Hive Insurance Services Reviews

Read Hive Insurance Services Reviews

enquiries@hiveinsure.co.uk

The Hive, Almondsbury Business Centre, Bradley Stoke

Tell us how Hive Insurance Services made you happy
Extremally efficient company to deal with, totally satisfied with Lynsey who always answered any query I had with accurate information. Would not hesitate to recommend them.
Hello Andrew, thank you so much for taking time out of your day to send us feedback on your experience. We are so pleased that you are happy with the service that you have received. If there is anything else you need, please don't hesitate to contact us. Many thanks, Lynsey Garland, Customer Services Manager.
I am absolutely disgusted with Hive.
I have always been happy with April Uk until the lockdown.
I have sent many documents to DG Creditor so that they can pay me for the time I was shielding.
They are now using stall tactics .
It is September and I have rung Lynsey at Hive many many times and nothing has been done.
Disgusted with them.
Good morning Mrs Burley, thank you for taking the time to contact us. As you’re aware, we employ a separate claims handling company to handle claims on our behalf, however, I am sorry that the process is taking so long. To try to get the matter resolved I will be escalating this to a Senior Manager today and will be in regular contact with her. Please be aware that I am treating your claim as the highest priority and be assured that I will be in regular contact to ensure the matter is resolved. In the meantime, do contact me directly if you have any further queries. Kind regards, Lynsey.
Happy with my insurance had a accident and with in a week got sorted Very helpful
Thank you so much for the feedback on your experience, we are pleased that you are happy with the service that you have received from us. If there is anything else you need, please don't hesitate to get in contact. Many thanks, Lynsey Garland, Customer Services Manager.
As an ISSA member I had an accident and put in a claim with Hive here in Ireland and i have to say, the service was great and really helpful, but the best bit was my claim was dealt with and paid out within a week! couldn't recommend them enough. Hugh
Hello Hugh, thank you so much for taking the time to send us feedback on your experience, we are very pleased that you are happy with the service that you have received. If there is anything else you need, please don't hesitate to contact us. Many thanks, Lynsey Garland, Customer Services Manager.
Had unemployment cover taken with them, raised the price from 50 to 85 first; when it came to claiming, took them 3 months to process and had to go back and ask to recalculate to get a fair view;
Good afternoon. Thank you for taking the time to get in contact with us. Please could you contact me on my direct line so that we can discuss this and so that I can help? My number is 01454 857908. Many thanks, Lynsey Garland, Customer Services Manager.
Very happy with April insurance, friendly staff, very easy and fast to deal with.
Hello Ella, thank you for taking the time to send us feedback on your experience, we are so pleased that you are happy with the service that you have received. If there is anything else you need, please don't hesitate to contact us. Many thanks, Lynsey Garland, Customer Services Manager.
STAY FAR AWAY! April UK are daylight robbers. I’ve had critical illness and accident insurance with them for years paying £45 per month. The other day I noticed on my DD that they had increased this to £70 per month. When I contacted them they said they had sent me an letter a few months back. I do have my mail forwards from my old address to my new one but never revived one. No email was received either.

When I contacted them I’ve asked them if it was not standard procedure to consult the client before such a massive increase and answers was no. I asked them to cancel policy immediately if they could not give me the original price I agreed on. I also asked for a refund for the sum the increased sum over the last months since. Again answers was no.

All other insurance companies I have insurance with will email this correspondence as a way to know email has been opened and received but not this scum company. I guess from their stealing position, if they notified everyone and made sure their intention of increasing a policy from £45 til £70 was known- no one would pay another £ £25 for the same product! Thief’s
Dear Miss Gilleberg,

Thank you for your review. Further to your conversation with my colleague yesterday it had come to light that we held an old address and an old email address for you on record, therefore the two letters that we had sent to you providing two months notice of the plan changes unfortunately did not reach you. We have copies of these letters on file, I would be happy to send these to you for your records.

If you would like to discuss this further please feel free to contact me on my direct line which is 01454 857908. Many thanks, Lynsey Garland, Customer Services Manager.
Friendly company, fast response, I am satisfied with the services and contact.
Hi Anna, thank you so much for your review. We're delighted to be of service. Please don't hesitate to contact our Customer Service team if there's anything else we can do to help.

Lynsey.
Accident, Sickness & Hospitalisation- waste of time
I am extremely disappointed with April UK/IE. So hard to get reimbursed, they always have some reason not to reimburse. Already moving to a different company.
WOULD NOT RECOMMEND BUYING ANYTHING
Thank you for taking the time to get in contact with us. Are you able to contact me on my direct line so that we can discuss this please? If so my number is 01454 857908, Lynsey Garland, Customer Services Manager. Many thanks for your time.
Great service as always x
Good afternoon Deborah. Thank you very much much for the feedback on your experience, we are so pleased that you are happy with the service you have received. If there is anything else you need, please don't hesitate to contact us. Many thanks, Lynsey Garland, Customer Services Manager.
Excellent service, claim handled quickly & efficiently. A refreshing change
I cannot understand how a company like April UK, can treat customers in this manner send a email to the Brokers on Wednesday 26th June and sent out letters to arrive on Saturday morning 29th June, this is totally unfair and uncaring - especially at this time of year:- example holiday season. (This is not the way that we should be treated, increase premiums and reduce cover !!!!) without any real warning!!!! This is not the first time they have acted in this manner example Private Medical Insurance Annoying and no evidence to treating customers fairly.
I have been a customer of April for around 4 years but no more! I am disgusted with a recent letter stating that my premiums will increase from August by over £30.00 taking my monthly premiums close to £90.00 a month. What a RIP OFF! They have also made a few changes to my policy that state that my monthly benefit cannot exceed 60% of my gross earnings. In other words, I will be paying excessive monthly premiums from August but I will receive a significantly smaller payout if I were to be made redundant. WHAT A CON!!!! This means that I would be receiving just over £500 less in benefit, yet I will be paying more every month! This is a con and I strongly advise that no one uses this company. They are ripping people off. They are better alternatives out there and I strongly suggest you look around. I was surprised what I found on money supermarket. please stay away form April. They are CONS! I can't stress this enough.
Thank you for your review. The insurer has seen a significant increase in claims and administration costs since taking over the product portfolio last year which has unfortunately lead to the premium increase. Despite this, and the changes that the Insurer has made to the policy, Lifestyle Protector plans continue to be one of the most sought-after and popular protection products on the market today, given what they do, namely to provide an income if you become ill or injured and can't work.

Naturally we would always encourage you to seek advice in order to make sure that your needs continue to be catered for. Please can you contact me on my direct line so that we can discuss this and so that I can help? My number is 01454 857908. Many thanks, Lynsey Garland, Customer Services Manager.
LIFESTYLE PROTECTION PLAN'S....from April UK.....YOU NEED TO CHECK YOUR POLICY....I have had one for a few years, self employed, the policy originally sounded good and at a reasonable monthly cost......
But as From 1 August the policy is changing, not a renewal just a total change to the existing policy.....Substantial increase in monthly premium, and none beneficial changes to terms.....the Reason give, " to many claims
& admin costs".........Was not told when taking out the policy that such drastic profiteering changes could/would/might be adopted in the future of this long term policy......WOULD NOT RECOMEND BUYING THROUGHT APRIL UK......Coud this be the next PPI miss sale...
Dear Mr Pennycott

Thank you for your review. As you rightly say, the insurer has seen a significant increase in claims and administration costs since taking over the product portfolio last year. But despite this, Lifestyle Protector plans continue to be one of the most sought-after and popular protection products on the market today, given what they do, namely to provide an income if you become ill or injured and can't work.

Conartist company
You take out unemployment insurance.
They take 5 months to look into it. Then refuse to pay as they don't cover unemployment only redundancy.
Good morning Mr Tennick, thank you for taking the time to get in contact with us. Please can you contact me on my direct line so that we can discuss this and so that I can help? My number is 01454 857908. Many thanks, Lynsey Garland, Customer Services Manager.
My claim was dealt with very well. Staff were helpful on the phone and once I sent my forms in I received payment with the minimum of fuss. Thank you.
Was informed a couple of months ago that April UK will no longer be offering health cover. I have had the policy for 3 years and currently have existing ongoing cases. Switching over to AXA is not affordable as the rates jumps by 300%. I would have chosen a different provider 3 years ago (such as BUPA) if there was any hints that April UK was only a short term solution. Not happy.
Dear sir/madam, thank you for your comments. As explained in your letter, the situation is unfortunately beyond our control. Nevertheless, we will be more than happy to raise your complaint directly with the Insurer. Please contact our Customer Services team on 0800 028 0849 so that we can take your details, and we will then be able to support you in the matter.
I am extremely disappointed with April UK. So hard to get reimbursed, they always have a reason not to reimburse you (or at least they won't reimburse most part of the bill). I paid my lesson by paying them almost 2000 euros per year! Flee from this terrible company!
Good morning Jane, thank you for taking the time to get in contact with us. Are you please able to contact me on my direct line so that we can discuss this? If so my number is 01454 857908, Lynsey Garland, Customer Services Manager. Many thanks.
Just been told that April UK will no longer be offering health cover.

Paid out for 2 years, never made a claim and recently had a small operation with the same consultant in the same hospital that April UK would have covered, but told it was the same waiting time.

Had a renewal through and was informed that Axa would accept previous April UK customers with pre-existing conditions, but the price offered is £200 a month which is disgraceful.

I'm now looking at taking this to the Financial Ombudsman, unless April UK are willing to offer some sort of compensation.
Good morning Paul, many thanks for taking the time to get in touch with us. We will raise your dissatisfaction with this situation with the Insurer as a complaint on your behalf as unfortunately there is nothing that we are able to do in relation to this. Are you please able to contact me on my direct line so that we can discuss? My direct line is 01454 857908. Lynsey Garland, Customer Services Manager.
When I make a claim I am confident that it will be dealt with on a professional level with no messing about .. staff very nice to talk with and willing to help you with your claim .. glad I’m with April
Hive Insurance Services is rated 4.33 based on 236 reviews