www.handsetrecycle.com Reviews

of reviewers recommend www.handsetrecycle.com

Tell us how www.handsetrecycle.com made you happy
This company will scam you out of a minimum of £20. After their "testing" they will come back with ridiculous reasons why your device is worth 40% of the promised online quote and you have to choices, either lose a lot by selling elsewhere or pay £20 to get your device back. My situation: PS4 in very good condition with all original accessories -Online quote - £110 -Their "testing" came back with grade E (overheating, disc not reading) - Paid £20 to get it sent back, they forgot to send back the power cord. Spent two weeks sending emails with no avail, they did not even answer to the Paypal and only after raising a complaint to support team, the company actually sent me the power cord. -I went to Cex the next day and got £92 for the same Playstation.
BEWARE ITS A SCAM! This company will tell you after assessing your phone that it has a fault & is damaged & offer you substantially less than first stated, if you decline the offer you have to pay them £20 to return your phone. My phone which was less than 2 years old was neither faulty or scratched & sent to them in original box. Lesson learned READ ALL REVIEWS 🤨
They are a scam, they quoted a total of £450 for my 2 phones, an iphone 8 plus 256GB and an iphone 8 64GB. Both were less than 2 years old and were in excellent condition. iphone 8 plus had one small scratch on the casing otherwise no cosmetic damages nor any software damages. But when the phones were sent, i was given a revised quote of £205 in total stating crackling earpiece, scratches on screen, charging port being loose, etc. and none of these existed until the day i sent my phones over to them. Was asked to pay £20 to return the phones as apparently i mis-stated the conditions of phones when i applied for an online quote. As stupid as I'm, I went online to check their reviews which is when their scam dawned on me. I should have done this even before sending my phones over. I wanted my phones back asap as i was concerned my phones would never be returned or in damaged condition, which is when another nightmare occured. I realised there is no contact number for them, only an email which wasn't responded to quickly. I was starting to panic at this stage and i found out their phone number from one of the other reviews which had a screenshot of their previous webpage with a phone number on. Someone answered and when i asked if it's handsetrecycle, they said yes and stated i will receive an email with instructions of making the £20 payment. And indeed i received an email with a paypal email addresses to which i made the payment and again, there was no further comms. I called the same number the next day and the person that attended the call said they are not handsetrecycle (even though it was the same voice that answered the previous day). I challenged that i spoke with them the previous day and it was indeed handsetrecyce, he said they help handsetrecycle with deliveries, not actual repairs. He then checked the status of my phone and said they were dispatched the previous day. I asked for a tracking number to which he responded emailing them back. I did receive my phone in 2 days and there were scratches on my iphone 8 screen which werent there before. They didnt give the money they quoted and on top of it, have damaged my phone. I have went on to sell both my phones for £500 in total via FB marketplace. I will now reach out to paypal to receive a refund of my £20. Beware there are a number of red flags (which a cautious person as myself missed, huge money does it!): 1) No contact number 2) Their T&Cs state a charge of £20 for returning phones where as a no. of other companies state they will return for free 3) they offered the highest price of all, even higher than mazuma or musicmagpie 4) there is no way to write a review from their website AVOID THEM AT ALL COSTS!!
They are a scam, they quoted a total of £450 for my 2 phones, an iphone 8 plus 256GB and an iphone 8 64GB. Both were less than 2 years old and were in excellent condition. iphone 8 plus had one small scratch on the casing otherwise no cosmetic damages nor any software damages. But when the phones were sent, i was given a revised quote of £205 in total stating crackling earpiece, scratches on screen, charging port being loose, etc. and none of these existed until the day i sent my phones over to them. Was asked to pay £20 to return the phones as apparently i mis-stated the conditions of phones when i applied for an online quote. As stupid as I'm, I went online to check their reviews which is when their scam dawned on me. I should have done this even before sending my phones over. I wanted my phones back asap as i was concerned my phones would never be returned or in damaged condition, which is when another nightmare occured. I realised there is no contact number for them, only an email which wasn't responded to quickly. I was starting to panic at this stage and i found out their phone number from one of the other reviews which had a screenshot of their previous webpage with a phone number on. Someone answered and when i asked if it's handsetrecycle, they said yes and stated i will receive an email with instructions of making the £20 payment. And indeed i received an email with a paypal email addresses to which i made the payment and again, there was no further comms. I called the same number the next day and the person that attended the call said they are not handsetrecycle (even though it was the same voice that answered the previous day). I challenged that i spoke with them the previous day and it was indeed handsetrecyce, he said they help handsetrecycle with deliveries, not actual repairs. He then checked the status of my phone and said they were dispatched the previous day. I asked for a tracking number to which he responded emailing them back. I did receive my phone in 2 days and there were scratches on my iphone 8 screen which werent there before. They didnt give the money they quoted and on top of it, have damaged my phone. I have went on to sell both my phones for £500 in total via FB marketplace. I will now reach out to paypal to receive a refund of my £20. Beware there are a number of red flags (which a cautious person as myself missed, huge money does it!): 1) No contact number 2) Their T&Cs state a charge of £20 for returning phones where as a no. of other companies state they will return for free 3) they offered the highest price of all, even higher than mazuma or musicmagpie 4) there is no way to write from their website AVOID THEM AT ALL COSTS!!
This is a scam. Avoid at all costs. Offer a good price, but when they received it they claimed it was faulty and made a stupidly low counter offer. They then point to their T&Cs that say it costs £20 to get your phone back. It’s a scam. Go to one of the bigger recycle companies instead and don’t be ripped off like I was.
Its a scam & Trustpilot allow them to continue to post fake 5 star reviews. I have reported them to TrustPilot,Salford Trading Standards & BBC Watchdog. They appeared on BBC Watchdog trading under there other name Elite Computers as shown in November 2019. Same as all the 1 star reviews as seen on TrustPilot unless removed.
Very crafty scam: I have NEVER seen a company with so many review authenticity challenges on one review website! (ie they have asked for so many to be removed! - on trustpilot). Her's how they do it: Offer inflated to get me to send a phone, then drop the offer price from £190 to £90 via email, OR pay £20 for it's return. A NO LOSE model. Disgusting. These guys need reporting to Trading Standards. Someone needs to stop them getting hold of property, and selling it back for £20 a time. It's extortion plain and simple.
www.handsetrecycle.com is rated 1.00 based on 8 reviews