The House of Bruar Reviews

08AM
8AM

Tell us how The House of Bruar made you happy

Telephone
"My wife purchased goods from them online and since then we have have been inundated with catalogues from companies selling all and sundry. This company has obviously sold on our details, without our permission and contrary to data protection, to a Company called Epsilon Abacus who then pass your details onto all catalogue companies. So not only do they take your money for goods they are so greedy and have such little disregard for their customers that they pass you on. Give them a miss unless you want to be plagued by catalogue companies."
Are you The House of Bruar? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"Very disappointed with this company. They constantly send me brochures most of which end in the bin. This is because once in the past I bought something from them online. I wasn't asked at the time whether I wanted to receive their brochure. However, recently I did purchase some items from them online. The purchasing process was easy and they arrived within a week of ordering. Regrettably two items had to be returned because they didn't fit. The refund procedure was terribly slow with no communication and the only way I received my refund was chasing them and miraculously the refund was processed straight away. I also had cause to return an item that was faulty. It took two weeks to receive my refund after having numerous conversations, sending them photos of the faults and eventually receiving a free return label to send the item back. Even them it took a further week for them to deign to give me a refund. Clearly they mistrusted my complaint about the item and had to have a conference between them to decide whether I should receive a refund. It is extremely unlikely that I shall order from them again."
"Minimum of 14 working days to deal with a refund is ridiculous! No more online purchases for me!"
"Purchases and refunds VERY slow. Bought two Harris Tweed coats one long length for formal wear and a pea coat for casual. Horrified to see pea coat £100 cheaper a couple of weeks after my first purchase,along with a jumper reduced by £30 !! How about making things a little cheaper to begin with? Worn the pea coat first time today, found material thin and not vet warm as with the other coat.lining is cheap and uncomfortable and internal fastening button has been lost within1/2 an hour so will have to find another and do some sewing..... on a brand new coat !! Love wool garments it’s the best material ever, but these guys are just too overpriced for the quality given. Won’t be back in a hurry ... if at all !!"
"Delivery very very slow. Customer service not up to scratch."
"Just ordered 2 lambswool sweaters and am having to send them straight back. The wool is thin and very scratchy and does not look or feel like lambswool to me. Very disappointed."
"Bought hooded down coat as advertised in Telegaph newspaper just before Christmas. Very disappointed with it, each time I wear it the down comes through the lining and settles on my clothes and even the car seat."
"House of Bruar Do not be fooled when the literature states that exchanges are postage free - they are not."
"I am in complete agreement with your reviewer Claire. I too have had numerous sweaters from The House of Bruar and have been very pleased with them. However the latest sweater I received and which had a 'Munrospun' label attached has been a great disappointment. On receipt I was dubious about the quality, but after the first wash it gave the appearance of an old rag. What has happened to the Barrie labels? in my opinion 1 star is still too generous."
"I HAVE PURCHASED A V NECK COTTON BLEND TOP FROM HOUSE OF BRUAR. I AM VERY IMPRESSED WITH THE QUALITY AND FIT. THE DOUBLE FRONT ENSURES IT LOOKS SMOOTH AND SMART. IT IS A HEAVIER WEIGHT TOP FOR THE WINTER.IT ALSO WASHES BEAUTIFULLY AND IF HANDLED WELL DOESN'T NEED IRONING. I AM NOW ORDERING ONE IN A DIFFERENT COLOUR. NOT THE FASTEST DELIVERY BUT A COUPLE OF DAYS IS FINE FOR ME. I WILL CONTINUE TO LOOK AT THEIR STOCK FOR GOOD QUALITY CLOTHING."
"Over the last at least 15 years both my mother and I have always bought our winter sweaters (generally around 3-4 usually polo neck sweaters each) from House of Bruar. My mother always buys cashmere but I am not able to wear them so I have had either lambs wool or more often Merino wool which until recently have been exceptional quality. This year I have bought 3 merino wool sweaters and the quality is appalling - they are thin, the necks do not sit properly and they are losing there shape already and I have only worn then at the most 3 times. I have noticed there where on all of my previous sweaters there has been a made in Scotland label in them this year there is not. I can only assume that they are now made somewhere like China. Also previously the sweaters have arrived in boxes wrapped in tissue paper this time they were just stuffed in to plastic bags. I'm afraid to say that it is very unlikely that I will be buying any more sweaters from House of Bruar or recommending them to anyone I know, which is a great pity as I have always felt that House of Bruar was one of the few places where you could guarantee good quality and not the cheap rubbish off the high street."
"Thank you. I am delighted with my duffle cape and with the excellent service."
"Fab suede long jacket Wonderful service Thank you"
"Hello No problem with the quality of your goods but the website is poor and does not display ladies fashions at different angles. Packaging is appalling. I received a silk and cashmere long skirt in a recycled bag from a jumper. I don’t know how they got it in and it was so creased on delivery. Other items were beautifully wrapped in tissue. I then ordered two cashmere ponchos and they also arrived very creased from being pushed into plastic bags. Why don’t they wrap or fold these items in tissue? Also I very much object to paying postage on delivery and return. When you’re buying from a catalogue or website how can you judge the fit? Can’t they absorb these prices?"
"We have been visiting the house of Bruar since it opened (many years) and have always enjoyed the visit for a meal on the way to the highlands and back on a recent visit 3 times in 4 days - On entry to the mens dept from the car , the smell of stale fish and chips was very off putting in the restaurant the "clean" plates for food were dirty - smeared with food remnants , knives and forks also dirty with food remains - never have we experienced such miserable restaurant staff - a complete opposite to the mens clothing dept who deserve 6 stars for their friendly helpful and always smiling appearance. Regards"
"We recently visited the House of Bruar and my lovely husband treated me to an overcoat and two skirts that I absolutely love, I also have sweaters and polo necks for the autumn/winter collection and will definitely order again."
"Excellent service and advice."
"I could not open the original package without having to rip it open. I had to chase up a refund which I should have received 2 weeks ago. In this instance I would have been appeased by having my return postage cost refunded. No verbal apology received either."
"The worst customer service I have ever met. Two last orders were not completed because of stock database error. Nobody informs you before uncompleted order is shipped. Made order on 24/11/2017; partially shipped on 01/12/2017; informed about some items unavailable and asked to change size or colour on 05/12/2017. It is impossible to amend or cancel your order before shipping. Absolutely different tradition from the most of British online shops! Quality items but bad management!"
"Online ordering not a good experience, item out of stock, but ordered anyway as new stock expected. No update emails, no reply to my email sent to them. I am a new customer to them after being bombarded with expensive catalogues, but seems not valued enough to reply to email, so poor customer service."
The House of Bruar is rated 2.43 based on 21 reviews