Hattons Model Railways Reviews

92% of reviewers recommend Hattons Model Railways

How would you rate Hattons Model Railways?

104 reviews
Review and raise up to £2.00
Geoff - London

You've raised
£1.26 for charity!

Read & write reviews about Hattons Model Railways in our app We'll donate to charity for every review written
Geoff - London
Verified Reviewer
"Package lost in courier system. When I telephone the Hattons customer service agents, they are generally unhelpful and obstructive. All the information provided by Hattons from their tracking agent to date about the fate of my package has proved incorrect. I am now out of pocket as a result of this experience and will not be using Hattons again."
John Waterhouse
Verified Reviewer
"Pre Owned Department Sent several boxes of OO Gauge locomotives to pre owned department for sale, in response to an Advertisement in Garden Rail Magazine. Advertisement stated - "Trade in with Harttons for immediate payment on the day that we receive your goods - We pay straight away" After 5 working days from receipt of items by Hattons I have still not received payment for the items sent. I have sent several emails and telephoned. The company is unresponsive to phone calls and is choosing to ignore my latest emails. I am on the point of contacting Trading Standards for resolution."
"My first purchase from Hattons and I am very impressed. My on-line Order generated several e-mails confirming the order, picking, despatch etc as well as updates from the courier. Despite my delivery being two bulky parcels, I think the postage of just £4 is very competitive, especially for next day delivery. Try getting two large parcels delivered next day on e-bay for £4! Also, the prices at Hattons are very competitive and present great value for money. I will certainly use them again and have signed up for the newsletter."
Les Arrowsmith
Verified Reviewer
"Comprehensive stock, keen prices and reasonable delivery charges. Up to date website makes browsing a pleasure...pity Hattons aren't just round the corner... I'd love to pop in."
"Rang Hattons this morning to enquire about couplings on a loco I was interested in. Wanted to know if they were compatible with Hornby and Bachmann. Just got back into model railways after a gap of 15 years and believe me a lot has changed in that time. Could I get a straight answer to my question? NO. Amazed they are still trading if this is an example of their customer service."
"Previously sent the wrong item, and made it so difficult to return I'm stuck with. I give them a 2nd chance they send me a described as pre owned like new Evening Star with broken tender with glue marks and on top of that it doesn't work. I will never use this shonky operation again."
"Excellent, quick service"
"Had not used Hattons for some time due to a postage issues during my last experience (their website info was wrong; they didn't honour it...I was out of pocket and item arrived damaged and delayed because they decided to use an inferior courier to the one I had selected and paid for). Gave it another go, and lo and behold, they did it again. Paid for Special Delivery, plenty of time before the cut off, 20 hours of so in fact. Item didn't arrive when due and Royal Mail proved that Hattons had missed the cut-off for posting. Hattons stated that they would "refund me the postage", but no, a partial refund at 40%. I'll not bother again for a while, if at all. You're really starting to lose it now and with so much cheaper competition, I hope others' leave in droves. I'm glad I paid with Paypal!"
Christopher Reid
Verified Reviewer
"God pricing, great web site, inexpensive shipping to the USA and fast shipping with no errors"
"First class service, very prompt delivery and goods as decribed."
Chris Barnard
Verified Reviewer
"Ordered several items lately must say very pleased with Hattons. well priced, well packed, and speedy delivery. A Service I feel can trust so thanks all at Hattons."
"I bought a pre owned shunter engine a few days ago from you, it was a non runner, but a real bargain, i have cleaned and repaired it and is in fully working order now!!!!! Thank you so much we will shop again sometime."
Big John , Middleton
Unverified Reviewer
"excellent service allround, good priced items , fast delivery , less than 24 hours delivery"
Big John , Manchester
Verified Reviewer
"excellent service allround , bought hornby elite new , best price anywhere at 205 pounds, fast delivery , easy website to use , very good experiance"
Andrew Edwards
Verified Reviewer
"Very courteous staff, order delivered promptly. Met two of the staff at model rail Scotland, really nice guys. Well done"
"Very fast delivery, model just as described. What great service...."
"My order for 1:76 scale die cast model 'Wynns' vehicles was very quickly processed and delivered. I had pre-ordered one item and was duly informed when it became available."
"Web site,very easy to use.Deliveries on time and customer instructions followed as asked.Products described extremely well including those on previously goods.I am a completely satisfied recently new customer and certainly be using this firm again.Jim"
"I had been looking for the Taxis for a while and had not been successful in my search until I tried Hattons. I was lucky as this was in the period that my layout is meant to be."
"As a new modeler i am very happy with the service from Hattons,stock and price unbeatable."
Hattons Model Railways is rated 4.68 based on 104 reviews