Holland & Barrett Reviews

Holland & Barrett have a Customer Happiness Grade of E. Customers are happy with their prices and customer service but are unhappy with their delivery and refunds. Full Insights

8% of reviewers recommend Holland & Barrett

Health & Beauty
Vitamins & Supplements
Health & Beauty
Vitamins & Supplements

How would you rate Holland & Barrett ?

"No one seems to know anything in there I’ve ended up telling them! Staff should be trained on these things! Didn’t do much money and most of it had been a waste of time!"
"A few weeks ago, I bought some pistachios from the pick and mix section in the Guildford store. I started eating them later the same day and noticed something moving in the bag from the corner of my eye. There were a number of small insects in the bag so I put everything in a glass jar, called the shop and returned with the jar the next day. I'd also called the local Council environmental department and took the jar to them after visiting the shop for a refund. When I got to the shop, there was only one employee who didn't seem very bothered at all, saying that she was moving to another branch anyway. She just shrugged her shoulders and said they were fruit flies and it had happened before and gave me a refund but no apology or sign of concern. The Council officer on the other hand was very helpful, went straight to inspect the store and sent Holland & Barrett the sample for their entomologist to investigate. To be fair H&B had cleared and cleaned the area when the inspector went to see them (day after I bought the goods and called the shop). Today, the inspector called me back and reported the beetles were merchant grain beetles and no other complaint had been received from H& B customers. I had given my details to the inspector and consented for H&B to get in contact directly but to date, I have heard nothing not even an apology. Needless to say, I will not use the pick and mix again and would urge everyone to be careful when buying in that way. H&B do have good products and the shop looks nice but I am very disappointed with their customer service and I have a feeling that their employees are not always treated very well by the company."
"Bought items online. After a week and a half of them not arriving at a selected store to collect, phoned them and they told me it would be with me the next day. The parcel did not arrive the next day, but instead arrived at a different address a day later than agreed and was left by the courier on top of a wheelie bin, which I can only imagine had fallen into a dustbin, absolutely disgusting and shocking service."
"Each time I go into Holland & Barrett in Chichester there is a "reason" why customers can't be served! Last week it was that he was "late doing the till" so I'd "need to wait 10 mins" - he then filled shelves instead of doing the till!! Today it was "we can't take payments" so customers were being turned away as he had "no internet"- yet all the shops in the street were doing a roaring trade so there was no loss of service in any other shops. I can't hang around to discover the " excuse" to turn customers away next week. They've lost my custom. How does this store justify itself? There is never even an apology when they turn customers away!!! Awful way to treat customers"
"DO NOT ORDER FROM THEM ONLINE. I waited 20 days, for two small products paid for delivery and it was delivered to the wrong place. They said they could not do anything about it so I had to ring An Post and find my delivery. They are so unhelpful it is unbelievable."
"Went there today to return a product and the staff was so horrible, very unhelpful. For a buy one get one half price, I was refused the full price refund on the product I paid the full price for - despite the half price being applied on a DIFFERENT product. Tried to talk to the staff member about it and he started asking if I can do maths, speaking very degrading to me. Staff are supposed to be kind and helpful, not abusing customers. Will never shop here again, or let my family, as well as never recommending the store to anyone. So disappointed."
"I am convinced that most if not all products in Holland & Barrett is fake. For years I have used supplements and felt their effect. For this past 2 - 3 years I have been buying variations B-Complex for energy, from strong to Mega strength. I have never felt any different in all this time and all these products are totally useless. I think Holland & Barrett ought to be investigated for selling placebos."
"Your staff raisit ,aggressive and extremely rude after spending a lot of money at your products each month I will never ever go back again. I complained to your coustmers servive again and waiting for respond."
"I recently purchased there 5% CBD+ oil which I can honestly say in my opinion, it is totally useless and over priced at£29.99 just another scam"
"Looked in line to see the closing times for my local branch said 6 so closed my business early and went down only to find a handwritten letter saying 5;30. Call customer service the next day at 9 in the morning to ask why and if this was just for the day and come 3 in the afternoon no one had gotten back to me. I am giving no stars wish I could give -5 stars"
"Staff Evelyn Especially rude and with a bad attitude."
"Hello there my names Tara Lyne I’ve bin to your shop that’s inside of Tesco’s at Millbrook at Bolton and I met with your member of staff STACIE there,I want to say want a very polite nice and thought ful and helpful and knowledgable person she is,and Stacie helped me a lot with items I needed and wanted to find,and not once did Stacie make me feel rushed in anyway and helped me no end until I got want needed.I definitely think that Stacie if not one already would make a good supervisor or manager of your store,I will be going again I enjoyed my shop Thankyou Tara Lyne x I’ve bin using H/B for 20 years now great shop x"
"Bought a lot of items on line , most were good but a few of the items weren't suitable so needed to return them . On the returns information on the delivery note it states that items can be returned to ANY store , NOT true , the Brecon store said they don't accept items bought on line, have emailed customer service a few times , still hasn't been sorted , the items that need to be returned are non food. To say I'm annoyed is an under statement."
"To whom it may concern. I have done a purchase at Holland and Barrett 52 Oxford street branch on the 9th of November 2017 and I have made a refund claim on the 11th of November 2017. My bank account was deducted on the 14th of November and until now I didn't receive my refund. I have made numerous phone calls and sent so many emails to the customer service with no reply until finally someone at the customer service said we cant do you anything!not our problem what a joke. Then I have gratefully contacted Maria the supervisor at 52 Oxford street branch and she was extremely helpful and sweet to help with my inquiry. Afterwards I was informed that Maria cant help also because the receipt I have is only the purchase and not the refund receipt. Well I would like to address that you need to go back on that day (9th and 11th of November) and see who did for me this purchase because it's not my fault that he didn't give me the correct receipt sorry it's his job and he should have done it right. IT IS HIS mistake not well trained and unprofessionally he didn’t give me the correct receipt so I would be able to get my money back thought it shouldn’t be deducted in the first place because I have returned the products. It's all about one concept why doesn't the supervisor of the branch mentioned checks by the date of purchase the name of the employee to be able to know who did for me the refund because the main purpose of his job is to provide the correct service to the clients, and hers to correct the mistakes of her colleagues not to just throw the case away and not putting any effort to resolve it. Ofcourse the branch did an inventory of the shop before the end of December 2017 which will absolutely show that the products I was charged for remains at the shop. This guy took from me the tax refund envelope and took off the receipt told me this is your refund receipt and he also took my credit card to refund the amount on. It’s absolutely his mistake not mine, I would be grateful to investigate who handled my transaction because I did refund the products and it’s unethical such a well know company charges me for something because one of the employees is not well trained and cost me something i didn’t even benefit from. I really hope this time my email reaches to someone who can do something, and not to be neglected as the ones before. I understand it is not a big amount but I'm looking at the concept itself, I already paid alot of money on the international calls."
"Part of my order didn't arrive. Clearly it wasn't in stock when I ordered despite being available on the website. Two weeks later, I still hadn't received the rest of my order or any other reply to my email query other than an automated response. It was easy enough however, for them to send emails requesting reviews of the company and products ordered! This is the second time I have been let down by them so unfortunately I will have to go elsewhere in future."
"Do not buy pitted dates from Holland and Barrett, they contain long hairs that look human. Bought 4 packs and 3 contained hair. Emailed customer services twice and then called them as they didn't reply. Spoke to Dave who really couldn't care less. He told me to return them to a store for a refund. I did this and staff were appalled! They also stated that there have been many complaints about hair being found in their dried fruit. I have now sent a sample along with a complaint to the food standards agency. Disgusting - will never shop there again."
"I ordered and paid for 2 bottles of zinc & copper tablets and 2 bottles of Echinacea tablets online. The Echinacea tablets arrived fine in good time along with a note saying the Zinc tablets would arrive in 3 weeks time. Very poor service as I have already paid for the items and was not told they were out of stock."
"Ordered £84 worth of goods online from Holland & Barrett and have not received these items. Have tried phoning the helpline to chase the order but they do not answer and there is no response to my emails. I doubt there is much chance of a refund from them (even if manage to speak with someone!) so will have to raise this with PayPal. Never again will I use this company online."
"Package arrived with one tub split so liquid had leaked onto all the other products. Customer service team not at all interested in finding a resolution."
"I like some of their products, however the internet shopping is a joke. My last parcel came with almond butter spilled all over other items, the whole box was dripping with oil. I e-mailed to report the problem and asked for re-delivery. There was absolutely no answer whatsoever, pure ignorance. I have never encountered such appalling customer service ever. Shocking. Yet - their shops are not that bad. Just the internet transactions. Needless to say I am never going to do internet shopping with them EVER again."
Holland & Barrett is rated 1.40 based on 52 reviews