Holland & Barrett Reviews

Health & Beauty
Vitamins & Supplements
Health & Beauty
Vitamins & Supplements

How would you rate Holland & Barrett?

We need a working email address to verify that your review is genuine.

"VERY bad experience. Never received items purchased online. The help line didn't return any calls and hung up. The emails were never answered. Even my attempts to contact them through Facebook were ignored. However they still took my money. In my opinion, Avoid this business. Total online SCAM"
"I ordered shower gels from Holland and Barrett. The courier said the package was put through the letter box. My letter box is so narrow, only letters go in. I emailed H&B on Tuesday and today is Saturday and no response! Terrible service & no customer care at all!!!"
"For the order nr. 0604704371 was paid but any goods and any money back!!! Very very sad!"
Grumpyoldman1947
Verified Reviewer
"his Review is my own Private Opinion On the 14/12/17 bought at 22:15 Real Health Manuka Honey MGO 830 250g Goods had not arrived on the 19th/12/17 rang Holland & Barrett customer service told them had not received goods where were they, Much to my surprise told goods where not available any longer despite being able to buy them on their website and paying for them. Requested my money back told it would take up to 5 days to get back into my account. asked why they had not bothered to contact me as to cancellation of goods, all they could do was apologise " NOT GOOD ENOUGH" Have decided never to use HB website or give their shops any of my business also have informed friends and family HB don't seem to care about there customers."
"Went to the new branch at Newport Retail Park which is located within the Tesco store on a Sunday. Had to wait minutes while the two female assistants flirted and gossiped with a man even though they knew a customer as waiting . I asked for assistance in locating a product and received rude and unhelpful comments suggesting I should go away and find another store. I will never use H&B again"
"Bought CBD oil complete waste of money has no effect whatsoever going back to where I had lost ones from."
June, Sutton, London
Verified Reviewer
"While trying to decide which shampoo & conditioner I was deciding to buy at the Sutton branch on Thursday, the assistant came running up to me and toldme off about trying to smell the fragrance of the shampoos!! REALLY!!!!!! is that part of customer training H&B!!! Will go to an alternate shop as found this not only embarrassing in front of the other customers but utterly ridiculous!."
Kelly Grihault
Verified Reviewer
"Ordered product took a week to come no text or email to say it was at shop just walked in on off chance, then given wrong product the product given was on shelves so should have been zero p&p. Product looks like it came from pound shop poor quality, Won't be shopping here ever again"
"I have been using Holland and Barrett for many years. My last purchase was two tubs of amino acids, when I got home I realised one was creatine. Because of work and training I didn’t have a chance to take it back straight away so I went today after 2 weeks. I walked in to the Cribbs store bristol and was confronted by two polite young girls who asked me if I had my receipt. I replied no then the manager Sue ploughed in saying they can’t do anything! I said excuse me it sealed and all I need to do is swap with aminos please. She said to me in a horrid and humiliating way... company policy’s have changed this week read the back of the receipt. She handed it to me and said ‘read sir’ I did and read it out to her and it stayed goods can be exchanged with out a receipt as long as it’s not opened! She said read the bottom while I did and no where did it say other wise. She then said “it’s down to the managers discretion” omg! She then said there has been lots of scams 😳 put her hands up and said sorry that’s it not talking to you anymore! I am 50 years old running my own business and I don’t look poor or a scammer! I was in the shop with my wife doing Xmas shopping. I have never been so humiliated in a shop like this in my life! Livid wasn’t the word for it. Something needs to be done about this manager it’s awful. Luckily they took my postcode at the original time of receipt and found when I brought them... it was exchanged by the other polite girls and the manager walked off, no apology no nothing! Absulutly disgusting! Sue if you read this you should be ashamed of yourself and it’s a shame you represent and good company like Holland. I will never walk in that store again."
"Would have rated a 0 star but not an option awful company rude staff especially the sunderland store where I use to work."
Andrew Hammond
Verified Reviewer
"Once again Holland and Barrett promised to ring me within 24 hrs re my complaint re no goods, I paid £70 total, courier stated they left goods in porche, it's an open porche, no signature, Holland & Barratt still have not sorted this mess out, I am now having to pass over to my credit card company to sort out, will never use this company again"
Andrew Hammond
Unverified Reviewer
"Parcel left securely so the courier stated in my porche at 09.00am today so the email states, no sign of product £60 worth, rang re a refund was told they had to investigate and it takes 24 hrs. To all you Holland and Barrett customers out there save your money, go into the shop at least you will get the goods, I will never use this company again"
Denise Burns
Verified Reviewer
"Appalling customer service from Holland and Barrett. Rude and unhelpful service from Supervisor in Forestside Branch in Belfast. I explained that the odourless capsules that I had purchased were not odourless, to which she replied that was just my opinion and she would not be taking the product back. I completed a written complaint to customer services and received a promise of 1000 Rewards for Life points. One month on, and I still haven't received these points, or any correspondence from Store Manager/Area Manager to update me on outcome of the appalling treatment I was subjected to."
"Pathetic service from the customer service team as well as the delivery courier. Takes the customer service team forever to responded to people and they don't even solve your problem!! Absolutely useless! My parcel didn't even arrive at my door, once I told the customer service team they told me that it would be re-delivered to me. NO ONE re-delivered. I emailed for a refund because I was fed up of waiting (waited an extra WEEK for my parcel) and no one responded to me for 4 days after sending the email. I am totally finished with Holland and Barret and I would not advise any one to buy form them. The delivery team Hermes are liars, they sent me an email saying they delivered the parcel through my letter box, that is literally impossible because I had a big parcel. So i'll be off to Hermes webpage giving them a far worse review!"
David Bradbury
Verified Reviewer
"I bough 2 bottles of Cinnamon supplements, upon chemical analysis I found NO cinnamon so I tried the well known 'taste and aroma' nothing No aroma NO taste, what the hell is going on, are we in UK buying Fake supplements ? .last year I performed a chemical analysis upon B12 did I find the expected Cobalt NO and the analysis was with 100 B12 tablets a sufficient volume to give a cobalt 'yes / No ' indication, I found NO Cobalamine."
From Susan A Very Satisfied Customer
Unverified Reviewer
"staff Jane gave brill info to help my decision on purchasing hair products. Ensured I was happy. A big thank you to Jane at Barnsley store."
"I order online. The goods arrive fairly quickly but are often damaged. The problem starts there and then. I have to email them about four times to receive a reply which is always off putting with me being directed to 'their questions site' - absolutely shocking service!"
"Basically, I have been trying fro weeks to get my rewards for life card activated, without success! I have never had such a frustrating experience wit any other retailers and their lack of customer service skills is really shocking. The have lost a customer."
"I ordered my stuff and chose click and collect. I was planning on going to the shops and picking up a few different orders on the same day. On the day, I was notified that the parcel was on its way to the shop as I had planned, so far so good. I then went to the shopping centre and continued tracking it while I was there (yodel deliver it to the store and you can track the progress). For some reason, instead of delivering it, the delivery driver said "sorry we missed you, we've left you a calling card". As it was being delivered to the shop I was perplexed by this, and at first just brushed it off as some sort of technology error. I went into the shop and asked if my parcel was there, it wasn't. The lady at the till told me they hadn't had an order come in yet and she would call my mobile when they did. Now I was thinking that the driver just couldn't be bothered to deliver it... As I made a special trip out to collect my orders that day, I really didn't want to have to come back. So I went onto yodels website and started a live chat, they were very unhelpful and would not provide me any explanation or help, eventually after being told to come back and chat to them the next morning, I got the delivery rearranged to be sent to my house sometime in the coming week (still remains to be seen if this will actually happen). I also sent a thorough email to Holland and Barrett explaining what had happened and asking them to help me fix the issue (I'm not sure why it fell to me to try and rearrange delivery when it was supposed to be a click and collect in-store delivery that should, in my opinion, be handled by Holland and Barrett). I received no notification from Holland and Barrett that the parcel had been delayed in any way on the day, in fact I have heard nothing at all from them since they told me my parcel would be delivered that day! After choosing click and collect as I felt it was the easiest and most convenient option for me, I feel stressed and not happy at all, and I don't have my order! I feel that the whole situation should have been handled differently by Holland and Barrett, they should be in charge of in-store deliveries and should communicate much better with their customers to let them know what's happening. It shouldn't be my responsibility to sort this out but as they hand the tracking over to you you feel you must. Overall very unhappy with the customer service received from both companies."
"Went into my Halesowen store, normally, you are faced with smiling friendly people who are there to see if you need any help when you cant find what your looking for, today i was faced with a sour faced young lady, looking like she would rather be on her hols rather than at working, not a smile could break her face and not once did she offer any help when i couldn't find what i was looking for. Such a let down,"
Holland & Barrett is rated 1.52 based on 31 reviews