Homebase Reviews

34% of reviewers recommend Homebase

How would you rate Homebase ?

"Great stuff."
"No dedicated telephone enquiry responder!very difficult to get through on the telephone, internet stock listing doesn't correspond with branch stock levels"
Jayne Caldwell
Unverified Reviewer
"After much discussion we decided to totally refurbish our kitchen. Aftersome months of research I started the daunting process of appointing a company to supply our kitchen cabinets & white goods. This began in earnest & turned into a very complicated & very frustrating process. I was stunned by how unhelpful some companies could be, also so very expensive for ( what seemed to be the same products). This is until I met with the gem of a person called Jodie! Jodie went above & beyond what is deemed as ‘customer service’. She came to my home, really listened to my wishes, came up with great ideas & sorted out any minor problems I had along the way. What a fantastic member of staff Jodie really is, I hope the new owners ‘Bunnings.?’ Know what an asset Jodie is to the company & look after her future. Management material. Thank you so much Jodie, we love our kitchen."
Susan Glen
"Very helpful in the store, very cheap delivery dead on time"
Andrew
"Good value in garden furniture, great quality gazebo purchased"
"Excellent range of goods at very reasonable prices, very friendly and helpful assistants."
"I regularly use the tiverton store and have recently booked 3 items for collection only to be told when I arrive that the item is not in stock even though on one occasion the website showed 6 in stock!"
Vivion Padden
"cramed shelves and isles,"
"I made a big mistake buying a kitchen cupboard from Homebase. The design I was given looked fine on paper, but, when I received the materials, I was shocked from the poor quality I received. Around 25% of the cupboard was not installed due to faulty design, and all the joiners that I hired fo install it, were not impressed with it. Don’t make that big mistake like the one I did. Stay away from Homebase and don’t waste your money. I waisted over 1000 pounds on that shabby cupboard and I have learned my lesson the hard way. When I asked for a refund from the Homebase branch in Gateshead, I was refused to have a refund, and they were not professional or helpful at all. DON’T WASTE YOUR MONEY WITH HOMEBASE!"
DAVID McGrath
Unverified Reviewer
"We visited the Newcastle under Lyme branch to purchase a Barbeque. The member of staff there was very polite and assisted us basicly they did not have the Barbeque we wished to see and purchase but checks revealed the Macclesfield store some 25 miles away did. The member of staff told them we were on our way as they stated they had 3 of the model one being on display. On arrival there was not one on display and nobody seemed to know anything about it or even appeared bothered. The store was a Health and Safety nightmare with boxes,trolleys everywhere. We did purchase at a cost of £250 but you would think they were doing you a favour very poor."
"Excellent service at Telford Retail Park store this morning from Michelle on the Information Desk and a Mel who was busy but still found time to help. Their assistance is much appreciated"
Peter Scanlon
Unverified Reviewer
"Poor delivery service. Poor customer service. Will never use in the future."
"Sick of reserving goods and being told you can collect your order in 3 hours then 2 hours later another message saying it's out of stock grrrrr 3rd time it's happened now sort it out homebase"
"Two days before. I bought something in Homebase London Haringey stores. It is a very terrible shopping experience.I bought a home appliance in this shop——10L Evaporative Cooler.Before I purchased it, their staff told me. I can return in 28 days without any conditions. Because the product contains a warranty, you can get it in the shop for maintenance.So I bought it. Take home and follow the instructions to try it out. Need to add water to verify it is cooling. However, after using it, it felt noisy and it did not feel very cool. So I got the store and asked for a refund.The first time I got the answer was because I used it and I can't refund it. Only one can be replaced. I didn't theory with her again. I asked for their experience. The second time I received the reply, because I have used it, I cannot refund or replace it. I once again theory with them. I purchased this product for only two hours. If I don't use it, how can I prove it works? If I don't add water, how can I know it can cool?In the end, they had no choice but to let me refund. And tell me, don't go shopping here next time. Very bad service, I will not buy anything here again.Why are there so many bad reviews. It's your reason, it's the customer's reason. Do you have to review yourself?"
"SIONED AT HOMEBASE BRIDGEND. EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE REALLY KNOWLEDGEABLE AND HELPFUL."
"had a till mix up on a 3for2 offer, the young woman at the counter understood the problem quickly and organised my refund."
Denise Matthews
"one person on one till, long queue in the middle of the day"
"Went to Homebase for some items for my carpenter who was fitting my bathroom floor. The store is in the process of changing over to new owners and is now more like a warehouse. I had to ask for advice and a very helpful lady took me to find all the things I required. Happy with my purchases."
"On the 14/4/18 I went into the Stamford store to buy a lawn strimmer as I was looking Daniel a sales person came and ask if he could help me he was so helpful and pleasent, I found the strimmer I wanted only to find it was out of stock Daniel checked when more was coming in but found there were none on order so Daniel checked on the nearest price all I can say is very well done for the service in homebase."
"I have been assisted by Vikki and John (BFG) several times in the Stamford store and they couldn't have been nicer or more helpful. They have loaded heavy things onto my trolley for me and taken it out to my van, unloaded it and made it safe for my journey home. Such nice friendly and helpful members of staff. A credit to Homebase."
Homebase is rated 2.44 based on 373 reviews