Homebase Reviews

34% of reviewers recommend Homebase

How would you rate Homebase?

356 reviews
Review and raise up to £2.00
anonymous

You've raised
£1.26 for charity!

Read & write reviews about Homebase in our app We'll donate to charity for every review written
"Went to Homebase for some items for my carpenter who was fitting my bathroom floor. The store is in the process of changing over to new owners and is now more like a warehouse. I had to ask for advice and a very helpful lady took me to find all the things I required. Happy with my purchases."
"On the 14/4/18 I went into the Stamford store to buy a lawn strimmer as I was looking Daniel a sales person came and ask if he could help me he was so helpful and pleasent, I found the strimmer I wanted only to find it was out of stock Daniel checked when more was coming in but found there were none on order so Daniel checked on the nearest price all I can say is very well done for the service in homebase."
"I have been assisted by Vikki and John (BFG) several times in the Stamford store and they couldn't have been nicer or more helpful. They have loaded heavy things onto my trolley for me and taken it out to my van, unloaded it and made it safe for my journey home. Such nice friendly and helpful members of staff. A credit to Homebase."
MR BEGG
"Price was good"
"Staff gave me clear directions to find the items I was looking for. Got to till and then lady was very patient and helpful, finding me a box and helping me to wrap and pack my items. She passed me over to customer service to help locate stock in another store and again the lady was patient and commited to helping me. Great customer service all round store"
Sandra And Paul
Unverified Reviewer
"We have just ordered a new kitchen from Homebase which began with an appointment being made to design and plan our personalised kitchen. We went in with trepidation, feeling that we may have a smooth talking salesman trying to press gang us into the most expensive kitchen with every possible extra. This could not have been further from the truth, the 2 hours we spent with Hector. who planned our kitchen to the very last detail, were enjoyable and very well spent. Homebase have a very valuable asset in Hector, his knowledge, quiet professional manner made the whole experience a rewarding and pleasurable experience. Arranging delivery has also been smooth with everyone extremely helpful. Thank you"
"Made for you kitchens are of poor quality, every single end panel needs cutting to size both width and height, paint scratches easily, wine rack design awful. They should not be called "Made for you" rather this range should be called "Cut and fit yourself""
"I needed assistance with a few prices, the assistant couldn't have been more helpful and then offered to push the heavy trolley for me to the checkout and to my car. He was such a nice person, the checkout lady told me his name was Kane and he had just started working at the Atrincham branch. Homebase need to recognise the potential in such young people and hopefully support them in their career."
John , Coolock , Dublin
"Very helpful and pleasant staff . Prompt . Very good range of indoor plants and accessories for same .Very good range of products for care of birds and wildlife ."
"Excellent and helpful customer service with calls answered very promptly. Product was delivered within a couple of days, and very competitively priced, so would not hesitate to purchase online again from Homebase."
"On a recent visit to the local store the staff could not have been more helpful both in finding the requested items and assisting me to load the items into my car. Both members of staff i had dealings with were friendly and professional and a credit to the company."
Maureen Doherty
Unverified Reviewer
"I have recently had a new fitted kitchen installed. A big thank you to Joe Barber , at Homebase Derry for all his help and advice. Nothing was too much trouble for him. His help and efforts are much appreciated. Thank you Joe. Maureen Doherty"
"Beware shopping at Homebase,all the prices are going back up and not just by a few pennies.I have noted various items a pound or two dearer than they were.I guess the new owners,Bunnings, faced with a £97M loss in the last six months are trying to recoup from the few Homebase customers that still shop there. Whenever I go in,there are never any tills open,just the returns desk,a very poor shopping experience."
"Justin made my visit to my local Homebase a great experience. I needed 2 quantities of paint mixed & Justin was so helpful when I inquired about window sills he suggested somewhere that could help as Homebase didn't stock what I wanted, excellent service thank you Justin. From Wendy Downes, Leigh"
"the service was second to none, they were the only shop to sale what I was after out of the 3 big names within walking distance of each other,and it had 30% off,.... well done Homebase"
"I was looking to buy loft panels, however I was having difficulty in locating them, however I had the good fortune to run/bump into a sales lady name of April, who not only showed me where the items where, but went away and got the appropriate trolley, helped me load the 7 loft panels, escorted me to the pay desk, then helped me load the panels in my car. A very helpful friendly lady, who gave me excellent customer service. Eastbourne Homebase"
DAVID HOBSON
"well laid out store and staff helpfull"
Jurijs Sramkovs
"They have quality paint brushes and paints for the smart price. Also the very big choice of tools in the shop."
"PRICES GO UP AT CARDIFF CULVERHOUSE… PRICES GO UP AT CARDIFF CULVERHOUSE STORE Homebase Cardiff advertising "Stock Clearance. Store Closing" but they've PUT PRICES UP! Up until Last Week for example, Loft Boards were £7 per pack - today (Clearance) they are £8 per pack. Last week we looked at many items with a view to buying this week in their Clearance Event. Today we realized that many of their prices had in fact been increased. This Store Manager has an interesting concept towards her regular customers! Is this part of the new owner's (Bunnings) concept?"
Johm Faherty
"They did not make me as there were too many empty shelves in the store"
Homebase is rated 2.41 based on 356 reviews