Homebase Reviews

Homebase have a Customer Happiness Grade of C. Customers love their prices but are unhappy with their refunds. Full Insights

35% of reviewers recommend Homebase

Categories:
Business & Office
Home And Garden

Live Chat, Email, Telephone

How would you rate Homebase ?

"Too expensive. Better to further to B and Q. Asked for feedback on the till receipt under .../feedback but only get a query page. No wonder you make a loss Homebase. Last visit from me."
"The prices are 3x times bigger than another shops !! For example on fence paint : Wilko 3£ , Homebase 9£.Wilko 10p , homebase 2£.This shop is playing with people money!!!"
"Has always been the place where i can buy what i need and buy what i had not known i needed...great choices in different departments staff have always been so helpful....until today...I went to the cashier with a full trolley plus a wallpaper that was expensive but had been reduced, was told i could not buy it, was told this by a male not having the courtesy of looking nor acknowledging me, no smile, when i asked to see the manager he said he was not in, i then saw the manager who i recognised as the really helpful man who had helped me a few months ago when i believed my purse had been stolen but learnt it had been handed in...When the cashier realisedi recognised the manager his wholedemeanor changed, he had put the wallpaper away but took it out when he saw i was going to askthe manager for an explanation...A great result for me as the paper was sold to me at a reduced rate yet still the rude cashier checked my items in with never a please nor thank you....such a lack of manners and blatant ignorance shows he has not been introduced to coping with customers who go to shops to spend money, they are not doing us a favour, if he does not like the job nor customers then go somewhere where rudeness is accepted....very disappointed, not like usual kind helpful and friendly staff...oh well, will so miss homebase"
"I am absolutely appalled with the service I have received from Homebase. I ordered a shed on the advertised promise of a 7 days delivery window. On the 7th day, I contacted homebase who then told me it was 4 weeks until my shed would be available for delivery. 6 weeks later and my shed has been delivered to the road side and I now have the issue of moving it. I contacted homebase today and spoke with an advisor who was so rude and dismissive. She did not listen to me, spoke over me and told me that the delivery window on the website is correct and it does say on the product page that delivery is to roadside. I have checked and this if false. Homebase are a company that do not value their customers and advertise falsely!"
"Glenrothes store shelves are filthy with dust and grime. A health hazard reported to an employee who shrugged and said they don't have time to clean. The store was practically empty."
"Had paint mixed which turned out to be too pale. Took it back and Millissa painstakingly mixed twice more, going back to our original mixing six weeks ago to find the right mix. This was Walton-onThames branch."
"visited Homebase New Oscott. No one around to ask questions or queries. very disappointed by lack of customer service. Employees spend a lot of gossiping and standing in groups ignoring customers. After I completed my shopping the customer assistant on checkouts was so miserable. no eye contact , no contact what’s so ever just grunted all the time. Will not be shopping at this Homebase again"
"Went to buy some kitchen worktops today. After these tops having a price tag of £50 and these have been same price for many weeks they changed price to £75. Even thou only yesterday was at 50 pounds still. Yet today was told no they have always been £75. Even though a customer had bought some work tops on sat for £50 each. Went back in sunday. To buy one more also to find price had gone up. I'm very disappointed and angry. I'll never step in home base again and I'll be mentioning this all over social media. So home base terrible."
"We visited Selly Oak Homebase and received excellent service from Manir who mixed paints for us and then helped us get several other things we needed because he knew exactly where to go. All this was done in a cheerful and friendly fashion and saved us a huge amount of time. We certainly left with a very positive image of the store."
"At home base Omagh today. Trevor was exceptional. And helped me buy carrying two items to my car ."
"Mr Patel at Oldbury Homebase went above and beyond to make sure we got the tiles we wanted. We were very pleased with the service we received."
"went homebase today , i had a question about lighting for my kitchen, i spoke to Ken at Homebase at the wolstanton retail park Newcastle staffs. Ken gave me some great ideas and told me how LED lights are brighter and will save me money. thanks to Ken my kitchen is lovely and bright and will only cost me 20 % of the cost of my old lights,"
"The young lady was so very helpful and she has a wonderful sense of humour. The store had plentiful of paints that I needed, and with such good service at the tills what more could one ask. I would just return with no hesitation!"
"Excellent customer service by. Sarah (Wolverhampton branch ) Very knowledgeable on strimmer products"
"fantastic customers service at Homebase Winchester. i like to shop in this store."
"reserved a £60.00 air cooler on line had a message 2 hours later to say it was ready for collection at there Stroud branch. went straight away to collect gave my reservation number assistant wheeled machine out of a cupboard i said i thought it would of been in a box she replied it was a display model i said i wanted one in a box to which she said they had none a supervisor came over & said it had not been used just been on a shelf for 2 weeks i said it was not new but ex display she offered me 10% off i agreed to this but was not entirely happy with the whole episode . on arriving home 9 miles away to discover after reading set up instructions that it should of had a handset i rang the store straight away to be told to return next day & they would look for handset . i did return next day with the machine & said i no longer wanted the display model & wanted money back or a new one in box. while waiting for the manager someone found the handset the manager appeared & said now i had the handset that was it . i said i wanted a new one or refund he said the display model was new despite being quite dusty he said it had been on the shelf for only 2 days ? he eventually got a new one in a box then said he required me to pay the £6 discount back to which i was quite disgusted to his attitude i did not like the way he spoke to me & quickly told him i was willing to continue having a discussion with him as to the whole shoddy way this was being handled to which he snarled you have got what you wanted now just take it & go. ????????????"
"Great stuff."
"A member of Staff was extremely helpful even went and found what i needed so i didnt have togo upstairs as i am asmatic"
"No dedicated telephone enquiry responder!very difficult to get through on the telephone, internet stock listing doesn't correspond with branch stock levels"
"After much discussion we decided to totally refurbish our kitchen. Aftersome months of research I started the daunting process of appointing a company to supply our kitchen cabinets & white goods. This began in earnest & turned into a very complicated & very frustrating process. I was stunned by how unhelpful some companies could be, also so very expensive for ( what seemed to be the same products). This is until I met with the gem of a person called Jodie! Jodie went above & beyond what is deemed as ‘customer service’. She came to my home, really listened to my wishes, came up with great ideas & sorted out any minor problems I had along the way. What a fantastic member of staff Jodie really is, I hope the new owners ‘Bunnings.?’ Know what an asset Jodie is to the company & look after her future. Management material. Thank you so much Jodie, we love our kitchen."
Homebase is rated 2.48 based on 390 reviews