ITTT TEFL Online Reviews

91% of reviewers recommend ITTT TEFL Online

How would you rate ITTT TEFL Online?

We need a working email address to verify that your review is genuine.

"I would say that the overall course was ok. It is very direct, easy to understand. Before starting a lesson I always watched the video first, that helped me a lot. On the other hand I found the videos very dry and time to time boring. I say that it is ok, because I think each lesson can be a little more deeper. Almost all the information given in this course is something anybody who is interested in this field can think of. After having submitted my lesson plan, Jon's reviews were helpful. So I believe that he took the needed time to evaluate my lesson plan. Overall it was not bad."
Yuuki Smithers
Verified Buyer
"I thought the way the course was structure was okay. I had a friend previously do the course and said she had to write and submit weekly assignments after each unit. The way it is formatted now with multi choice tests is a lot easier than it had previously been. While, it maybe faster, require less admin, easier to know the results after each test, this in no way benefits the learner. This method (and often used in many educational systems throughout Asian countries) means theres less political bias and favors the markers not the students learning the content. While, it may have increased the workload I think the older method would benefit student learners a lot more compared to the way the it is done now. I wanted to mention that I had a tutor by the name Jon. I did not appreciate many things he did. Firstly, in every email addressed to me about feedback on my final lesson plan, my name was constantly spelt wrong. Now, usually that wouldn't be an issue in most courses, but I felt with this course being a TESOL or TEFL course there would be more effort in making sure someone's name is spelt correctly. It shows to me the lack of interest from the tutor to get it right. I can understand that it is a foreign name but to continually get it wrong everytime makes it very unprofessional. It's not a big ask but it's an important one."
"I'v just completed the TEFL Certificate. i paid extra for the onlne tutor + videos, and consider it money welll spent. The lesson plan assessment was challenging, because as it was not clear how much detail was required, however after my first attempt was rejected, I did receive a lot of guidance from an online tutor, regarding what needed to be included."
Simone Grigolo
Verified Reviewer
"I attended the TEFL, CTBE and CTEYL online courses and, I must admit, even though at the beginning I was a little sceptic about online classes, those courses proved themselves very useful. Their effectiveness consisted in very clear concepts and in a very schematic method to proceed with the learning process. I strongly recommend them."
"I thought the Online course was very helpful. It gave me the extra tools I needed to precisely accomplish my goals within a classroom. Not only that, but I liked that fact that you could work at your own speed, which is quite literal towards going to a University and completing a course within teaching. I appreciated it very much and I am very happy to hold a License in TEFL, and especially a TEFL within Business English!"
Ho Tak Yi Grace
Verified Buyer
"its quick and easy to manage!"
Hywel Marshall
Verified Buyer
"I found the course to be well organized and presented, and even enjoyable!"
Pedro Miguel Carolino Rodrigues
Verified Buyer
"I enjoyed the general organization. I would update some of the videos."
Najma Moin
Verified Buyer
"It has helped me gain an edge over others. This degree can surely help me climb the ladder of success i'm willing to."
Neil Waters
Verified Buyer
"Doing a course with ITTT was great, the materials are well written and the teachers are excellent, always available to help if needed, I did one course and enjoyed it that much I did another one. I would highly recommend ITTT for any teacher training courses. N.W"
Erika Sikora
Verified Buyer
"Each lesson were very well structured, the video was a real help as gave a great summary. I learnt a lot about how to make a good lesson plan, what their phases (engage, study, activate) have to contain and how to build up. I had just good experience by attending this course and I'm thankful for all info and advice."
Isaias Rodrigues
Verified Buyer
"I enjoyed to complete the TEFL course, to me as Portuguese was important to get new knowledge about grammar, and also have many practical tips in teaching techniques. I think that the material is accessible and covers a wide range of issues that we as EFL teachers must to teach. I start to teach in a kindergarten, and now I'm mooving to the elementary level, I think that many of the activities of engage and activate will be very limited. Though I have very short experience teaching English in Thailand , I noticed that at elementary level very few students are able to dialogue fluently, and is quite hard to make all the students speak a couple of simple sentences about an easy topic. I think that would be usefull to get the course specialized in young learners. Because for beginners at kinder garten or elementary level is not easy to get them engaged or practice once that they have very few vocabulary and grammar structures. May be later I will ponder to try the course on young learners."
Erjan Aisabay
Verified Buyer
"Generally I am very satisfied with the course and the website design which is very easy to navigate. I learned a lot not just about the grammar but also about teaching methods. Every query from my side regarding the process and contents was responded very quickly by your staff. Thank you. The videos were very useful. I love the progress tracking tool. For me it was very motivating to see my progress after each lesson test despite my full time job which is not related to teaching at all and also my overall health issues over the past year. I really hope that I will be able to get my certificate very soon and finally do what I really love doing!!"
Sela Jane Aholelei
Verified Buyer
"I live in New Zealand and at the time of completing my ITTT course online, I was working full time. I researched a couple of different online courses that are internationally recognised and found ITTT to be very credible. Having gone through the online course and receiving my certificate in TEFL, I found the experience to be very manageable and doable, even with a job and other responsibilities on the side."
Norma Adorna
Verified Buyer
"I highly recommend this course for people that have some teaching experience,with it you realize things that maybe you are not doing in the best way in your classes.It helps you to improve and at the same time it gives you hundreds of ideas to make your classes more dynamic and fun.It let's you know about interesting webpages where you can download materials. And of course it opens many doors for new job opportunities. Thanks to this course I'm working in a university,before I only had the chance to work in academies. I'm very happy and doing the ctbe course. I would like you guys to create a course focus on medical-biological matters!! Thank you"
Michelle Tritta
Verified Buyer
"I found the online 120- hour TEFL and 50-hour CTEYL courses excellent. I highly recommend them both as the material within these courses gives the opportunity to learn a lot, even for people who have been teaching for many years."
Sayaka Imasato
Verified Buyer
"The course was well structured, and personally I felt that the videos were very much helpful. Also knowing that I can contact a tutor anytime if I had any questions was nice too."
Omar Thamer
Verified Buyer
"Best of the best ............."
Larissa Kobetz
Verified Buyer
"I thought the readings were informative and the tests were reasonable, but I have several problems with the lesson plan portion of the course. First of all, we were requested to create a single one-hour intermediate lesson plan for two very different grammar points, the second and third conditionals, which my reviewer, Jon, even described as "one of the more difficult grammatical areas of English". I have taught intermediate English for two years and, first of all, my students were rarely up to the level of these conditionals. I usually taught conditionals in High Intermediate 2, which is closer to advanced. Second of all, two relatively unrelated grammar points is a bit much for a one-hour lesson. In an actual classroom, this would have a very high risk of overwhelming and confusing the students. The lesson plan reviewer also pedantically insisted that we create a single ESA lesson plan comprising both different grammar points, instead of teaching one first and the other second, which meant we had to repeatedly switch back and forth between tenses during the lesson. This was especially confusing since the second conditional takes place in a hypothetical present and future and the third conditional takes place in a hypothetical past. I can't believe that teaching both simultaneously is the most effective way to enable student understanding. I was asked to resubmit my lesson plan for violating this arbitrary rule, and because I hadn't included enough explanation of the tenses. My experience in the classroom has convinced me that the level of explanation the reviewer was requesting would not be easily comprehended in an intermediate lesson, especially in a single hour. I ended up having to include about 600 words of explanation in five minutes, which is frankly absurd. This was all moderately frustrating, but after resubmitting my lesson plan once I was asked to resubmit again because my new plan included a review of the zero and first conditionals. THIS, apparently, was considered too confusing. In fact my reviewer actually had the audacity to tell me that "it’s important not to overload students with too much information in a single lesson." I honestly did not get the impression that he was a real teacher. There were a few aspects of my lesson that I might have picked on if I were him, but including a review of the previous lesson was not one of those things. He went on to say, "Covering additional conditionals in the same intermediate level lesson could be counter-productive, and should therefore be avoided." Yes, Jon, I agree, but if this is the case then why did you ask me to create a lesson plan about two different conditionals in the first place? In conclusion, I had a fairly good opinion of this course until I reached the lesson plan stage. I would have understood if my lesson plan had been rejected for meaningful reasons, but the reasons my reviewer gave me seemed rather hypocritical and arbitrary. It made me lose faith in this course and the competence of the reviewers."
Tyler Sasaki
Verified Buyer
"ITTT has a great program in place for those who want to receive an affordable TEFL/TESOL, 120-hour certificate. Their course and units are very straight forward, and they also offer a tutoring plan for those who get stumped along the way. Unless you plan on taking the expensive in-class programs, I highly recommend ITTT over all others."
ITTT TEFL Online is rated 4.57 based on 35 reviews