Harveysfurniture Reviews

25% of reviewers recommend Harveysfurniture

How would you rate Harveysfurniture?

24 reviews
Review and raise up to £2.00
Mcconnell

You've raised
£1.26 for charity!

Read & write reviews about Harveysfurniture in our app We'll donate to charity for every review written
"We bought 2. X2 prezzo settees within a month it had sagged where we sat making it look scruffy and uncomfortable to sit in a different position ,they are fixed cushions so you can’t plump them up . An engineer was called out he told us it was normal that due to changes in the foam used it wasn’t as solid .if you want a comfortable good looking settee DONT BUY THIS ONE"
Mrs Courtney
Verified Reviewer
"Just taken delivery of a rovina marble dining table and six chairs ,very pleased with service , product , delivery ,and esembly. Took a long time from ordering to delivery but this was told to us at the time so no fault of Harvey’s all in all very pleased with experience ,"
Colin
"When we Brought 2 2 seater sofa we told them we live on the 2nd floor they said no problem had them delivered last October one got damage beyond repair .They offered 2 replacement which was great but before they would deliver them they ask me to sign a waiver, so if they got damage on delivery it would be down to me which I refused as it was their responsibility to deliver the items in one piece.Went to the shop on 5/04/2018 and spoke to manager who then e mailed customer service and ask them to ring me . Well today is the 10/04/2017 and I am still waiting for this to be resolved"
"i purchased this large corner sofa THE GUVNOR SUITE in fabric,however i soon found out i was expecting a baby and decided that we would like to have leather instead. We therefore went direct to Harvey store in Dundee and enquired about getting the same sofa but in leather. We were told yes but it was only available in red/ wine colour but apart from that it was the same. It cost more totalling just under £3000 Sometime later we took deliver of the sofa and a single chair to match. The sofa was smaller than the fabric but as we were now new parents never bothered to pursue this further we were just delighted with this beautiful sofa. 11months passed and i noticed some scratches on the sofa, i was disappointed thought perhaps we caused some accidental damage. by the time the sofa was 13months old it became apparent that these scratch like marks weren't that and were infact the sofa beginning to peel. furniture obbusman have today returned there decision to me and said that there is no case against Harveys as they cannot prove what i cleaned the sofa with. I am now in talks with Citizens Advice Scotland and trading standards, along with my insurance company. i will take this further. this has been nearly a year of absolute stress and upset, i am still currently paying for this on finance. I am paying for something that is broken and continues to get worse, i will post pictures here if it allows and n any forums i can so that others are making an informed choice of where to make purchases and how to resolve any disputes. I will keep othersupdated of any outcome. It is a beautiful sofa if it weren't peeling."
"Still waiting for my £50 refund, promised three weeks ago as they messed up the delivery of my chairs. Pathetic customer service"
"I was warned about harveys customer service and delivery estimates by various people and boy they haven't let me down. I ordered a sofa on line mid December and its knocking on to march's door and still im without a sofa. I have called harveys and the reply from the service team was "it isn't showing in as being ready for delivery, it could be in by the end of march or the month after" then promptly ended the call. I seriously wouldn't recommend going here if you need your furniture within 6 months, very poor"
Shafiq
"Good customer service"
"Our 4 month old sofa has a recognised manufacturing fault by way of the all the fibre filling in the seats/backs and arms have collapsed to the point of the wood is evident on the arms underneath. An independent guy cam to look at it and has reported that it is a manufacturing fault (we have 2 of these sofas but the second one does not get much use so suspect the same thing will happen to that one too). Harveys have contacted me today and they want to repair as under the consumer rights 2015, however I would have liked them to take it back/return it. Apparently they are going to come to our house (costing me personal time as we both work full time) completely dismantle the sofa, stuff it again and reassemble in my living room, on my new rug and floor? I am not sure what other people think but I don't think this is acceptable. The sofa is a 'Luxury' Reid Prezzo Leather. Please do not purchase one of these! I did put a review on the sofa on line with Harvey but they would not up load it!"
Lissa Maria Short
"Do not pay cash.... I had to wait 4 months for a cheque, 50 phone calls later, 3 visits to the Colchester store not only that I delivered the chairs to them as it was 3 weeks for them to collect LIES,LIES and more LIES from both manager and customer services"
Lissa Maria Short
"Do not pay cash..... I did and when I needed to return the chairs x4 due to being faulty, I had to wait 4 months for a cheque and about fifty phone calls later and 3 visits to the store itself "colchester branch" I finally got my money. oh yer also took back 4 bloody great chairs and delivered them to the store as they said it could take up to 3 weeks for collection what a nightmare"
"Very poor quality upholstering so chairs were rejected,promised new chairs but same Two faulty chairs redelivered again rejected now fighting for a refund which I'm told "Harveys don't give refunds" In future I will go to that well known Swedish outlet for better quality and service !"
"Beautiful furniture dleivered on time. One item one was marked but they are rectifying the issues."
Nichola Boyer
"I purchased a sofa recently and it was delivered last month. It came in perfect condition and the delivery people assembled and sited it to my satisfaction. I bought the insurance and was given a free car kit for the sofa with this to treat any stains that might occur. The sofa is hard wearing and has even withstood our dog jumping on it."
Derek Ward
"I went into the Coventry store at the Alvis Retail Park. I hate going into furniture shops because the staff keep bothering you, but that didn't happen. Had a good look around the store and spoke to a chap named Jay. He was fantastically helpful and knowledgeable, we got a great price and interest free credit. All painless and without a pushy sales guy. i would go there again."
Stephen Foster
"Very helpful staff. Nice product."
"Customer service should be renamed Customer disservice.Speke retail store staff great"
"Bunch of Liars and cheaters....Stay away from Harveys and from Nottingham store. I ordered an item 6 months back for it to be delivered in 2 months. Paid 2.5K in full for a dinning table and a coffee table...No response yet. everytime I call either the store manager and sales person is away or on holiday.. they said its suppliers mistake for late delivery. But I paid to Nottingham Harveys not the supplier. Still no one responds on the phone or calls back saying its going to be late.... still the item not delivered after 6 months. only god knows when.... You will lose your Money patience and everything.....Called the store 100 times no reply....They will get your money and thats all. product will never be delivered."
"Bought 3&2 seat Reid Embankment sofas in May 2016. Delivered late in July2016 despite paying exorbitant delivery charge. After 8 months of very light use, the padding in one of the arms has shifted meaning it might as well not be there. Harveys sent out a Homecall rep who agreed the padding has shifted. Strangely Harveys don't think this is a manufacturing defect even though the rep offered to arrange a repair. I've rejected the items as not of merchantable quality and unfit for the purpose for which they were sold and am requesting a full refund. Watch this space!!"
Oirector, Wrong Orders
Verified Reviewer
"Do not use this company. A simple order for a rug back in the beginning of Jan, wrong item sent. Still trying to resolve issue and have now given up on replacement just want my money back. Customer service is a joke, when you phone customer services tell you to ring sales, sales tell you to ring customer services. Tell you someone will call you back...... nobody bothers. Have been promised new order, still no one has call to discuss delivery. Have even emailed managing director who has not responded. Now gone through credit card company to get refund. Take a look at their Facebook page, comment are comment regarding bad customer service,wrong orders, no compensation, people awaiting refunds which it says will be 30 days (bank transfer takes 3 days) people still waiting."
Harveysfurniture is rated 1.92 based on 24 reviews