HP Reviews

17% of reviewers recommend HP

How would you rate HP?

Mark Jones
"Ordering process was OK, but delivery side was poor. No comparison with Amazon Prime next day delivery."
"I spent £1200 on a gaming laptop with 3 years warranty. I bought based on the reviews because it could handle my software (I am a web/app developer and graphic designer. The laptop ceased working 5 weeks after purchase, HP spend many hours on the phone with me while remote accessing the laptop and could not fix the issue, it was concluded that machine was faulty, possible a motherboard issue. They told me that the only option was to send it back for repair. I am a student in my final few months at Uni, I need my computer. I asked can they collect this one and send me a replacement? They said no, after 28 days it is repair only! I find this policy shocking, if I had bought it from Currys PC World or Amazon, they would have replaced or refunded (I know this from experience with other items)"
"Purchased a printer. After 7 months the printer was deemed faulty and a new printer sent in replacement. After 6 months the new printer is now not working also and HP are refusing to fix/replace it as the original printer is out of warranty, even though a brand new unit was issued 6 months ago! Total rip off company and will not be using HP products again!"
"No manager will speak with you, no intention of ever returning a call or giving feedback and do not even believe in the worth of their own products. Mis-sold a computer with no wifi and within 30days were only offering less than 50% of the value as a 'negotiated' credit towards an alternative. They lied about timelines. Terrible service, will never use them again."
"HP is a detestable retailer: they force HP printer owners to buy HP only cartridges, which prices are OUTRAGEOUSLY high! If you go on Amazon and buy a cartridge from another suppliers, those horrible people from HP will forbid you to use your printer! I HAVE NEVER SEEN SUCH RESTRICTION OF TRADE, AND ABUSE OF DOMINANT POSITION AND POWER, FROM A RETAILER. HP should receive a MASSIVE FINE for acting in such an anti-competite manner like this. Also, their customer service is horrendous and useless, even worse than Applecare, which is difficult to achieve, frankly. HP is horrible and should stop trading all together."
Iris Pankhurst
Verified Reviewer
"I bought a new laptop in March 2017. It was slow from the start and kept disconnecting from wifi. Repeated contact with HP support resulted in no change. I asked them if there was a problem with Windows 10 on the machine but got no answer. I sent it back for service. On returning it they simply left it outside my house on the ground and did not ring and the laptop remained as slow as ever. I think the delivery damaged the casing (but cannot prove). Eventually after the cooling fan failed at 10 months old I asked for a refund or new laptop. At that point they told me I was entitled to nothing (still had nearly 2 months warranty left) and they had sold me a machine that was not powerful enough to run Windows 10 properly! The machine is not fit for purpose and the customer service is the worst I have ever experienced. I really want to warn others off this company."
"There is little wonder that the company has such a shockingly poor rating on trustpilot (1.7 out of 10 stars) and on here. I would give them 0 stars if I could. Truly horrible experience and I would encourage you to stay well away from this company and its products. On 26/11/16 I bought my HP laptop for around £600. In December 2016 HP contacted me to say I’d been sent the wrong model, and on 11/01/17 they replaced it and gave me my correct, current laptop. This was the first mistake they made and it inconvenienced me greatly, but at least it was eventually resolved. Then on 4/5 November 2017 weekend I travelled with my laptop and charger stored securely in a laptop bag, but later noticed that it had sustained several scratches despite being stored responsibly. This obviously indicates poor quality paintwork on the laptop as its own charger was so easily able to scratch it. On 7th November I spoke to HP customer services and told them this story in detail, and they reassured me that my laptop’s chassis would be replaced free of charge under my warranty. I was actually impressed at how easy and professional this had been. I was very wrong! Laptop was taken away, and on 22/11/17 I got a receipt that it had been received in the repair centre. To my surprise, a few days later I was contacted by someone from HP, who claimed to be someone senior in the customer relations department but refused to provide his manager's details. This person demanded payment for the job despite acknowledging that HP had told me this would be free. I tried to question the ethics of this with him but he was rude and would not listen. He would not shift on the demand for payment, or honour the promise his previous colleague had made. Instead of addressing my point, he had the laptop sent back to me without being repaired, having wasted a lot of my time and compromised my productivity whilst I had been without my laptop. I should not be in any way responsible or have to bear the consequences for their customer services team not knowing what is and isn’t covered by the warranty and at what cost- once a promise has been made, it should be honoured, and this is what I have repeatedly tried to contact HP about. A £57 repair to a chassis means nothing to such a large company but means everything to a customer who has been treated so poorly, with continuous mistakes from them. I’ve tried to complain several times to people on online chat but no one is bothered or interested in helping. In fact, these people claim that a complaints department doesn't exist, and have offered me a 'discounted' repair at three times the price that the original email was demanding! Disgusting crooks, out to squeeze money from innocent people who have already spent large amounts on their products."
"Why are HP still using DPD to deliver their items? Third time this has happened, DPD delivery man just put card through door without ringing door bell! Look at other reviews. If I owned the company I would not be using a company like DPD to deliver my items to customers!"
"I bought an HP Officejet Pro 6960. It said it had a wifi connection. It works fine over USB but the wifi connection is a myth. I spent hours wading through their support site. Lots of other people have the same problem. It's obvious they couldn't be bothered to make it work and just claimed on the box that it had wifi, but it doesn't really. They were pretty good at signing up my credit card for replacement ink cartridges, but they couldn't care less about providing a printer that actually works as advertised."
Callum Bassett
"Recently bought the HP Spectre x360 13" and my word is it a sexy laptop. I was stuck on what configuration to go for based on my college and YouTuber needs but sure enough after a quick email to HP's sales team I I found the right one for me. The team have been super helpful allowing for great belief that HP will continue this standard of customer service in the future."
"Exceptionally poor customer service. Refused to process order cancellation request despite it being well within distance selling regulations time constraints, claimed already dispatched only to admit it hadn’t actually left their warehouse. Refused to escalate complaint and then proceeded to disapatch item after my phone call."
"I called this number since my HP printer Ink didn't work, considering the domain name "hp.supportnumber.uk", I assumed it is the HP customer service. I explained the problem, and they offered me a £100 year membership to "fix the problem". I was confused about why would HP charge for support, and asked again if they really are HP's customer support. He told me that they are, and when I asked again of why they charge for the support he hung up."
Martin Owen
"DPD failed to deliver on the correct day, apart from that hassle free."
"As the owner of 3 hp products ( Desktop computer, Chromebook and printer ) I expected I would be in good hands. How wrong I was! Searched in vain online for what I wanted ( A replacement for the USB that controls the keyboard and mouse on my desktop ). Probably too small an item for them to be bothered about. I l also tried contacting them by phone and after being redirected a number of times was finally told they couldn't help me. So as my 3 items will be replaced in the future I will staying well clear of HP."
"I have sworn never to purchase another HP product and I want everyone to know why so they can avoid the same kind of problems I have had with HP. Recently, a Microsoft update crashed my system. After spending hours and hours online with Microsoft – who provided excellent support, by the way – they suggested that the only way to resolve my problem was to reinstall my operating system. The only problem was that the only way I had to do that was to copy the installation files to a USB drive and boot from that. I went into the BIOS settings on my HP computer only to discover that HP has made the setting so confusing that I couldn’t figure out how to change to boot order so the computer would boot from the USB drive instead of the hard drive. It should have been a simple thing to do, but it wasn’t. I called HP for support only that have them tell me that telling me how to change the boot order was outside of the scope of the warranty. They refused to tell me. Instead, they gave me a paid support number to call. Needless to say, I was not pleased. I finally figured out how to do it on my own, no thanks to HP support. But that was not all, after reinstalling the operating system, the camera wasn’t working. After trying all the tricks I know, I again called HP support only to have them tell me that the problem was because I installed the operating system from a retail disk instead of the HP disks for my computer. They told me that in order to resolve the driver issue I would have to purchase the HP installation disks for $60. Say what? What kind of support is that? Again I refused to give in to HP. I contacted Microsoft again and their technicians were able to find a driver that worked, without having to again reinstall my operating system or having to purchase HP’s disks. Now that’s what I call good support. I, personally, will NEVER again purchase another HP product due to their extremely poor customer support and I would urge any of you who are considering purchasing one of their products to reconsider. If you run into problems, you are either on your own or they will refer you to paid support."
"Never ever purchase anything from HP store. they would not allow me to return my new unopened HP OMEN laptop that i tried to cancel before they dispatched. they forced me to accept it, and that is what i did. there website sends you round in circles and there contact number is not real false. anyway after deciding to keep this laptop, as i had no choice i have been waiting for the promotional Intel starter pack offer code to be sent to me. i got speak to person from HP not sure what department they told me that they cannot be reached there, and the sales department and telephone number was incorrect. HP own People could't get through!. i have received several emails telling me the code for Intel starter pack has been sent. .Rubbish Rubbish Rubbish. I will never ever purchase HP products of any sort again full stop. Have sold my laptop for a loss but feel much better that i have."
Kurt Neunhoeffer
Unverified Reviewer
"it does not work"
Kurt Neunhoeffer
Unverified Reviewer
"hp officejet 6820"
"As the lord is my witness I have never come across such poor customer service. My brand new printer Envy 5541 went wrong after only the second use. Getting assistance was near impossible when I finally got through to someone I was told it was a hardware problem, take it back to the shop and exchange it for a RECONDITIONED one!!! Yes..... that isn't a typo. Never will I part with my money for any HP product again."
"By far, THE WORST customer service I've ever experienced. I was on the phone for over 2 hours to resolve an issue with my recently purchased monitor and they kept transferring me to the wrong department...so they say. I asked for the direct line and they kept giving me different numbers. When asking to speak to the head of corporate, they ignored my issue and talked over me saying "Okay, apologies we couldn't help, have a good day," and hung up. NEVER BUY THESE PRODUCTS. They often have hardware issues and no one is able to help you."
HP is rated 1.83 based on 29 reviews