HP Reviews

11% of reviewers recommend HP

Tell us how HP made you happy

"AVOID! Bought a so called "premium" laptop (Envy x360) direct from HP. After 3 weeks wireless connection started dropping every 2 -3 minutes. Support line is only open Mon-Fri (when you're at work). Otherwise you need to report the fault online (great if you have a laptop that can connect to the internet). By the time I was able to finish work early (on a Friday) and call them, I was put in a queue and then told that the waiting time was so long (over 40 minutes) that the service will close before my call was answered (which turned out to be true). Called them the following Monday morning to be told that the return window closed 3 days ago!!! I now have to wait for a repair. When asked to be put through to their complaints/customer service department I was told that I cannot have a repair open at the same time as a complaint. So, 2 choices: complain and further delay access to my £1000 computer or don't complain and get this virtually brand new computer repaired. A very clever way of avoiding complaints. Please avoid this company. The poor experience of this laptop is exacerbated by even worse support."
"Extremely difficult to find printer cartridges. The dealers sell most of those printers on offer where after few days you won't get the cartridges. One such model is 6960. White UAE shops are out of 903. All sat that HP is short of stock."
"On the 24th of December I purchased a HP Spectre 360 laptop for £1709 and it arrived at 10:30 a.m. this morning (27th). The laptop does not start. There are no lights, or any response from the laptop, although the power unit does hum slightly. At 11am, I spoke to Alex at tech support, and she agreed that the unit is faulty and said it would be replaced quickly. She said that as I had bought a premium laptop with a care plan I would get priority and would shortly receive a text or an email with details of when the replacement would arrive and explained that the faulty machine would be collected at the same time. But I heard nothing. So I phoned tech support again at 1:50pm and spoke to Chris who put me through to a different department that deals with replacements. They told me they could not send out a replacement laptop until they had collected the non-working one and they could not do this before the 3rd of January. They didn't give any indication of when I would actually receive a working one. I explained that tech support had promised to replace the machine quickly as it was a premium purchase, that it had cost £1709, I need it for work and that I am going away on a business trip for a week starting tomorrow evening - and was relying on having this computer for that trip. The person I spoke to had a very couldn't care less attitude and said there was nothing she could do. The care plan didn't come into effect for thirty days, so no, Tech Support was wrong, I didn't have any kind of 'priority' and would have to wait. So I phoned tech support again and spoke to Ben who gave me the HP post sales email address but couldn't give me a phone number. So I've emailed the UK site post sales department, but have not had a reply and having now seen the reviews on this site i am really worried, that was a very large sum of money that I invested in this computer :-( I believed I was buying a premium laptop with a 3-year care plan, instead I received a non working item with useless support and I'm now being given a run-around to try and get it replaced and am extremely unimpressed and disappointed by this."
"This has to be one of the worse companies I have to deal with. Ordered the wrong item and tried to cancel straight away. The website said that it was being dispatched I could not even though the order was placed on late Saturday afternoon. Raised a query online as there is no phone number to contact them. Received an email that they would collect 4 days after delivery. I emailed back to say that was fine. Nobody turned up and no response to further emails. This is truly appalling service in this day and age. There is no phone number to contact them on and they do not respond to emails. Do not buy from this HP official website. AWFUL AWFUL AWFUL."
"I can't begin to describe HP Stores customer service, primarily because they don't appear to have a customer service department, you can't contact them by phone instead you have to contact them by web form (14 days and still waiting for a response) or email (12 days and still waiting for a response). They have my monitor that I returned, they have my money and the only way I can get my money back is through Paypal as HP are ignoring all my efforts to contact them to get this sorted. If you are reading this thinking about buying from them just don't even if they are cheaper it's not worth the hassle if something goes wrong."
"I order a laptop on 20th of November which should be delivered on 21st November. Still, I am waiting for this laptop which I needed 5 days ago, and if I ordered it on Black Friday o 23rd November I could get it at least with £50 cheaper. This morning again no one knows what's going on with my order.'' The online system doesn't work today'' was the answer to me from the girl over the phone!!!"
"I ordered a laptop on HP's website and cancelled the order about an hour later because I changed my mind and because I knew Black Friday was coming up and this was on the 28th of October, they said they would cancel it and never did, they still delivered the laptop on the Tuesday of that week. Then on the same day I filed a return, they said that they would collect it but on the day that we arranged, I stayed home all day and took a day off my school work to listen and wait for someone to pick it up but no one turned up. I complained again and they said I should drop it off, the packaged was received on Tuesday 13th of November, they have yet to process it, black friday is next week and because I paid on Paypal they said that it will take 8 days after they process it. I am absolutely raging because I cancelled it and now I can't buy the laptop that I wanted a month after I have cancelled the expensive item. I honestly feel like filing a lawsuit against this s*** company."
"AVOID THIS COMPANY AT ALL COSTS!! I am gobsmacked for the amout of quality issues I have had with my laptop after paying over £1000 11 months ago. I bought the hp envy x360 and the quality issues ive faced have been shocking!! I opened my laptop today the screen just broke off, I opened it a little more for the screen to just shatter, gobsmacked!! Based on reading alot of other reviews people are dealing with the same issues, how this company is trading is criminal!! I will be going out my way to make people aware of how bad this company is as well as reporting them to bbc watchdog and trading standards!! AVOID THIS COMPANY AT ALL COSTS!!!"
"Absolute joke. Sold me a faulty device and failed to collect it on two arranged dates. nobody there respects customers.so far their support made so many crucial mistakes that i am speechless. i ve lost my discount, day of work, day of school and a month of nerves, 5 different people sends you to other people and do anything to just shut you up and pretend to help. Avoid at all cost and do not hesitate to pay even a bit more to get your stuff from somewhere else."
"I purchased a new laptop with a screen problem. They agreed to replace. Emails take 4-5 days to reply to or ignore, they arranged two collections but didn’t send a box or address/bar code for the collection do spent two days waiting in. It’s bern a month and they still haven’t collected my new laptop to exchange! £750 for a useless laptop. I e never experienced such poor after sales from any company ever! It’s horrific!"
"I tried to claim on their cash back scheme and after sending everything off as requested in their terms and conditions waited to hear back if the claim was valid. After not receiving anything from them I used their claim tracker to find out that they were waiting for some further details which they had emailed me for. I checked all my email folders and could find no email from them anywhere. Note that I run a business and all emails are automatically archived as well as showing in the inbox folder. I emailed them and was told that they required me to send them the email confirming that I had signed up for their instant ink, which I had already sent to them in my original claim. I duly sent the email and they replied that they had emailed on a certain date and requested the details be sent within 7 days. Since it was now outside the 7 days my claim was invalid. How strange that they had received the copy of the receipt but not the copy of the confirmation email ( sent in the same message from their website based claim form). How strange that their email requesting further details is the only one not in my email account. How strange that they don't have the facility to see that they have sent the confirmation email to me in the first place to facilitate a claim. How strange that searching online I can find several others who have had the same type of BS from them. How strange that from now on this is one business user who will not be dealing with them again when I next need any computers, printers or peripherals."
"Never ever think that HP will honour their cashback offers and don't even imagine they'll talk with you, reply to messages or help in anyway when you need them."
"this is the crappest business in the u.k. I bought a new hp printer in Feb this year, the ink which comes with ir printed 5 pages then ran out . I ordered 2 more sets of ink, they only sent 1 set, after loads of searching phone numbers I then emailed, was told that they would look into it, took a week, admitted the problem , were going to send the other inks out, but then refunded my money for 1 set , so I had to pay postage again for the other set. Theprinted then stopped working las week, so I had to leave it with the store, and buy another printer.Have ordered agaIN 2 SETS OF INK, THEY HAVE AGAIN SENT ONLY 1, SO I'm now going round in circles. Wouldn't touch this cowbot outfitwith a barge pole if I were you. If in doubt about this feedback ring me on 07540723400 and I'll give you the full version."
"I ordered a HP Envy 13 directly from their store. The one I received had a faulty screen. I contacted them within an hour of the laptop arriving. Was told that they would call me back - which they never did. I phoned them back, to which it was confirmed that I would receive a replacement. From this I heard nothing from HP until the courier firm arrived to collect my broken laptop - with no prior warning that they were going to collect the product. Luckily, I did receive a replacement. However, I am failing to receive adequate service in transferring a care package THAT I PAID FOR to the replacement laptop. I have been told repeatedly to wait for an email from the "correct department". It has been over two weeks and I still haven't had this transferrred"
"Failed to deliver my order as promised. Said they’d have to file a claim with the courier .... why is that my problem and as the paying customer, why should I have to wait who knows how long for that process to happen??? Why couldn’t HP immediately replace my goods and sort out their claim with their courier in their time, not mine? Unfortunately for HP, I could see from the couriers website the parcel wasn’t even with them, it was still with HP! Phone calls to HPPost sales every day, emails to them every day, until eventually they agreed to cancel the order and refund me. I have even contacted their CEO.... and I STILL HAVE NOT RECEIVED A REFUND. Customer Service doesn’t get worse than this. These people are rogues who take your money and fail to deliver the goods. Where I come from that’s called fraud. Will be getting trading standards involved and BBC Watchdog if my money isn’t back in my account today."
"Ordering process was OK, but delivery side was poor. No comparison with Amazon Prime next day delivery."
"I spent £1200 on a gaming laptop with 3 years warranty. I bought based on the reviews because it could handle my software (I am a web/app developer and graphic designer. The laptop ceased working 5 weeks after purchase, HP spend many hours on the phone with me while remote accessing the laptop and could not fix the issue, it was concluded that machine was faulty, possible a motherboard issue. They told me that the only option was to send it back for repair. I am a student in my final few months at Uni, I need my computer. I asked can they collect this one and send me a replacement? They said no, after 28 days it is repair only! I find this policy shocking, if I had bought it from Currys PC World or Amazon, they would have replaced or refunded (I know this from experience with other items)"
"Purchased a printer. After 7 months the printer was deemed faulty and a new printer sent in replacement. After 6 months the new printer is now not working also and HP are refusing to fix/replace it as the original printer is out of warranty, even though a brand new unit was issued 6 months ago! Total rip off company and will not be using HP products again!"
"No manager will speak with you, no intention of ever returning a call or giving feedback and do not even believe in the worth of their own products. Mis-sold a computer with no wifi and within 30days were only offering less than 50% of the value as a 'negotiated' credit towards an alternative. They lied about timelines. Terrible service, will never use them again."
"HP is a detestable retailer: they force HP printer owners to buy HP only cartridges, which prices are OUTRAGEOUSLY high! If you go on Amazon and buy a cartridge from another suppliers, those horrible people from HP will forbid you to use your printer! I HAVE NEVER SEEN SUCH RESTRICTION OF TRADE, AND ABUSE OF DOMINANT POSITION AND POWER, FROM A RETAILER. HP should receive a MASSIVE FINE for acting in such an anti-competite manner like this. Also, their customer service is horrendous and useless, even worse than Applecare, which is difficult to achieve, frankly. HP is horrible and should stop trading all together."
HP is rated 1.55 based on 44 reviews