Holland & Barrett Reviews

Health & Beauty
Vitamins & Supplements
Health & Beauty
Vitamins & Supplements

How would you rate Holland & Barrett ?

"I recently purchased there 5% CBD+ oil which I can honestly say in my opinion, it is totally useless and over priced at£29.99 just another scam"
"Looked in line to see the closing times for my local branch said 6 so closed my business early and went down only to find a handwritten letter saying 5;30. Call customer service the next day at 9 in the morning to ask why and if this was just for the day and come 3 in the afternoon no one had gotten back to me. I am giving no stars wish I could give -5 stars"
"Staff Evelyn Especially rude and with a bad attitude."
Tara Lyne Tara
Verified Reviewer
"Hello there my names Tara Lyne I’ve bin to your shop that’s inside of Tesco’s at Millbrook at Bolton and I met with your member of staff STACIE there,I want to say want a very polite nice and thought ful and helpful and knowledgable person she is,and Stacie helped me a lot with items I needed and wanted to find,and not once did Stacie make me feel rushed in anyway and helped me no end until I got want needed.I definitely think that Stacie if not one already would make a good supervisor or manager of your store,I will be going again I enjoyed my shop Thankyou Tara Lyne x I’ve bin using H/B for 20 years now great shop x"
"Bought a lot of items on line , most were good but a few of the items weren't suitable so needed to return them . On the returns information on the delivery note it states that items can be returned to ANY store , NOT true , the Brecon store said they don't accept items bought on line, have emailed customer service a few times , still hasn't been sorted , the items that need to be returned are non food. To say I'm annoyed is an under statement."
"To whom it may concern. I have done a purchase at Holland and Barrett 52 Oxford street branch on the 9th of November 2017 and I have made a refund claim on the 11th of November 2017. My bank account was deducted on the 14th of November and until now I didn't receive my refund. I have made numerous phone calls and sent so many emails to the customer service with no reply until finally someone at the customer service said we cant do you anything!not our problem what a joke. Then I have gratefully contacted Maria the supervisor at 52 Oxford street branch and she was extremely helpful and sweet to help with my inquiry. Afterwards I was informed that Maria cant help also because the receipt I have is only the purchase and not the refund receipt. Well I would like to address that you need to go back on that day (9th and 11th of November) and see who did for me this purchase because it's not my fault that he didn't give me the correct receipt sorry it's his job and he should have done it right. IT IS HIS mistake not well trained and unprofessionally he didn’t give me the correct receipt so I would be able to get my money back thought it shouldn’t be deducted in the first place because I have returned the products. It's all about one concept why doesn't the supervisor of the branch mentioned checks by the date of purchase the name of the employee to be able to know who did for me the refund because the main purpose of his job is to provide the correct service to the clients, and hers to correct the mistakes of her colleagues not to just throw the case away and not putting any effort to resolve it. Ofcourse the branch did an inventory of the shop before the end of December 2017 which will absolutely show that the products I was charged for remains at the shop. This guy took from me the tax refund envelope and took off the receipt told me this is your refund receipt and he also took my credit card to refund the amount on. It’s absolutely his mistake not mine, I would be grateful to investigate who handled my transaction because I did refund the products and it’s unethical such a well know company charges me for something because one of the employees is not well trained and cost me something i didn’t even benefit from. I really hope this time my email reaches to someone who can do something, and not to be neglected as the ones before. I understand it is not a big amount but I'm looking at the concept itself, I already paid alot of money on the international calls."
"Part of my order didn't arrive. Clearly it wasn't in stock when I ordered despite being available on the website. Two weeks later, I still hadn't received the rest of my order or any other reply to my email query other than an automated response. It was easy enough however, for them to send emails requesting reviews of the company and products ordered! This is the second time I have been let down by them so unfortunately I will have to go elsewhere in future."
"Do not buy pitted dates from Holland and Barrett, they contain long hairs that look human. Bought 4 packs and 3 contained hair. Emailed customer services twice and then called them as they didn't reply. Spoke to Dave who really couldn't care less. He told me to return them to a store for a refund. I did this and staff were appalled! They also stated that there have been many complaints about hair being found in their dried fruit. I have now sent a sample along with a complaint to the food standards agency. Disgusting - will never shop there again."
"I ordered and paid for 2 bottles of zinc & copper tablets and 2 bottles of Echinacea tablets online. The Echinacea tablets arrived fine in good time along with a note saying the Zinc tablets would arrive in 3 weeks time. Very poor service as I have already paid for the items and was not told they were out of stock."
"Ordered £84 worth of goods online from Holland & Barrett and have not received these items. Have tried phoning the helpline to chase the order but they do not answer and there is no response to my emails. I doubt there is much chance of a refund from them (even if manage to speak with someone!) so will have to raise this with PayPal. Never again will I use this company online."
Andrew Curtis
Verified Reviewer
"Package arrived with one tub split so liquid had leaked onto all the other products. Customer service team not at all interested in finding a resolution."
"I like some of their products, however the internet shopping is a joke. My last parcel came with almond butter spilled all over other items, the whole box was dripping with oil. I e-mailed to report the problem and asked for re-delivery. There was absolutely no answer whatsoever, pure ignorance. I have never encountered such appalling customer service ever. Shocking. Yet - their shops are not that bad. Just the internet transactions. Needless to say I am never going to do internet shopping with them EVER again."
Anonymous J's
Unverified Reviewer
"They are never very clear about their contents and ingredients, on their labels and packaging. Same for their dosage, such as to be taken during, with, or before/after meals instruction. Their leaflets are often vague and aimed at 'silly cows' only!"
"VERY bad experience. Never received items purchased online. The help line didn't return any calls and hung up. The emails were never answered. Even my attempts to contact them through Facebook were ignored. However they still took my money. In my opinion, Avoid this business. Total online SCAM"
"I ordered shower gels from Holland and Barrett. The courier said the package was put through the letter box. My letter box is so narrow, only letters go in. I emailed H&B on Tuesday and today is Saturday and no response! Terrible service & no customer care at all!!!"
"For the order nr. 0604704371 was paid but any goods and any money back!!! Very very sad!"
Grumpyoldman1947
Verified Reviewer
"his Review is my own Private Opinion On the 14/12/17 bought at 22:15 Real Health Manuka Honey MGO 830 250g Goods had not arrived on the 19th/12/17 rang Holland & Barrett customer service told them had not received goods where were they, Much to my surprise told goods where not available any longer despite being able to buy them on their website and paying for them. Requested my money back told it would take up to 5 days to get back into my account. asked why they had not bothered to contact me as to cancellation of goods, all they could do was apologise " NOT GOOD ENOUGH" Have decided never to use HB website or give their shops any of my business also have informed friends and family HB don't seem to care about there customers."
"Went to the new branch at Newport Retail Park which is located within the Tesco store on a Sunday. Had to wait minutes while the two female assistants flirted and gossiped with a man even though they knew a customer as waiting . I asked for assistance in locating a product and received rude and unhelpful comments suggesting I should go away and find another store. I will never use H&B again"
"Bought CBD oil complete waste of money has no effect whatsoever going back to where I had lost ones from."
June, Sutton, London
Verified Reviewer
"While trying to decide which shampoo & conditioner I was deciding to buy at the Sutton branch on Thursday, the assistant came running up to me and toldme off about trying to smell the fragrance of the shampoos!! REALLY!!!!!! is that part of customer training H&B!!! Will go to an alternate shop as found this not only embarrassing in front of the other customers but utterly ridiculous!."
Holland & Barrett is rated 1.45 based on 44 reviews