Harveysfurniture Reviews

4% of reviewers recommend Harveysfurniture

Tell us how Harveysfurniture made you happy

Own Driver, Courier
Over a month
Over a week
customer service
Returns & Refunds
Difficult
refunds process
"RIDICULOUS CUSTOMER SERVICES Hi I just rang Harvey’s customer services to find out if I’m still in warranty and if so how long have I got remaining. To cut a long story short the customer services assistant (Karen) was not ready to answer my questions instead she wanted to answer me with her questions instead! She was trying to say she can’t tell me how long I have left on my warranty until I have not had a independent report done on the sofas...apparently this the process/procedure when I questioned her why. I then asked to speak to her manager and she said she cannot do that either. I then asked if could to perhaps speak to another colleague of hers, she can’t do that either. in my opinion very sad to see Karen drag Harvey’s reputation down like that...I’ve dealt with Harveys customer services before including there social media team and they have been very helpful. Karen was just the opposite today. (Sorry if this review is posted twice)"
Are you Harveysfurniture? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"RIDICULOUS CUSTOMER SERVICES Hi I just rang Harvey’s customer services to find out if I’m still in warranty and if so how long have I got remaining. To cut a long story short the customer services assistant (Karen) was not ready to answer my questions instead she wanted to answer me with her questions instead! She was trying to say she can’t tell me how long I have left on my warranty until I have not had a independent report done on the sofas...apparently this the process/procedure when I questioned her why. I then asked to speak to her manager and she said she cannot do that either. I then asked if could to perhaps speak to another colleague of hers, she can’t do that either. in my opinion very sad to see Karen drag Harvey’s reputation down like that...I’ve dealt with Harveys customer services before including there social media team and they have been very helpful. Karen was just the opposite today."
"If there is a problem with your sofa you have to pay an independent company (they say) to check it then they say its not a manufacturing fault so more money wasted. We will never ever ship there again."
"Chair is not right and your customer service is absolutely terrible only had sofa and chair for five days can't get it seen to for another fortnight absolutely disgusting. Your willing to take the money but not take care of your customers"
"Dusgusted We had our corner sofa delivered today which has several faults went to the store told they couldn’t do anything and was put on hold for an hour for customer services we wanted the sofa returned and a refund as unusable and was miss informed about recliners but will not do this we have to wait weeks for a techinicial to give his opinion until then we have nowhere to sit as we were told not to use absolutely disgusted never shop there again will be taking this further"
"Do NOT USE Harvey's, I repeat DO NOT BUY from Harvey's. I ordered by sofa in January and was told I'll get it before April. I received my sofa in May. After delivery I realised that the foot stool did not come with it. I rang customer services and at first they said it's on record that it has been delivered. I persisted that I haven't received it, then they checked again only to be told that it is in the distribution centre and no one had arranged for it to be delivered to me. I had to wait after several phone calls, at one point I was on the phone for 3hours and was charged by my service provider. I was told to pick it up in a different store closet to my house, but they never delivered it to that store on the day I was told to collect it. The manager from the Manchester store rang me only to aggreviate me and undermine my intelligence. He said he wouldn't give me a refund that I requested for the foot stool and they would rather charge me for Harvey's failure to deliver a foot stool which I am paying for with their finance company My sofas look like they are 2years old already and I've only had them 2months."
"I would not order from Harvey’s again. Placed my order in feb and told by sales assistant that it would be delivered end of April beginning of May I asked if this was definitely the case as if it was later I would order from another shop to be told yes beginning of May at the latest. When I phoned store end of April to be told no it is 16 weeks from date of purchase spoke to manager at Solihull store who told me that if I wanted to cancel the order I would loose 20 per cent of total order, and he wasn’t interested in the fact that I had been mislead and the sales assistant clearly lied to get sale. Then I had phone call to arrange delivery for 19th June when I asked to speak to a manager apparently they cannot escalate my call to manager as they don’t deal with problems. So there is no customer loyalty they are only interested in the money. I will never recommend them"
"Failed deliveries and defective… Failed deliveries and defective products. First time I wasn’t notified of delivery. First notification was when delivery driver called 45mins away, when I was at work. When I rang they lied saying and said I was and voice mail which was a untrue. Second delivery(scheduled) never arrived after I took day off work. I was only informed when I called at the end of the delivery due time. Once delivery finally arrived I was missing chairs with my delivery. Table had notable factory defects and various scrapes. Scandalous service. Awaiting a response from customer service team as shop saying they don’t know."
"I just got off the phone with a customer service agent called Kaisar Farooq (Wednesday 14th May 2019 @09:40) who is the worst agent I have ever had the displeasure of dealing with. First, he was struggling to find my order and needed me to repeat the order number, which is forgivable. Then, I asked him very simply "Do I have warranty?" to which he responded "what do you need it for?" I told him its irrelevant and I want to know whether or not I have warranty. He then said "No"! Unbelievable!!! I asked him is there no such thing as a manufacturer's warranty??? He then put me on hold to check the manufacturer's warrant and confirmed there is 12 months manufacturer's warranty. I then asked him whether or not I had extended warranty and he put me on hold again and confirmed I do have extended warranty!!! And guess what...it was 5 years extended warranty! So he lied to me when he said "No" I don't have warranty with my purchase. I told him the recliner is no longer working and I would like it repaired. He then told me that is a wear and tear issue and my warranty only covers me for accidental damage! He said I would need to pay £50 for an independent specialist to have a look at my couch and confirm if its a manufacturer's defect or wear and tear. He said if its wear and tear I would not be reimbursed the £50 assessment and my couch would not be repaired through my extended warranty cover. I kept telling him he is argumentative and rude and he needs to stop interrupting me when I speak. At no point was I abusive or swear or even raise my voice but I was feeling extremely agitated! I tried to give him feedback because I was fuming (again I never raised my voice or swore) but he then played dumb and said "hello, hello" before he hung up on me! I immediately called back customer services to complain and the female customer service agent Danielle logged my complaint and she even confirmed that my warranty covers me for a defective recliner!!! She said all I need to do is call their claims company called Guardsman who process these type of claims, which is covers defective recliners. Kaisar Farooq lied to me several times when he said "No" I don't have warranty and defective recliners are associated with wear and tear, which he claimed is not covered under my extended warranty cover. The man has no business working for Harvey's or any customer facing role! If I wasn't persistent and if I didn't continue to challenge his knowledge and answers I would be stuck with a defective couch having to pay out of my own pocket for a repair. God only knows how many other people he has misinformed and lied to in the past. Thankfully, Harvey's record telephone conversations so they can review the conversation and confirm the lies he tried to feed me and how his behaviour and conduct was unacceptable and far removed from Harvey's otherwise reputable service. I logged a complaint with the customer service agent Danielle and I am hopeful I will be contacted with a resolution, otherwise I vow never to shop at Harvey's again just so I have peace of mind that I would never have to deal with Kaisar Farooq again!!!!"
"Avoid Harveys at all cost - don't deserve the one star given. You'd think with high street stores closing due to on line sales Harveys would be more professional than they are. Actual service in the store I cannot complain about but I have been waiting over 16 weeks for a 3 and 2 seater sofas to be delivered. I was contacted with a date for delivery so made arrangements for my old furniture to be taken away and booked a day off work to be available to receive the goods. Only to be told less than a week later the date had been changed. This is how they work - they receive a date for when the furniture should reach the depot but apparently this is only a guesstimate date so they ring the customer and provide a delivery date - knowing full well the furniture is not at the depot - if the depot delivery date changes they contact the customer again a reschedule the delivery still not knowing if the furniture will be delivered to the depot or not - this can go on until you get the furniture - why do Harveys think they can mess customers around like this. They should not give a delivery date until they know for sure the furniture is at the depot. I can tell you if you've been inconvienved in this way the furniture is held at concept logistics OR XPO logistics lutterworth - LE17 4XN - telephone number 01455 858988 - maybe if every customer that has been messed around rang this company they might try and improve the way they work - as I say avoid Harveys like the plague -the customer service / delivery team are if no help either - disgusting why to treat customers"
"At the front end of the process it was no problem. The store staff we friendly and polite and knowledgeable. Purhcased/arranged delivery of a 3 and 2 seater sofa with a 4 week leadtime (4 weeks is good). 4 weeks later - they delivered when they said they would - the 3 seater was delivered/assembled ok. The 2 seater however did not - they sent two right hand facing portions instead of a left and a right hand side portion. Delivery folks were suitably embarrased and promptly blamed their warehouse for the fault. Was told to keep the mismatched 2 seater as I would get re-delivery quicker if I kept it. Phoned customer services the next day and was told to call back in 48hrs for an answer regarding re-delivery. Phoned and got through after about 40 mins to be told that I had to phone local branch to arrange re-delivery. Phoned local branch and got told that the guy dealing who deals with this sort of thing was off and would be in next day. Phoned next day and was told re-delivery would be Saturday. I came down from Edinburgh (2hrs + in car) to take this - only to find that they had delivered 2 right hand modules again. Was told they would ring me to re-arrange for the 3rd time. Sent 2 letters of complaint to their e-mail address - these were ignored. Did not hear anything back from them at all and I had to phone up again 4 days later to get another date for delivery - this time for Monday (I had to take another day off work). Missing item was delivered, but delivery guys were rude and made a big fuss of taking the extra item left over - saying that they had not been told to pick anything up. Overall - 9 weeks from start to finish. Total hassle, inept customer services and poor communication. Harveys - you need to sort out your logistics tail/comms - they are shockingly poor. Will not touch your products with a barge pole and will be broadcasting my experience to everyone I know."
"My wife and I purchased 2 x 2 seater manual recline leather settees from Harveys, the seats "sank" and the settees were so shoddily made they were deemed not fit for purpose by Homeserve, the supposed independent inspector. We were offered a full refund or exchange by Harveys, presuming it was a "one off Friday afternoon job", we settled for the exchange. We chose a different settee, with an electric recline, being assured by the salesman that the seats could not "sink" as they were supported by the electric motors, after we explained to him we both suffered from back problems, and needed firm seats. Within a matter of weeks the seats had sunk, there was a dark mark on the arm of the settee, the recline mechanism on one side is so noisy we have to pause the television, and the two back sections, which should be removable, are not. Whilst not being manufacturing faults, they are all design faults which is part of the manufacturing process, and need to be addressed, Harveys don't want to know and now the Furniture Ombudsman has sided with one of it's benefactors, even though it is supposed to be impartial. We have a £1000 worth of rubbish sitting in our lounge, we have had two leather suites previously, both lasting for approximately 8 years each, with no problems at all, and outlasting 2 teenage boys. Shame on you Harveys, we are spreading the word to boycott your products, and hopefully this review will help that cause."
"My wife and I purchased 2 x 2 seater manual recline leather settees from Harveys, the seats "sank" and the settees were so shoddily made they were deemed not fit for purpose by Homeserve, the supposed independent inspector. We were offered a full refund or exchange by Harveys, presuming it was a "one off Friday afternoon job", we settled for the exchange. We chose a different settee, with an electric recline, being assured by the salesman that the seats could not "sink" as they were supported by the electric motors, after we explained to him we both suffered from back problems, and needed firm seats. Within a matter of weeks the seats had sunk, there was a dark mark on the arm of the settee, the recline mechanism on one side is so noisy we have to pause the television, and the two back sections, which should be removable, are not. Whilst not being manufacturing faults, they are all design faults which is part of the manufacturing process, and need to be addressed, Harveys don't want to know and now the Furniture Ombudsman has sided with one of it's benefactors, even though it is supposed to be impartial. We have a £1000 worth of rubbish sitting in our lounge, we have had two leather suites previously, both lasting for approximately 8 years each, and outlasting 2 teenage boys. Shame on you Harveys, we are telling everybody we know to boycott your products, and I hope this review will also help to stop you selling badly designed/made products."
"My mother got a sofa and chair from Harvey's in March. They said eight weeks and it came in that time the two delivery men fetched it in, put it together and took the boxes away. There was no deliver charge of any kind."
"Does not deserve one star but have to use it to write the review........... Suite arrived April 2018 had a tear in the leather which was fixed, by January 2019 the recliner on the 3 seater would not work was told needed complete new mechanism and it would take 12 weeks for it to be delivered, waited 16 weeks for this to arrive only to be told the wrong one had been sent and I would have to wait another 12 weeks............ rang customer services to make a complaint was told by the agent (who wasn’t interested whatsoever) I could not make a complaint until the suite had been repaired🤔🤔🤔. So by the time the new mechanism arrives I will have been unable to use one half of my settee for over 12 months. Take my advice do NOT buy anything from Harvey’s shoddy workmanship and poor uninterested customer service. On a positive note the engineer who came was most apologetic even though it was no fault of his, perhaps the customer service agent should take a leaf out of his book."
"Do not shop at Harvey’s- I repeat DO NOT! This is the most unprofessional shop I have ever purchased a sofa from. I’ve had no communication from Harvey’s and sofa is already nearly 4 weeks late, called many times with the reply being “we have no idea what’s wrong” spoke to a manager and was promised he would call back the next day... still waiting 3 weeks later. Was offered compensation of £50 to spend in store(why would I want to do that?) called customer services and was offered £59 apparently 1% for every week that it’s late as a good will gesture- a good will gesture is not getting something back that your entitled to anyway. Again DO NOT shop at Harvey’s"
"Ordered a sofa and chair, was given a 10 week time frame it actually came in 13 weeks. Sofa came today and although i can’t complain about that, the men that delivered the sofa have left oily footprints on my carpets!!! Just complained to Harvey’s and they offered me £50 compensation. That’s not going to replace 3 carpets! Fuming. Def would not recommend"
"12 weeks and still no delivery, been arranged twice and cancelled by the delivery company ??? Harvey's say they can't contact DHL , how do you run your business????"
"I ordered two leather sofas in early January, but never did get to take delivery. I was given dates in April, but the furniture never arrived and I heard various stories as to why. The store seemed to do their best, customer services seemed to try hard to help, but the facts remained that I had no furniture! Lots of different stories and finally I asked for a full refund, which took a while but I eventually received. Such a shame. Nice looking furniture, too."
"Not even worth 1 star ordered suite and a chair in January was told 6 to 8 weeks delivery still waiting . Staff not helpful at all . Rang to cancel order took over 48 hours before someone rang to say it would be another 24 hours before we got our deposit back and it wasn't the full amount as they took the price of 2 sprays off which they had given us for free Harvey's you are a joke"
Harveysfurniture is rated 1.18 based on 290 reviews