John Charcol Reviews

of reviewers recommend John Charcol
Read John Charcol Reviews

About John Charcol:

John Charcol is an award-winning team of independent mortgage experts who provide friendly and professional advice both over the phone and in person. We help thousands of people each year and have become one of the top mortgage brokers in the UK.

Tell us how John Charcol made you happy
Samantha Walker provided excellent advice and was incredibly helpful in helping me to choose the right product for my needs. She took great care and always answered all the queries I had in a professional, friendly and patient manner. It was a pleasure dealing with her and I can greatly recommend her to any future customers! Christiane
Good analysis of what the best options were for me and persistence in the face of terrible service from the lenders legal providers to get this across the line.
I used John Charcol when purchasing my current home, then initially switched to another broker for my remortgage before quickly realising the error of my ways and switching back to John Charcol! A great, reliable service, you can rest assured you are in safe hands with John Charcol. The remortgage was completed quickly and smoothly, which is particularly commendable given the current circumstances.
I used John Charcol when first purchasing my current house, then initially switched to another broker for my remortgage before quickly realising my error and coming back to John Charcol! A great, reliable service, you can rest assured you are in safe hands. All went smoothly and quickly, which is particularly commendable given the current circumstances.
I have now dealt with John Charcol (Lawrence Bolarinwa) for a number of years and mortgages and he and his team have always provided knowledgable and professional service. They make your life easier to ensure you get the best deal available for your specific set of circumstances.
Above & beyond what I expected.
Friendly customer service
Timely delivery
Overall excellent services
Tried to negotiate with the banks myself but no luck. However with John Charcol's (Charlotte Adams) help I was able to get the mortgage sorted out! Can't ask for more really!
We've been with John Charcol for a number of years and have always been extremely happy with the service we have received.
Very happy with the advice and support given for our recent remortgage, particularly in our slightly unusual circumstances, and the team regularly updated us with progress. This is the 3rd mortgage they have arranged for us and the service has always been exemplary.
I asked for a call back today 19Mau20 at 18h00. As a First Time Buyer I wanted to get some advice on how to get the best mortgage.
To my surprise I got very disappointed.
The advisor who called me back was rude and very unhelpful. He gave me zero information and made me feel like I am stupid.
Hi, we’re really sorry to hear that you were left disappointed with the service provided by John Charcol. We take every review and all feedback seriously and we’d very much appreciate the opportunity to give you the support that you need. Are you able to email me at marketing@johncharcol.co.uk with your reference number, so we can book in a call with you to ensure you’re offered the best advice and support.
Many thanks, Alice Colmer
Exemplary customer service keeping me informed every step of the way. Professional service at its best.
Bruce Anderson at John Charcol has been extremely helpful in helping us renew our mortgage. He clearly set out the options available to us and was quick to respond by phone or email with any queries we had. There was a delay in completing our new mortgage due to a third party error and we are very grateful to Bruce for taking the time to resolve this for us.
Versatile, polite, hardworking. Very good service.
Bruce is very professional, responsive and we think gives us good advice. Very happy with the service.
Katie quickly searched the whole of the market and confirmed that the remortgage deal from my existing lender was the best. She ensured that the switch happened smoothly. Thank you
Being able to remortgage with this company was stressless and very convenient. The friendly staff was able to meet my every need. Thank you for the hard work and I recommend John Charcol to manage your mortgage. Whether it be your first time or a renewal, their proactive and flexible approach will meet all your expectations.
Flexible, understanding, proactive in a difficult time to achieve any business outcomes.
We were having problems getting a mortgage due to a complicated financial situation, but Jyotin Bonomollyram at John Charcol not only found mortgages available to us, but found us an interest only mortgage, which we really didn't think would be possible.
Both Jyotin and his colleague Scott Hodder gave excellent service and there was never a problem contacting them, which is a huge bonus if you need help or have a problem.
I would recommend the company and definitely recommend Jyotin and Scott to anyone looking to get a mortgage.
Our case was far from straightforward to the extent that we are in our retirement years but we still run several businesses which also created a rather complex financial context in terms of being eligible for a mortgage. John Charcol were the only brokers who had the cability and willingness to understand this especially the financial piece. They obviously have a very wide range of options/contacts within the mortgage field including organisations that go beyond box ticking. Our experience of John Charcol's front and back office was excellent. They are very professional, responsive and we always felt they had our back. In the end it was quite a long and protracted journey but Charcol persevered and stuck with it with us all the way to completion. Would thoroughly recommend without hesitation.
Norbert & Becky were fantastic! We had a complex case & instead of simply reaching for the most expensive option Norbert worked tirelessly to find the best option. As soon as things were moving Becky would keep tabs on all parties involved to avoid any hold ups & to keep things moving & kept us "in the picture" We would never think of going anywhere else.
John Charcol is rated 4.85 based on 1,852 reviews