HomeOwners Alliance Reviews

97% of reviewers recommend HomeOwners Alliance
"An organisation that is actually on you side, that helps you through the maze of House Buying issues, (as they did me) with friendly helpful advice. Someone to help and guide you when you don't know what to do next. They can make a stressful buying process easier to manage."
"I am in my second year of member ship of HOA, and am very glad I joined. I particularly value the helpline. I am 75, and, like many older people, do not have any family nearby. So I find it very helpful to talk over what can be the daunting issues of managing a home. I have found the advisers very well-informed, and their advice sensible and reliable. I have also learned much from HOA's information sheets, and useful links to web-sites. I think it is an excellent service, which helps to meet a very real need..."
"I have found them to be packed with facts and really helpful. They provide lots of written information that's difficult to find anywhere else around all sorts of subjects to do with property. Their telephone helpline is really good for helping with specific topics."
"Quick response to a query. Answered query completely."
"On two occasions I have sent through a copy of an estate agents terms & conditions / contract. Such a reassurance to be guided in the right direction by someone who you can trust and whom understands all the estate agents terminology."
"A quick and detailed response when I had questions about buying a leasehold flat. Thank you!"
"My contact merely confirmed a lot of what I already knew"
"A very useful organisation to b a member of for any house owner. Particularly if you are thinking of moving house."
"HOA has helped sanity levels during an arduous house sale/purchase. Having a practical, level headed person to refer to on quick reply from HOA with a relevant background, willing to ask questions and share their advice, has been invaluable. We look forward to eventually moving and making use of the concierge service...!""
"As a first time seller and buyer I have used the HOA a lot and can highly recommend. Many of my friends have said that they wish they'd known about the HOA when buying and selling their properties. The HOA have looked through estate agent contracts and highlighted points that I would've missed on my own and given pertinent advice regarding the results of surveys and the next step forward. Always friendly too!"
"In the context of the costs involved in selling and buying a property, even if you only use Home Owners Alliance to check your estate agent's contract before signing, their fee of £45 is very modest and money very well spent. It is such a small amount to pay for insights that are clearly based on seeing the wider picture of what really is a minefield of estate agency practice out there, and I would recommend them to my closest friends and family."
"I rejoined Homeowners Alliance recently as my boundary dispute was over at last. Previous to that they had provided an excellent all-round service as well as all the free information on their site. I had recommended them to many other people. For £45 joining fee they read my estate agent contract free, patiently answered further questions and saved me £200 in estate agents fees as well as helping me to get the tie-in period down. They know the market very well and always give useful advice. If and when I (hopefully) finally sell the house and need advice about buying a leasehold or commonhold property I'll be straight onto them for further advice. It isn't easy buying and selling alone, especially when there are complications, so I really appreciate the way they have held my hand throughout."
"Excellant service so far. the recommended person for our EPC was 330 cheaper than the estate agent recommendation and he was able to come within 24 hours. report was returned in 3 days which included a Sunday. Conveyancing seems to be coming outb a lot cheaper that estate agents recommended ones although someone was very miffed when I said I had a much lower quote. I still have not sorted that as we are away at the moment , but will be asking advice. I have had a follow up call since joining and lady at the other end was lovely"
"I recently found 'Home Owners Alliance,' via google/duckduckgo, by chance & subscribed as a member. An issue came up via my house sale, and the friendly voice via the help line, was extremely helpful & very informative. For anyone involved in the stress & bureaucracy of selling or buying property, I highly recommend this website with it's wealth of information, guidance, clarity and special offers. Thank you HOA."
"Clear, Concise & friendly telephone information recieved. Great Web Page!"
"I joined HOA when I was selling my house and needed advice about Estate Agent’s. HOA gave immediate advice on the telephone and further advice by e-mail once they had considered my situation in detail. They have since given me good advice on Lease extensions. A very helpful service. Human beings to talk to."
"This is a great organisation providing lots of really useful information and advice. We were already members but were delighted to meet the founder and some of her team recently at the Ideal Home Show in London, and we had a very helpful discussion about our current property sale. We’re still at the preliminary stages of our transaction and they have since helped us with our estate agency agreement, giving us the confidence to negotiate from a sole selling rights to a sole agency basis, and to successfully challenge some of the standard terms and conditions. We’re sure we will call on them again as things proceed, but already we can’t recommend them highly enough!"
"The Estate Agent contract review service is excellent, I had two contracts reviewed with some very useful detailed feedback and links to the Property Ombudsman website that are particularly enlightening. Both reviews came back to me with a few hours. Thank you for your great service HomeOwners Alliance! The membership fee is worth every penny."
"I had a query about my position on a contract with an agent from several year ago. I had a great experience with HOA who responded speedily and offered great advice and support. Thank you HOA!"
"really helpful advice so far and very prompt - most impressed"
HomeOwners Alliance is rated 4.87 based on 71 reviews