Homebase Reviews

Homebase have a Customer Happiness Grade of C. Customers love their prices but are unhappy with their refunds. Full Insights

35% of reviewers recommend Homebase
Live Chat, Email

How would you rate Homebase ?

"At home base Omagh today. Trevor was exceptional. And helped me buy carrying two items to my car ."
"Mr Patel at Oldbury Homebase went above and beyond to make sure we got the tiles we wanted. We were very pleased with the service we received."
"went homebase today , i had a question about lighting for my kitchen, i spoke to Ken at Homebase at the wolstanton retail park Newcastle staffs. Ken gave me some great ideas and told me how LED lights are brighter and will save me money. thanks to Ken my kitchen is lovely and bright and will only cost me 20 % of the cost of my old lights,"
"The young lady was so very helpful and she has a wonderful sense of humour. The store had plentiful of paints that I needed, and with such good service at the tills what more could one ask. I would just return with no hesitation!"
"Excellent customer service by. Sarah (Wolverhampton branch ) Very knowledgeable on strimmer products"
"fantastic customers service at Homebase Winchester. i like to shop in this store."
"reserved a £60.00 air cooler on line had a message 2 hours later to say it was ready for collection at there Stroud branch. went straight away to collect gave my reservation number assistant wheeled machine out of a cupboard i said i thought it would of been in a box she replied it was a display model i said i wanted one in a box to which she said they had none a supervisor came over & said it had not been used just been on a shelf for 2 weeks i said it was not new but ex display she offered me 10% off i agreed to this but was not entirely happy with the whole episode . on arriving home 9 miles away to discover after reading set up instructions that it should of had a handset i rang the store straight away to be told to return next day & they would look for handset . i did return next day with the machine & said i no longer wanted the display model & wanted money back or a new one in box. while waiting for the manager someone found the handset the manager appeared & said now i had the handset that was it . i said i wanted a new one or refund he said the display model was new despite being quite dusty he said it had been on the shelf for only 2 days ? he eventually got a new one in a box then said he required me to pay the £6 discount back to which i was quite disgusted to his attitude i did not like the way he spoke to me & quickly told him i was willing to continue having a discussion with him as to the whole shoddy way this was being handled to which he snarled you have got what you wanted now just take it & go. ????????????"
"Great stuff."
"A member of Staff was extremely helpful even went and found what i needed so i didnt have togo upstairs as i am asmatic"
"No dedicated telephone enquiry responder!very difficult to get through on the telephone, internet stock listing doesn't correspond with branch stock levels"
"After much discussion we decided to totally refurbish our kitchen. Aftersome months of research I started the daunting process of appointing a company to supply our kitchen cabinets & white goods. This began in earnest & turned into a very complicated & very frustrating process. I was stunned by how unhelpful some companies could be, also so very expensive for ( what seemed to be the same products). This is until I met with the gem of a person called Jodie! Jodie went above & beyond what is deemed as ‘customer service’. She came to my home, really listened to my wishes, came up with great ideas & sorted out any minor problems I had along the way. What a fantastic member of staff Jodie really is, I hope the new owners ‘Bunnings.?’ Know what an asset Jodie is to the company & look after her future. Management material. Thank you so much Jodie, we love our kitchen."
"Very helpful in the store, very cheap delivery dead on time"
"Good value in garden furniture, great quality gazebo purchased"
"Excellent range of goods at very reasonable prices, very friendly and helpful assistants."
"I regularly use the tiverton store and have recently booked 3 items for collection only to be told when I arrive that the item is not in stock even though on one occasion the website showed 6 in stock!"
"cramed shelves and isles,"
"I made a big mistake buying a kitchen cupboard from Homebase. The design I was given looked fine on paper, but, when I received the materials, I was shocked from the poor quality I received. Around 25% of the cupboard was not installed due to faulty design, and all the joiners that I hired fo install it, were not impressed with it. Don’t make that big mistake like the one I did. Stay away from Homebase and don’t waste your money. I waisted over 1000 pounds on that shabby cupboard and I have learned my lesson the hard way. When I asked for a refund from the Homebase branch in Gateshead, I was refused to have a refund, and they were not professional or helpful at all. DON’T WASTE YOUR MONEY WITH HOMEBASE!"
"We visited the Newcastle under Lyme branch to purchase a Barbeque. The member of staff there was very polite and assisted us basicly they did not have the Barbeque we wished to see and purchase but checks revealed the Macclesfield store some 25 miles away did. The member of staff told them we were on our way as they stated they had 3 of the model one being on display. On arrival there was not one on display and nobody seemed to know anything about it or even appeared bothered. The store was a Health and Safety nightmare with boxes,trolleys everywhere. We did purchase at a cost of £250 but you would think they were doing you a favour very poor."
"Excellent service at Telford Retail Park store this morning from Michelle on the Information Desk and a Mel who was busy but still found time to help. Their assistance is much appreciated"
"Poor delivery service. Poor customer service. Will never use in the future."
Homebase is rated 2.49 based on 381 reviews