Hodd Barnes & Dickins Reviews

of reviewers recommend Hodd Barnes & Dickins
Read Hodd Barnes & Dickins Reviews

About Hodd Barnes & Dickins:

Hodd Barnes & Dickins Holborn is one of the oldest opticians in London serving the professional community. With our state-of-the-art equipment and highly trained team of optometrists, we can provide the most comprehensive eye test in London, as well as in-depth and thorough consultation concerning your eye health.

holborn@hoddbarnesdickins.co.uk

94 High Holborn

It’s the combination of Impeccable expertise and knowledge with exceptional customer services which makes Hodd Barnes & Dickens so fantastic. I found this establishment years ago by chance and although I now have to travel quite far to get there now,I feel that it is definitely worth it. I’ve never found another opticians practice which was anywhere near as good . I know I can trust them 100% and I have always left extremely happy with the service they provide. The team are highly professional yet also lovely and friendly, often going out of their way to accommodate you if needs be. I couldn’t recommend them enough.
Amazing! Called to order urgent glasses and had them in two days, and I have an unusual prescription!
They are really lovely and the staff advised me in styles and shapes.
Can’t recommend these guys enough.
I went to Hodd Barnes & Dickins because my glasses were broken and needed to be fixed. They were extremely kind and willing to help. Next time I have to change my glasses I will rely on Hodd Barnes & Dickins.
Abbas was very kind and efficient in helping me with my spectacles, despite the difficulties caused by the corvid-19 pandemic - many thanks Abbas
I was so impressed with the service. Very professional and the glasses were made up quickly which is what we needed in the circumstances. I would highly recommend them.
I’ve been going to Hodd Barnes & Dickins for several years now and the service is excellent, people are friendly and the quality of glasses is high. Fully recommend them to anyone.
Always helpful; staff are friendly and try to provide what the customer wants, so the glasses are good and at a price that suits the buyer's purse. Staff are interested in developments in ophthalmology so I get the latest technology for testing my eyes.
I’ve been a customer at the Holborn store since 2018 and I don’t think I’ll ever need to go elsewhere. Their service is professional, precise personable and friendly in all that they do. I have my annual exams done there and I get my frames and prescriptions filled. They are always to help and I am really happy with the level of service provided!
Great service you don't find around much anymore! Thorough eye exams, always very flexible with my contact lens orders and Abbas just saved me in COVID isolation by getting another shipment over in less than a week! Legends
Good service
Overall, an excellent and very professional service. The eye examination is very thorough and reassuring; and the advice given on eye health is always very helpful. When I come to renew my glasses, the choice of frames is also very good too.
I needed two pairs of glasses urgently. HBD were able to advise me on the frames to choose, refine my prescription and make and fit the lenses (to both pairs) very quickly. It took only just over an hour from my entering the shop to leaving with my two pairs of glasses. The advice I received was very professional and I felt very well looked after. I will definitely recommend HBD to others.
Mohsin, Abbas, Lucy and the team are excellent. Eye tests are efficient and comprehensive (includes 3D retina scans, peripheral vision tests and tests for macular degeneration). I also like their wide range of high quality frames. Glasses are professionally fitted which ensures they always fit perfectly from the outset without having to revisit for adjustments etc. Above all, the service is second to none - highly recommended.
Excellent service! I have been a customer for over 25 years. The expertise, choice of glasses is the best and far exceeds the generic high street chain stores.Their staff are so knowledgeable and one feels they are really interested in helping you select the best options. I recently had an accident with a pair and they sorted for me quickly without delay!
I have been coming to Hodd Barnes and Dickens on High Holborn for 3 years now and have found both the ophthalmologists who conduct the eye testing and the opticians who advise on and fit glasses extremely helpful and knowledgeable. They stock a really great range of high quality designer eyewear , including very light Lindberg titanium frames and state of the art lenses. I cannot fault their customer service and the amount of time staff are willing to spend helping you to make a very important personal decision. I would highly recommend Hodd Barnes and Dickens to all who want reliable and attentive service and glasses that are a cut above the rest !
I recommend Hodd, Barnes & Dickins who have been my opticians for over 40 years.

The staff are knowledgeable, helpful and use up to date equipment for prescribing eyewear.

Furthermore, the practice stocks a vast and varied range of frames that customers will not find anywhere else.
Great friendly service through the whole process. Convenient booking online, had an eye examination for great guidance on contact lenses, and the best style of glasses to go for with my prescription. Also had my new glasses ready for me by the end of the day. Really professional and helpful.
Abbas is an amazing optician and my lenses and glasses are superb.
Friendly professional advice and support all contributed to an excellent review.
The delightful team at Hodd Barnes & Dickens treated my rather difficult eye problems with endless care and patience and really took the time to listen and help. I left their Holborn shop with 2 utterly gorgeous pairs of specs that feel like a beautiful ‘accessory’ rather than a medical necessity.
A very pleasing experience overall. I was dreading the test and entire process, but the staff were delightful and I am eager to get my glasses.
Hodd Barnes & Dickins is rated 4.94 based on 186 reviews