i-to-i TEFL Reviews

Read i-to-i TEFL Reviews

tefl@i-to-i.com

Suite 2, Chantry House
Victoria Road

Tell us how i-to-i TEFL made you happy
Would you like to add photos or videos?
I was very interested in the Vietnam paid internship and spent a lot of time on the phone to an adviser at I-to-I who was very helpful patient and kind and rang me up on regular occasions to reassure me and to answer the hundreds of questions that I had about the internship so that I felt confident enough to cough up the £750 fee which pays for accommodation and the orientation over in Vietnam.
One of my questions was about my appearance, I told them that I’ve got very neat, clean dreadlocks and facial piercings and an arm tattoo which covers a scar- but along with this I also mentioned that i intended to wear my hair back in a neat bun and that I was happy to take my piercings out and would obviously cover all tattoos. In response to this I got laughed at, and told not to be silly and that this was absolutely fine as long as I took my piercings out and covered my tattoos as intended.
One other question was about the accommodation Surprisingly I-to-I were not able to provide me with any example photos of what the accommodation was going to look like and considering you are making a home there for 5 months you'd think they'd have that covered.
Anyway my friend and I painstakingly make the decisions to leave our homes, partners, friends and families to make this massive exciting step towards our new careers. I am already qualified with a 140 hour TEFL qualification and have a degree in English literature so am more than qualified enough for this position so was confident that I was going to accepted and that his was the beginning of a new life for me.
I was shocked however after paying £750 to I-to-I to have absolutely no further contact from them after all of the reassurance, not a single word to tell me what would happen next or to congratulate me on my decision. I was handed straight to the partners in Vietnam who sent me an application form to fill out - which I did to a very high standard - I was very confident in the fact that I had all of the necessary qualifications and also had lots of other great qualities necessary in a teacher. I included details of my previous work experience working with children with disabilities. I sent all of this information off very promptly because I am a competent and organised person.
It came to sending my documents off which I did once again very promptly. We were asked to send a signed contract which made the entire experience sound awful. On reading the contract I was filled with doubt because it sounded so awful and I was left awake all hours of the night worrying that it was going to be so horrible that I didn’t want to go anymore. It stated that we may be expected to work over 6 days, that we were not allowed to plan trips, that we had to pay for a $75 mandatory invasive health check (which was not made clear by I-to-I it is in the terms and conditions but this should be should stated very clearly as an added cost!!! ) Also had to send them a picture which I did of course including the facial piercings I intended to remove on commencing the internship (not 3 months beforehand) and it was a very lovely photo too. I didn’t think this photo was very consequential I thought it was just to match up to the passport- wasn’t aware it was the main method of deciding on the success of an application.
Confident that I’ve got all the qualifications, reassured that my appearance isn’t an issue, I go ahead and tell my landlord that I’m going to be leaving in January to which he replies "that’s great I’m selling up then".
So a couple of days later I get an email very bluntly explaining that I have been rejected from the internship and that they refuse to give me any reason for this so that I should get in touch with i-to-i to organise a refund or to see if there is any other experience I can take part in. Excuse me? I am more than qualified and more than competent as I have proven and I have been entirely discriminated against because of my appearance? Which I made clear from the very beginning and was willing to comply with the dress code.
Had a very lucky escape because speaking to my teacher friends around the world i-to-i are renowned for messing people around and not sending them their certificates or ripping them off in one sense or another. So I go ahead and ring i-to-i about this and there was absolutely no sympathy, no compassion and I was treated and made to feel as if this was my fault in some way. I was not offered a refund I had to ask for it, I was not offered any other experiences I had to ask about them they did not try in any way to accommodate for the situation or to try and make it less stressful.
Now I have to move out of my home for absolutely no reason, am absolutely emotionally drained by the whole experience made to feel like less of a person because of my appearance? I’m sorry but what kind of joke is this ? This is the 21st century !? I understand cultures vary and that this was a professional job but when I’ve already made it clear about my appearance and my intentions to conform, i-to-i have a duty to inform me at least why I was rejected – But of course they can’t because they know this decision is not based on any fair grounds. The girl who talked to me basically laughed and said it’s all cultural and had a "what do you want me to do about it" attitude. A little compassion goes a long way when you’re dealing with human beings. I am absolutely gutted to be treated like this but I’m so relieved that I-to-I or sly-to-sly decided to mess me around BEFORE I got over there for 5 months !
Thanks for the emotional roller coaster sly-to-sly it’s been a blast! Luckily I’m a positive person so used this experience to grow, I’ve learnt a lot about myself in the process. I’ve reinforced in myself that I am more than what I look like, that I am a competent, organised, compassionate, enthusiastic, dedicated, qualified, educated, intelligent, kind, funny and above all interesting person with so much to offer to the right people so I think your partners in Vietnam have missed out on a great opportunity to have me teach their children so I'd like to offer my apologies cause its genuinely their loss.

In closing
- communicate with people after they've paid you £750
- don't lie about appearance not mattering because it clearly does and make this very clear to anybody out there with a personality a bit more interesting than a wet flannel.
- don't treat people like it’s their fault they got rejected
- have a bit of compassion
- be a bit more polite
-dont make people who get rejected ask for a refund, you should be the ones to contact them- offerings support – advice and of course that refund!
Hi Anneli,

I know that we spoke on the phone to go through the issues you had with our service and have hopefully sorted everything out for you now. If not, please do let me know.

Firstly, we’d like to apologise for the poor advice you were given when you signed up to the internship in the first place. We should have explained that the photos you give are used by our partners in Vietnam to introduce you to possible schools so that your application could be accepted. As a teacher in a school, professional appearance is very important and unfortunately the photo you submitted did not give that impression, hence your rejection. We have recently increased the amount of information we provide before booking to hopefully avoid the same thing happening to anyone else.

Secondly, I am sorry that the person you spoke to when phoning us about your application was not helpful or understanding. When you called back and spoke to me I hope I was able to explain things in more detail and fully resolve your issues, including a full refund of your money paid. If that hasn’t been the case then please let me know.

Best wishes,

Jo Bearcroft
Operations Manager
I really would like to experience it
If you like to go it alone fine but remember there is no dedicated tutor support, e.g when you need clarification.
Purchased the 120 hr TEFL course which included a 5 month 'internship' in Thailand. Can't express how horrendous, badly planned and not followed up this company insists its products and services on being. I returned in March and still haven't heard back from my tens of emails and it is now September. Biggest waste of money, waste of trust and nearly ruined my whole Thailand experience
You can read all the emails I have written in, basically I have been told a bunch of lies by Petar the guy who signed me just to get his commission. If the issues around resolved I will be requesting my money back.
I signed up, and was not able to complete it as soon as I wished. I had no notice that my course was going to expire, and then I tried to log in and my course had expired without my spending another pretty penny to renew my course. I don't think they should be able to discontinue the course on someone due to time as I paid for the course. Not satisfied with any customer service I received about the matter either.
Good afternoon. My name is Michelle Ryan of Limerick Ireland. I purchased an i-to-i TEFL UK Course recently and unfortunately was unable to make the classroom practical course DUE TO POOR HEALTH! I had purchased YOUR COURSE for 199 EUROS. Now I was asked by you to write this review, and I would like to request that I be PAID BACK the money that I paid you. I suffer with Mental and Physical Illness, and because of this, I did not manage to make the course which I PAID FOR. SO PLEASE, I AM BEGGING YOU, I AM IN DIRE STRAITS HEALTH-WISE AND FINANCE-WISE. IT IS MY RIGHT, MY ENTITLEMENT THAT I BE RETURNED THE MONEY CAN YOU DO THIS FOR ME?

I AWAIT YOUR REPLY,

MICHELLE RYAN
BRU NA NDEISE,
LUIMNEACH
EIRE
I passed the TEFL course, but have been unable to find a positon, as the countries are asking for a degree, which I have not got.

This should have been stated before taking the course.
Taught it was very unfair that a family member became very sick and couldnt do it and i sent a email explaining and i would of realy appreciated a refund very poor
Waste of Money - Purchased over 3 years ago and still havent completed it as some of the questions are far too hard for most people - and I'm English!
I purchased this course and started 4 weeks later or more - however the day of purchase was considered as a start course date for 90 days limited duration that wasn't even mentioned on the phone before the purchase. It was just highlighted in the receipt instead sent by email. It still doesn't make sense to use date of purchase as a starting day regardless of the course start date. I am now put in a position to buy extension and requested a phone call to discuss options - nobody called!? My concern is around course start date again as I am not able to re-start the course now but don't want to miss the opportunity to complete the course that I have paid back in January 2014! It is regrettable that you stop dealing with students after the product was purchase - strange and not professional!
I LIKED THE MATERIAL AND FOUND THE FEEDBACK USEFUL,
WAS MADE AWARE THAT HAVE 90DAYS TO COMPLETE COURSE, WAS AWARE THAT AN EXTENSION WAS POSSIBLE, WAS NOT AWARE THAT EXTENSION COST SO MUCH, HAD A FAMILY CIRCUMSTANCE IN FEB THAT MEANT I HAD TO TRAVEL, DECIDED NOT TO EXTEND AND LEAVE THE PROGRAM
The only thing that really got to me was that i wasn't given enough time to complete the course. I only completed 80hours. It would be nice if you could finish the course in your own time.
I was in a foreign land having a really hard time and asked for my time to be extended and I was told after a certain short time I would lose all my money...and did...I would never recommend it to anyone EVER!!! total RIP-OFF 250 pounds down the drain..
There is no lee way for difficult times an absolute shameless business of a company..very poor does not justify how uncaring this company behaves...it is an online course and should be open for extended periods of time if you have paid for the course..when I paid I did not forsee the difficult situation ahead and asked repeatedly for empathy but to no avail DISGRACE!!!
Poorly structured course, material is poorly presented. Web learning pages are different from each other without continuity. Not enough time given to learn the course - you can get an extension, but you have to pay another ridiculous amount of money. Video examples are very poor and amateurish to the point of embarrassing.

In all honesty I would NOT recommend this course to anyone.

I firmly believe this course very amateurish in its construction and its delivery. It's also 'hugely overpriced' for what is being presenting, and for the manner of its delivery.

Very poor, NOT recommended!
While I have done courses with I-to-I, I have not done so recently.

I ordered a summary letter for my records recently but I have not completed or applied for any additional courses at this point.
In spite of my having a Cert Ed and in spite of my being a lecturer for over 30 years and in spite of having a Masters in Economics from LSE and being a Chartered Accountant, I was failed the course through some unbelievable technicality. David Marks
I completed this course 4 years ago and haven't been able to find a teaching job since.
After i attended a weekend, as part of my course, for family reasons i was unable to continue for a while. I wrote, emailed and called to try and discuss this. Noone bothered to return and after many attempts to try and talk to someone i had to resign myself to having lost all the money i had spent on the course.
very poor customer service in my experience.
Unfortunately not good. I requested a copy of both my certificates. Six times and never received them. The online course, when completed, did not generate my certificate so I have nothing to prove completion. I mislaid the cert I finished in Dublin 2010 and asked for that also. Surprise surprise. ..I have emailed called ect and heard zero bk.
I am currently living/teaching in Australia and I have avoided citing tefl has a qualification due to zero evidence. Well here is my 7th attempt lol. If I could get copies of my tefl certificates that would b great
i-to-i TEFL is rated 4.64 based on 4,114 reviews