i-to-i TEFL Reviews

Read i-to-i TEFL Reviews

tefl@i-to-i.com

Suite 2, Chantry House
Victoria Road

Tell us how i-to-i TEFL made you happy
During the COVID-19 outbreak, I was relegated to working from home. I needed something to keep me occupied during my downtime. I chose the 180 hour level 5 course because I got a significant discount through my employer. I have a Bachelor’s degree in Linguistics, and I’ve been teaching English as a new language for over five years. The course is the real deal, at least in the sense that the theories it covers are exactly the same as what you’d find in any introductory college course. Some big names like Stephen D. Krashen appear. However, an online course can really only cover these theories in a very cursory fashion. It’s up to you to dig a bit more subcutaneously to get the most out of the course. A lot of the information you find throughout the course is available on the internet for free. For example, almost all of Krashen’s work can be downloaded for free from his personal website. The course also references a lot of YouTube videos which I thought was rather unprofessional.

With that being said, I did actually learn a few things. I’m bilingual, so I often explain grammatical concepts to my students in their native language. However, it’s always good to explore how to teach without this luxury. I learned a lot about concept checking questions, and the PPP structure. I felt that the summative assessments were more tedious than they needed to be. Most teachers I know would never fill out a lesson plan to that level of detail. I’d also really like to see customizable modules in the future. I don’t teach kids very often, so it would’ve been more beneficial for me to have read a chapter about business English instead. Arguments can be made either way as to which is more of prominent in the industry. I’d also like to see the integration of some video lessons to break up the tedium of reading. I didn’t feel that the feedback I received from my assessments was very insightful either.

I like to be really thorough. It took me about forty hours to complete the course. Ten hours per assignment, which there were three in total, and about ten hours of reading. If you have never taught before, if your degree is completely unrelated to education, and if the job you are applying for says that you absolutely need a nondescript TEFL certificate, then I would recommend the course if it’s been heavily discounted. The certificate won’t satisfy the requirements for certain entities that require an observation component (public schools in Korea and some first tier cities in China), but it’s more than enough for any entry-level position anywhere else. I highly recommend obtaining a TEFL certificate with an observation component while still residing in your home country if you want to make this a career with no barriers to entry.
Thank you for your review and comments about the course. We are always improving our courses and the only way we can do this is by receiving feedback from our customers.

Within a teaching training course you need to know how to plan and prepare lessons, each of our assessments have to meet with a set criteria to enable the course to be given the level 5 status.

We're glad to hear you learnt some new methods of teaching.

Good luck with your TEFL career

Customer Support Team
The tutors were really helpful with good, prompt advice for improving. The content was informative and relevant.
Good simple layout course, straightforward and passed easily with the resources available.
Thank you for the review, good luck with your TEFL career.

Customer Support Team
i really enjoyed doing this course but didn't have the time to study. i will be doing the course again in the near future.
Thank you for the review, glad to hear you have enjoyed it so far and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Customer Support Team
Course is well categorized and easy to follow. Very relevant information on how to teach and to the point. Would recommend.
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review!

Best wishes,
Victoria
Customer Support Team
I enjoyed the challenge of learning on my own during lockdown. The instructions were always clear. Once I settled into the course I really looked forward to the challenge of the quizzes and tests. One is never to old to study!
Hi Debra,
Thanks for your lovely feedback and I'm glad you enjoyed the course, I wish you all the best with your TEFL career!

Thanks,
Customer Support Team
I enjoyed the course, but now I see all online jobs require a bachelor's degree?
Hi Christine,

Thanks for your feedback and I'm glad you enjoyed the course. There are lots of companies that do require you to have a Bachelor's degree, however not all! I have emailed you over some resources to help you find online TEFL work without a Bachelor's degree.

Please get in touch if you need any further assistance :)

Best Wishes
Customer Support Team
I enjoyed the course and learned a lot, but some of the questions in the quiz sections was not set out clear "for me". So i was confused some times. But really happy to have done this on the i-to-i online course.
I found all the courses useful and helpful! Give many wonderful resources!
Hi Ashley,

Thank you for leaving a review, delighted to hear you learnt lots from the training course.

Good luck with TEFL career

Customer Support Team
The three sections looked very daunting on their own, but once I have finished them all, everything fell into place for me. The modules are clear and easy to understand. I had some difficulty with the layout typo, where it was sometimes confusing figuring out headings and sub-headings, etc. Otherwise I enjoyed doing the course.
It’s good to have it
All the material was easy to use and follow and the tests helped with remembering the information.
Hi Nicky,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.

Good luck with your TEFL career!

Best wishes,
Victoria
Customer Support Team
Very happy with the service Sam offered, professional, timeous and informative.
Thanks
The tefl course was really user friendly simple to understand. The quizzes and test after each course was a good way to refresh what i had learnt in the course..i wouldv liked a consultant designated to me and my progress in he course.my consultant left the company and i never had any feedback from any consultant since.
Hi Nicola,

Thanks,
Customer Support Team
I really enjoyed the 180-hour Level 5 course. It was very challenging but the material and the feedback provided throughout the course were very good.
Danny Taylor has been a great help in starting my TEFL journey. If anyone is looking for assistants or guidance, Danny is the person to speak to.
Hi Nicola,

Thanks for your feedback, I hope you enjoy the course, please get in touch if you need any help :)

Best Wishes,

Amy
Thank you for the service. I received response from i-to-i within minutes after I made payment. I was able to start the course right away.

Special thank you to Daniel for effectively guiding me enrolling for the course.

I'm excited and grateful!
The courses are well set out and the links to various online resources were invaluable. I thoroughly enjoyed this learning experience and happily recommend it to anyone wanting to learn to teach English to foreign learners.I found the support that was made available extremely professional and most helpful.
The teaching method is extremely good.
Its was valuable, I benefited from the course, help me to know modern teaching methods.
i-to-i TEFL is rated 4.68 based on 5,031 reviews