Imove International Removals Ltd Reviews

Sunbury on Thames
Middlesex

Click Here

Tell us how Imove International Removals Ltd made you happy

"Big mistake to have used them. They Totally underestimated how much stuff we had and we ended up paying double of the quote! They are a third party company using a service of another company. I wish they had sent a surveyer to double check what was been quoted on to ensure the quote was accurate. I am still waiting for the break down of the extra charge although my move was almost 4 weeks ago and still no news. This is by far the worst moving company I have ever used! πŸ‘ŽπŸ‘ŽπŸ‘ŽπŸ‘ŽπŸ‘ŽπŸ‘ŽπŸ‘ŽπŸ‘ŽπŸ‘ŽπŸ‘ŽπŸ‘ŽπŸ‘ŽπŸ‘ŽπŸ‘ŽπŸ‘Ž"
Dear Sir,

The removal quotation from Germany back to the UK was based on a list of items to be moved supplied by yourself. The volume calculator excel spread sheet totaled 900cuft/25.5 cubic meters. The calculator applies average volumes to the items in the list ie 3 seater sofa 60cuft, double bed 60cuft, bedside table 5cuft, and usually if fully completed and all items to be moved listed gives a very good indication of the volume of a move.

We based our quote on the calculator completed by yourself, so we did not in fact underestimate the volume of the goods to be moved, rather we based our quotation in good faith on a list supplied by you.

The volume collected was 54cubic meters which was over double the volume advised and quoted for. The charge was fully explained to you at the time of the removal when we established the final volume.

Our subcontractor went out of their way to get your house packed and moved in time, despite the extra packing and collecting from a 2nd floor which was also not advised or quoted for. They had to divert another truck and crew from Brunswick to assist with the packing and loading on day two.

We collected and packed in Hamburg on the 4th April, finished packing and the 5th April and delivery to your UK residence was on the 6th April, as far as we are aware with no damage.

On reviewing the facts surrounding your removals we believe your allegation of worst removal company is unsubstantiated.
yours sincerely
Imove International Removals
"We used this company for our move from London to Auckland (NZ). The experience was really good at first, but when we received our boxes in Auckland, one was missing with parts for our baby's cot. At first they wouldnt want to hear anything as I didnt subscribe to an insurance (I didnt complain about the various things that arrived broken, but i thought delivering all the 25 boxes without missing one was the bare minimum we could expect from a moving company), I then had to escalate and speak to someone higher in the hierarchy, they first told me that they would cover the cost for replacing the cot...and then went silent. After 2 months I had to send them an email every week to have an update and it was always "we ll come back in a few days" (of course they did not) ... more than 2 months after my complaint (and 6 months after they collected the boxes in London to send them to Auckland) we are now left without a cot bed for our 10 month old baby and we have to buy another one for £300 as they cant replace the parts or even refund the cost. Needless to say that I am very disappointed, we paid top money for that move hoping it would go well but not only did they lose a box but the interaction to try and get a refund was very slow and painful. There are so many other moving companies, I would strongly advise to go with someone else."
"Test"
"I went to great lengths to explain to [Staff Member] about the access limitations to my house which wouldn't allow a large furniture truck. Even sent him photographs and guided him to find us on Google Earth. All to absolutely no avail, I might as well have been talking to the wall in the office, the notice he took. The company has refused to acknowledge my e-mails and calls since, and what is even worse, a couple of items got broken (which is why we pay insurance). They have refused to give me their Insurer's details... one has to wonder if the insurance funds were actually paid on by Imove. I am out of pocket by having to hire at very short notice, local transport to shuttle my stuff from the main trunk road up to my home. The actual movers who were sub-contracted by Imove could not have been more helpful, but the reality is no way could they get to my house with their Road-train truck. The IMove company is just a front desk, there is no substance behind it and the level of service once they have your money is diabolical. Trading Standards will be informed, certainly with regard to the apparent non-payment of the Insurance fee."
"Very simple and the guys excellent"
"Bad experience with iMove. They said we would need 2 extra men because of difficult access and unnecessarily charged us extra. But the men that turned up said no extra help was required. But Nikki didn't care and wouldn't refund us. This topped up an overall bad experience anyway. They (Nikki) did not once call to update us on where our goods were or to inform us of delivery date. I had to follow up each time and got canned and even rude responses to these queries. Would not use again."
"iMove handled my delivery and unpacking upon arrival in the UK. Nikki was in constant contact and kept me up to date on the status of the shipment throughout. The guys who unpacked me were fast, efficient, polite and careful with my items. I could have been more pleased, that's why when it was time to return to the States the choice of removal companies was easy-iMove. The price was well below other removal companies and I already knew they delivered great service. Nikki and Aaron walked me through the entire process to include additional purchase of insurance. They answered all my questions and concerns in a very professional and expedient manner. The packing crew was equally as professional and very careful with all of my items. I could not have asked for more! I had a colleague who asked me to recommend a removal company and immediately put him in touch with Nikki and Aaron. Keep up the good work guys, you're the best!"
"This has been my second major move with iMove on one year. The first time my entire household was sent from Dorset in the UK to Phuket in Thailand. And my second move was my return back to the UK. IMove is a down to earth , easy to contact, "easy to communicate with" company. Every issue I had was dealt with promptly , kindly and patiently. The telephone system has immediate access to a real person at the end of the phone, who puts you through immediately to the person you need. Their comeback and answers are instant. Nikki Searle who managed my entire move was amazing....very calm with no hype or drama. And extremely flexible. Out of my many, many moves it was my second totally stress free move. ( My first stress free move was the initial one that iMove did for me last year.)!!!!! The packing team who packed me up in Phuket were amazing. Totally respectful. They worked calmly and quietly. And the team who unpacked me here in UK were extremely kind and considerate. I would absolutely recommend iMove! I wish I had known about them before. My thanks go very especially to Nikki here in UK, to her lovely unpacking team, and to Kh.Gene and the packing team in Thailand. Thank you all for another wonderful move."
"A big thank you to iMove for a totally stress fee move ! After 12 moves from continent to continent , I can say that this one, from Somerset in the UK , to Phuket in Thailand, was absolutely amazing. A very special thanks though to Paul Stimson who managed everything from start to finish.. All calls were dealt with personally , no " phone in " system, no answer machine!! Emails replied to with no delays, and even the most unimportant queries , dealt with promptly and respectfully. Paul went the extra mile in all regards. Dave and Tony, who packed me were lovely.....happy ,humorous and so fast. An excellent partnership team in Thailand, as well. No beakages. An amazing move! For me the best move ever!! Thank you!"
"Our items were collected as per the collection date (02.11.2015) which was great, however it's now almost March and we still have not received our boxes! The initial transit estimate I was given from Germany to Qatar was approx 30 days plus customs clearance. What makes it worse is that I have tried to find out where are things are, but we cannot get an answer from anyone. I contacted imove, and was told the agents here in Qatar would be in contact. I have contacted them 3 times with no reply. It's very upsetting as we believe our items to be lost, and are in the process of replacing everything. Very, very disappointing, and sadly I would not recommend this company to anyone."
"I would never use this company again , I found them to miss lead me with information , never keep me up to date and never listen to my request on move. They never think of the customer just getting paid . I would never never recommend them"
I am sorry to hear that are not satisfied with your removal to Spain.
I have personally reviewed the communication history on your file and find that we were in almost constant contact since the beginning of December. You were offered delivery dates week commencing the 7th Dec which you declined, we then agreed delivery dates week commencing 14 Dec your original choice. Imove staff kept you constantly updated and even bought the delivery forward one day from the 16th to the 15th.The only major issue i see is that our ops department had to chase you for payment your goods were on the delivery vehicle on the way to Spain and we still had not received payment, despite many reminders and payment being due 7 days prior to delivery as per our T&C's. Finally you will recall you made payment on delivery day while the crew were waiting to unload.
We are very happy to send you a copy of the communication history for your records.
best regards
Imove International Removals
"Not happy ar all with the service. It took 2 months to get staff Aftwer being Postponed several times"
"The company worked hard both at collection and delivery and were polite and pleasant to deal with. We booked the service relatively close to collection day and the company tried hard to find a service within our budget and that fitted our dates. However there were several aspects of the removal process that we were unhappy with and found ver inconsistent. Much of the packing was professional and careful, particularly the kitchenware, but there were a series of boxes - which we think were packed towards the end of the collection day - which were very poorly packed, with several objects damaged; clothes were shoved into boxes rather than folded; a house plant was crushed by a box lid etc. We were told on delivery day that the company would be arriving between 1 - 3pm at our property; at 3pm when I chased this up I was told that the van would be arriving at 7pm. Fortunately this was not a major problem for us and we understand that times need to be flexible when moving abroad, but we were surprised that we had been given inaccurate information which had then not been followed up. Finally, and perhaps most frustratingly, an identification sticker was placed on every item of furniture. These are impossible to remove cleanly as they are paper-backed, and have left marks on our possessions, several of which are antiques. When I mentioned this to one of the staff he explained that "the marks come off quite easily with warm, soapy water."... not only do they not come off easily at all, removing a hundred sticky label marks isn't really what I want to be doing after moving house! All in all a very inconsistent service. We have used IMove twice before but they contract the jobs out to different removal companies and this time I was disappointed."
"Some problems arose but overall not to bad. Those who collected our goods somewhat causal and they overlooked giving us the connecting screws for the double bed and damaged one of the sewing machines. However the team that delivered our property were very good being pleasant and very hard working. but we need to claim for an ironing board which has some heavy item on it which bent it so this will have to be replaced and a bookcase also damaged. we have been able to correct the damage to the sewing machine."
"Test Excellent communication and timely delivery thank you"
Imove International Removals Ltd is rated 4.37 based on 98 reviews