The House of Bruar Reviews

8PM
8PM

Tell us how The House of Bruar made you happy

Telephone
"I HAVE PURCHASED A V NECK COTTON BLEND TOP FROM HOUSE OF BRUAR. I AM VERY IMPRESSED WITH THE QUALITY AND FIT. THE DOUBLE FRONT ENSURES IT LOOKS SMOOTH AND SMART. IT IS A HEAVIER WEIGHT TOP FOR THE WINTER.IT ALSO WASHES BEAUTIFULLY AND IF HANDLED WELL DOESN'T NEED IRONING. I AM NOW ORDERING ONE IN A DIFFERENT COLOUR. NOT THE FASTEST DELIVERY BUT A COUPLE OF DAYS IS FINE FOR ME. I WILL CONTINUE TO LOOK AT THEIR STOCK FOR GOOD QUALITY CLOTHING."
Are you The House of Bruar? Reply to this positive review and show your potential customers that you care about the feedback The House of Bruar receives. Reply Free
"Over the last at least 15 years both my mother and I have always bought our winter sweaters (generally around 3-4 usually polo neck sweaters each) from House of Bruar. My mother always buys cashmere but I am not able to wear them so I have had either lambs wool or more often Merino wool which until recently have been exceptional quality. This year I have bought 3 merino wool sweaters and the quality is appalling - they are thin, the necks do not sit properly and they are losing there shape already and I have only worn then at the most 3 times. I have noticed there where on all of my previous sweaters there has been a made in Scotland label in them this year there is not. I can only assume that they are now made somewhere like China. Also previously the sweaters have arrived in boxes wrapped in tissue paper this time they were just stuffed in to plastic bags. I'm afraid to say that it is very unlikely that I will be buying any more sweaters from House of Bruar or recommending them to anyone I know, which is a great pity as I have always felt that House of Bruar was one of the few places where you could guarantee good quality and not the cheap rubbish off the high street."
"Thank you. I am delighted with my duffle cape and with the excellent service."
"Fab suede long jacket Wonderful service Thank you"
"Hello No problem with the quality of your goods but the website is poor and does not display ladies fashions at different angles. Packaging is appalling. I received a silk and cashmere long skirt in a recycled bag from a jumper. I don’t know how they got it in and it was so creased on delivery. Other items were beautifully wrapped in tissue. I then ordered two cashmere ponchos and they also arrived very creased from being pushed into plastic bags. Why don’t they wrap or fold these items in tissue? Also I very much object to paying postage on delivery and return. When you’re buying from a catalogue or website how can you judge the fit? Can’t they absorb these prices?"
"We have been visiting the house of Bruar since it opened (many years) and have always enjoyed the visit for a meal on the way to the highlands and back on a recent visit 3 times in 4 days - On entry to the mens dept from the car , the smell of stale fish and chips was very off putting in the restaurant the "clean" plates for food were dirty - smeared with food remnants , knives and forks also dirty with food remains - never have we experienced such miserable restaurant staff - a complete opposite to the mens clothing dept who deserve 6 stars for their friendly helpful and always smiling appearance. Regards"
"We recently visited the House of Bruar and my lovely husband treated me to an overcoat and two skirts that I absolutely love, I also have sweaters and polo necks for the autumn/winter collection and will definitely order again."
"Excellent service and advice."
"I could not open the original package without having to rip it open. I had to chase up a refund which I should have received 2 weeks ago. In this instance I would have been appeased by having my return postage cost refunded. No verbal apology received either."
"The worst customer service I have ever met. Two last orders were not completed because of stock database error. Nobody informs you before uncompleted order is shipped. Made order on 24/11/2017; partially shipped on 01/12/2017; informed about some items unavailable and asked to change size or colour on 05/12/2017. It is impossible to amend or cancel your order before shipping. Absolutely different tradition from the most of British online shops! Quality items but bad management!"
"Online ordering not a good experience, item out of stock, but ordered anyway as new stock expected. No update emails, no reply to my email sent to them. I am a new customer to them after being bombarded with expensive catalogues, but seems not valued enough to reply to email, so poor customer service."
"Their garments are always splendid quality which is what I always look for."
The House of Bruar is rated 3.25 based on 12 reviews