Harveysfurniture Reviews

21% of reviewers recommend Harveysfurniture

How would you rate Harveysfurniture ?

"Paid top money for bottom rate suite, they sent out 2 independent companies (who they are paying, so not really that independent). They both repeated the "dress your seats" like parrots. The local upholsterer who looked at it said it is made with the cheapest of materials, we paid £2000 so expected something half decent. 8 months on, it looks like something off Gumtree for £250 . Beware you don't get what you pay for it is cheap rubbish and I intend to pubilsise this fact wherever and whenever I can"
"Archie range DO NOT BUY.... you will be left with the seam pulling apart and a clear viable line down the middle of the chair/sofa. Harvey’s will declare it is ‘no manufacturing fault’. Lovely sofa however terrible design flaw in the design. Shame to have such poor customer service with a seemingly reputable company."
"BE CAREFUL - CHECK THE WRITTEN DELIVERY DATE IS THE SAME AS QUOTED BY THE SALESMAN! I ordered a corner sofa from Harvey's Birstall in February 2018. I was quoted a delivery period of 10-12 weeks by the salesman in the store. I was very reluctant to sign up to this because i was taking possession of a new apartment 3wks later. After reluctantly accepting the 10-12wks i signed the paperwork for the order. I put the 2 week slot in my diary to ensure i would be available to accept delivery. I chased up my delivery on the 10week mark and was told they did not have a date when my order was due in. I question this bearing in mind it should be due. After 12 weeks i had received no contact from Harveys so i called again only to be told that my order would be delivered around 14weeks after my order date. I was advised to check my order paperwork and there, 3 pages in, on an unsigned page was the delivery period of 14 weeks. Yes - i should have checked this. I checked the order details but this info was contained on a totally different page to the order, delivery address, specific delivery details etc. I had a salesman sat in front of me telling me 10-12. Seriously annoyed. Feeling misled."
"The worst company I have ever had the misfortune to deal with."
"We bought 2. X2 prezzo settees within a month it had sagged where we sat making it look scruffy and uncomfortable to sit in a different position ,they are fixed cushions so you can’t plump them up . An engineer was called out he told us it was normal that due to changes in the foam used it wasn’t as solid .if you want a comfortable good looking settee DONT BUY THIS ONE"
Mrs Courtney
Verified Reviewer
"Just taken delivery of a rovina marble dining table and six chairs ,very pleased with service , product , delivery ,and esembly. Took a long time from ordering to delivery but this was told to us at the time so no fault of Harvey’s all in all very pleased with experience ,"
Colin
"When we Brought 2 2 seater sofa we told them we live on the 2nd floor they said no problem had them delivered last October one got damage beyond repair .They offered 2 replacement which was great but before they would deliver them they ask me to sign a waiver, so if they got damage on delivery it would be down to me which I refused as it was their responsibility to deliver the items in one piece.Went to the shop on 5/04/2018 and spoke to manager who then e mailed customer service and ask them to ring me . Well today is the 10/04/2017 and I am still waiting for this to be resolved"
"i purchased this large corner sofa THE GUVNOR SUITE in fabric,however i soon found out i was expecting a baby and decided that we would like to have leather instead. We therefore went direct to Harvey store in Dundee and enquired about getting the same sofa but in leather. We were told yes but it was only available in red/ wine colour but apart from that it was the same. It cost more totalling just under £3000 Sometime later we took deliver of the sofa and a single chair to match. The sofa was smaller than the fabric but as we were now new parents never bothered to pursue this further we were just delighted with this beautiful sofa. 11months passed and i noticed some scratches on the sofa, i was disappointed thought perhaps we caused some accidental damage. by the time the sofa was 13months old it became apparent that these scratch like marks weren't that and were infact the sofa beginning to peel. furniture obbusman have today returned there decision to me and said that there is no case against Harveys as they cannot prove what i cleaned the sofa with. I am now in talks with Citizens Advice Scotland and trading standards, along with my insurance company. i will take this further. this has been nearly a year of absolute stress and upset, i am still currently paying for this on finance. I am paying for something that is broken and continues to get worse, i will post pictures here if it allows and n any forums i can so that others are making an informed choice of where to make purchases and how to resolve any disputes. I will keep othersupdated of any outcome. It is a beautiful sofa if it weren't peeling."
"Still waiting for my £50 refund, promised three weeks ago as they messed up the delivery of my chairs. Pathetic customer service"
"I was warned about harveys customer service and delivery estimates by various people and boy they haven't let me down. I ordered a sofa on line mid December and its knocking on to march's door and still im without a sofa. I have called harveys and the reply from the service team was "it isn't showing in as being ready for delivery, it could be in by the end of march or the month after" then promptly ended the call. I seriously wouldn't recommend going here if you need your furniture within 6 months, very poor"
Shafiq
"Good customer service"
"Our 4 month old sofa has a recognised manufacturing fault by way of the all the fibre filling in the seats/backs and arms have collapsed to the point of the wood is evident on the arms underneath. An independent guy cam to look at it and has reported that it is a manufacturing fault (we have 2 of these sofas but the second one does not get much use so suspect the same thing will happen to that one too). Harveys have contacted me today and they want to repair as under the consumer rights 2015, however I would have liked them to take it back/return it. Apparently they are going to come to our house (costing me personal time as we both work full time) completely dismantle the sofa, stuff it again and reassemble in my living room, on my new rug and floor? I am not sure what other people think but I don't think this is acceptable. The sofa is a 'Luxury' Reid Prezzo Leather. Please do not purchase one of these! I did put a review on the sofa on line with Harvey but they would not up load it!"
Lissa Maria Short
"Do not pay cash.... I had to wait 4 months for a cheque, 50 phone calls later, 3 visits to the Colchester store not only that I delivered the chairs to them as it was 3 weeks for them to collect LIES,LIES and more LIES from both manager and customer services"
Lissa Maria Short
"Do not pay cash..... I did and when I needed to return the chairs x4 due to being faulty, I had to wait 4 months for a cheque and about fifty phone calls later and 3 visits to the store itself "colchester branch" I finally got my money. oh yer also took back 4 bloody great chairs and delivered them to the store as they said it could take up to 3 weeks for collection what a nightmare"
"Very poor quality upholstering so chairs were rejected,promised new chairs but same Two faulty chairs redelivered again rejected now fighting for a refund which I'm told "Harveys don't give refunds" In future I will go to that well known Swedish outlet for better quality and service !"
"Beautiful furniture dleivered on time. One item one was marked but they are rectifying the issues."
Nichola Boyer
"I purchased a sofa recently and it was delivered last month. It came in perfect condition and the delivery people assembled and sited it to my satisfaction. I bought the insurance and was given a free car kit for the sofa with this to treat any stains that might occur. The sofa is hard wearing and has even withstood our dog jumping on it."
Derek Ward
"I went into the Coventry store at the Alvis Retail Park. I hate going into furniture shops because the staff keep bothering you, but that didn't happen. Had a good look around the store and spoke to a chap named Jay. He was fantastically helpful and knowledgeable, we got a great price and interest free credit. All painless and without a pushy sales guy. i would go there again."
Stephen Foster
"Very helpful staff. Nice product."
Harveysfurniture is rated 1.79 based on 28 reviews