Homebase Reviews

5PM
5PM

Popular Questions:

Delivery

How does Homebase deliver?

How can I contact Homebase?

ph:+44-34-50778888

order.enquiries@homebase.co.uk

Categories:
Business & Office
Home And Garden

Tell us how Homebase made you happy

Courier, Own Driver
Live Chat, Email, Telephone
"This must be the only company which: • thinks that it is ok to send half a kitchen now and the rest in a few weeks’ time • completely ignores their customers wishes (I wrote on 3 different occasions that I do not have space to store half a kitchen and as I am working every day I am not willing to give up 2 days holiday for kitchen deliveries) • makes promises with no intention of keeping (when I emailed the store to confirm that the kitchen would be delivered on the day we agreed, and I have taken as holiday, I was told that I could have some of the kitchen on a completely different date) • sends all sorts of items which are not required, don’t send all the items required • expects the customers to bring the items which were not ordered back to the shop and pick up the items which were ordered and charges delivery for that • manages to send 4 worktops, all of them damaged (I paid a carpenter to repair 3 of the worktops – there were only 3 needed for the kitchen but we were charged and delivered 4) • has a policy that if the customer has been overcharged clearly by mistake of the company (one of the items being the 4th worktop) and at no fault whatsoever of the customer, that the customer has to make a 2-hour round trip to get the money back • has unhelpful and unfriendly staff which give the customer a feeling of being a bother"
Are you Homebase? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"High prices, staff have very little knowledge of what they’re selling and the concept of customer service is completely alien to this company"
"We ordered a Palram Olympia verandah. Delivered on time, good quality fantastic customer service. Easy to install, instructions easy to follow, looks fabulous in our garden. There was an issue with a couple of rails but sorted out and replacements arrived very quickly. Cannot speak too highly of them and the Palram products. Will be looking to order another one for above patio. Dave & Shirley"
"Purchased silver mist silk emulsion, this has to be to worse paint I've ever used!! Rubbish coverage, diabolical to cut in, and lifts previous layer!! After 2 coats I'm giving up, and using a different brand!!"
"Was called a liar and theif because I use big bags for my shopping"
"Awful customer service ordered on 27 th jan now 16th feb no order! Staff unhelpful and basically don’t care anyway quite clearly they have no respect for their business, never again"
"I have to give a star or I can't leave a review, just bought a "chrome" toilet lever handle,, what an absolute joke , £13:95, for a "chrome" one,, chrome my arse,, BLOODY PLASTIC,, exact same material as £3:99 chrome colour plastic handle,, then you find NO instructions,, along with no rubber washers for securing against the cistern,, NOT worth the effort of travelling another 28 mile round trip to return,, STRAIGHT in the bin and ordering from B&Q online ,, would NEVER visit Homebase again"
"I bought a complete kitchen from Homebase and all was fine until the laminate on 2 of the doors started peeling off. The management of Homebase told me the doors were not covered under the guarantee only the cabinets, not true, then told me no company in the U.K. made those size doors anymore. I went to the Homebase store and the assistant gave me a printed list of door sizes they provide, low and behold they supply the exact same size as my faulty ones. I complained to head office and they said it wasn't a manufacturing fault and I had to prove it was"
"I brought a real Christmas tree on 39th November a cut one. It has been wonderful will definetly buy the same next good value hardly any needles dropped still going strong and still very very green. Thank you Homebase you made our Christmas.. Bracknell store"
"Homebase Staines Not only have I been sold shoddy goods but the Store Manager would not take my calls or answer my emails which included photos. They need to treat their customers better. Shoddy goods and shoddy customer service. Don't stand a hope in hells chance of getting any form of refund"
"Went to your Norwich branch , hall road, brought some paint , later realised it had been discontinued , lisa on customer services went out of her way to find me some more , very helpful, very impressed . ally"
"Charged full price for batteries clearly marked half price, no apology and a very hostile attitude from till operator. Sorted out at length by customer service - the whole affair a criminal waste of my time. Your website will not accept my email address of 16 years standing, so unable to leave feedback."
"Bought some Homebase home of colour kitchen and bathroom paint. This is for a small shower room with good extraction and I have been decorating for over forty years . Yep you guessed it it was absolute rubbish , even though this was summer the paint developed condensation type lines which stayed, just had to repaint with Dulux Kitchen paint, not a happy bunny."
"I have been waiting three weeks now for packs of 3 metre coving to be back in stock in the Bath store. It seems that they have no real stock control. But I will say that all the staff are really helpful and are very knowledgable"
"Wanted to buy tile adhesive and grout. Went online to check if my nearby Homebase had the items available. The result was that there were 8 of each in stock and I promptly made my way to my local store. On arrival, I found the adhesive but NO grey grout having been assured that 8 were available. The help desk checked their stock file which confirmed that they had ZERO. They then checked the website which still said that 8 were available. Retailing with computers is great but only if the inputs are right with no errors. Either 8 have been sold or stolen. You choose. But nobody is going to order more when the system mistakenly shows 8 to be available when they are not. How will I know when this item I want is back in stock if I cannot rely on the website to give me accurate information as I do not want to have another pointless trip"
"Can't thank Homebase at Rotherham enough for the fantastic service shown to me from walking in to delivery of my items. I bought 2 large items using click and collect as Rotherham were the only store that had them in, which meant I had to travel further than my local store but made the journey anyway. On arrival I was told that they had only been able to find one of them, which was disappointing as you can imagine but straight away they tried to resolve the problem. Jayne said if I was happy to pick another design to have 2 to match they would honour the same price as Chris the manager had agreed it. But we wasn't able to find another one to match so Eddy sourced another from another store. So I took the one I had chose to return when they had picked the other one up from the other store a few days later. They actually found another 2 so I actually bought another whilst at it..just in case. When I returned the 2 didn't match the one I had already taken( due to technical code error) so was very disappointed but Paula went out if her way to ring lots of stores to find me the other 2 and was determined to help. Eddy who had also been very helpful said we will now deliver them to you as you have now travelled twice, which I appreciated due to the store being 25 miles away each way, so had already driven 100 miles to collect these. It took just over a week to sort from first ordering to getting them delivered but I was impressed by the effort that went in to it. Paula inparticular never gave up trying and it was due to her effort I have them to complete my project. DAVE and TONY ;-) delivered them to me the day they were picked up from the other store. Great guys who even said they would have a look in Sheffield store to see if they had any next time they wee there and let me know in case I needed anymore with them being hard to source. Dave left a message to say he had done that for me..again very impressed. So I would just like to say a big thank you to ALL of them for their excellent customer service and would definitely return to Homebase in future and would recommend from the service I was shown!!"
"I Shopped at Folkstone Home Base this morning,bought compost ,slate chippings and a large potted shrub,needed help getting it to the car ,just like to say thank you to the helpful young man who loaded the car with heavy load, noticed his name was Greg many thanks"
"Purchased their non-drip brilliant white satin paint instore to paint all my internal woodwork (work carried out by professional decorator). This work was done only 4 weeks ago. Went to homebase website only to find they only seem to accept reviews from those who have purchased via their website .. one suspects for good reason. The paint is not brilliant white, more of a cream colour, and those areas not exposed to sunlight are rapidly turning yellow. The paint is not robust enough to stand up to everyday life and flakes off at the least provocation despite the decorator having prepared the bare wooden surface. The finish is not satin, more of a gloss. And to my surprise turned out not to be waterbased like all other satins, ie requires white solvent to remove. We cannot afford the cost of having the paint professionally stripped and repainted with something of higher quality, so now I have the pleasure of sitting back and watching my woodwork gradually turning nicotine yellow. Avoid homebase-branded paints."
"They are robbing bastards sold me a use radio as new and one that they don’t even sell and made me fill like a criminal was no help from them at all"
"I placed an order 4 weeks ago for furniture and was told delivery would be in 7 days. 4 weeks later still no delivery or apology. Chased up through head office who informed me that I would not get my delivery until December/January. Was told to go to store myself for a full delivery. Shocking customer service! Will not be returning! 😤😤"
Homebase is rated 2.46 based on 412 reviews