Industrial Scripts - Screenplay Editors Reviews

265 Reviews

Industrial Scripts Reviews

Read Google-verified customer reviews of Industrial Scripts, script consultants in film and TV.

[email protected]

Joe
Verified Buyer

Many thanks for the report on my script. It was delivered ahead of time and had more pages than I expected. It had a lot of detail and a tremendous amount of advice to further the project. It's certainly given me food for thought and has inspired me to try harder to make it better. It's easy to be so close to your project that you don't always see the weaker areas and that's where a service like this is so invaluable. Having professionals read your script and give you honest advice, no matter how critical that may be, is infinitely better than friends or family who don't want to hurt your feelings. I was pleased that the reader got the characters the way I intended, though I will improve on the character descriptions as recommended. I like the idea of changing the midpoint. That's something I wouldn't have thought of at this stage but it works very well. I was very pleased with the fact the reader thought I handled ensemble work well and that the dialogue was generally good. Delighted with the comment that it was worthwhile continuing with a worthwhile piece of work. If it wasn't, I would rather know early, not waste more time on something that wasn't working. I like the fact that the reader was honest in any criticism - that is exactly what I want. I will take heed of the advice and wholeheartedly recommend Industrial Scripts to anyone wanting their script evaluated. I will definitely be back. (Apologies to Arnold)
Ben

Maybe 4.6 out of five...

Timing - I received my coverage report on the 21st day. Due to the time difference where I live, I contacted information team and was told my report would be ready at 5pm on the 21 day. It arrived about twenty minutes late! Although I was fine with this, I did leave me a little concerned that my report was rushed through at the last minute. However, the quality of the notes set my mind at ease on this regard. Writers should not expect their report in 10 or so days, just because other users of the service have experienced a quick turnaround.

Analysis - Completely fantastic. Clearly written by someone who knows the craft inside out and is very intelligent. My screenplay had won a contest and been graded as a highly accomplished piece of work elsewhere - the analyst identified many areas that were critically weak. I don't know how many times they read it but there were so many references to sections of the play/lines of dialogue that backed up his/her arguments. On this criteria, I was really blown away.

Marketplace - This is one area I would have liked more feedback on. I knew my screenplay would require a low budget but I wasn't given any information on how marketable the play would be. I felt the comparable titles were spot on but I was left wondering if the analyst considered my work derivative. However, as there were critical areas of certain character development that needed to be address (and I hadn't weighed up) I am more than satisfied with element of the coverage service.

Communication - there was an email error on my part when initially booking the service. I sent two emails using the form on the website and these were not replied to. As I was on the road for a month with little to no internet access, I was worried that my money was gone and I would have no way to contact anyone. However, when I returned and used the email address on my email from Paypal, the issue was immediately rectified.

Overall - I cannot recommend this service more highly. I intend to use Industrial Scripts for a subsequent draft and for future projects that I work on. Don't hesitate - I got a great deal more than I expected.
Amanda

5 star service

This was my third consultation with Industrial Scripts, the two earlier ones were for the Film Forensic Notes service. This time it was for the Dry Run Report. It arrived in ten working days; it was terrific not to have had to wait for three weeks. My mouth was dry when I opened it and it was a disappointment, naturally, to get a Pass. BUT the analysis was of a high standard, I felt that the reader understood what I was trying to do, and they made some very positive suggestions for improvement, even though that was not the main function of the report. I was actually very pleased that the report was blunt as I had had some misgivings myself. It was great to get some praise as well. Above all the reader appreciated the setting and background for my story which led them to conclude that while the script combines a mid-range budget with art house audience appeal, posing too great a risk to recommend for the UK film market, it would make fertile ground for a TV series. I am very excited about this and have already started work on this new project. Thank you Industrial Scripts!
Amanda
Pippa
Verified Buyer

All in all I was very satisfied with the service given. The feedback gave me some very useful food for thought and my story will benefit as a result.

The only thing that stops me from giving it a five start rating is that there was no mention of how I handled dialogue. I've never written a script before so it would've been good to have a sentence or two on that subject. Perhaps the reviewer didn't think there was anything wrong with my dialogue but it would've been good to know either way.
Jeff Robert Shephard
Verified Buyer

The feature film coverage report was outstanding. I was particularly impressed that the consultant offered ideas on how to fix certain problem-areas. The thematic and internal analysis of the characters was also fantastic and will help me enormously to improve my current draft. Many thanks Industrial Scripts.
Robert V
Verified Buyer

Industrial Scripts' feedback is a vital rewriting tool, and their script services are by far the best I've experienced. Yeah, it may take me a couple of days to gear up to actually reading the script report, but I'm an abject coward like that and it won't stop me using their services again in the future!
Yuliya
Verified Buyer

I was agitated submitting my script. And I received quite a number of technical tools. I'm very happy about it. It actually made me to see my script from another perspective. What about the time, twenty days didn't pass yet, and it been few days for me to read review and ponder on it. I find it insightful, and it also gave me interpretation. My script however wasn't promoted. And actually, it can't be. Because it has very nice start, and wonderful culmination, and nothing in between. That's how my script is. Submit yours, and learn about it.
Verified Buyer

I was given even more feedback than expected. It included detailed analysis of what worked well and what didn't. I am truly thankful for the constructive criticism.
Zhalman
Verified Buyer

Industrial script went above and beyond my expectations. I feel like I stole the service. They gave me a step by step guide to tweak my script.
John Joyce
Verified Buyer

The review was extremely comprehensive, detailed and pulled no punches, which made for a valuable stepping stone to developing the script further. As you say yourselves - "One reviewer's "Pass" could be another reviewer's "Recommend" - so I would humbly suggest to other writers that they use more than one reviewer to get alternative opinions before they either open the Champagne in delight or slit their wrists in despair.

That said, I will definitely be using Industrial Scripts as part of my reviewing team for the next project. Thanks for everything and . . . on to the next!
Martin
Verified Buyer

Highlighted positives as well as negatives.
Andrew S.
Verified Buyer

I received the coverage report for my screenplay very promptly. Notes were detailed and carefully considered. I was very pleased with the speed and quality of the service and would recommend Industrial Scripts to anyone who wants an honest appraisal of their work.
Anthony
Verified Buyer

Fantastic service, received my report much quicker than expected. It has pointed me in the right direction of where I need to go with my script. Will definitely be using agin for my next draft
Verified Buyer

Script reading course - Very useful information clearly delivered.
Andin
Verified Buyer

The course leader gave some useful information.
Josh
Verified Buyer

Fantastic service! Great advice that made me consider points that I never would have thought of alone.
Barbara
Verified Buyer

IS Screenplay Editors were able to precisely pinpoint the weaknesses in my script which I was unable to see beforehand, but also its strengths. I felt their attention to detail and depth of understanding the story was excellent and will definitely be using them again.
Oz Qadir
Verified Buyer

My coverage arrived in 11 days - I received a 'Consider' rating. The coverage was detailed; both positive and negative aspects highlighted so I had a clear idea when approaching the re-write. It was clear that the Consultant reading my script was 'engaged' - for example, they picked up on the subtle ideas embedded in the story which readers from other companies providing coverage services missed. The Consultant expressed his/her reservations in an excellent way - asking questions of me (and my characters!) which sparked the creativity I needed to address the weaker parts of my story in the re-write.
I will definitely be using Industrial Scripts for my future projects.
Nigel
Verified Buyer

I ordered a Script Coverage Report, which arrived within 10 days of my order, and was longer than expected. The consultant had obviously read my comedy screenplay very carefully and had understood it. I was very pleased with the detailed notes and think that this has been an extremely valuable exercise - good value for money. The report highlighted several scenes which did not contribute to the storyline and suggested I remove them (I guess I already knew I should do this, but the report has given me the conviction to do so.) As far as I know, there are few if any other reputable UK-based script consultancy services - so the fact that my screenplay is rather "British" in style has also benefitted from this synergy.
I am certain that the next draft will be much tighter, and look forward to using Industrial Scripts services again.
John
Verified Buyer

Hard hitting but honest review. I will definitely be using Industrial Scripts for my next project.
Industrial Scripts - Screenplay Editors is rated 4.75 based on 265 reviews