HSW Timber Reviews

98% of reviewers recommend HSW Timber

info@hswtimber.co.uk

The School WarehouseOld Perry StreetChislehurst

Telephone

How would you rate HSW Timber ?

"Stong Waney fence panel promptly delivered & (with help!) carried up the garden."
"Ordered and paid for 22 sheets of OSB to be delivered. Advised that 4 had been sold prior to delivery in the yard! so only 18 would be delivered the rest to follow. Of the 18 that arrived one was split with tape stuck around it, when I phoned to advise, they said this was probably on the bottom of the pack! why was it sent out if they knew this happens? Couldn't fault the delivery driver Colin though, he was the most helpful delivery driver I have ever had the pleasure of meeting, was apologetic about the missing boards and even helped to get them to my house rather than kerbside, now that's proper customer service. Had to chase the missing boards though as no communication provided on when these would be delivered until my third phone call to be told they were on their way. I guess you have to be a large company to get looked after at HSW but as a member of public I can only assume they don't really care that much."
Hi Chris,

We're very sorry to hear that the service wasn't to your liking. The one thing we always try to excel at is customer service.
The reason the damaged board was sent out was that it was at the bottom of a pack and when fork lifted on the lorry we can't check every single board. As a company policy we always collect anything damaged or not to the customers standards, so we arranged to exchange the damaged board and deliver the remaining materials the next day. Our managing director spoke to you directly to confirm all of this and at the time of the call we believed you were happy with the arrangements that had been made. If this wasn't the case then I apologise on behalf of HSW Timber and hope in the future we can better meet your needs.

Regards,
Stephen Hemsley
Office Manager
HSW Timber Co Ltd
"Dealt with HSW before and again their customer service from ordering to delivery was first class. In particular their delivery driver Colin was outstandingly helpful and courteous. I would hope that the company takes note of customer comments and rewards such good workers."
"Really high quality timber Excellent price Same/next day delivery The delivery person helped move the timber into my backyard (I was not expecting this!). Had a really nice chat with him as we did this. All in all a really solid stand up company - this is what companies should be like!"
"Great all round service on a consistent service. All the staff are great eg this morning Colin was particularly helpful unloading heavy stuff from a difficult to park spot. Would recommend them."
"Great company to deal with from guys in yard, sales office and delivery driver. Pleasure to buy from"
"Yet again first class service from HSW Everything in stock and delivered on time Delivery driver helpful as usual couldn’t have managed without him"
"Excellent quality materials delivered on the agreed time. Charlie was very helpful and courteous especially delivering to a tight cul-de-sac. Thank you. Will use again"
"Very pleased with service I received"
"I was installing a new fence for a client and it required a custom made close board fence panel, Jane arranged for the panel to be made and delivered within days. Jane kept me updated with the progress and delivery date, excellent service Thank you to all the staff at HSW. Luis"
"From the first phone call to order, followed by a return call from the company to confirm their stock and take my payment to the delivery - an excellent service - very helpful staff members and the delivery driver was lovely - polite and courteous and extremely accommodating - will definitely use again - Thank you HSW"
"An excellent service. The driver was most obliging and efficient."
"Order placement was very helpful and efficient, called me back very quickly and had sorted out my delivery requirements. The delivery driver was very helpful, friendly and cheerful. I’ll come back again."
"Delivery driver was very helpful, helped me take fence panels, and concrete fence post through to the back garden. Very polite."
"Both the lady in the office and the driver were very helpful and efficient. Prices are reasonable too!"
"Colin, the delivery driver was very chatty, pleasant and accomodating. The timber was brought through to where we needed it."
"Excellent value for money with prompt delivery. Driver was also very helpful in unloading."
"This is surely one, if not the best, timber suppliers in the South East and probably why professional builders and regular DIYers (like me) use it. Nothing seems too much bother to accommodate your needs such: as cutting timber and board material to size (accurately, not like some suppliers, and not just at right angles); order unusual items; and suggesting alternative that you may not have considered. All this with great, friendly service."
"As always staff extremely helpful on phone and when delivering the materials, thank you very much."
"Ordered some OSB and tananlised timber from them last summer after a lengthy search in the local area and after having used some others in the past. There prices were really competitive and ordering was quick and easy. Delivered on time, when I wanted it and the driver helped unload. I've bought from them again and will do so again without hesitation."
HSW Timber is rated 4.89 based on 62 reviews