JG Pest Control Reviews

Returns & Refunds
Refunds Process
Difficult

Tell us how JG Pest Control made you happy
Mislead on price. Appalling customer service. Nothing was sent in writing....prior to the guy coming out. The guy turned up at 8am instead of the quoted 10.00 to 6...but probably 12.00. I had no option to then cancel. Price was garbled to me on the phone and on querying the £154 for a 10 min job was met by nothing short of bullying and threatening response as they had recorded the person you could just about hear telling me the price , but I had not heard they add VAT on top. Deliberately misleading in my opinion not to give the price inclusive of VAT....especially when not then emailed/texted to confirm. I have never had such a terrible experience of any company or customer service and I would strongly recommend you shop around before using them. The site will not let me rate the customer service which was zero.My strong recommendation is not to use this company.
Wouldn’t recommend, shambles! Awful customer service, they make appointments and then cancel on the day. It’s been more hassle dealing with this company then it’s worth. Ended up doing some of the work ourselves. My advice go elsewhere!
Never turned up between 8-2 as agreed after me calling them was told wouldn’t be with me till 5 and have to be out of the house for 4hrs with 5 children! Avoid this company
Appalling , came out for a wasp. Nest in the utility room vent, sprayed the powder was in and out within 5 minutes. Trying to get them back on their so called guarantee and they have failed to turn up twice . The nest is still active , if they were any good the tech should have looked for other entry points to the cavity and sprayed accordingly hence the problem has not gone away. DO NOT USE THEM
Unprofessional, unreliable, lack knowledge and poor quality work. Have had to have another company out to redo the job. Insect mesh sealed to our wall with expanding foam is not good workmanship especially when the bees are still getting in around it!
They charged £120 for a casual visit to assess the problem, and then I’ve spent a fortnight emailing and calling them for a follow-up to address a relatively straightforward pest issue. Very unprofessional and rude.
One young ma turned up with a black bag in his back pocket , took less than five minutes , knew very little about the procedure no sense of thought or care . Asked about sealing but said didn't do that . Altogether felt as if it was a rip off would never use you again and definatly not recommend your company .
came-did a good job- excellent service.
Extremely expensive. I paid 240 pounds for the treatment. I was said the whole building was going to be inspected, my whole property inspected and any holes found sealed, none of that was done. The only thing i got was a guy putting traps that i can do by myself. He didnt even put traps behind the sofa because he said that was very heavy to be moved. 240 pounds for that seriously???????
Masquerades as a local company. Charged £120 to survey a garage roof before quoting an eye watering £1300 to do the job. The expert surveyor clearly doesn't understand that rough timber is essentially porous. Another certified company completed the job for £168 with a written guarantee. Avoid these ripoff merchants.
Absolute con me. Extortionate price. Useless
No show on repeated occasion and then impossible to get hold of anyone to sort a refund. Not trustworthy at all.
Absolute fraudsters. DO NOT USE! Complete rip off merchants. Charged us £300 to put a bit of poison down then as per the other reviews below, cannot get hold of them after.
Rubbish, DO NOT USE THESE GUYS, any decent review must be self written! Worst service from survey to execution. Then follow up was just constantly pushed back. Very unprofessional and horrendous to deal with. Dismissive on the phone and will never recommend to anyone
This company is basically a con. Paid £600 for mice treatment which they promised 3 visits but after 1st visit they wouldn't do the 2nd one, cancelled me 6 times with various excuses. Even the 1st visit the guy only spent 3 mins by dropping some boxes and left, very unprofessional especially for this kind of money I spend. Demanded for full refund but not expecting they will respond so will report this company as fraud. Also impossible to talk to them after sales guy sold their service to you. Have to use email / whatsapp but often no response / not answering questions. Don't be fooled by their good review on google like me, now I know most of them must be fake.
Please dont fall for this team of con-artists like I did. They quote a good price but demand up front payment. When they have your money, they dont show up, every day a new excuse. After about a week, i demanded a refund. They said they would refund me no problem, i've waited 2 weeks and guess what? No refund, phone them, they say they processed it, talk to your bank. Its ridiculous, like im supposed to believe this company. Took my money, didnt show up and now wont give my money back.
We had heat treatment done 2 days ago and the bed bugs came back. I was frustrated, angry and in shock because we was told if we prepare properly the treatment would work. We removed any clutter off the floors, emptied all the wardrobes and hanged all the clothes, duvets and sheets. We cleaned the entire house thoroughly. This heat treatment was supposed to be 100% eradication of bed bugs if we prepared properly, we did our part, so it’s obvious they didn’t do theirs. I paid a grand for this! The techhnician they sent to the house was also awkward, looked uncomfortable and not confident. He should have taken charge and said let’s do a risk assessment, take me through the house, instead he waited until someone spoke and was led around the house instead. He only spoke when someone else did. He also waited around until we left the house, we already gave him the key, he should have left to bring up equipment, we found it sketchy. He also said everything was fine in all the rooms so the treatment should have been 100% effective. The house wasn’t even hot when we returned, I am finding myself wondering did they heat the house to 65 degrees Celsius to kill all the bugs because the instruments in the house was fine, my guitar strings sounded the same. I was stressing over things being broken or ruined in the house since it’s not my house it’s my parents and they were against the treatment from the beginning. Me and my sister put every electrical item in the kitchen, wires, cassettes, liquids, things that didn’t need to be put in the kitchen was put there, because we was worried. The house was exactly the same when we came back, besides my sisters door handle, that was broken. I wouldn’t recommend this to anyone, what a waste of money.
Shocking service. £150 plus vat to put some stuffing in a tiny hole. I’ve complained by e-mail twice and not had a response. Don’t use this company.
I called this company when I believed I had a bees nest in my house. They advised it would be £150 for someone to come out and treat the nest. I agreed and paid. An engineer came out that day but because the house is three storey and the bees were entering at all levels he advised someone with a ladder would need to attend. Two days later someone with a ladder came, however after looking he advised these were masonry bees and therefore didn't need treating (they don't sting and leave within a few weeks). I am unsure why the first engineer couldn't have told me that. I rang the office to ask for a refund, as no treatment had taken place. I was told to email the manager which I did, explaining the situation. He advised that he would refund £30 of the £150. When I challenged and asked why these questions were not asked in the initial phone call or why the first engineer didn't advise me. I stated I was happy to pay a call out fee but to me a £30 refund didn't feel fair. He disagreed and advised call out fee was usually £150 (I am not sure why call out fee and treating a nest would be the same price). I would avoid this company.. They were not helpful in any way and wasted my time and money
Terrible company cost £300 for mice turned up put a bit of poison in the loft and didn't even go in the room the mice were heard the most told me my puppy would have to eat a pot of poison to make him I'll ring them back when hearing mice really bad they didn't want to no I asked for a refund they refused ended up using another company the man was half the price and spent ages here and was always a phone call away and came back weekly to put more poison down I was disgusted with jg pest patrol over priced for putting a bit of poison in the lofted for all that money
JG Pest Control is rated 4.25 based on 868 reviews