Homebase Reviews

31% of reviewers recommend Homebase

How would you rate Homebase?

We need a working email address to verify that your review is genuine.

338 reviews
Review and raise up to £2.00
Colin

You've raised
£1.26 for charity!

Read & write reviews about Homebase in our app We'll donate to charity for every review written
"PRICES GO UP AT CARDIFF CULVERHOUSE… PRICES GO UP AT CARDIFF CULVERHOUSE STORE Homebase Cardiff advertising "Stock Clearance. Store Closing" but they've PUT PRICES UP! Up until Last Week for example, Loft Boards were £7 per pack - today (Clearance) they are £8 per pack. Last week we looked at many items with a view to buying this week in their Clearance Event. Today we realized that many of their prices had in fact been increased. This Store Manager has an interesting concept towards her regular customers! Is this part of the new owner's (Bunnings) concept?"
Johm Faherty
"They did not make me as there were too many empty shelves in the store"
Douglas Herron
Unverified Reviewer
"Purchased a toilet and floor tiles today, floor tiles were reduced 😁 and very helpful staff from checkout to floor assistant , I was helped carrying my purchases to the car too. Absolutely brilliant, thank you very much. That’s why I go to Homebase."
"Staff are happy and upbeat and nothing is a problem and a pleasure to visit. I have just one comment relating to changes to my local and that is, I cannot purchase online and collect locally. Whereas previously I could click and collect, I would now have to pay for a delivery to my home, which is less convenient and additional costs. Having said that, if you have time to visit the local, there are good deals available."
"When I have to wait for the two members of staff to finish their conversation before serving me (i.e. spending money with Homebase) but actually they continued to conduct their conversation whilst I made the transaction then I left the store wondering why I should ever need to visit Homebase again when clearly, I was seen as an inconvenience"
"When this store was taken over by Bunnings initially the prices were competitive but now only the loss leaders are anywhere near the other diy chains. They have gone back to the original high prices that were charged when owned by Sainsbury's."
Tim Walmsley
"Very straightforward, lots of variety of stock, helpful and friendly staff, good prices"
"Nutgrove branch of home base Dublin 1Went there to buy a rug and found one but had no barcode on it and staff did not know how to find a price without it so had to wait for 30 mins to have 4 staff members trying to find barcode ? 2There was no trolleys to transport any products that I wanted to buy 3 Also there was no prices or codes on half the products that I looked at"
"now a year and shower still not fixed, plus all the other problems.. Keith Kenilworth"
"This is not the first time I have checked online that something is in stock in South Ruislip, in this instance there were 8 of stock number 382832 ( I could not reserve it said go to store) and when I make a special journey to go there I find they find cant any. Although Customer Service were apologetic and tried Harrow Weald store ( their stock control also showed they had some) they also could not find them! What a waste of everyones time. Your stock management needs an overhaul so it is working correctly as its most annoying."
"We needed kitchen worktops and various other bits to re vamp our kitchen and bathroom . Saw Homebase Lincoln was having a clearance and made the 60 mile round trip to see what they had on offer . Spotted some oak worktops and got Luke, a customer assistant, to help pick 4 matching ones. Then a bathroom Tallboy but didn't have one in white but Martyn arranged to have one sent from another store and added to our delivery.......When we got home found we were short on the worktops phoned them up and asked if another top could be put on the order and asked if Luke could find another that matched the rest.. no problem.....The problem came to pay for the extra top ...no phone payments taken and we couldn't get in to Lincoln before delivery on the Friday.....spoke to David (I think) over the phone and explained our predickament ....The problem was solved and everything arrived on the Friday .....Every one who we had contact with at the Lincoln store was polite and more than helpful. great bunch of Guy's."
"I bought a plastic maxi bin shed and some parts were missing which was very annoying as I'd started to build it over 5 miles from the store so I went back in to the morecambe branch and spoke to Steve Taylor who sorted it straight away and was so nice and helpful doing so I couldn't complain as the service I got was second to none I was very happy thank Steve for doing such a good job"
"Chepstow branch, I went to get some hacksaw blades from your store. After looking through the poorly organised shelves which were an absolute mess. I couldn't find any. Asking two members of staff who showed no interest and treated me as if I was an annoyance by asking!! Went to customer service two members of staff who carried on talking to themselves in a private conversation while I was standing there waiting. Sent on another chase in the store and no luck. Poor service and wholly ignorant staff. Went to screwfix afterwards and will again from now on to get service and stock."
"At the Gloucester branch the staff are always polite, friendly, approachable and professional. They are always willing to assist and will go out of their way to ensure that you have everything you require for a project. The store is well stocked and clean. Items are usually fairly priced in comparison with other stores."
"Travelled 17 miles to Inverurie branch to enquire about getting ne kitchen , what a mistake that was after trying to find someone who knew anything I was finally joined by a lady who seemed Incapable of answering the simplest of question about kitchen design , the place was also a disaster area just a mess , If they are not concerned about the look of thier store then I could Imagine what a kitchen from homebase would look like , will take my business elsewhere , don't waste your time going to homebase ..."
"Homebase is a weird shop. Some of their stuff - like bags of screws - is outrageously expensive but other stuff is fairly good value for money. In general, there is a bit of chaos, prices missing, items out of stock. Feels a bit like the place doesn't really know what it's doing."
"We have purchased a real Christmas tree from Homebase for the past several years because they have been good quality. This year our £42 tree has not even lasted a week before having shed half of its needles. Normally we can get a good look at the tree before buying but this year most of them were already bagged so very difficult to judge quality and freshness. Very disappointed and extremely fed up with the constant hoovering of needles and unable to put our presents under the tree. Will look else where next year."
"Just purchased Snowy Larch 6 ft artificial tree,very pleased with it.But it has a very strong smell.Thinks it's the snow effect.Hope this does not last too long."
"I purchased a dimplex fire and found the product cheaper elsewhere. returned to the store in Orpington and they priced matched it and were very helpful with no quibbles Thank you Laura for your assistance and helpfullness"
David &Lynn Smith
Unverified Reviewer
"Purchased new kitchen from Washington homebase everything arrived on time Fitted it ourselves even with basic diy no problems fitting Needed some advice from linder regarding hinges but easily sorted out If you need any help or advice about new kitchens this is the best place to go"
Homebase is rated 2.30 based on 338 reviews