how professional, helpful and approachable they've been...thank you both you are a credit to John Charcol and wonderful ambassadors.
Amazing job by Hayley and Tiara who drove things forward and made a complex situation look simple. Thank you both.
I have used John Charcol for 2 remortgages now and have found their customer service excellent. They are very attentive to your needs and provide excellent value for money.
John Charcol is rated 4.85 based on 1,871 reviews