i-to-i TEFL Reviews

Read i-to-i TEFL Reviews

tefl@i-to-i.com

Suite 2, Chantry House
Victoria Road

Tell us how i-to-i TEFL made you happy
In general, I had a good experience. Very friendly and responsive customer service. I had a few complaints about the way the course was advertised on the website but these were resolved in a highly satisfactory manner. In terms of the actual course I felt it served its purpose; to inform us on a basic level of what to expect and how to develop the skills required, but there were some parts I felt were unsatisfactory. As new teachers we were told to expect classes ranging from 5 to over 60+ people and I don't feel the online course covered large classes sufficiently. After completing the course I do not have much confidence in my ability to provide an effective lesson for large classes. The quizzes were often not helpful and in some cases pointless as the answers were multiple choice and I often guessed the right answer. I have forgotten specific examples but there were some answers that I felt were open to interpretation. All in all I am happy with the process so far.
I cannot recommend i-to-i TEFL highly enough. There are indeed TEFL certification programs that carry "a name," of sorts, but that brand recognition usually translates to a higher cost without any extra doors necessarily being opened. i-to-i TEFL bridges a gap, and what makes the learning experience different is the caliber of the employees themselves. In a world where so much daily contact is impersonal and corporate-faced, i-to-i TEFL staff provide a warm and exemplary level of customer support. This is rare, and I can only hope that future students of TEFL find the gem that exists at i-to-i TEFL.
The course was very interesting. It was not too easy and the question and tests were challenging which really tested my understanding of what I had learnt. The videos of lessons were very useful and the constant quiz's kept me interested. I feel that although I did a online course, I have learnt everything I would have learnt if I had taken a classroom course. I would definitely recommend this course.
I have a Bachelor's in Elementary Education, and a Master's in Reading Specialty. However, nothing prepares you for teaching in a foreign country, where English is not the dominate language until you actually experience it. I have been teaching in South Korea for almost two years now. I never needed a TEFL to teach in Korea because my degrees were certification enough for the program that hired me, however, I do plan to continue teaching outside of Korea in the future, and know I will need a TEFL. A friend recommended i-to-i, and I couldn't be happier. Everything is easy to navigate, organized, and straightforward. Most of the material was review for me, things I learned in university, and concepts I picked up since teaching ESL, but there was quite a bit I learned, and I'm so happy to continue filling my resource file. I would definitely recommend it to anyone else looking to get their TEFL certification. Thanks, i-to-i! :)
Course is great but i feel we should be made aware of all additional charges for things like certificates at the begining rather than at the end of the course.
The course was brilliantly structure and the information I learned will be of enormous use to me when I start teaching. The instruction, by Paula Jenkins, was first-class. I'd highly recommend this course to others!
The 120 hour course is very easy to follow and frankly quite interesting. After only 4 weeks I felt ready to face the three assessment tests and I was pleasantly surprised to learn that I passed in my first attempt.
Superb course. Thoroughly enjoyed and would highly recommend.
I had my TEFL certificate 18 years ago from an English learning school in Indonesia. Your 120-hour program is excellent. It was carefully planned and executed. It reminds me of what I studied and more. I believe this program really produces English teachers, good ones too. My only concern is that some of the videos in the program cannot be watched. I hope this can be fixed. Great job, I-to-i team!
A great insight in teaching best practice. This course requires you to actually study and learn the concepts and techniques needed to teach English as a foreign language to any variety of student levels. The course is not short and requires time to properly grasp the content. The end os section quizzes are useful and i would advise you to print and write notes on each section before you continue to the next. This will help completing the final test and write your essay. Be careful to look through the further reading as the examples will be useful to your lesson plan. Happy teaching !!
I took the 140-Hour Combined Course...overall I thought this was a decent course. For someone like myself who had no prior experience or knowledge of teaching, I think it's a very useful course to partake in. However, I did have a few issues with it. For one, there were numerous typos and grammatical mistakes littered all throughout the course. I find this quite odd considering the course's purpose is to teach people how to teach proper English. It just makes the course look sloppy and unprofessional. I also thought the self-check quizzes were at times irrelevant to the material that was presented in the course. Some of the quizzes had questions about things that were not even taught or included in the course, which I found to be frustrating. For the 20-hour practical portion of the course, I thought the directions for the Chicago location could've been much clearer (they told me the course was located in a restaurant when it was actually in a hotel), and there definitely should've been signage noting which floor and room number the course was in. Other than that, I think it was a decent investment, their customer support was pretty fast at responding to me when I had issues and the tutor who graded my final lesson plan was also very expedient. I was told it would take up to 7 business days to get my feedback and final grade, but the tutor responded the very next day, so that was awesome.
Brilliant! Their response rate is fast and efficient! Loved the course.
Very engaging, well set up course. I would have liked to see more films used. The course was easy to navigate and the material very helpful and interesting, however the quizzes/test sometimes had a question or two that didn't seem to really reflect the material and other questions were too easy. There were also a few typos spotted throughout. Other than that, basically 10/10.
I like this course (120 hour TEFL online course) for two reasons. First it gives you the good basics for TEFL teaching so that you are off for a good start. Secondly, it's really convenient and flexible in terms of location and time. Once you pay the fee, you can start the course right away anywhere around the world. And you can work on your own pace too. You may take up to three months to complete the course or if you wish, as I did, finish the course within ten days as I need the certificate urgently. I highly recommend the course to anyone.
28 and 29 May Karen Barbican London Exceptionally good and enjoyable class with a very intelligent and positive group of students, Karen communicated very well and put over the content well. Her Japanese courtse was inspirational. I could not fault the teaching and organisation thank you!
This course was really informative and I believe has provided me with the correct keys to beginning my career as a TEFT teacher. Let the adventures begin...
Thank you Jill! I always getting top notch support from the help desk. Appreciation moments... .
Great stuff! Can you email me another copy of my certification?
Hi Samuel, I believe our customer support team have been in touch to sort this out for you. Do let me know if you need anything further and congrats on completing your course! Kind regards, Kat
I was really impressed with the course and company until I received really poor customer service and a 'not our problem' attitude today regarding an issue with my weekend course. I have emailed a separate complaint about this today and am waiting for a response. Up to this point I would have totally recommended I to I but my opinion has been changed very quickly. A very poor customer experience and being treated like a number rather than an individual. I really think your customer support function needs looking into.
Good afternoon. My name is Michelle Ryan of Limerick Ireland. I purchased an i-to-i TEFL UK Course recently and unfortunately was unable to make the classroom practical course DUE TO POOR HEALTH! I had purchased YOUR COURSE for 199 EUROS. Now I was asked by you to write this review, and I would like to request that I be PAID BACK the money that I paid you. I suffer with Mental and Physical Illness, and because of this, I did not manage to make the course which I PAID FOR. SO PLEASE, I AM BEGGING YOU, I AM IN DIRE STRAITS HEALTH-WISE AND FINANCE-WISE. IT IS MY RIGHT, MY ENTITLEMENT THAT I BE RETURNED THE MONEY CAN YOU DO THIS FOR ME? I AWAIT YOUR REPLY, MICHELLE RYAN BRU NA NDEISE, LUIMNEACH EIRE
i-to-i TEFL is rated 4.69 based on 5,598 reviews