Harveysfurniture Reviews

15% of reviewers recommend Harveysfurniture
Courier, Own Driver
Telephone

How would you rate Harveysfurniture ?

"Everything... Had a sofa on going issues from delivery. Had to have a reselection only to be told discontinued. When new sofa arrived 12 weeks later, was faulty in arrival. Got in touch with harveys they had to send out an independent technician to access and agree. Again another reselection and 12 week wait. Reselection made and was delivered. A year in and guess what another problem. Harveys dont wont to know ! Had another independent report by Servico. Honestly take your money leave you high and dry... customer services really. AVOID HARVEY'S !!"
"Furniture damaged on arrival no explanation given. Cash deposit will take two weeks to get back. Rude and unhelpful staff, no help or response to formal complaint."
"Ordered our sofas back in April, and was notified that we could give Harvey's a do not deliver before date (as we were moving into a new build home, we could not accept delivery).We requested for delivery to not be prior to the 1st of August, and had calls from their staff weekly asking when they could deliver. We finally agreed a date, being the 3rd of August (both my partner and i booked the day off work) and late the night before received a text message saying they could no longer deliver and to reschedule. After numerous calls to their call center, it turns out they couldn't find the stock in the warehouse. They agreed that they will now deliver the sofas on the 8th of August. After booking yet another day off work, they have announced that they will not be delivering the sofa as they are now discontinued! All this after taking our money back in April. Waiting for a refund, will never order from Harveys again. Shocking customer service."
"16 weeks delivery but knew this. Bad crease in sofa after 1st day. Harveys sent Servico - took 5 weeks. Servico advised fault but also indicated these sofas have poor quality filling. Contacted by Harveys who said Servico had reported no fault. Rather than investigate Harveys arranged visit by another company who confirmed fault & we know Harveys had this at least a week ago but no contact to resolve despite being chased. Appalling company poor product buyer beware."
"On 29th July 2018 I bought coffee and lamp tables from Cambridge Harveys store. Both tables were standing in the living room empty with nothing on them for 3 days. On Wed 1st Aug we came back home after work and discovered that the glass from the lamp table separated from its metal piece, came down and was on the floor, luckily not broken (poor quality). I took the broken table back to the store on Sat 4th Aug. That shop assistant was in the store with 3 other shop assistants. I said I wanted to return the lamp table as I didn't not wish to replace it; poor quality and might be potentially dangerous because of self-separating glass coming down on the floor. The assistant was very official and cold with me, he said it was not a store problem any more as I kept the table at home for 1 week. He said he was helping me telling I should follow the process taking the broken lamp table back home and call the customer service. I told him it was not the kind of service I would expect, too much trouble with a small piece of furniture like a lamp table. He was a little bit impatient with me saying I should have followed the process (however I didn't know I had to contact customer service instead of taking a small item back to the store). Two other shop assistants approached us and wanted to help me but my assistant stopped them saying it was not a shop problem but customer service problem. I asked him if he understood that facing this kind of service I would never ever come back to the store, but he repeated that I had to follow up the process. For the 1st time in my life I got a feeling that I was an unwanted customer. It was not a friendly conversation from his side, he was trying to push me out from the store with the broken lamp table, that’s it. Later, back home he phoned me up saying he asked the customer service to give me a call; I assume his colleagues might tell him that his attitude was not acceptable ruining image of the store. I'm really concerned that I lost £185. I don't want to keep this table or have it replaced as it's a potentially a dangerous product. I'm also concerned that I'm investing too much time into this lamp table. I had to drive to the store and back with the broken lamp table, writing complaints, later will have to deal with customer service with unknown outcome - too much for a small piece of furniture. Thank you very much Kevin, will never ever approach this store again. The poorest service I've ever had in my life."
"Table and chairs ordered in March - arrived April. Not put together properly and table ends damaged as dropped in transit. The seats were wobbly and had screws hanging out of them. Have had to wait until middle of July for parts. Have rung repeatedly to chase issue and find out when to expect them to arrive and be fitted. Fobbed off every time. Eventually arrived end of July. Came to fit. Colour doesn't match the middle piece but apparently that's wood and we should just put up with it. Castellan not able to take the old table legs away as Harveys in Bedford refused to let them use their skip. Currently have them in my front driveway awaiting a collection which will never happen. DPD have already been out and wouldn't take them as no one at home and items not packaged correctly. Still awaiting a response from Harveys....... Also ordered a new sofa at the same time as ordering the table and chairs. Sofa has again only just arrived end of June. On the first night the recliner motor broke on one of the sofas. Engineer came out following day to say that the motor had 'burnt out' and needed replacing. On taking the motor out the poor guy cut his hand badly and then bled all over the sofa. So currently waiting for new sofas which will be here at the end of September. So if you want faulty furniture that doesn't work and they clearly just want to dump on you from their warehouse then this is the right company to use. Now in touch with trading standards and the financial ombudsman. Will not be recommending to anyone!"
"Customer service appalling.Waited 10 days knowing sofas had not arrived for delivery before they bothered to tell us by which time no sofas to sit on .When they did arrive a week later both were faulty only just had replacements after original order placed on 30th Dec2017. ...offered £100 compensation !!!! Bit of a joke really ,worst service ever kept on hold for 20 mins to get new date on insurance policy to be told that customer service should have done it when I was told to do it myself !!!!!! Delivery slot given as 12-7pm ..arrived 10:30 am when I was busy doing something else"
"Bought new suite, but Richard, at southend store, ordered wrong one, as we didn't know name of suite we wanted, he put wrong name down. When we tried to sort it out, manager couldn't help, had to deal with salesman Richard, he hung up on us twice!, told us we had to pay more money for correct suite, extra £320 for a cheaper suite! Called head office, complaints department, they can't get involved! (Useless) dos here I am, stuck with a suite I didn't really want."
"Delivery cost £59 and kept being cancelled. Waited 17 weeks not 13 weeks as advised at time of order because delivery only available in my area Tuesdays and Thursdays. Harveys should advise this at time of order; it would have made me consider cancelling the order if I had known delivery was only available 5 days a week out of a possible 7."
"Absolutely awful. Had to wait 12 weeks for delivery for a sofa and footstool. When they were delivered, both arrived damaged. My wife rejected the goods - Harveys still took the complete payment and now 2 weeks later they are not communicating and we have no furniture. Chased them several times, and now they are saying there is no damage to the goods, despite being provided with photographic evidence...... Disgraceful - avoid this company."
"Bought sofa from Harvey's delivery men were really unhelpful couldn't be bother lifting sofa in so said it wouldn't fit, my girlfriend was in but they wouldn't wait 3 min for me to come home so took it back to warehouse which got lost for 5 days which I kept ringing up about everyday n getting different answers. Got a new delivery date n the next delivery men lifted it straight in. Basically I think it was lazy old delivery men that couldn't be bothered doing there job. Q1 why do Harvey's employ these mugs n Q2 why do they want to be in this trade if they can't be bothered lifting anything"
"Problems with a sofa after 12 months and they are unwilling to resolve. Wriggled out of the claim on a technicality. Avoid."
"Paid top money for bottom rate suite, they sent out 2 independent companies (who they are paying, so not really that independent). They both repeated the "dress your seats" like parrots. The local upholsterer who looked at it said it is made with the cheapest of materials, we paid £2000 so expected something half decent. 8 months on, it looks like something off Gumtree for £250 . Beware you don't get what you pay for it is cheap rubbish and I intend to pubilsise this fact wherever and whenever I can"
"Archie range DO NOT BUY.... you will be left with the seam pulling apart and a clear viable line down the middle of the chair/sofa. Harvey’s will declare it is ‘no manufacturing fault’. Lovely sofa however terrible design flaw in the design. Shame to have such poor customer service with a seemingly reputable company."
"BE CAREFUL - CHECK THE WRITTEN DELIVERY DATE IS THE SAME AS QUOTED BY THE SALESMAN! I ordered a corner sofa from Harvey's Birstall in February 2018. I was quoted a delivery period of 10-12 weeks by the salesman in the store. I was very reluctant to sign up to this because i was taking possession of a new apartment 3wks later. After reluctantly accepting the 10-12wks i signed the paperwork for the order. I put the 2 week slot in my diary to ensure i would be available to accept delivery. I chased up my delivery on the 10week mark and was told they did not have a date when my order was due in. I question this bearing in mind it should be due. After 12 weeks i had received no contact from Harveys so i called again only to be told that my order would be delivered around 14weeks after my order date. I was advised to check my order paperwork and there, 3 pages in, on an unsigned page was the delivery period of 14 weeks. Yes - i should have checked this. I checked the order details but this info was contained on a totally different page to the order, delivery address, specific delivery details etc. I had a salesman sat in front of me telling me 10-12. Seriously annoyed. Feeling misled."
"The worst company I have ever had the misfortune to deal with."
"We bought 2. X2 prezzo settees within a month it had sagged where we sat making it look scruffy and uncomfortable to sit in a different position ,they are fixed cushions so you can’t plump them up . An engineer was called out he told us it was normal that due to changes in the foam used it wasn’t as solid .if you want a comfortable good looking settee DONT BUY THIS ONE"
"Just taken delivery of a rovina marble dining table and six chairs ,very pleased with service , product , delivery ,and esembly. Took a long time from ordering to delivery but this was told to us at the time so no fault of Harvey’s all in all very pleased with experience ,"
"When we Brought 2 2 seater sofa we told them we live on the 2nd floor they said no problem had them delivered last October one got damage beyond repair .They offered 2 replacement which was great but before they would deliver them they ask me to sign a waiver, so if they got damage on delivery it would be down to me which I refused as it was their responsibility to deliver the items in one piece.Went to the shop on 5/04/2018 and spoke to manager who then e mailed customer service and ask them to ring me . Well today is the 10/04/2017 and I am still waiting for this to be resolved"
"i purchased this large corner sofa THE GUVNOR SUITE in fabric,however i soon found out i was expecting a baby and decided that we would like to have leather instead. We therefore went direct to Harvey store in Dundee and enquired about getting the same sofa but in leather. We were told yes but it was only available in red/ wine colour but apart from that it was the same. It cost more totalling just under £3000 Sometime later we took deliver of the sofa and a single chair to match. The sofa was smaller than the fabric but as we were now new parents never bothered to pursue this further we were just delighted with this beautiful sofa. 11months passed and i noticed some scratches on the sofa, i was disappointed thought perhaps we caused some accidental damage. by the time the sofa was 13months old it became apparent that these scratch like marks weren't that and were infact the sofa beginning to peel. furniture obbusman have today returned there decision to me and said that there is no case against Harveys as they cannot prove what i cleaned the sofa with. I am now in talks with Citizens Advice Scotland and trading standards, along with my insurance company. i will take this further. this has been nearly a year of absolute stress and upset, i am still currently paying for this on finance. I am paying for something that is broken and continues to get worse, i will post pictures here if it allows and n any forums i can so that others are making an informed choice of where to make purchases and how to resolve any disputes. I will keep othersupdated of any outcome. It is a beautiful sofa if it weren't peeling."
Harveysfurniture is rated 1.58 based on 40 reviews