HMV Reviews

64% of reviewers recommend HMV
5PM
5PM

About HMV: HMV is the UK and Ireland’s leading entertainment brand, enabling comprehensive access to much of today’s popular culture through its chain of stores and online and digital sites as well as through its growing live venue, festivals, ticketing & promoting and artist management operations. <br /> Established in 1921 through its landmark store in Oxford Street, and famous for its iconic ‘dog-and-gramophone’ trademark, 90-years-on entertainment brand HMV gets customers even closer to the artists and to the music, film and games they love whether in the home, on the move or via the ‘live’ experience. Unique in its ‘360-style’ offer, HMV enables choice through 250 stores offering a specialist selection of entertainment content and technology products; an online store at hmv.com and a download service at hmvdigital.com powered by 7digital (50% HMV owned). <br /> <br /> <br />

website.service@hmv.co.uk

hmv UK Ltd, Princess House
50 60 Eastcastle Street

Categories:
Entertainment
CDs, DVDs & Blu-Rays
Entertainment
CDs, DVDs & Blu-Rays

Tell us how HMV made you happy

"Visited HMV Ocean Terminal today 31st March and wanted to leave feedback for the 2 amazing assistants. My 13yr old daughter is a huge bohemian rhapsody fan and went in to buy a poster, she spotted a stand for the movie at the back and plucked up the courage to ask about if she could buy it. The lovely guys allowed her to take it for nothing and I don't think they realised just how much they made her day! So happy!! Thanks again for this, it meant so much especially after she asked herself, that was a big deal for her x"
Are you HMV? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"Truro HMV in Cornwall is absolutely brilliant. The staff are always incredibly helpful and knowledgeable. If we can't find something we always ask and they are always happy to help. We use it all the time and we have two teenagers who would miss it if it were to close as they are in there all the time, it's one of the only reasons they go to town, to buy cd's, dvd's, vinyl and top-up cards. They are competitive on price and if they haven't got what you want they are happy to order it in. There's nothing nicer than having a proper mooch and buying something tangible. So much nicer than browsing online, there's so much you just don't see when buying online. We've always been impressed with our store in Truro so it gets a Big 5 stars from us."
"HMV Middlesbrough advertises in massive letters ‘ 2 band T shirts for £20’. However, when you get to the till they tell you you that it only applies to the ones on the left hand side!!!!!!!! - there’s no sign to say that and alm the T shirts are together. Disgraceful- it’s illegal to advertise like that, but the staff couldn’t care less. Will never shop there again - terrible store."
"Bournemouth hmv David was brilliant"
"Went into store to purchase Black Beauty dvd for a child. Was told it was out of stock but I could buy a pack of two which contained Black Beauty and Secret Garden . This I was told would be same price as if I had just bought 1 dvd of Black Beauty . I bought this for £5.99 but on checking your website the Black Beauty dvd is advertised for £3.99 . Therefore I was misled to believe the 2 pack would only cost the same as one single Black Beauty dvd. Service in store was good .Assistant very pleasant but not too happy with what I was told"
"HMV Poole is where i bought the brand new CD by Eve Graham, A Matter of Time. So pleased to see quite a few copies and front of shelf also. This is a fantastic cd and Eve has done an amazing job all 14 songs are really good some stand alone songs are "Slipping Away " "When It All Comes Down" " Catch The Wild Wind" and a super good fun song " I'm Turning Into My Mother ". Eves vocals are beautiful on all the tracks . This album is a kind of Country style mixed with ballads and song that really touch all emotions. Highly recommended. Well Done Eve a super job x"
"I visited HMV Bath today. The old movie section is down in the basement. The young chap was very helpful. There is a great classical movie selection, along with old Westerns and musicals. I am currently intoducing my children to Hitchcock."
"I have used HMV on a few occasions now to purchase a few vinyl LP's they deliver for free and all purchases I have made so far have been well packaged and delivery has been prompt with no hassles"
"Very friendly lady on the till in the Basildon Eastgate branch, think her name was Millie/Maisie or something similar, apologies for not remembering this - she really deserves some praise and she was very sociable and engaged in conversation which is nice to have"
"Looks like new staff at the Birmingham bull ring store. Bright smiles, helpful mannerisms, I bought 5 films and will be back within 7 days to place a large order, I will be back as the aggressor,demanding 'have you got your membership card with you, you must bring it with you?' Type of telling you off,naughty child team have gone."
"The service was fantastic and we are very happy with our purchase."
"HMV had some great bargains in DVDs and Blu-Rays. Their instore range, including World Cinema, TV Shows, comedy and music is breathtaking and there are great collections amongst them. And their cds, vinyl and turntables are great, too. I found a Neil Young acoustic album I didn't know of, and two great Chris Marker films on one DVD amongst what I got."
"Always have great stock for my varied music taste! Plus rewards card is great for saving money"
"Im happy with the service that I got the other day she was nice and polite"
"Poor service in store and online. I will never shop here again"
"Very poor customer service, both instore and online. Will not shop here again."
"I ordered a parcel to be delivered 30/11/2017, I was informed it was dispatched 02/12/2017, I never got it."
"I visited the Cwmbran store with a Christmas shopping list, Tony served me and nothing was too much trouble he found everything I wanted in a couple of minutes, stress free shopping thank you Tony you were so helpful. Support your local HMV otherwise we will have nowhere to buy music and films."
"last week I went into HMV Southport to purchase a turntable and speakers. The manager was very helpful throughout the purchase. The box was very heavy and I didn't think I would be able to carry it to my car so the manager went above and beyond his role and carried it to my car you couldn't get better service than that, I would like to thank him again and recommend people use this store."
"Price matched CD to amazon, but when the CD arrived it was a cardboard case with cellphone wrap. This wrap has the 'deluxe edition' sticker on it and so I would want to give the gift with this in it, particularly as it does not have a plastic cover. However, HMV has stuck an order sticker on this outer wrap. Very thoughtlessly done."
HMV is rated 3.63 based on 64 reviews