Hattons Model Railways Reviews

of reviewers recommend Hattons Model Railways

Tell us how Hattons Model Railways made you happy
Would you like to add photos or videos?
Always receive prompt service from Hattons. Their prices for both goods and postage make it cheaper for me to shop with them than to visit my local hobby shop here in Australia.
Always good to deal with Hattons. Thank you for your excellent customer service, especially in these difficult times.
As usual,a nice product,good updates and excellent service as usual !
R.Quincey.
delivery to france whilst under lockdown .. it took its time but it finally arrived , I wish to thank all at Hattons for the service and help provided...
This is probably the best seller i have dealt with.100% packaging
Large box with good inserts.Very prompt delivery. Very helpfull
when ringing up with any queries.
I remember Hattons when they were in Smithdown Road in Liverpool and I thought they had gone out of business but I discovered they had only moved to Wigan and I'm glad they are still trading because they were very good in Smithdown Road and they still are still very good I ordered an item on the 24th May & it arrived on 28th May and it was well packed (not like some items I received from other companies) excellent I will be buying from them again. Thank you Hattons
Bought a kit from Hattons which was sent to me with the wrong instructions. 5 weeks later they have still not provided me with the correct instructions!
Hattons are first on our list to contact. Latest delivery today 100% happy and we'll ring you again next month, many thanks.
Thank you Christine Hatton for the fantastic service.
Many products and beautiful photos
Solid internetshop and quick dilivery to the Netherlands by road by DPD
I recently decided to convert part of my layout to DCC and purchased a Hornby Elite and two TTS sound decoders from Hattons. Kieran took my order and was very helpful.
My order arrived promptly and the communication throughout was excellent. Unfortunately one of the decoders was faulty and I had to return it. Unbelievably the replacement was also faulty, this was also replaced by Hattons with the minimum of fuss. I dealt with "Brian" on both occasions, he was brilliant, very professional. Indeed all the staff were great including Gary who dealt with the resending of the second decoder. Well done Hattons
Extremely quick delivery with items neatly and well packed and at a very good price. I couldn't have had a better experience dealing with Hattons. Many thanks.
Good service, prompt delivery and good price.
always happy and pleased with the service provided and the product.
If I want anything for my railway I start with Hattons and have never been disappointed. Only once have I had trouble with a model loco which was replaced with no quibble (I had sent it back to them to fix but the loco that came back was a new one). I thoroughly recommend Hattons for anything model railway related and with them continued success with their business.
The ordering procedure is easy, with fast send-out. Speedy delivery at reasonable. Products as described. Decent prices.
Lockdown Review

I've just received yet another deliver bang on time from your wonderful on line service. Over the years I've never had a complaint about the products service or delivery. Today it was just Ballast from the Legacy range, but in the past wether it's been a locomotive,stock,scale car or just scenic your staff and shop have always been great. No surprise then that even during this lockdown you still continue to deliver a First class service to us modellers. Well Done and a huge Thank you

D Smith Scotland
Recently sold a large number of model railway items - good price offered and excellent service. Very easy to use. Have used Hattons for years as a seller and buyer. Highly recommended.
Not very impressed at all I'm afraid. I dropped by one afternoon to have a browse and was disappointed to find an almost empty space. The latest refurbishment apparently, though this was the same the last time I was here a couple of years ago. It's all well and good to say that anything can be brought out from the stock room but people like to browse at their own leisure. Bit of a pain if I want a Metcalfe kit or some paint and want to see a few examples. I don't shop online and much prefer to visit a model shop in person.

I was disappointed to overhear the shop assistant Mark (according to their staff page) making derogatory remarks about other staff. I fail to recall the exact words but he seemed to be pleased to not be working with "the idiots" for a change. I'm sure plenty of other people would value a job in the current climate more than this ungrateful twerp.

So is Hattons worth visiting? Not for me in a traditional sense. If you don't mind the clunky system of looking on a computer, asking for items and waiting for the staff to bring them through then you might be okay. Think of Argos about 15 years ago. It's perfectly fine if you shop online.
Ordered from Hattons a 1:48 lightening model for the best price I could find of £95. Model arrived very damaged, I would guess couriers didn’t understand “fragile” written on the box. Phoned Hattons spoke to Tara who immediately sent a new replacement out. Arrived within 24 hour. Brilliant service thank you.
My latest order for a 50th anniversary A3 `Flying Scotsman`was received via DHL yesterday, with a delivery time to Australia of under three days. Brilliant. I was very happy with the quality of the model and its presentation in a special commemorative box. Apart from an expected long lead time since ordering, I have been more than happy with all aspects of my association with Hattons and look forward to other orders in the future
Hattons Model Railways is rated 4.75 based on 316 reviews