HMV Reviews

HMV have a Customer Happiness Grade of C. Customers are happy with their delivery and customer service but are unhappy with their refunds. Full Insights

64% of reviewers recommend HMV

CDs, DVDs & Blu-Rays
Entertainment
CDs, DVDs & Blu-Rays

How would you rate HMV ?

"I visited HMV Bath today. The old movie section is down in the basement. The young chap was very helpful. There is a great classical movie selection, along with old Westerns and musicals. I am currently intoducing my children to Hitchcock."
"I have used HMV on a few occasions now to purchase a few vinyl LP's they deliver for free and all purchases I have made so far have been well packaged and delivery has been prompt with no hassles"
"Very friendly lady on the till in the Basildon Eastgate branch, think her name was Millie/Maisie or something similar, apologies for not remembering this - she really deserves some praise and she was very sociable and engaged in conversation which is nice to have"
"Looks like new staff at the Birmingham bull ring store. Bright smiles, helpful mannerisms, I bought 5 films and will be back within 7 days to place a large order, I will be back as the aggressor,demanding 'have you got your membership card with you, you must bring it with you?' Type of telling you off,naughty child team have gone."
"The service was fantastic and we are very happy with our purchase."
"HMV had some great bargains in DVDs and Blu-Rays. Their instore range, including World Cinema, TV Shows, comedy and music is breathtaking and there are great collections amongst them. And their cds, vinyl and turntables are great, too. I found a Neil Young acoustic album I didn't know of, and two great Chris Marker films on one DVD amongst what I got."
"Always have great stock for my varied music taste! Plus rewards card is great for saving money"
"Im happy with the service that I got the other day she was nice and polite"
"Poor service in store and online. I will never shop here again"
"Very poor customer service, both instore and online. Will not shop here again."
"I ordered a parcel to be delivered 30/11/2017, I was informed it was dispatched 02/12/2017, I never got it."
"I visited the Cwmbran store with a Christmas shopping list, Tony served me and nothing was too much trouble he found everything I wanted in a couple of minutes, stress free shopping thank you Tony you were so helpful. Support your local HMV otherwise we will have nowhere to buy music and films."
"last week I went into HMV Southport to purchase a turntable and speakers. The manager was very helpful throughout the purchase. The box was very heavy and I didn't think I would be able to carry it to my car so the manager went above and beyond his role and carried it to my car you couldn't get better service than that, I would like to thank him again and recommend people use this store."
"Price matched CD to amazon, but when the CD arrived it was a cardboard case with cellphone wrap. This wrap has the 'deluxe edition' sticker on it and so I would want to give the gift with this in it, particularly as it does not have a plastic cover. However, HMV has stuck an order sticker on this outer wrap. Very thoughtlessly done."
"1) Search icon is not immediately noticeable. 2) After adding a product to the basket, it is difficult to jump back to the "store" to search for more. 3) cannot sort searches of products by ALPHABETICAL order. 4) The website is vague - get "Joe Public" ti do testing of website."
"See above. Proactive and Knowlegable. Build rapport with regulars."
"Hmv Leeds LS1 staff member gossiped about me on the staff radio after I took my pram upstairs instead of using the lift, very upset as I was not rude to anyone I heard him say he had to tell me about taking pram upstairs as I didn't have the sense to use the lift, i only over heard because I was looking around near another staff member who was holding the radio"
"Great customer service and range of products at the Wimbledon branch. Click and collect is very speedy and delivered as scheduled."
"Frequent visitor to the Truro branch. Excellent lay out in the store. Great assistants. Fantastic offers every day. Go there, It is well worth a visit!"
"My go to place for exclusive steelbooks. Fantastic service A+++"
HMV is rated 3.59 based on 58 reviews