John Lewis Partnership Reviews

79% of reviewers recommend John Lewis Partnership
4PM
4PM

Popular Questions:

How can I contact John Lewis Partnership?

Tell us how John Lewis Partnership made you happy

Telephone
"My purchases are always without hassle and the company provided a reliable guarantee service"
Are you John Lewis Partnership? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Get Access
"Just had a lot of appliances delivered for my new kitchen. Easy to order, great value, shopped around and JL was the best. The delivery was amazing. Really nice guys. Prompt and polite."
"I bought an alarm clock radio which was a bit more expensive than I wanted to pay, but it was loud enough for my poor hearing. After just over a year a fault appeared. A simple phone call and I had a brand new replacement a day or two later. Well worth paying a bit more for such excellent customer service!"
"I find the Company very efficient . I had a bed into my room and ready for me to put the linen on when I moved into a new home, lovely. When I order anything I can choose to pick it up in Waitrose or sent to my home perfect. I have no problems with this large company. Delivery is my choice of time and date."
"Ordered an Oven and a Hob. The best price I could find. Free Delivery. Quick Delivery and one could choose a date. Delivery was very good and they delivered goods to room I wanted, checked goods and waited whilst I checked. Friendly as well. Very happy with Service and the products were so well packaged."
"Anything you buy from this store is Perfect!"
"100% reliable service, keen prices and extended warranty. Superb"
"Products and delivery are excellent"
"Sold me a 55'' Sony TV,delivered it,installed it, and removed all the packaging."
"My go to place."
"Very good customer service togethger with the quality of the products supplied."
"I have struggled over several months to spend money with this long-established company. Since their Customer Service section was outsourced, it is virtually impossible to find out if a particular product is available in a “physical store”. I am sending, by a separate post, a two-page verbatim account of recent attempts to buy shoes, lampshades( JL Samantha, different prices in different stores - surely they don’t do ‘never knowingly undersold’ with themselves!, bread bin, curtain fabric (they assured me that they had 18m in stock- I needed 13m and only when I requested that they unfolded the roll did they discover that the fabric was in two pieces, 11m and 7m!), see an electric patio heater on display before purchasing it at £209 ( despite reassurances that I could see it in the Kingston store when I was staying in Wimbledon, having a coffee and cake in JL Sheffield café to be served dry, stale Victoria sandwich cake, discovering that automatic door access from the car park is on the second floor, whereas the lavatory for customers with disabilities is on the third floor... the list goes on."
"I ordered a Kettle and a Toaster both in white from John Lewis for delivery today. I paid an extra £10+ for timed delivery and took the morning of work to receive. I received a Black Kettle and a White Toaster. Not what I asked for. I contacted John Lewis who said "Sorry but we'll send another one out and we won't charge you an extra delivery charge"?? Extra? They messed up and the 24 hour delivery has now taken 2 mornings of my life and a trip to the Post Office to send back they wrong one and its not what I paid extra for? Their response? Sorry but we won't be offering any good will.....Terrible experience"
"Unacceptable service from John Lewis \… Unacceptable service from John Lewis \ CHS case manager Purchased a carpet , when it was due to be laid the fitter from John Lewis arrived with it saying it had marks on it, we spoke to John Lewis at this point asking if the marks don’t hoover out would we get a replacement. No, was the answer. They would send someone out to clean it. I wasn’t happy with this as it cost just over £2000 for a small front room. So we didn’t have it laid. We waited for a new one. At this point the fitter would have had an empty room, because our new sofas were due to be delivered in the next few days. The new carpet arrived but we now had the sofas in room, I helped the fitter move to the middle of the room. The fitter was left alone in the room for 3 hours. Once the carpet was fitted and the fitter had left , we began to tidy up. We noticed a rip in the back of the sofa at low level which wasn’t there before the fitter arrived. In my option I feel that the carpet fitter has done this with a gripper rod, accidentally. When I contacted John Lewis ( our case manager ) She said she would speak to the fitter. The fitter has denied doing this and said the rip was already there, if this was already done then he should have pointed it out to us there and then because he would have known he would be likely to get the blame. The sofas were in perfect condition on his arrival as they had only been delivered 11days prior our case manager has said because the fitter has denied doing this there’s nothing we can do and there’s no one else we can complain to and if we continue to complain it will only get passed to her. I visited the store at bluewater on 28 feb 19 , and explained everything that had happened and requested someone else deals with this as our case manager has been most unhelpful and has an extremely poor attitude towards customer relations."
John Lewis Partnership is rated 4.21 based on 14 reviews