Harveysfurniture Reviews

Harveysfurniture have a Customer Happiness Grade of D. Customers are happy with their prices, delivery and customer service but are unhappy with their refunds. Full Insights

11% of reviewers recommend Harveysfurniture
11AM
11AM
Own Driver, Courier

How would you rate Harveysfurniture?

"Not impressed in the end. Excellent choice I only went into store to for a nosey. Why not. Was blown away with the range. Was not harassed by staff, which I find a brilliant way to approach customers service. just asked to let them know if I would like any advice help. Found a sofa set I really liked a kinman. I didn't buy there an then. But took time to think about it. And allowed myself 24 hours, and bought online. And also found site very easy to negotiate. Will see in 3 weeks. If all is to expectations. Sad to say they let me down. Failed to deliver sofa, sent only the chair. Then i was completely fobbed off by the customer services. As to when I would receive sofa. It appears, that nobody in harveys. Are capable of finding out where your furniture is.. According to them. Once it leaves their warehouse. They have no clue as to where it is. Until its delivered or returned. Apparently it has to return to them. Before they can send out again. Currently it' is in Warrington awaiting return to there head office. When this happens. They will sort a day to re deliver so this means it will be resent to Warrington?? Then onto me. I am very disappointed in there approach to customer service. I was even made. To feel responsible, for there incompetence. And there's nothing I can do until at least 24/10 as I have to wait for them to rearrange a delivery date. Not impressed at all. Even had to buy a chair so my daughter is able to sit down as we was advised not get rid of the old sofas before delivery. On a plus side the chair is great, real comfy. But i think i will shop elsewhere in the future."
Are you Harveysfurniture? No one is perfect. Reply to this negative review and show your potential customers that you value the feedback Harveysfurniture receives and that when things do go wrong you do your best to put things right. Reply Now
"Let down significantly. Ordered new sofa on 19th Aug and told in writing it would be 9 weeks. Announced in 8th week that it would be 13 weeks. Not at all happy. Don't seem to be doing anything to press the supplier either. If you are expecting a sofa for Christmas.........."
"Ordered 4 dining chairs for £255 from Lincoln store. Turned out to be self assembly of poor quality and uneven chair legs. Store refuse to take them back and refund money refering me instead to customer services who then refered me onto a servicing company who will come out to assess them in several weeks time. First and very last purchase from Harveys! Unbelievable that a major national firm can sell such rubbish in the first place and then compound the problem with equally rubbish customer service."
"I purchased 2 x 2 seaters from Harveys Waterlooville in May 2018 and had it delivered 1st September. The sofas were very confortable in the showroom but when they delivered them they are harder than a park bench. When I went back to the store they advised me to contact their customer service department as sometimes they have a fault with the filling. The person who answered said they are all hard and in 3 months they will become soft. I said I was not advised that they will be totally different. After insisting on my part, they reluctantly agreed to send an independent upholster to have a look, this person said that they were filled correctly and agreed that they were hard and said that sometimes they use a different filling to the one in the showroom. I was not advised of this when I order it otherwise I would not have bought them. The assistant was more concerned about me taking the extra warranty than advising me of this. I should have been told " the sofas you are ordering may not be the same as the ones you have just tried as the filling may vary and you can receive very hard ones" , but he didnt so I feel cheated. The independent uphoster asked me if I had some fat friends I could invite them round to soften the seats!! I now have to wait 3 months and I could call them again to see what they can do but I dont expect anything as the customer service person on the phone was not sympathetic at all. In the meantime my back is suffering."
"We bought sofa from Harvey in Morecambe store 4 years ago now, cost £2500. just the other day I lost a key down the side of said sofa, so no joy in retrieving it, so had no choice apart from making a little hole in the bottom of sofa in the black meshy type material, after looking in said hole with torch I was amazed by what I discovered....... Not only cheap chipboard.... But the back of the sofa inside is CARDBOARD, no wonder as seen on TV when a sofa catches fire it goes up so quickly, now I know why BLOODY CARDBOARD,... £2500 FOR CARDBOARD. Not happy and will tell everyone I no. I never knew cardboard is fire retardant as my sofas label says sofa is fire retardant. Will be writing to Harveys directly."
"Buying it was not an issue, delivery was over a month late but still not a problem, we read the instructions and no where did it say hand washing was not allowed, so we hand washed in luke warm water the seat cushions once 7 months after we had the sofas, they started failing apart about 2 weeks after that, contacted Harvey's who sent someone out, he asked us had we washed them and told him hand washed once which he said was fine, Harvey's 3 weeks later denied any liability saying you washed them, i told them it did not say not too, they said yes but it didn't say you could so we are not liable , still in its 12 month warranty and have got a useless suite (2 sofas) costing £1800, never again will we buy from them, customer service was also a disgrace, the operator said fine when we said we would shop elsewhere!!!!!!"
"Sales Order Number: 41322339 I placed an order for kitchen table and chairs back in May 2018, The order was suppose to be delivered on 13th July instead it got delivered on 15th September 2018. The person who took order (in store) confirmed this product will be assembled and will be delivered by 13th July (day before my guests were due to arrive). They delayed it for over a month, I tried cancelling order through my credit card but they assured me that they will compensate me (but their policy is not to disclose by how much). Finally I received my table and chairs but they are lying in kitchen corner in 4 boxes and need assembling. And I have been ordered 9% compensation totaling to £19 (i.e. the maximum they can offer). I have called them 50 times, sent them emails SO please everyone you can learn three things from my experience. Dont fall for their compensation offer it will only amount to 9% (no hidden secret anymore) Buy using your credit card as you can cancel through them and they will claim your money from the Harveys Plus make sure if they delay, you cancel straight away through your credit card (dont fall for their false promises) Total WASTE of TIME for me. Glad I bought my house furniture from furniture village!"
"I was really happy with the service I had off one of your member of staff named Alan at your metro centre store , Alan really helped us choose our suite which we are very happy with We. have already had a suite from harveys before and we had our suite for 12 year and we had no trouble with it that's why we returned to harveys as the service and after care is so professional."
"2 deliveries not turned up don’t know where our item is and no apology won’t use them again stay clear your hard earnt money spends better elsewhere"
"When ordering the sofa the Sales lady said it came with 2 extra cushions... in fact this wasn't the case. But as she had made a mistake they would honour it. Ordered the sofa and 2 extra cushions.. waited 7 weeks for delivery.... arrived with no cushions. Told me that the order had been cancelled and I would have to wait another 7 weeks for the extra cushions. Told me they have no way of contacting the company to get them any quicker. Appalling!"
"Misold product that the leather seat puddles I was not advised of this. I would not have bought suite will never use Harvey’s again.paul"
"Horrible service. Item arrived damaged. More interested in making me jump through hoops than fixing the problem."
"Long delivery times. Promised 10-13 weeks, took 20 weeks in the end. And 1 of the sofas was broken on delivery but the delivery team insisted on leaving it in our house, they couldn't take it back. Now struggling to get Harvey's to take it back or answer any of our questions."
"While they have decent furniture, their customer service in store and over the phone is the worst I've come across. Purchased a dinning table from these circus clowns, also purchased assembly of the furniture. The delivery persons turned up initially refusing to assemble, then when threatened to call the store agreed to assemble the dinning table, damaged the newly laid wooden floor whilst assembling the dinning table. I asked them what can be done about the damage, told to contact the store to complain, the delivery driver guys asked me to sign a document to acknowledge delivery, which I did. When to the store to raise a complain, the sales person was unable to take the complain, was told I'll need to wait for the manager who was processing a sale, so I waited for close to 40 minutes, 40 minutes later when he finished dealing with the existing customer, he decided to make a phone CALL!! this phone call lasted over 20 minutes and I was really annoyed by this time and made a point out of it. The manager, after eventually coming of the phone said I was being rude and was using abusive language and I will have to contact the customer services direct via email. So I did, the replied just over a week later saying they are unable to do anything about the damage as we signed a form to confirm there wasn't any issues with the delivery or assembly or the product or there was not damage to the property."
"New reclining sofa motor faulty. Two visits from Servico and new motor ordered and fitted, waited 14 weeks from purchase to delivery and then 4 months from fault torectifying fault. Harvey's do not appear to have good after care service. Offered £25 as compensation. Will not shop at Harvey's again."
"Woeful delivery service - I ordered a sofa from them which was already in their warehouse to save time. I was given a delivery date of 31/8. Nobody turns up - no messages, no communication. I call them up and the customer services have no idea what happened and dont know when they can deliver. No gesture to give a loan sofa in the mean time -i have to ask for it and they say they it will take a week to deliver loan sofa.. are you kidding me ! horrible service for the price they make you pay."
"after purchasing a two & three Seater leather sofas we have a flaw in the leather headrest after HomeServe trying on a couple of occasions to get a new one unfortunately they cannot match the colour or grain of the leather. Harvey's have come back and said they will refund our sofas or choose two sofas from their store. All we want is the sofa's we purchased as we liked the look of them. We cannot and would not buy any sofas from Harvey's why would we, also we would have to put more money towards new items which we are not willing to do as we would never buy from Harvey's again. This has been going on for around ten months, we have asked for compensation of £300 and believe this to be a reasonable sum of money, it will then conclude all of this situation, plus having to wait in for HomeServe and several phone calls which I have to say at times a bit confusion for instance I make an appoitment for HomeServe to visit and then a week later get another phone call saying they have the new leather cover for the headrest when can they come to which I reply you have already made an appointment !!!! I hope this makes future customers aware of Harvey's after the sales. Mrs Fewell"
"The quality of the sofa and chairs are absolutely appalling. The foam inside the sofa collapsed within 3 months making it virtually unusable. Customer service was non existent only when I threatened court action did someone contact me. Genuinely you would be better off getting a deck chair than anything from Harveys!"
"DISGUSTING SERVICE. I am a previous customer who they would NOT sent a leather swatch to for a prospective new order unless I actually ordered furniture first!. I grudgingly placed an order and then received the swatch but the colour was not suitable so I cancelled the order as instructed by Harvey's telephone sales staff under the distance selling rules.. I have been told in writing and by several of their staff that my credit card would be refunded within 30 days of my cancellation as per their terms & conditions. However, their terms & conditions do NOT specify this - they in fact they say that refunds will be given AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. It would seem to me that Harvey's are simply trying to 'hang on' to almost £1,300 of my money for as long as possible before refunding it - which is immoral and unethical. I have complained to Harvey's but heard nothing at all from them - and have raised this issue as a dispute with my credit card company too."
"Ordered a new suite after viewing in store from the York store in January 2018 when delivered 12 weeks later it was totally the wrong colour. Harveys accepted it was their fault. Reordered in store again after viewing same suite, "saying that one that colour" , it came 12 weeks later delivery missed it's slot by 2 hours, still the wrong colour. problem ongoing. Not looking forward it, don't need the stress."
Harveysfurniture is rated 1.45 based on 62 reviews