Homebase Reviews

order.enquiries@homebase.co.uk

Categories:
Business & Office
Home And Garden

Tell us how Homebase made you happy

Courier, Own Driver
Over a week
"Shameful Company, failed to cancel my order with their supplier, the supplier call me for deliver today and no cash back so far!!!!!!!! Rude Customer service, didn't want to help!!!!"
Are you Homebase? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Get Access
"Couldn't repair a Qualcast mower costing £90 after 2 years They weren't prepared to repair or order new parts very unhelpful. Staff did not want to know details."
"Could not test light bulb and lamp… Could not test light bulb and lamp shade in store! Staff member refused to let me! Time to switch to faceless Amazon where the service is better! This was in a store with 20+ lights switched on and being sold in store! Recommendation: Shop elsewhere. Homebase, Cambridge."
"Customer services isn’t pro active it’s barely re active it’s so poor it’s an embarrassing farce."
"Rubbish reservation system - don’t even know why it’s so called as I booked an item only be phoned (within the 3 hr time limit though) and told it was out of stock but they had 6 in another store which I then booked and went out of my way to collect (after I heard nothing this time within the 3 hrs) to be told we hadn’t got round to phoning you yet but the item was also out of stock there as I was on down the list and those in front got first - what is the point of having a reservation system - absolutely with these people now - Homebase has really gone down hill"
"Dear Homebase, I bought 2 Bamboos from your branch in Selly Oak. A month after it was planted, it started to dry off. I tried many a thing to revive it to no avail. It was an expensive Phyllostachis variety and I feel very disappointed with the purchase. Please see attached."
"Ordered 2 metal. Tool drawers from Altrincham Homebase. They arrived with 8 nuts and bolts missing and a damaged rubber mat. I thought it would be easy to get the problem sorted out. But 6 days after contacting them they still hadn’t sent the parts. So i returned them Very bad customer service lost the sale of £475. And i wont ever shop in Homebase again Awaiting chargeback from mastercard"
"Cheltenham Homebase - I reserved an air conditioning unit as the weather was turning so hot, I reserved it and went in the next day to pick It up. When asking the only person on the till to go and get it for me a woman pushed through the queue with a large air conditioning unit in her trolley and just walked straight out, nobody stopped her and I had a horrible feeling she just walked out with my unit and then realised that I think she stole it ! Turns out the person in charge of reservations, Henry I believe, has decided to cancel my reservation without any contact to me and they had no more, apparently a manager there feels just saying sorry but I cant do anything about it is acceptable, it is not. I have bought so much from homebase in the past but that will of been my last, disgusted with the rubbish service. Get better staff, fullstop !"
"bought very expensive ceramic sink from homebase. Plumber came to put in and after doing a lot of work and nearly finished we discovered crack underneath which had been clearly and obviously taped over but had to use it as all other work had been done, This had clearly been taken back to the shop (romford Essex) as damaged and they sold it on to us when it should have been scrapped. Disgusting"
"Paid £5 for an item to be delivered in 5 days time....10 days on and still waiting...impossible to get through via phone and no response to emails..our last order with this retailer"
"Did a click and collect order at Leeds store (v scruffy) went to collect, told item out of stock, no one cared, little wonder the business is on the edge of survival. Never again, but who cares, Homebase certainly don’t."
"Staff at the Herne bay branch want to do something about their attitude problem to customers they ignore them and are rude to them I get the impression the staff just hate working there and the customers to them are just a pain to be tollerated"
"It’s 3.25pm 28.06.19 I have been waiting for 25min to come to the paint mixing station, called 3 times for assistance. I have been told that staff is on 0, called in sick and on lunch. No sales assistants on the shop floor, store is a mess, loads of hazards. Still testing ma patience."
"Ordered and paid for an item online. Tried to change the order for the same item, same price, different colour. Spoke to customer service assistant who informed me that I would have to cancel the order and a refund would be paid to my card, then re-order the item on the website. So far, so good. Maybe I'm spoilt shopping with online vendors who; A: acknowledge the refund with an email; B: can actually do something really simple like change an item code over the phone and simply change the order. Both of these things seem to be beyond Homebase. I have emailed their online customer service address twice to ask for an acknowledgement of the refund.....so far no reply....no refund. Giving them the benefit of the doubt and will wait another couple of days before I make a complaint and contact my credit card company."
"Recently went into our local Homebase to purchase a garden storage box. (Keter Capri @ £59.00) The box which we selected was piled up outside and was wrapped in plastic. Every single package was dirty, wet and the packaging was either open or ripped. We chose a package and lifted it from the pile, we got covered in water which was running out of the packaging. We stood the package on its end to drain alot of the water out. I asked a member of staff if they had any packages stored inside, to which they answered no. Upon getting the item home, we opened the package to find the contents were wet, the instructions were sodden, with the staples rusty. And to add to this, a piece of the box was broken. Returned the box back to our local store and had a full refund. Imagine my shock when i visited a local bargain store and found the same box, stored inside and in a large cardboard box, and £19 cheaper. I have shopped at Homebase for many years but have found that recently the standards do seem to be slipping."
"Great customer service from the Daventry store. Thank you to Holly, Coral and Amanda."
"Should be ZERO stars Should be ZERO stars. Ordered my kitchen worktops and upstands online for delivery 17th may. Order arrived 1 upstand short. No probs they will send out another (CANCELLED my kitchen fitters). and I Re arranged for them to return as delivery was now 6th june. Got message to say delivery would be between 1-530pm. As I work nights I got up at 12 to make sure I didn't miss them . At 3.45pm I get message by TEXT to say they had item loaded on van but were not delivering as run out of time!!!!!. Another wasted day and I had to cancel my fitters AGAIN. Re arrange delivery on the app link they sent me for 19th June now after speaking with homebase (on hold 25 mins). NOT HAPPY I have emailed the MD of homebase MD of DHL who is going to compensate me for my time wasted fitters time and the general aggro?? USE AT YOUR PERIL because I wont anymore!!. This just should not happen in this day and age DISGUSTING!"
"Should be ZERO stars Should be ZERO stars. Ordered my kitchen worktops and upstands online for delivery 17th may. Order arrived 1 upstand short. No probs they will send out another (CANCELLED my kitchen fitters). and I Re arranged for them to return as delivery was now 6th june. Got message to say delivery would be between 1-530pm. As I work nights I got up at 12 to make sure I didn't miss them . At 3.45pm I get message by TEXT to say they had item loaded on van but were not delivering as run out of time!!!!!. Another wasted day and I had to cancel my fitters AGAIN. Re arrange delivery on the app link they sent me for 19th June now after speaking with homebase (on hold 25 mins). NOT HAPPY I have emailed the MD of homebase and the MD of DHL. Just who is going to compensate me for my time wasted fitters time and the general aggro?? USE AT YOUR PERIL because I wont anymore!!. This just should not happen in this day and age DISGUSTING!"
"Visited seven oaks way Orpington store today and was helped by a very Helpful guy by the name of Paul. Generally the staff at this store are always willing to help and if they can't, they find someone who can."
"Ordered my kitchen 7 months ago, just received 1/3/zodiac the kitchen, said they lost items and had to be re-ordered. Got so cheesed off I have cancelled and asked for my money back"
Homebase is rated 2.42 based on 447 reviews