Hobbytronics Reviews

of reviewers recommend Hobbytronics
Read Hobbytronics Reviews

About Hobbytronics:

Online supplier of electronic components based in the UK but selling worldwide.

sales@hobbytronics.co.uk

Fossegate House
Pocklington Ind Estate
Pocklington
York

Tell us how Hobbytronics made you happy
All aspects of your service is excellent with the exception of Technical Support. I submitted a question last Wednesday via the support web page and am still waiting for a reply a week later. I appreciate the difficulties imposed by Covid-19, but I would expect at least an acknowledgement within a couple of working days.
Martin, again apologies for being slow in our initial support reply. I trust that the replacement voltage regulator is functioning as expected.
I ordered MC7805 with min input 7 volts, but I received L7805CV with min input 10 volts
Grigorij , sorry if there is an issue with your order. I will have to look into this more closely but as you are right. We do seem to have the L7805CV +5V 1A Voltage Regulator, rather than the MC7805. However, it doesn't require 10V as you think but rather a minimum of 4.8V. I have attached a copy of the datasheet for you. If this product isn't suitable for you project, please return and we will issue a refund. Just notify sales@hobbytronics.co.uk to arrange.
Still haven't received my order.
Graham, apologies for asking for a review before your order was delivered. Some of the reviews requests wqent out a little earlier than we usually send them. On top of that the Royal Mail delivery service is running slower than usual in some areas due to the current situation. I can see your order was delivered yesterday. Please let us know if you have any further questions or issues.
No pinout information for HC-05 Bluetooth RS232 TTL Module. I was informed that this was a generic device, none required. There are 2 generic forms with the same physical but different electrical connections exist. NO REPLY. The wrong option would result in a damaged unusable product.
Robert, apologies for the poor support. I am going to email you with some more information. I hope this will clear up any uncertainty.
Support was non-existent, either via the information contained on the website or by email. The item is now lying around unused. I bought a similar item from Arduino store and it worked. First time. No messing about and there is unlimited support on the web. I'll be sticking with Adafruit, Sparkfun and Arduino store in future.
Allen, so sorry to hear that you are unhappy with your purchase. Can you contact me at 'sales@hobbytronics.co.uk' so I can understand the issue?
Allen, I see my colleague in Support has already tried to help you resolve your issue. Please return the item so we can test. If it is in it's original condition (unsoldered) and you just want to return for a refund, please contact me for the return address.
I purchased some regulators on hobbytronics and they never came. I checked I entered the right shipping address and the status said shipped with royal mail first class. That's annoying but fine I thought. However, when I then contacted the listed customer service email asking for the shipping ID, they didn't get back to me.
I am sorry there has been a communication issue here. We had some problems with the filtering of our email system a week or so ago and it might be that your email was filtered into the 'Junk' in error. Can you please contact us directly on 'sales@hobbytronics.co.uk' so we can investigate? Sorry I can't email you directly due to the anonymous review
Hobbytronics is rated 4.89 based on 879 reviews